Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

The complaining about Amazon thread

Old 01-12-19, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: The complaining about Amazon thread

Originally Posted by zyzzle View Post
Hey, I've just seen too many friends taken to the cleaners by their wives, some of many longstanding years! Mostly unfairly. Nothing against womankind in general. And, or course I was being tongue-in-cheek about Mr. Bezos, since as you know I have no love for him. Let's not be so sensitive! It just strikes me as quite incredible that a woman could stick with Bezos for 25 years, then, when he's the "richest man in the world" decide that, yes, now's the time for a good Divorce and fat settlement.

Today, a the institution of Marriage is more a business than at any other time in history.
I don't think it's that cut and dry. It's being reported that Bezos cheated on his wife with Lauren Sanchez. Ironically, she's getting a divorce, as well.
Old 01-12-19, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm sure it isn't that cut and dry, however you can be sure there's a sanitized public explanation and a more messy private explanation(s). People wear multiple masks, and I know Bezos is no exception. Nor is his wife. Or her attorneys, who of course "waited" to maximize their payment from the Divorce, as well.
Old 01-15-19, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by lwhy? View Post
I had one that said signed by Sherrell. I don't know anyone named Sherrell unless whoever is delivering the mail signs it....
my guess is, its the delivery person esp. when they drop off the package outside your door or porch
Old 01-17-19, 07:04 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by Why So Blu? View Post
I don't think it's that cut and dry. It's being reported that Bezos cheated on his wife with Lauren Sanchez. Ironically, she's getting a divorce, as well.
I don't know what Bezos sees in Lauren Sanchez compared to his wife, but to each his own.

Do you think Amazon will carry any of MacKenzie Bezos' future novels?
Old 01-17-19, 05:57 PM
kd5
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

My wife bought me Doctor Who: Tom Baker Complete First Season for Christmas, it even arrived early, but the case was cracked/broken at the upper right corner so I set up a Return for replacement and we waited.......and waited......and waited.......no replacement. Amazon was out, again, no idea when they'd be getting more in. Had an expected delivery date of Jan. 17th; today, the 17th, I get an order update, shipping by Jan. 22nd. Lord knows when it will actually get here because I sure don't. Nice Christmas present.
Old 01-19-19, 01:05 PM
Inane Thread Master

anyone use an Amazon locker for a pickup? wondering how the experience was as thinking about doing one. thanks.