Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

The complaining about Amazon thread

Old 09-11-19, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Re: The complaining about Amazon thread

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man View Post
I think the system automatically tells them what kind of box or envelope to use. I doubt they would leave to the discretion of their warehouse slaves. There are size and weight considerations for shipping, so they probably see that you bought DVD boxed set "X" so that ships out in a #7 box. Drop it in the box, label it, put a little tape on it (not too much, your tape usage is being monitored), and throw it on the conveyor belt. And do it in four seconds or we'll fire you.
If their system is telling them exactly what box or envelope to put certain items in, then their employees must be ignoring thos system commands quite often. I often order the same items sometimes only a day apart and they very often arrive in different types of boxes or envelopes each time. One time I ordered a Marvel collectible and then ordered one for a friend the next day. The first one arrived in a large box with a lot of air puffs and packing material . The second one shipped from the same warehouse arrived unboxed and they just stuck the shipping label directly on the product packaging and shipped it out. It of course arrived damaged with multiple punctures holes all over the product box. Another time I ordered the same post two days apart. One arrived nicely packaged in a box large enough that the poster couldn't get damaged. The other one arrived in a long, but very flat box that wasn't more than a half inch taller than the diameter of the rolled poster. It got crushed and had to be returned as well.

Last edited by movieguru; 09-11-19 at 08:58 PM.