Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

The complaining about Amazon thread

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

The complaining about Amazon thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-17, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 552 Likes on 344 Posts
Re: The complaining about Amazon thread

I just received a package from amazon on time. I guess odds are one would have to be on time eventually.
Old 12-28-17, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 347 Likes on 247 Posts

I was guaranteed delivery today but there was a delay in my order and a representative had to escalate my case by putting in a ticket. Delivery is for tomorrow.

I'm not upset one bit because it's free shipping, free prime for a month. Amazon has done an amazing job serving me well.
Old 12-28-17, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,020 Likes on 630 Posts

Originally Posted by Viper187
Am I the only one bitching to Amazon about the missing wishlist filters on the website? I got a response from someone over a week ago claiming they're working on it, but still nothing. How fucking long can it take to fix the filters? ugh.
Originally Posted by fumanstan
I still don't see those filters, maybe Amazon just removed them completely and had data that it wasn't really used. Worst case, create smaller more categorized lists to manage and view them easier?
Hey, I just noticed that the "Price" filters have returned to my Wish Lists!

It must have happened fairly recently, because I remember checking not too long ago and still being frustrated that I couldn't sort by price.

Fingers crossed that they don't take it away again.
Old 01-01-18, 03:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

When did Amazon started charging the credit card as soon as you made an order? I thought they charged after they shipped your order?

I noticed when I cancel an order Amazon refunds me back the funds. I don't recall Amazon charging first.
Old 01-01-18, 06:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts

They've always posted a pending transaction before shipping. They used to have a system where the pending charge would fall off (be cancelled) if they didn't ship within the 2-day pending period (which rarely happens). Then the charge would come back as soon as they ship. I don't think they do it that way anymore. Probably lots of complaints about overdrafts (because everyone just looks at their balance, and doesn't worry about incoming pending charges).

With any merchant, you can pend funds until they cash out. I *think* you can pend funds for up to 2 days, depending on your merchant settings (I'm always 1 day, as I gotta get paid). So if you order on Monday afternoon, Amazon will batch out that transaction Wednesday evening, and your payment will go from "pending" to "posted" status as soon as your bank updates Thursday early morning.

During that time, the merchant can cancel the pending transaction, and it'll disappear. Amazon also gives you a period of time, while the shipping is in "planning" stage, to cancel your order.
Old 01-01-18, 07:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by rjh_54
You know, I've boxed around 50k packages during my career. And it always amazes me that anyone will just put one piece of tape on a flimsy box and call it done. I get the "lean" and "thrifty" idea behind it. And I won't pretend to know better than Amazon. But I really care about the products I sell and ship and the customers I ship them to. I could never slap together a box the way Amazon does. All that "dead space" allows the box to crush and twist apart. My boxes could be dropped and thrown and the product would probably still be safe.

By Amazon's rules, you're supposed to be able to drop the item itself (without Amazon's overboxing) from 36" height, without damage to the box or product. That's the rule for manufacturers and distributors who want to use Amazon Fulfillment. So the product itself is supposed to be able to withstand a little punishment. But they're not 100% strict about that rule. And that rule doesn't matter if the product falls out of the box.
Old 01-01-18, 03:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just had a strange interaction with Amazon UK over exchanging a Blu-Ray boxed set. The set that arrived was fully intact, but several disks had minor scratches and the error rate on the rest was worse than expected, so I eventually opted to try again. Navigating the web site, there was no option for replacement and/or return, only for a refund. Customer Service told me repeatedly they could not just send a replacement, but when I told them the price had gone up, it appears they reacted by crediting me for the entire order, which included another single BD and shipping costs. It worked out a few pounds in my favor. Additionally they said

"To make up for the inconvenience caused,kindly place the new order with fastest shipping method available and reply to this e-mail with new order number,so that we could waive off the delivery charges and make sure that you receive the item as soon as possible."

So I chose the $22 shipping option and should have my new set around Friday. I'm happy, but tell me, on what planet is this easier than just processing a simple replacement? IMHO the process is something Monstromart might have dreamed-up:

Last edited by thetao; 01-01-18 at 04:44 PM.
Old 01-01-18, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Troy Stiffler
They've always posted a pending transaction before shipping. They used to have a system where the pending charge would fall off (be cancelled) if they didn't ship within the 2-day pending period (which rarely happens). Then the charge would come back as soon as they ship. I don't think they do it that way anymore. Probably lots of complaints about overdrafts (because everyone just looks at their balance, and doesn't worry about incoming pending charges).
Appreciate the input!
Old 01-05-18, 06:18 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fuckign international Amazon sites. I wanted to order RE2 Extended Cut from Amazon Japan, but for some dumbass reason the 3rd party sellers fulfilled by amazon don't ship to the US. If Amazon ships it, it should go to all the same places Amazon ships their own products.
Old 01-05-18, 11:15 PM

My Amazon UK package did arrive today...sort of. The carrier (DHL) attempted delivery mid-afternoon but apparently needed a signature, except that I wasn't home (like most people) and the driver left no trace of their presence. I found the delivery attempt online. DHL apparently doesn't deliver on Saturdays, so I'm likely going to wait it out until the driver opts to leave a note or door tag.
Old 01-05-18, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Is it no longer possible to organize reviews by most helpful? For about a year or so, the first review is recommended by a bunch of people, then the forthcoming are recommended by 1 person or no one.
Old 01-07-18, 03:33 PM
Banned

Ok. WTF? Amazon UK let me order a DVD that's "Fulfilled by Amazon" but refused to give me any of the normal Amazon shipping options at checkout. Only "Standard." I want fucking Global Priority. Waiting for the bastards to respond to an email.
Old 01-07-18, 03:40 PM

I've run into many "fulfilled by Amazon" items not shipping to North America, and have always assumed the seller doesn't want the additional liability of shipping outside the UK or the EU. In your situation, I have no idea, since you're the party paying the costs. Curious to hear their reply.
Old 01-08-18, 01:27 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by thetao
I've run into many "fulfilled by Amazon" items not shipping to North America, and have always assumed the seller doesn't want the additional liability of shipping outside the UK or the EU. In your situation, I have no idea, since you're the party paying the costs. Curious to hear their reply.
Holy fuck these people are idiots. Do all Amazon international sites outsource their customer service to the same fuckwits that the US one does!? This is ridiculous.

This DVD is "Fulfilled by Amazon." Why the hell can't I choose expedited shipping options for it the same as the shit Amazon sells directly!?
Hello,

I'm Yugesh from Amazon responding to your email.​

First of all, please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused due to the estimate delivery date assigned for your order.

From your e-mail I do understand that you were unable to choose expedited shipping option for the item which is sold by Amazon.

Please allow me to explain this for you.

Your Amazon Prime membership at Amazon.co.uk gives you great benefits including unlimited One-Day Delivery, unlimited Prime Video streaming, Prime Music, unlimited photo storage on the Amazon Could Drive, Kindle Owners’ Lending Library and much more. These benefits are only available at Amazon.co.uk with this membership. Other Amazon sites offer separate memberships to Amazon Prime (Amazon.ca, Amazon.com, Amazon.de, Amazon.it and Amazon.co.jp) or Amazon Premium (Amazon.fr and Amazon.es) for benefits at that particular site. Benefits may differ from site to site and aren't transferable.

Please note that when you place the order at Aamzon.co.uk to United States address, Prime delivery benefits will not be eligible.

Amazon has several distribution centers throughout Europe, and at times certain items may only be available in a few specific locations. We also work with a number of carriers to make sure that you receive your parcel as fast as possible.

As a result, your parcel will sometimes travel through other countries before reaching you. This might be the reason for the long estimated delivery date.

Please be informed that the delivery estimate mentioned is just an estimated time frame. However it'll arrive before the estimated delivery date.

If you want an​y help, Please feel free and write back as we are here to help you.​

Your patience and understanding is greatly appreciated.​​​

​We hope to see you again soon.​​
Does anyone one speak plain English? Goddamn. The problem is simple. I ordered a DVD that is "Fulfilled by Amazon" but checkout doesn't offer me the same shipping options as when I buy DVDs that are actually sold by Amazon. It has nothing to do with fucking Prime. There are always multiple shipping options. I want Amazon Global Priority for this order, and there's no logical reason it shouldn't be an option. Like I said, I use it for my other orders from Amazon UK. Why the fuck can't I get it for this? Amazon UK is shipping it. It should make no difference that it's a marketplace seller when Amazon is the one doing the goddamn shipping.
Hello,

I am Rakesh from Amazon escalations team.

I certainly understand that you recent order # 026-0801062-3651503 didn't offer you the same shipping options at checkout page as provided for your previous DVDs.

I realize that you hadn’t expected for this to happen when you placed an order with us. I’m sorry about this experience – we didn’t intend for you to encounter such a situation either.

Please be informed that If the checkout page doesn't include the message with priority shipping options, the item isn't eligible for multiple shipping options at the moment you placed the order.

While we aim to give our Amazon Prime customers great delivery options either at no extra charge or at discounted rates, some items aren’t eligible for delivery benefits.

Prime delivery benefits depend upon stock availability, order deadlines, and in some cases the delivery address. They are limited to certain products sold by Amazon or third-party sellers participating in Prime on the Amazon website and to certain products on third-party websites that offer Prime delivery benefits.

I sincerely apologies for the inconvenience you have faced but I hope you will understand our limitations in this regard.

The terms and conditions of Amazon prime benefits states that delivery benefits are limited to certain products sold by Amazon (or third-party sellers participating in Prime) on the Amazon website.

Please visit the following link to know more about Amazon prime Terms and Conditions:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/cus...deId=201910780

Trust me, if there was an option for the priority delivery for this item, we would have included during the checkout and offered you the same.

I know this has been a disappointing experience for you, therefore, I have forwarded your comments regarding the prime delivery benefits to the concerned department to let them know about your experiences and I'll make sure the appropriate people will look into this.

We’re constantly adding to our selection of Amazon Prime eligible items, so please check back from time to time for delivery benefits.

I highly appreciate your admirable patience and understanding while I continue to work on this issue.

Should you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us back anytime and rest assured that we will do everything we can to help you.

Thank you for choosing Amazon and we look forward to hear from you soon.
Old 01-08-18, 02:58 PM
Banned

Another issue of note: After all these years, Amazon still doesn't have the option to blacklist the marketplace sellers you don't like so you don't have to see their listings anymore!? Come the fuck on.
Old 01-08-18, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

I don't know how reliable fakespot.com is, but a bunch of Amazon reviews for dash cameras come up with F or D scores.
Old 01-09-18, 03:31 PM
Banned

Fucking idiots. Another reply. For some reason this doesn't quote my response to the one above, so I don't have a copy...

Hello,

I am Rakesh from Amazon escalation team.

I am sorry to inform you that we are unable to upgrade the shipping or issue a refund as the order is already in advanced shipping stage.

In order to make up this issue and the trouble you have faced, I have added a 10 GBP gift card to your account.

You can check your Current Balance at any time by going to the "View Balance" in the "Gift Cards & Top Up" section of Your Account, or clicking the following link:
You said the shipping couldn't be changed because the "order is already in advanced shipping stage." Yet, it's been another 36 hours, and I still don't see a goddamn shipping confirmation. International Amazon sites are all notoriously slow at actually handing things over to shipping carriers no matter what type of shipping it is, and you're starting to piss me off. You better fix your fucking checkout so every DVD/BD that Amazon ships, regardless if it's sold by Amazon or 3rd party FULFILLED BY AMAZON, gets the same shipping options and stop acting like it's impossible to slap a better shipping label on a fucking DVD when someone like me is willing to pay for it. It's not the least bit complicated, and the excuses you've made the past 3 days make you people look like complete idiots.
Old 01-09-18, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 917 Likes on 677 Posts

I'd be pretty damn happy if I got comp'd $10 for a DVD purchase which probably wasn't much more valuable to begin with. Unless there was a reason you needed it on a specific day.
Old 01-09-18, 04:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Noonan
I'd be pretty damn happy if I got comp'd $10 for a DVD purchase which probably wasn't much more valuable to begin with. Unless there was a reason you needed it on a specific day.
I can't stand bullshit slow shipping. It's the 21st fucking century. I want proper shipping options. If they end up using fucking Asendia, I'll be bitching about that too, because there's no excuse for using a carrier that doesn't provide tracking.
Old 01-09-18, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

Ok, the standard shipping rate from Amazon UK will be shipped via Asendia. That's a given. You have to pay the sky high options for expedited shipping at the time of checkout. That is all that is offered.

Is this some bullshit OCD tick?
Old 01-09-18, 05:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
Ok, the standard shipping rate from Amazon UK will be shipped via Asendia. That's a given. You have to pay the sky high options for expedited shipping at the time of checkout. That is all that is offered.

Is this some bullshit OCD tick?
I always pay for one of the expedited options on foreign Amazon sites. The Eurotrash Amazon sites all have the worst shipping and handling of any online retailer I've dealt with. They claim packages are shipped, but it takes days for the carrier to actually receive them, assuming tracking is provided at all. I'm not a patient person. Even Global Standard ends up Asendia half the goddamn time. Point is the fucking checkout wouldn't offer me the option of AmazonGlobal anything this time for no logical reason. Yet, I can order form Japan and receive DVd/BD in 4 days for less than I pay in shipping at the Euro sites. Hell, I received an Amazon Japan order overnight one time.

Last edited by Viper187; 01-09-18 at 05:18 PM.
Old 01-10-18, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 314 Likes on 215 Posts

Anyone ever receive a Blu-ray from Amazon with packing tape across the slipcover? I ordered the 25th Anniversary Akira Blu-ray recently and it arrived with a piece of packing tape running almost all the way around the slipcover vertically, such that I had to slice the tape along the top and bottom openings of the slipcover to get the Blu-ray case out. I don't really care much because slipcovers that are identical to the case cover art are useless to me, but I though it was odd. I got Ninja Scroll in the same order which also has a slipcover and there was no tape.
Old 01-10-18, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 332 Likes on 175 Posts

Amazon driver in the Roxborough section of Philadelphia discarded a bunch of packages in the snow.
http://6abc.com/business/amazon-pack...rough/2925117/
ROXBOROUGH (WPVI) --
Deb Martelon orders packages from Amazon.com on a regular basis and has never had a problem, that is until Tuesday night.

She was waiting on an order and noticed a delivery driver in the neighborhood. Her box didn't come but when she looked out the window she said saw several boxes out in the snow.

"They were not at the door, they were just lying in the snow on the side of the road, spaced out, a couple of feet a part," said Martelon. "Seven total packages."

Being a concerned neighbor, Martelon posted an alert on Facebook. That's when she discovered this was a widespread problem.

"There were a lot of people who then started to post 'Hey, I am expecting a package. Is one of them mine?' and then we noticed there was somebody who posted about Martin Street, who had 20 packages delivered and none of them were hers," said Martelon. "The cops came to pick them up and delivered them."
Old 01-10-18, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by sportsfan64
Amazon driver in the Roxborough section of Philadelphia discarded a bunch of packages in the snow.
http://6abc.com/business/amazon-pack...rough/2925117/
ROXBOROUGH (WPVI) --
Deb Martelon orders packages from Amazon.com on a regular basis and has never had a problem, that is until Tuesday night.

She was waiting on an order and noticed a delivery driver in the neighborhood. Her box didn't come but when she looked out the window she said saw several boxes out in the snow.

"They were not at the door, they were just lying in the snow on the side of the road, spaced out, a couple of feet a part," said Martelon. "Seven total packages."

Being a concerned neighbor, Martelon posted an alert on Facebook. That's when she discovered this was a widespread problem.

"There were a lot of people who then started to post 'Hey, I am expecting a package. Is one of them mine?' and then we noticed there was somebody who posted about Martin Street, who had 20 packages delivered and none of them were hers," said Martelon. "The cops came to pick them up and delivered them."
That is truly fucked up.
Old 01-11-18, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Viper187
Another issue of note: After all these years, Amazon still doesn't have the option to blacklist the marketplace sellers you don't like so you don't have to see their listings anymore!? Come the fuck on.
That could be a "killer app" for web searches!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.