Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

The complaining about Amazon thread

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

The complaining about Amazon thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-17, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 451 Likes on 309 Posts
Re: The complaining about Amazon thread

Anyone else having problems with deliveries this holiday season too? I've had 5 late packages, anywhere from 1-8 days, and 2 packages lost.

Looks like I'm not the only one:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.8226fb6e066d
Old 12-19-17, 10:14 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBang
Anyone else having problems with deliveries this holiday season too? I've had 5 late packages, anywhere from 1-8 days, and 2 packages lost.

Looks like I'm not the only one:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.8226fb6e066d
Fucking parcel services need to get their shit together. They should be running 7 days a week year round by now. It's the 21st fucking century.
Old 12-19-17, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

I've had one, my book that I ordered from B&N shipped on the 11th via UPS and was passed off to my USPS on the 13th and looks like the post office held it for 5 days and only delivered it yesterday. Amazon is still killing it, though.
Old 12-19-17, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

What the fuck Amazon? I placed an order Saturday morning the 16th, at 10:26 with free Prime 2 day delivery. They shipped the stuff out that day. I received it all yesterday, the 18th, in two separate boxes by 5 PM. How dare they.
Old 12-19-17, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

No major issues here, i've ordered 5-6 things and my wife has had a few things as well, and everything has been on time.
Old 12-19-17, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

Originally Posted by jjcool
What the fuck Amazon? I placed an order Saturday morning the 16th, at 10:26 with free Prime 2 day delivery. They shipped the stuff out that day. I received it all yesterday, the 18th, in two separate boxes by 5 PM. How dare they.

Old 12-19-17, 10:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jon2
Talking about Amazon UK, has anyone had issues with their packages lately?

Previous to my last two orders, everything I'd ordered before from the UK came thru well packaged. Plenty of cushioning material in boxes that were appropriately sized (larger than actually necessary, if anything).

But... my last two orders had no packing material to cushion stuff, and were in boxes that had been cut down or altered.[...]
Actually, I just received a box today, the second of four orders. (Meanwhile, I want to buy a $24 item from Amazon.com and can't for the life of me find a second inexpensive item that leaps off the page to tack-on for free shipping.) While it must have happened at some point, I don't recall ever getting packaging material inside my UK boxes. Sometimes the boxes have even fallen apart in transit and USPS taped them back together, but the contents has always survived intact, minus the occasional floater. Today a DVD's case was crushed on the bottom, and the disk a floater with an odd circular scratch pattern on the laser side, suggesting it went through a crude scratch remover system. But the shrink wrap seemed perfectly normal, so I'm not sure what to think. First time for everything.
Old 12-21-17, 06:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Anyone ever get an Amazon package delivered before 7am? I just did. My son went out to head to school and came back a minute later with a package. I just checked the tracking info and it was delivered by the USPS at 6:48am. First time I've ever seen that happen before.
Old 12-21-17, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by EdTheRipper
Anyone ever get an Amazon package delivered before 7am? I just did. My son went out to head to school and came back a minute later with a package. I just checked the tracking info and it was delivered by the USPS at 6:48am. First time I've ever seen that happen before.
Not before 7, but this month I have gotten several USPS packages before 8. I know for sure that at least one was an ebay purchase. Must be on a separate package truck, as the regular mailman comes by at the regular time later in the day.
Old 12-21-17, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by EdTheRipper
Never happened to me, but it sure would make some sense for most delivery drivers. I always feel bad for those UPS fellas out several hours after dark. They must have a difficult time locating some houses at that hour.
Old 12-21-17, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 451 Likes on 309 Posts

Yup, had a UPS package delivered last night at 9:42 PM. It was a knock and run, so I assume he had even more deliveries to get to.

USPS has separate package delivery services sometimes from your regular letter carrier, and they're working overtime at this time of year, including Sunday deliveries.
Old 12-21-17, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 87 Likes on 71 Posts

Yup, had a UPS package delivered last night at 9:42 PM. It was a knock and run, so I assume he had even more deliveries to get to.
wow that is late.Complain and maybe get A discount
on prime.
I had delivery about 8:15 one night from Amazon.
Think it was ONTRAC. They ran off when my 3 dogs started barking.

They left two of my new bicycles on the front porch without knocking.Not A biggie as I was
getting delivery updates via text.

Changing A delivery date can be A hassle.Had A package schedule for delivery for Friday and they
just changed it to Saturday.And we are going to gone this weekend to visit family.

So now I have to see if the neighbors are going to be around.Might try the Amazon locker thing for around the holidays.I also have A box at mailing center PO box up in Oregon,so I do not have to plan
around my deliveries as much.
Old 12-22-17, 01:57 PM

I don't usually have many issues with Amazon, a few hiccups here and there but it's bound to happen when you order so much.

This past week they've been horrendous. I ordered a handful of things on Monday, all set to arrive Wednesday. Most of them shipped on time, but it was when those items' statuses changed to "Shipped' that the other items that didn't ship suddenly said "Arriving Thursday". The items that DID show up on Wednesday arrived EXACTLY like this:

Luckily the items in that box were shrink wrapped together and the worst damage done was a slightly dinged corner of the cover of a Vinyl record. I couldn't believe my eyes though. It's a good thing the items were shrink wrapped together, otherwise stuff definitely would've fallen out.

Anyway, cut to Wednesday night. I place another order set to arrive Friday. A few days pass and suddenly their status is changed to "Arriving Saturday".

Can I still complain to their customer service about these orders not arriving even though their statuses simply changed (as opposed to them not changing or the packages being delayed)? It's frustrating that I'm paying for two-day shipping and so many of my orders are taking three days now.
Old 12-22-17, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

I sure would try to contact them and complain. And make sure you point out every shipment that was late. That way if the policy is 1 month free prime per late shipment will get more than 1 month added.
Old 12-23-17, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by b2net
I sure would try to contact them and complain. And make sure you point out every shipment that was late. That way if the policy is 1 month free prime per late shipment will get more than 1 month added.
I contacted them about the few shipments that took three days and the slightly damaged vinyl that came in that mangled packaging. Despite telling them I already left packaging feedback they directed me to the place to do that, and as far as the shipments they gave me some spiel about the carrier(s). They didn't give me any free Prime but they gave me $10 in credit on my account, so I'll take it.
Old 12-23-17, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Wow, I am shocked. Amazon sent me an opened copy of Kingsman 2 4K UHD. I placed the order last night along with a few other things and they offered free overnight shipping.

Well, it just arrived at 6pm PT, and I got a damaged and opened product.

The slip cover was partially torn and shockingly the cellophane wrapping was completely removed, plus all the inserts were gone including the UV HD copy. It's like they sent me someone's used copy.

Man, what a piss poor delivery. I contacted their customer service and they're sending me a replacement in a few days plus I have to return the bad disc. But, I'm just flabbergasted that someone at their warehouse thought they could get away with sending this. Bad job by Amazon.
Old 12-24-17, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by rjh_54
They didn't give me any free Prime but they gave me $10 in credit on my account, so I'll take it.
That is just over 1 extra month of Prime ($8.25)..
Old 12-24-17, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 551 Likes on 343 Posts

Ordered two items that had guaranteed Sunday delivery for today. Surprise, surprise, the post office isn't delivering them until Dec 26. This is the fourth straight package that was shipped Prime that won't be here on the date that it is supposed to be. I chatted with them after the third time and canceled Prime so they gave me a free month. Doesn't look like I will be renewing it anytime soon.
Old 12-24-17, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 347 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
I placed the order last night along with a few other things and they offered free overnight shipping.
Which shipping service was used? Laser Ship?
Old 12-24-17, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Sonic
Which shipping service was used? Laser Ship?
It was Amazon that delivered. I fulfilled a $35 threshold for free overnight shipping. Normally that would be $6 I believe.

Maybe the Warehouse was pissed that they had to deliver only a Blu Ray and decided to give me a lump of coal...a used copy
Old 12-26-17, 01:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts

On the opposite side of things, I had a shipment delivered on the 24th that wasn't supposed to arrive until the 27th.
Old 12-27-17, 08:24 AM
Banned

So somehow, 9am eastern isn't early enough for 2 day shipping anymore? I ordered 8 blu-rays and they're coming Saturday. Wednesday + 2 days = FRIDAY. assholes
Old 12-27-17, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk God

So Amazon fucked up my order....actually the 3rd party seller fucked up.

I ordered Code of Silence (Chuck Norris movie) Special Edition from Kino Lorber over the weekend. It was released this year. Today it arrived and instead they sent me the old 2012 barebones MGM edition.

I noticed it was sold by a 3rd party seller called "Media Discounts" and there is a barcode sticker on the cellophane wrapping that says it's the "Special Edition", which was wrong.

I'm not sure how I got directed to the 3rd party seller 1st. Amazon is also selling it for the same sale price and their listing is on the Other sellers on Amazon side panel.

So obviously I'm sending it back and they're crediting my account. Just bummer that they fucked this up. Only reason why I bought it was because it was on sale for $13.25. I want to try again via Amazon, so hopefully the price doesn't bump up before I get credited back my money.
Old 12-27-17, 10:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DJariya
So Amazon fucked up my order....actually the 3rd party seller fucked up.

I ordered Code of Silence (Chuck Norris movie) Special Edition from Kino Lorber over the weekend. It was released this year. Today it arrived and instead they sent me the old 2012 barebones MGM edition.

I noticed it was sold by a 3rd party seller called "Media Discounts" and there is a barcode sticker on the cellophane wrapping that says it's the "Special Edition", which was wrong.

I'm not sure how I got directed to the 3rd party seller 1st. Amazon is also selling it for the same sale price and their listing is on the Other sellers on Amazon side panel.

So obviously I'm sending it back and they're crediting my account. Just bummer that they fucked this up. Only reason why I bought it was because it was on sale for $13.25. I want to try again via Amazon, so hopefully the price doesn't bump up before I get credited back my money.
$13, and you can't afford to just buy the right copy now? Seriously? They're just going to refund the other one to whatever card you used anyway. Also, it's the same master. No new scan, no real point.
Old 12-27-17, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Viper187
$13, and you can't afford to just buy the right copy now? Seriously? They're just going to refund the other one to whatever card you used anyway. Also, it's the same master. No new scan, no real point.
I can afford it of course. It was purchased with a gift card a friend gave me for Christmas. Kind of defeats the purpose of the gift card if I paid to have it re-shipped out of my own pocket.

Yes, I'm aware it's not some new remaster. I wanted it for the new extras including Andrew Davis' commentary track.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.