Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

The VINYL Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-16, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: The VINYL Thread!

Well, it looks like I might miss out on The Warriors.

I'm having all kinds of problems with Waxwork's site today. I logged into my account like normal and went to my cart and there was a pop-up error message that said "Your province can't be empty". It isn't. The site wouldn't let me go to checkout because of that. So I tried paying with Paypal, and that worked, until the order wouldn't complete because "We don't ship to your location".

I sent them a few tweets about it because they were on twitter promoting this record and I figured someone would see it and respond. That didn't happen, the error keeps preventing me from ordering anything, and because of this I missed out on the graffiti version of the record I wanted. I'm trying over and over again for the grey/red swirl one, but I'm still having all the same problems.

EDIT: Apparently that variant is sold out too. I'm just trying to get the plain black one now, but that's not even working.

Last edited by Bob_Bobbson; 05-06-16 at 11:24 AM.
Old 05-06-16, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

I get no error using the paypal checkout but as you said - there's only the black variant.
Old 05-06-16, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
I get no error using the paypal checkout but as you said - there's only the black variant.
The site just keeps giving me errors no matter what I try to buy. I removed everything from my cart and threw one of their logo patches in there for the hell of it. It still says "Province can't be blank" when I go to my cart, and "We don't ship to your location" when I try to checkout.

Also, I wish they would update their site quicker or find some way to get it to auto update when stuff sells out. Looking at the site, there is no way to tell the variants are sold out. You can still even cart them. It doesn't tell you they are sold out until you get to the checkout process.
Old 05-06-16, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 825 Likes on 546 Posts

I was having a ton of problems this morning as well. I was finally able to get the graffiti one and a set of pins.
Old 05-06-16, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, apparently the Grey/Red swirl wasn't sold out, because through some persistence I finally got an order to go through for it. lol

The site is still giving me all kinds of errors.
Even for this order that finally worked, it was like:
"We can't ship to your location"
*refresh*
*refresh*
Shipping will be $6. Continue?
*click*
*refresh*
Etc.

I ended up having to log out of my Waxwork account and go through Paypal as a guest to get it to work.

Last edited by Bob_Bobbson; 05-06-16 at 12:24 PM.
Old 05-06-16, 12:26 PM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts

Graffiti variant just went through fine for me.
Old 05-06-16, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The problem that may be plaguing the sale is that folks are keeping items in their carts. I remember this happening on Taxi Driver. Once folks exited or cleared their carts the items went back into the inventory.
Old 05-06-16, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Being a subscriber, I was able to snag a deluxe edition and a graffiti variant this morning.

No interest in those pins, which should have been included in the deluxe edition.
Old 05-06-16, 06:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ah shit, I was just watching this movie the other night and though "It would be cool if Mondo did a bad ass release on this."

I'm on the fence.... I really want the deluxe but not for that much. Have you guys had great experiences with these guys, shipping seemed a bit high...
Old 05-06-16, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pre ordered the rerelease.
Old 05-06-16, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Ravenous
Ah shit, I was just watching this movie the other night and though "It would be cool if Mondo did a bad ass release on this."

I'm on the fence.... I really want the deluxe but not for that much. Have you guys had great experiences with these guys, shipping seemed a bit high...
Yeah, I've bought from Wax Works. They're a solid company but it all depends on what they have in stock at hand. My Krampus score took almost four months to arrive. The Taxi Driver score took only 7 days to arrive.
Old 05-07-16, 01:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 945 Likes on 719 Posts

Originally Posted by LiquidSky
Pre ordered the rerelease.
They're doing a "record re-release" show near me next month. First time I've ever heard of something like that. Hopefully they'll have copies of the album for sale (I went to the Whoop-Dee-Do record release show, and they didn't have copies yet)
Old 05-07-16, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The Rob Zombie vinyl came in today - the one that was redeemed via the target promo last week. What hasn't arrived or even gotten a shipment conformation for is the Megadeth vinyl. They're probably backordered on that one.
Old 05-08-16, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Paff
They're doing a "record re-release" show near me next month. First time I've ever heard of something like that. Hopefully they'll have copies of the album for sale (I went to the Whoop-Dee-Do record release show, and they didn't have copies yet)
Cool! Let me know how it is. I saw a photo on Facebook of Ronnie holding the new blue vinyl....so hopefully, it will be available at the show.
Old 05-08-16, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
The Rob Zombie vinyl came in today - the one that was redeemed via the target promo last week. What hasn't arrived or even gotten a shipment conformation for is the Megadeth vinyl. They're probably backordered on that one.
Wow thats a long while. I got the Megadeth from my sis and funny enough I was just hearing it. It sounds very low and "tinny" or hollow. Not only that the edges were rough like a poor cut and the stereo sound was dropping out of the left and right channel randomly. I looked at the needle and it had gathered alot of particles while playing.
Old 05-08-16, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Ravenous
Wow thats a long while. I got the Megadeth from my sis and funny enough I was just hearing it. It sounds very low and "tinny" or hollow. Not only that the edges were rough like a poor cut and the stereo sound was dropping out of the left and right channel randomly. I looked at the needle and it had gathered alot of particles while playing.
Shit, looks like those LP's may have gathered dust before they packaged them or something.

I have not listened to the Zombie vinyl yet, so here's hoping it's not a quality control issue.
Old 05-09-16, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I got my Zombie vinyl and played it a few times over the weekend. Sounded just fine to my ears.
Old 05-16-16, 10:50 PM

I ended up getting the RSD Nosferatu soundtrack. I love it. Not bad for $15 at all.
Old 05-17-16, 11:03 AM

Anyone here heard of Count Basie? And thoughts or suggestions?
Old 05-17-16, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I've owned an AudioTechnica AT-LP120 for a few years now & noticed they now make it in black. Ended up selling my used one on ebay for $250 & re-buying a brand new black model for $250. LOL good deal.
Old 05-17-16, 08:48 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Picked these two up recently:

OK Computer is a Parlophone pressing in a Capitol sleeve. Kid A is the standard Capitol release because I didn't want to track down an original 2000 Parlophone release at this time. I also pre-ordered A Moon Shaped Pool.

I recently upgraded the cartridge on my table to a Denon 103-R. It's a big improvement over the DJ cart I was using up until now. I also upgraded my phono stage to the Ray Samuels Nighthawk, which is a night and day difference over the Bellari phono I've been using for years. So much more detail and definition.

In the process of setting up the new cart, I realized I was really hitting the limitations of my current table, so I'm currently saving up for a higher end table, probably around $2K. Maybe a VPI Scout or something similar.
Old 05-25-16, 09:59 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,181 Likes on 834 Posts

For you Cronenberg nerds...
http://mondotees.com/blogs/news/1267...rio-of-records

NAKED LUNCH - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
Available May 25 (that's today... sometime today.)

DEAD RINGERS - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
Available this June

CRASH - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
Available this July
Old 05-26-16, 02:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

^

I was tempted to get on Naked Lunch but held out. I may bite on Crash when that one becomes available.
Old 05-26-16, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stupid question: do you guys actually listen to movie soundtracks or just buy them as collectibles?
Old 05-26-16, 10:09 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,181 Likes on 834 Posts

I've only got a tiny amount of them out of my ~210 records (small collection compared to folks here), but I do listen to them, even if not very often.

Footloose - fuck y'all. It's great to listen to.
The Raid - Shinoda version.
Drive - Best movie of 2011. Great soundtrack.
Jurassic Park - I have two of these (different covers). I bought an extra as a collectible more than for listening. Still might sell off one for the cash, and keep the other.
Almost Famous - Wife bought this one. One of her favourites.
Clockwork Orange - my favourite score/soundtrack of Kubrick's films
Empire Records - loved the movie, love the music.

Maybe a couple others. I can't remember off hand.

I'm passing on the Cronenberg ones, though. Although I love that NL is bug-powder yellow, I can't justify it for about $45 shipped. Crash is the only one that interests me, but I want to revisit the movie before I make that decision.

That said, IF I had been anywhere near a computer when that Aliens yellow-goo one went on sale, I'd have bought it and played the shit out of it.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.