Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

The VINYL Thread!

Old 12-02-19, 10:02 AM

Re: The VINYL Thread!

Got what I wanted

Lou Reed
Tony Joe White
Hank Williams 45
Kinks 45
Old 12-02-19, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Dropped a little over a hundred bucks...

Joe Satriani - "Surfing with the Alien"

The second LP in this 2-LP set, which is the same as the first LP minus the solos, is kind of a waste, but it didn't seem to increase the price much, so I can't complain. And the red and yellow LPs look pretty sharp and match the cover art. Speaking of the cover art, I wonder if Marvel made them take the Silver Surfer off of it, they didn't want to pony up for royalties.

Runaways - "Live in Japan"

I haven't listened to his yet, but I think I got the only copy the store got.

Pearl Jam - "Unplugged"

Great album, and gives my Nirvana Unplugged LP a new friend. I think there's also an Alice in Chains Unplugged album, too, I might need to get.

Slipknot - "All Out of Life/Unsainted" 7"

Non-LP track that I needed to get to go with my vinyl copy of the new Slipknot album. Sort of disappointed with the picture disc; I was hoping it was going to be all clear or something, but it's just plain black with the graphics in a white square.

Venom - "Manitou" 7"

Very sharp-looking. Cool item to have, though it's my only Venom on vinyl. I wish I could go back in time and buy up all of these classic albums on vinyl when they were still available.

Dio - "Rainbow in the Dark"

Live 2002 version of the song; I probably would have preferred an older one, but it's still good. Not sure about the artwork; seems a little too polished and modern, but oh well.

I'm actually quite shocked that I found everything I wanted. Helped that I got there early and stood in line freezing my ass off.

Old 12-03-19, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Isn’t that second Satriani lp meant for guitarists to play along with? I remember reading that about one of the rsd releases, at least.
Old 12-04-19, 02:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Tom Banjo View Post
Isnít that second Satriani lp meant for guitarists to play along with? I remember reading that about one of the rsd releases, at least.
Yes, I think so.

And, unless you're one of the few guitarists on Satch's level, it's a waste. But, like I said, I don't think it raised the price of the LP set (I paid something in the $25 range for it) so it's no harm, no foul.
Old 12-04-19, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

got my Benmont and Bruce 45's and grabbed the Doors as well.