Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

NIN Discussion Thread [part one]

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

NIN Discussion Thread [part one]

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-05, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TripWire
for the NIN - Downward Spiral DVD dual disc...for those who know about yourmusic.com , they have it for 5.99...pretty damn good price if ya ask me.
Thanks for the headsup! The last time I checked, they just had the regular version of tDS.
Old 03-14-05, 12:10 PM

nope all new...i suggest that you join the site..it's pretty great, all albums are 5.99 free shipping, lots of dvd/cd combos also...basically a sister site to bmg.
They send you a cd automatically from your list once a month, and you can cancel anytime.

Originally Posted by darqleo
That's weird, the rest of the albums are $5.99 as well. Are they used or something?
Old 03-15-05, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Can you order JUST ONE cd from them, and then cancel immediately?
Old 03-16-05, 06:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 220 Likes on 176 Posts
Are you single??

From http://www.nin.com/current/index.html

'The Hand That Feeds' has begun airplay on radio stations worldwide.

The Hand That Feeds single will be released in the UK/Europe on April 18th. It will be available as a 2-track slimline and a limited edition 4-track digipack package. The digipack will only be available for the first two weeks of release. This single will not be released in North America. We will have a limited number of digipacks available to order from nin.com in the coming weeks.

Halo_18: The Hand That Feeds
001_The Hand That Feeds
002_The Hand That Feeds (Straight Mix)
003_The Hand That Feeds (Dub Mix)
004_The Hand That Feeds (Video)

A 9" Vinyl and DVD single will also be available in the UK.

Link to details and picture of digipack.

I heard The Hand That Feeds on the radio yesterday, and wasn't blown away. While I am a huge fan of Nine Inch Nails, I can't say this is the greatest. It is very catchy, and goth night clubs will love it.
I will most certainly buy the album, and make a much more informed decision then. The Fragile took me almost a year to finally get into.

Last edited by mndtrp; 03-16-05 at 06:51 AM.
Old 03-16-05, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mndtrp
From http://www.nin.com/current/index.html

This single will not be released in North America.
So does this mean that America will have a *Different* Halo 18 than Europe has? Or do we not get a Halo 18 at all?

(yes, I'm a geek and have every halo-numbered item, except 0, but that was a bootleg anyway...)

-jason
Old 03-16-05, 10:14 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Originally Posted by fuzzbox
So does this mean that America will have a *Different* Halo 18 than Europe has? Or do we not get a Halo 18 at all?

(yes, I'm a geek and have every halo-numbered item, except 0, but that was a bootleg anyway...)

-jason
I've been reading that the single market here has been pretty well killed off. It sounds like this will truly only be a UK release. I'll probably either pick it up on eBay or nin.com.

I have at least one version of every Halo including the 0 bootleg.
Old 03-16-05, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by fuzzbox

-jason
Doubtful. He's done this before. Actually, most of the singles are imports. Fixed, The Day the World Went Away, We're In This Together.

It's not much of an issue. Media Play and others have these all the time for about $5.
Old 03-17-05, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mndtrp
Doubtful. He's done this before. Actually, most of the singles are imports. Fixed, The Day the World Went Away
Fixed and TDTWWA were definitely made available as US singles. They may be import-only now, but not upon release. I have domestic issues of both of them. You are right about We're in this Together, though.

Are we any closer to a Closure DVD, though?

-jason
Old 03-17-05, 10:22 AM

NIN.com in the current section is updated with a hand that feeds rehersal vid, pretty damn cool.

Link

for those of you who haven't heard the song, this basically has the whole thing in the vid.
Old 03-17-05, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Thanks for the link, Tripwire. Since you seem to be a headsup for all things NIN lately , please be sure to let us know when you come across them limited digipacks [as cheap as possible, please ].
Old 03-18-05, 02:06 PM
wlj
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
man I just downloaded the hand that feeds rehearsal video off NIN.com. It is an awesome song....very different. Somewhere between Pretty Hate Machine and Broken.

wlj
Old 03-18-05, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by AndyCapps
I've been reading that the single market here has been pretty well killed off. It sounds like this will truly only be a UK release. I'll probably either pick it up on eBay or nin.com.

I have at least one version of every Halo including the 0 bootleg.
What was Halo 0? Tracklisting?
Old 03-18-05, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Suck (same song from Broken track 98) and Supernaut (Track 1 of Wax Trax! Black Box)
Old 03-22-05, 05:25 AM

Read this on another forum:

"Although some albums have been issued only on DualDisc in the past, the most anticipated CD to get that treatment will be Bruce Springsteen's next one, "Devils and Dust," coming April 26. In May, the new ones from Bon Jovi and Nine Inch Nails will come out exclusively in the dual style."

Also this;
Well the details on the new Nine Inch Nails release "With Teeth" has been released:

There is both a regular version and a Dualdisc version scheduled for release. The regular version will have a $13.98 list price. The DualDisc be a 18.98 list and the features are as follows:
CD side is the full album in stereo.
The DVD side contains the following features:
Album in hi res DVD-Audio surround sound
Album in Dolby 5.1 surround sound
The Hand That Feeds video
In-studio performance videos of 'the collector', 'love is not enough' and 'every day is exactly the same'
photo gallery
lyrics
(this content is subject to change, but that's the word)

I really really hope we also get a SACD the same day! Come on Trent, please!

Last edited by Kant; 03-22-05 at 05:44 AM.
Old 03-22-05, 03:59 PM

That video was awesome. I wish I had gotten tickets for this first leg of the tour
Old 03-22-05, 11:19 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,181 Likes on 834 Posts
I'm still hoping NIN does a real Canadian tour (Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver aren't the only cities in Canada, as far as I know...)

I've got all the Halos, too, but I never bothered with bootlegs, unofficial live cds, etc. That stuff never interested me. I DO have the WITT radio promo CD, though. goodtimes. I still need to order Things Falling Apart on vinyl before it goes out of print.
Old 03-22-05, 11:20 PM

just listened to the single, and coming from someone who was never a huge nin fan, I really like it and look forward to hearing the rest soon.
Old 03-23-05, 01:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

You can pick up The Hand That Feeds from iTunes now.
Old 03-23-05, 10:06 AM

the access portion of nin.com has been updated. check it out: here. as always, worth a read.

on a side note: looks like i'll be picking up both the standard and dualdisc versions of the album. NIN is probably the only artist that would even make me consider doing that.
Old 03-23-05, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Just bought the new single from iTunes. A little to poppish for my tastes. I'm digging the absence of a drum machine though
Old 03-23-05, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I especially liked this part on the website in reference to the "With Teeth" DualDisc:

"If you liked TDS in surround, get ready, we went a step further".

Old 03-23-05, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Anyone going to one of the 'with teeth' listening partys? I'm wondering what they're giving away to those who go to it.
Old 03-23-05, 07:44 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,181 Likes on 834 Posts
they're giving away 7" vinyl singles of The Hand That Feeds (featuring "Home" on the b-side. "Home" is not on the album). Too bad there's no listening parties in Canada...

Apparently the Japanese version of With Teeth is going to have up to three extra tracks: Home, and two remixes. So yeah, I'll be ordering that as well.
Old 03-23-05, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by SomethingMore
they're giving away 7" vinyl singles of The Hand That Feeds (featuring "Home" on the b-side. "Home" is not on the album). Too bad there's no listening parties in Canada...
in addition to the vinyl, its been said those attending will get a limited edition poster. not sure if thats been changed or only at certain locations but there was talk about that at some point.
Old 03-24-05, 10:02 AM

i'll be going to the NY Avalon listening party.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.