Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

NIN Discussion Thread [part one]

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 11-09-04, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Title says it all. Also, the album title "Bleedthru" is apparently no more.

Couldn't find the last thread discussing the album. If someone links I will update that thread and delete this one.

edit: Thread title is incorrect; cd "should" drop in March 2005. No exact date set.

Last edited by automator; 11-09-04 at 01:53 PM.
Old 11-09-04, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, shit.

At least the Downward Spiral Deluxe Edition is coming out in two weeks.
Old 11-09-04, 09:32 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Yeah, he's been saying it wouldn't be out until March since 10/18. http://www.nin.com/access/index.html

Hopefully it really is finished this year so next March can happen. The extensive touring is the part I'm excited about.
Old 11-09-04, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

That's weird, I didn't even know it had a concrete release date yet so I don't know how it could ever be considered "delayed".
Old 11-09-04, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

big surprise eh
Old 11-09-04, 01:02 PM
Moderator Emeritus

I'm pretty sure 3/05 just means March 2005. 3/5/05 is a Saturday. Hopefully I'll be able to continue my pattern of 5 years between NIN concerts. '95...'00...and hopefully '05.
Old 11-09-04, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Trent also said that after this album he "will no longer have anything to do with" Nothing Records and his next album will be released through Interscope.

Isn't Nothing his label?
Old 11-09-04, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Rogue588
Trent also said that after this album he "will no longer have anything to do with" Nothing Records and his next album will be released through Interscope.

Isn't Nothing his label?
Not sure. He was involved in a lawsuit with Nothing last year. I can't remember what the circumstances were though.
Old 11-09-04, 02:20 PM

I thought the latest title of his new album was "With Teeth," no? Anyway, can't wait!

http://www.blistering.com/fastpage/f...idx/1/menuid/1
Old 11-09-04, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'll still be first in line.
Old 11-10-04, 03:42 PM

I think he meant with teeth as a way to describe the album since it seems like he is scrapping the whole monophonic album idea.
Old 11-22-04, 08:07 PM

the re-release of downward spiral is tomorrow!
Old 11-22-04, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by entitee
the re-release of downward spiral is tomorrow!
which is avaialable in 2 versions, sadly I must buy both

Hybrid Deluxe SACD edition includes disc 2, the dualdisc however does not.

I don't have an SACD player yet, but I do have 5.1 surround sound home theater system, thus I NEED the dualdisc. And as a big fan, I NEED disc 2.

Track Listings
Disc: 1
1. Mr. Self Destruct
2. Piggy
3. Heresy
4. March Of The Pigs
5. Closer
6. Ruiner
7. The Becoming
8. I Do Not Want This
9. Big Man With A Gun
10. A Warm Place
11. Eraser
12. Reptile
13. The Downward Spiral
14. Hurt
Disc: 2
1. Burn
2. Closer (Precursor)
3. Piggy (Nothing Can Stop Me Now)
4. A Violet Fluid
5. Dead Souls
6. Hurt (Quiet)
7. Closer To God
8. All The Pigs, All Lined Up
9. Memorabilia
10. The Downward Spiral (The Bottom)
11. Ruiner (Demo)
12. Liar (Reptile Demo)
13. Heresy (Demo)
Old 11-22-04, 09:31 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by db27
which is avaialable in 2 versions, sadly I must buy both
Sadly, I'm leaning towards that myself. Maybe I'll buy one and ask for the other for Christmas.
Old 11-23-04, 03:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm buying both also, but then again I buy every version/region of every release anyway.
Old 11-23-04, 08:32 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Surprised that TDS didn't show up in this week's Circuit City ad. I was hoping to pick it up at lunch, but it's listed at full retail on the site. I'm not too keen on spending $30 for this.
Old 11-23-04, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

$20 at Best Buy
Old 11-23-04, 12:57 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Too bad I'm 65 miles from the nearest Best Buy. I went to FYE and CC during lunch. Both only had two copies of the dual disc(CD/DVD) version. FYE had it for $19.99 and CC had it for $14.99. I want the one with the two discs.
Old 11-23-04, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I couldn't find the SACD release anywhere today, only the dual disc. I even checked BestBuy's website for in store pickup and none of the locations near me have it yet.
Old 11-23-04, 03:14 PM

Originally posted by Obey The D
I couldn't find the SACD release anywhere today, only the dual disc. I even checked BestBuy's website for in store pickup and none of the locations near me have it yet.
Hmm, the one I work at had it in, though we only had 8.

I'm diggin the bonus cd. The remix of closer sounds like a similar version to the one at the beginning credits of the movie Seven which I always thought sounded cool
Old 11-23-04, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by SomeVoices
The remix of closer sounds like a similar version to the one at the beginning credits of the movie Seven which I always thought sounded cool
Actually it's one and the same. The remix is by the band Coil and originally appeared on the CLOSER TO GOD CD single (and does appear in the opening credits of SE7EN) :

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...050241-9616004

From what I see, the bonus CD is just a "best of" of the CD singles/B-Sides/Soundtrack contributions that were released in and around The Downward Spiral-era. I have most of them.
Old 11-24-04, 02:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by darqleo
Actually it's one and the same. The remix is by the band Coil and originally appeared on the CLOSER TO GOD CD single (and does appear in the opening credits of SE7EN) :

From what I see, the bonus CD is just a "best of" of the CD singles/B-Sides/Soundtrack contributions that were released in and around The Downward Spiral-era. I have most of them.

I have them all, but this is also remixed in SACD as well, and these are the best of the best so it's a special bonus.

About finding the discs, I found the opposite to be true in regards to who had what. Every store I went to only got 2 versions of the dual disc (literally, 3 different stores told me the exact same thing) and each got a good 20 or so SACDs. This was surprising to me seeing as how the Dual disc is a DVDA and effectively will play at least the lower resolution surround mix in any dvd player. It also has a nice menu and pictures to look at while it plays.

I bought both versions, and have yet to listen to the DVDA version yet. I think I will tomorrow. I compared the SACD to my previous favorite (Darkside of the Moon) and am very impressed. I can't decide which I like more, but since NIN had a much larger influence on my young life I'd lean that way.

Anyway, I can only hope the Fragile and future NIN releases get at least a Dual Disc treatment. I'd love to see the rest of Pink Floyds back Catalog and Tool as well.
Old 11-24-04, 08:29 AM
Moderator Emeritus

I was out and about last night, so I made another FYE/CC run. CC still just had the two copies of the dual disc. FYE had one. No 2 disc sets at either. It's kind of silly for me to want the 2 disc so badly, since I already have most of what's on the second disc. I guess I'm just excited that something new is out. I found a good description of where the second disc is pulled from at http://www.9inchnails.com/forums/ind...pic=6961&st=20

burn - on nbk
closer(precursor) - on closer to god
piggy (nothing can stop me now) (halo 10)
a violet fluid (halo 7)
dead souls - the crow
hurt (quiet) - halo 10
closer to god (halo 09)
all the pigs, all lined up (halo 07)
memorabilia (halo 09)
tds (the bottom) (halo 10)
new stuff
ruiner demo
liar demo
heresy demo
Old 11-24-04, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: New Jersey, where the state motto should be Leave No Tree Standing
Originally posted by darqleo

I'm torn about getting this. I don't have a SACD player but may get one someday. And I already have all of the bonus songs on the various singles, remix CDs and soundtracks, except for the demos.

The remix of Closer by Coil got me into Coil and their large body of work. Great stuff, very eclectic. Sadly, their singer and songwriter, Jhonn Balance, passed away last week when, in a drunken haze, he fell from a second story balcony and hit the ground headfirst. I believe he was only about 42 years old or so.
Old 11-24-04, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by RevLiver
The remix of Closer by Coil got me into Coil and their large body of work. Great stuff, very eclectic. Sadly, their singer and songwriter, Jhonn Balance, passed away last week when, in a drunken haze, he fell from a second story balcony and hit the ground headfirst. I believe he was only about 42 years old or so.
Yeah it's definitely my fave NIN remix. That remix and the fact that Clive Barker loves Coil (they even began work on the musical score to HELLRAISER before it was nixed) got me into Coil.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.