Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Sexual Harassment/Assault & Abuse in Hollywood -- Discussion

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Sexual Harassment/Assault & Abuse in Hollywood -- Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-18, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 296 Likes on 227 Posts
re: Sexual Harassment/Assault & Abuse in Hollywood -- Discussion

When are they going to go after Adrien Brody for forcibly kissing presenter Halle Berry when he won his Oscar?

Old 07-10-18, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 471 Likes on 326 Posts

Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum
When are they going to go after Adrien Brody for forcibly kissing presenter Halle Berry when he won his Oscar?
For a Roman Polanski film no less. This shit runs deep!
Old 07-10-18, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,975 Likes on 1,207 Posts

Originally Posted by devilshalo
Same as ScarJo when Mizrahi groped her titty.

Old 07-10-18, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts

https://youtu.be/B4kzceTpmAY

https://youtu.be/eZewHC-iT5E
It’s gonna take at least 15 more years and about a half dozen poorly chosen roles before she speaks up.
Old 07-10-18, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101
And no one is 100% gay or 100% straight, it's a spectrum. A guy could be very gay and would still want to grab a woman's ass
What? It almost sounds like you have real data that supports such an illogical post.
Old 07-10-18, 01:04 PM

Received 4,842 Likes on 3,274 Posts

A second woman has accused French director Luc Besson of sexual assault, according to reports in the French media.

A 49-year-old casting director has claimed she was assaulted by Besson, whose screen credits include Lucy, Nikita and The Fifth Element, and that the French movie mogul also demanded sexual favors from her on set.

The new claims, first published by French investigative website Mediapart and reported by the AFP, follow allegations filed two months again by a young actress who claimed Besson raped her. French police are investigating the rape claim, which Besson's lawyer has publicly denounced as “fantasist accusations.”

The 49-year-old casting director said that she was assaulted by the director "every time I took the lift with him," and that he also demanded sexual favors from her on set. Two other women told Mediapart that Besson "behaved inappropriately" with them, with one actress claiming she had to escape from a casting in his Paris office on her hands and knees.

The director's lawyer Thierry Marembert has already denounced the rape allegation as "fantasist accusations."

In a statement to AFP Tuesday, Besson's office said the director “categorically denies any type of inappropriate or reprehensible behavior,” adding “Mr. Besson is reserving his answers for the investigators so that his innocence can be shown."

Mediapart said that the casting director had written to prosecutors with the fresh allegations. The site also claims that the actress who had made the rape claim has leveled a further allegation against Besson. French prosecutors Tuesday said publicly they had yet to receive the new complaints.

One of the most powerful figures in the French film industry, Besson is known for his high-octane action films, many of which have become international hits. But his most recent feature, the $180 million Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets, was a pricey flop and has put the future of his studio, EuropaCorp, in doubt.

The 27-year-old actress who made the rape claim told police in May she had been in an on-again off-again relationship with Besson and felt pressured into sex to keep her roles in his films.

Besson is by far the most prominent figure in the European film industry to be accused of sexual assault in the wake of the #MeToo movement. Many in the French industry, including the legendary French actress Catherine Deneuve, have publicly criticized the movement as puritanical.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...-women-1125969
Old 07-10-18, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 67 Likes on 44 Posts

This one makes me sad. I really like his movies and he always seemed like a good dude. He always seemed to me like he was uninterested in anything else but his movies. Just there to direct and nothing more. As if he didn't even have a thought in his mind to want to do anything like this.
Old 07-10-18, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 78 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by devilshalo
Same as ScarJo when Mizrahi groped her titty.
Some people were making excuses for because he was 1) gay, "so it's not like he enjoyed it" and 2) a fashion designer, "it's his job."

Bullshit.

Those jack ass host and the audience are just laughing when Halle Berry says that it wasn't planned and that Brody forced himself on her.
Old 07-10-18, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Rob V
What? It almost sounds like you have real data that supports such an illogical post.
You don't know this? Seriously? Educate yourself! It sure as shit isn't my job to fix your ignorance on the subject.
Old 07-10-18, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

You don't know this? Seriously?
Yeah, this is news to me as well. Last I heard was that gender is not binary, but a spectrum.

Educate yourself! It sure as shit isn't my job to fix your ignorance on the subject.
Where and how did you educate yourself? Serious question. I'm not doubting it because it make sense considering history, it's just that I've never heard it as common knowledge that everyone should know.

Last edited by brayzie; 07-10-18 at 05:07 PM.
Old 07-10-18, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by brayzie
Yeah, this is news to me as well. Last I heard was that gender is not binary, but a spectrum.

Where and how did you educate yourself? Serious question. I'm not doubting it because it make sense considering history, it's just that I've never heard it as common knowledge that everyone should know.
Gore Vidal always said "'Homosexual' is an adjective, not a noun."
Old 07-10-18, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Gore Vidal always said "'Homosexual' is an adjective, not a noun."
There's an interesting interview with Alan Moore where he discusses sexuality and says that homosexuality, or the separation of being either straight or gay is a relatively new concept.
I tried googling it right now but can't find it. It was for his comic Providence.

I just though it's interesting that apparently now it's common knowledge that no one is fully gay or fully straight, when it seemed for the longest time that the common wisdom was that people are "born that way", gay or straight.
Old 07-11-18, 01:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by brayzie
There's an interesting interview with Alan Moore where he discusses sexuality and says that homosexuality, or the separation of being either straight or gay is a relatively new concept.
I tried googling it right now but can't find it. It was for his comic Providence.

I just though it's interesting that apparently now it's common knowledge that no one is fully gay or fully straight, when it seemed for the longest time that the common wisdom was that people are "born that way", gay or straight.
We live in an era where social, political and cultural movements thrive by constantly affixing labels to human beings, a creature that, in truth, is not so easily labeled. This is why I distrust and avoid ALL movements.
Old 07-11-18, 06:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

You don't know this? Seriously? Educate yourself! It sure as shit isn't my job to fix your ignorance on the subject.
I can guaran-fucking-te you there is no analytical data that supports your argument. To arbitrarily say "ALL" people fall in this category is nothing but conjecture. So don't pretend to be some authority on a purely hypothetical theory that a philosopher of sexuality put forth to sell books or get youtube hits.
You have a tendency to turn opinions into facts.
Old 07-11-18, 08:58 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,255 Likes on 892 Posts

What a strange tangent...
Anyway, what I THINK Slop is talking about is along the lines of, if not directly, the Kinsey Scale... which doesn't necessarily say that ALL people aren't 100% homosexual or heterosexual, but rather points to the idea that if everyone were to closely examine and really internally ponder the aspects of their sexuality, they might find that they're not all the way to one side or the other. But the scale, as I recall, only points to BEHAVIOR, not other factors. This is a quick illustration of it I found:

Behaviorally, you'll probably find that many (most?) people are "100% hetero" but that doesn't necessarily mean that they are or that not being so is "wrong"; many people repress certain feelings by way of avoiding actions that could be seen as "gay" while others simply don't care. It doesn't have to be major things either; little things like preferences in adult content, "admitting" that, yes, a famous actor is an attractive man, etc. etc. all of those things, big and small, play into the spectrum of sexuality. When you line everything up, a lot of people will still be on the far end of the scale, and that's fine, but many people may find that they're a bit closer to the middle than they may have thought. Going through such an exercise is about understanding yourself better, but also, understanding a bit more about that which you've never experienced.

I'm sure there's a lot more details, studies, etc. to dig up, but.. off-topic!
Old 07-11-18, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

what are we arguing about ? I'm confused again...
Old 07-11-18, 10:06 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

^
NSFW:

Old 07-11-18, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by nando820
what are we arguing about ? I'm confused again...
Apparently all of us are gay - to some extent - whether you know it or not because Kinsey said.
Old 07-11-18, 01:45 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

^ Not really what was said, but you do you.
Old 07-11-18, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Rob V
Apparently all of us are gay - to some extent - whether you know it or not because Kinsey said.
"The lady doth protest too much, methinks"
Old 07-11-18, 02:01 PM
RIP

Received 61 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by VHS?
This one makes me sad. I really like his movies and he always seemed like a good dude. He always seemed to me like he was uninterested in anything else but his movies. Just there to direct and nothing more. As if he didn't even have a thought in his mind to want to do anything like this.
Don't be so sad. An accusation does not make it fact. It could very well be all bullshit.
Old 07-11-18, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by EddieMoney
Don't be so sad. An accusation does not make it fact. It could very well be all bullshit.
Dafuq you been?
Old 07-11-18, 02:19 PM
RIP

Received 61 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
Dafuq you been?
Fuq if I know. Is this a...what day is this?
Old 07-11-18, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by EddieMoney
Fuq if I know. Is this a...what day is this?
Well I do work so if you don’t mind...
Old 07-13-18, 06:01 PM

Over a week after Deadline revealed that Yvette Nicole Brown would be handling Chris Hardwick’s The Walking Dead and Fear The Walking Dead panel moderating duties at Comic-Con, AMC today said the Community actor will be fronting the Season 9 preview special for the zombie apocalypse series and the series’ much watched aftershow.

“Yvette Nicole Brown will step in as an interim guest host of The Walking Dead Season 9 Preview Special on August 5 and Talking Dead when it returns following the premiere of Fear the Walking Dead on August 12, as we work to complete our assessment related to Chris Hardwick,” the cabler said Friday.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.