Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Sexual Harassment/Assault & Abuse in Hollywood -- Discussion

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Sexual Harassment/Assault & Abuse in Hollywood -- Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-18, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 449 Likes on 315 Posts
re: Sexual Harassment/Assault & Abuse in Hollywood -- Discussion

What exactly is there to even "talk" about on Talking Dead? How much the show sucks?
Old 06-15-18, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 274 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101
What exactly is there to even "talk" about on Talking Dead? How much the show sucks?
Pretty much the opposite...they talk about how "great" the show is. They usually try to figure out what characters are thinking, why they did what they did, and speculate what they would do in some made up scenario.
Old 06-15-18, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 735 Likes on 537 Posts

Originally Posted by windom
Pretty much the opposite...they talk about how "great" the show is. They usually try to figure out what characters are thinking, why they did what they did, and speculate what they would do in some made up scenario.
Really, it's a recap show with guests from the show as well as stars that are fans.
Old 06-15-18, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101
Sadly Talking Dead gets better ratings than most cable shows.
Old 06-15-18, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Geez, I don't care about Hardwick one way or the other but a failing wannabe actress ex drops some scathing screed, detailing how she for some reason couldn't just, you know, break up with the guy, and BAM now he's done.

Fucking b.s.

Meanwhile, I'll bet this chick rides these 15 min into some lame entertainment gig.

And as for the girl who "believes women" and thinks he's a piece of trash... big words coming from someone who admits to never having had a single bad interaction with the guy.

These women, who call out celebs because of their own bad decisions, are toxic.
Old 06-15-18, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,368 Likes on 930 Posts

Originally Posted by DthRdrX
Those are the two names that immediately sprung to mind for me as well. Aisha Tyler would probably get the first nod for her prior experience hosting shows.
She is still on Criminal Minds iirc, so how will she have the time?
Old 06-15-18, 06:56 PM
Banned

Location: Conducting miss-aisle drills and listening to their rock n roll
Received 168 Likes on 126 Posts

Yvette Nicole Brown is a big TWD fan and frequent guest on Talking Dead. She is known for having a notebook that she takes notes in while watching TWD and also getting really emotional when characters die on the show. I would think that most TD fans find her annoying.

She was also just a guest on AMC's "Unapologetic" which is basically an after show for "Dietland". Aisha Tyler hosts that show and she's also been on TD, so she could also be a candidate to replace Hardwick, if it even comes to that.
Sounds like a dork.
Old 06-15-18, 08:22 PM

Received 4,608 Likes on 3,124 Posts

AMC is feeling the pressure:
https://deadline.com/2018/06/chris-h...ns-1202411828/

What an opportune time to drop this story. His show is about to come back, he’s supposed to be at ComicCon. Likely he’s going to pull out.
Old 06-15-18, 08:53 PM

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

Wait a sec... the Walking Dead is still on? Like, still making new episodes? And this Talking Dead show, just like, sits there and talks about the Walking Dead show? Weird.

Either way, Hardwick always stuck me as a creep, from his days on the MTV Jenny McCarthy Singled-Out Anti-Vaccination Dating show. The midnight "comedy game show" thing that he hosted was awful.

He has always seemed really fake, and just out to mainly promote himself.
No Loss.
Old 06-15-18, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,674 Likes on 1,043 Posts

Originally Posted by Noonan
If he's that horrible (and I'm not excluding the possibility) how'd he get Lydia to marry him? They seem to be very happy together. And she certainly isn't be told to stay behind; almost every picture I see of him is of both of them.
Abusive men have certainly “gotten” women to marry them. And his silence is deafening. I’ve heard talk of some emails/voicemails for proof. That’s an awful lot for her to make up wholecloth and for him to be silent about.
Old 06-15-18, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Deftones
She is still on Criminal Minds iirc, so how will she have the time?
Tape the episodes beforehand perhaps. I dunno, but The Rock works on like 10 projects at a time so I'm sure she can get in on two lol.
Old 06-15-18, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,667 Likes on 2,635 Posts

Tape the episodes beforehand perhaps. I dunno, but The Rock works on like 10 projects at a time so I'm sure she can get in on two lol.
She quit The Talk on CBS because she’s on Criminal Minds full time. Plus she’s the host of Who’s line is it anyways on The CW.

Doubtful she would have time for this.

If Sony, Embassy Row ans AMC choose to replace Hardwick, it would probably go to someone like Yvette Nicole Brown as mentioned who is a huge TWD geek.

This is kinda messed up. Shitty timing for Hardwick to have a spiteful ex try to ruin his life and career.
Old 06-15-18, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 735 Likes on 537 Posts

Talking Dead is live after the east coast feed, doesn't quite have the same feel as taped. Even though the episodes themselves are months old.
Old 06-15-18, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Tyler is currently hosting "Unapologetic" once a week on AMC which will probably end when Dietland ends. If she can do that, she could do Talking Dead once a week.

Also, Hardwick has responded: https://deadline.com/2018/06/chris-h...ra-1202411897/
Old 06-16-18, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

A couple of years ago my friend & I went to see his stand up show. About 5 minutes into his act he started taking questions from the audience. This was right before he got married & someone asked about his wedding theme. From that point on, all he talked about was his wedding plans. Afterwards, I left a comment on his fbook page complaining about how he talked about his wedding plans in full detail the entire show & how disappointing it was. Next day he sent a message offering a refund for both tickets which I declined because I'm not that much of a dick, but I thought that was pretty cool of him.

Wasn't a total loss though. One of the first questions he took was someone that asked him to do his "Doctor Satan" line from 1,000 Corpses which he gladly did. That was the highlight.

Last edited by JZ1276; 06-16-18 at 12:34 AM.
Old 06-16-18, 03:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 398 Likes on 266 Posts

Man, the waters are getting murky. Chris Hardwick is on the verge of losing his career because someone wrote an article about an unnamed ex boyfriend that was a major asshole. On one hand we have serial rapists like Bill Cosby and Harvey Weinstein who deserve to die in prison. But losing your career because you were allegedlyx2 a prick in a relationship. Eeeesh.
Old 06-16-18, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,193 Likes on 919 Posts

Originally Posted by Hazel Motes
Man, the waters are getting murky. Chris Hardwick is on the verge of losing his career because someone wrote an article about an unnamed ex boyfriend that was a major asshole. On one hand we have serial rapists like Bill Cosby and Harvey Weinstein who deserve to die in prison. But losing your career because you were allegedlyx2 a prick in a relationship. Eeeesh.
Not quite. There's a distinction. She says that she was sexually and mentally abused. Then he killed her career.
Old 06-16-18, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by devilshalo
Talking Dead is live after the east coast feed, doesn't quite have the same feel as taped. Even though the episodes themselves are months old.
That doesn't mean it has to remain a live show.

It's amazing to me that people are arguing someone can't host the show without even realizing what their daily schedule actually is. That's up to them to decide if they want to, or can, do it or not.
Old 06-16-18, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Maybe someone who's been in the audience of Talking Dead can clarify, but I'm guessing they show the TWD episode to the audience as it is airing so they can then discuss it live. They probably don't want to show the episode to an audience any earlier than they have to for fear of spoilers getting out.
Old 06-16-18, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,223 Likes on 2,079 Posts

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
Not quite. There's a distinction. She says that she was sexually and mentally abused. Then he killed her career.
And he denies that he did any of that. So now what?
Old 06-16-18, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,674 Likes on 1,043 Posts

Well, some others are coming out to back her up:

Old 06-16-18, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 820 Likes on 692 Posts

AMC and Comic-Con dropped Hardwick today. His career in image-conscious Hollywood is over.

This is a dark turn in society if mere allegations by one woman, an ex-girlfriend at that, can end a person's career.
Old 06-16-18, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I think enough people have spoken up about him though to make it seem true. Hell, if journalists from his past company are calling him a dirtbag and putting their own careers on the line, then there has to be something there. And she even said she has evidence, now I think it's just a matter of time until that leaks out. That's when it's going to get really ugly.

I've listened to a bunch of Nerdist podcasts and he seemed like a cool guy, so this whole thing is actually pretty shocking to me.
Old 06-16-18, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Maybe someone who's been in the audience of Talking Dead can clarify, but I'm guessing they show the TWD episode to the audience as it is airing so they can then discuss it live. They probably don't want to show the episode to an audience any earlier than they have to for fear of spoilers getting out.
Spoilers get out on the big TWD spoil sites anyway. Don't be too surprised if that "LIVE" audience is AMC employees anyway.
Old 06-16-18, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,026 Likes on 632 Posts

I never thought he was funny, but he did seem to me like a nice guy based on watching some of his shows and listening to a few of his Nerdist podcasts. That said, he also seemed like a really driven guy who was obsessed with his career, and it's not hard to imagine that carrying over to his personal life.

I only know of Chloe Dykstra from that cosplay series from a few years ago and she seemed like a sweetheart.

One thing we've learned (or at least had reinforced) from these kinds of stories is that you don't really know someone's personal character from just watching them on television. Even when they are being 'themselves' on talk shows and such, it's all a carefully crafted image being put forth.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.