Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Sexual Harassment/Assault & Abuse in Hollywood -- Discussion

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Sexual Harassment/Assault & Abuse in Hollywood -- Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-17, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 424 Likes on 305 Posts
re: Sexual Harassment/Assault & Abuse in Hollywood -- Discussion

Is a political thread on this topic going to be needed now, Al Franken can now be added to this thread.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...t-consent.html
Old 11-16-17, 11:05 AM

Received 4,581 Likes on 3,101 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
Is a political thread on this topic going to be needed now, Al Franken can now be added to this thread.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...t-consent.html
There already is a thread discussing all the sexual harassment in the politics forum.
Old 11-16-17, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,808 Likes on 1,129 Posts

To be fair...Franken's "issue" was Pre-Senate in 2006. He was still a comedian/actor in Hollywood on a USO tour with woman accusing him.

But fair enough.
Old 11-16-17, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 228 Likes on 145 Posts

OMG, next lucky guy up is Sly Stallone:

Sylvester Stallone accused of sexually assaulting 16-year-old girl at Las Vegas hotel in 1980s, police report shows
Old 11-16-17, 02:20 PM
Banned

Location: Conducting miss-aisle drills and listening to their rock n roll
Received 168 Likes on 126 Posts

Shooooooooooooooocking!
Old 11-16-17, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
To be fair...Franken's "issue" was Pre-Senate in 2006. He was still a comedian/actor in Hollywood on a USO tour with woman accusing him.

But fair enough.

Is that photo before or after the alleged groping? Looks like he's not actually touching her in that particular photo.
Old 11-16-17, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by The Valeyard
Is that photo before or after the alleged groping? Looks like he's not actually touching her in that particular photo.
I think that's all there is ... and it sounds like she isn't even arguing that he GROPED her, I just heard her describe the photo this way : "his hands were as if they were groping her breasts"
Old 11-16-17, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,808 Likes on 1,129 Posts

Originally Posted by joeblow69
I think that's all there is ... and it sounds like she isn't even arguing that he GROPED her, I just heard her describe the photo this way : "his hands were as if they were groping her breasts"
Correct, I never heard her say he actually touched her boobs in that photo. She described it as him acting as if...
EDIT: I just saw a Yahoo story where they're saying she DID say he touched them. But That's not what i heard.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 11-16-17 at 04:39 PM.
Old 11-16-17, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Correct, I never heard her say he actually touched her boobs in that photo. She described it as him acting as if...
EDIT: I just saw a Yahoo story where they're saying she DID say he touched them. But That's not what i heard.
Yeah, it's pretty bad reporting on this part of the story. I would THINK that if they were claiming he groped her breasts that would have been a bigger part of the story? but I dunno
Old 11-16-17, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 347 Likes on 247 Posts

No way!
Old 11-17-17, 12:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 848 Likes on 592 Posts

Apparently the crazy days/nights site is pointing out that they had the Sly Stallone Blind Item a couple years ago - and it looks right on the money with what came out today.

However, if there's no actual police report of the incident (still not determined) - how do we know someone isn't using this BI rumour to fit their situation? And how can we know others aren't looking to do the same with other BI's/rumours?
Old 11-17-17, 01:10 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

Oh for Christ’s sake....31 years ago?

Now this is getting ridiculous.

I’m now waiting for someone to accuse Charlton Heston of assault on the set of Ben Hur.

There has to be a statute of limitations where any of these accusations are even worth mentioning.

Last edited by DJariya; 11-17-17 at 01:18 AM.
Old 11-17-17, 01:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 186 Likes on 129 Posts

Yeah, stop reporting sexual assaults ya frigging goofballs!
Old 11-17-17, 01:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 215 Likes on 190 Posts

Apparently there have been several complaints about Jeffrey Tambor's behavior on the set of "Transparent", and an internal investigation was launched. The producers and writers are looking into wrting Tambor out of further seasons.

http://tvline.com/2017/11/16/transpa...trace-lysette/
Old 11-17-17, 07:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya

I’m now waiting for someone to accuse Charlton Heston of assault on the set of Ben Hur.

There has to be a statute of limitations where any of these accusations are even worth mentioning.
There is no statute of limitations (in the court of public opinion anyway) on pulling a train on a 16 year old.
Old 11-17-17, 07:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

I am not a women, but I think women finally feel free to talk about this now without the fear of having it turned around on them. Harvey Weinstein sort of opened up the can of worms of certain men's behavior for the longest time, and now the floodgates are open.

Just think of someone coming out in 1999 accusing Weinstein (When Miramax was winning Academy Awards every year) or any big time actor of sexual harassment, sexual assault, etc? Usually they would get it turned around where they would go through the women's sexual history and frame it that she was either asking for it or she had an axe to grind because she didn't land some role. Right now any women who speaks out is getting the benefit of the doubt (I hope the pendulum doesn't swing too much because everyone has a right to innocent until proven guilty).

I still think it's a generational thing (mostly) as being 45 years old, I just don't see this type of behavior in my workplace among my colleagues (in terms of just pure Mad Men sexist behavior towards women in the workplace). But I still do see it from older men (clients and some employees) because they grew up in this atmosphere and it's very creepy when I see them talk to women in that way. I still remember when I first started working in the 80's, and it was ALOT different then it is now between men and women and men would say a lot of things off the cuff to them. Our generation grew up in the PC era (this is the one time I think Politcal Correctness actually helped) and you just don't see this type of behavior as much towards women anymore.
Old 11-17-17, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by The Valeyard
Exactly. You can see he is playing it for a joke and no groping took place there.

Just checking her Wiki page i see she considers herself a Conservative, voted for George W. twice and she works for Fox. Uh-huh.
Old 11-17-17, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by joeblow69
It says in the article, and i quote "I couldn’t believe it. He groped me, without my consent, while I was asleep. I felt violated all over again. Embarrassed. Belittled. Humiliated. How dare anyone grab my breasts like this and think it’s funny? I told my husband everything that happened and showed him the picture."

She just wants to jump on this bandwagon. This is one case i don't believe for a second.
Old 11-17-17, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by james2025a
Exactly. You can see he is playing it for a joke and no groping took place there.

Just checking her Wiki page i see she considers herself a Conservative, voted for George W. twice and she works for Fox. Uh-huh.
I think if you read my post right before yours, your statement pretty much sums up why women are hesitant to come out about stuff like this. Your reasoning for not believing her is essentially that she is a Republican? Franken ran for Election in 2008 and 2014, and she did not bring this up as it could have sunk him in the polls like Roy Moore in Alabama. She also said yesterday (To Jake Tapper) she accepts his apology and doesn't think he should resign.
Old 11-17-17, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 266 Likes on 194 Posts

WTF is wrong with you??? Some may be not true and bandwagon jumping but come on.
Old 11-17-17, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 230 Likes on 158 Posts

Not to be a complete asshole, but I think the age of consent in NV is 16. Once you go into something like an "unwanted train" or feel threaten/unsafe, then that changes things.
Old 11-17-17, 10:21 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by james2025a
It says in the article, and i quote "I couldn’t believe it. He groped me, without my consent, while I was asleep. I felt violated all over again. Embarrassed. Belittled. Humiliated. How dare anyone grab my breasts like this and think it’s funny? I told my husband everything that happened and showed him the picture."

She just wants to jump on this bandwagon. This is one case i don't believe for a second.
He also forced her to tongue kiss. There’s more to the story.

Also, the photo was distributed amongst all her peers working on the USO show. He’s a creep.
Old 11-17-17, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mabuse
He also forced her to tongue kiss. There’s more to the story.

Also, the photo was distributed amongst all her peers working on the USO show. He’s a creep.
The photographer said the photo is staged and they are fake sleeping. Someone who was there said they were all joking and laughing. And Roger Stone said Franken is going to get his well before the story came out. Something doesn't smell right on this one.
Old 11-17-17, 10:56 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by badlieut
The photographer said the photo is staged and they are fake sleeping. Someone who was there said they were all joking and laughing. And Roger Stone said Franken is going to get his well before the story came out. Something doesn't smell right on this one.
The accuser says she was sleeping. She couldn't have been more clear about it. I'll believe her for now.
Old 11-17-17, 11:01 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,183 Likes on 835 Posts

She also said she forgives him and, in response to his personal letter to her, said, "That's great" non-sarcastically. I'll believe her for now as well.

(it doesn't excuse the shitty thing he did, but she's accepting the apology and, assuming she's the only one he did this to, it seems like that's where this story ends should end.)

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.