Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Last Movie You Watched Thread

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Last Movie You Watched Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-22, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 226 Likes on 190 Posts
Re: Last Movie You Watched Thread

Shattered (2022) — Old fashioned (1980s old anyway) plot and some of the acting was okay (Cameron Monghan and Lilly Krug weren't too bad) though both John Malkovich and Frank Grillo had small parts and, at least on the part of Malkovich, did it for a quick paycheck (a la Mel Gibson in Dangerous), but at least it looked like he was having a good time f'ing around with his line deliveries).

However this is a very predictable movie from almost the start and has a pretty poor finale. It's watchable enough and the sex scenes might excite some but this is a one-time viewing. **¼/*****
Old 02-23-22, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 828 Likes on 673 Posts

Starz

With Winston Duke from Black Panther and Benedict Wong and a guy who looked like Joe Burrow.

It was ok though kind of slow
Old 02-24-22, 05:51 PM
TOTY Winner 2018 and Inane Thread Master

Received 1,043 Likes on 873 Posts

I Want You Back (Amazon Prime)…very predictable, but delightful rom-com with enough differences to remain in a higher class of this genre. Day and Slate had great chemistry. Just a fun, slightly different rom-com.
Old 02-24-22, 05:52 PM
TOTY Winner 2018 and Inane Thread Master

Received 1,043 Likes on 873 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca

It is not a action movie and don't be fooled by the poster

I remember when this was a early premiere on HDNET before it became Axis in 2012.

Dafoe was great as usual and more of a drama.

Sucks the Tazmanian Tiger is extinct.
i liked this one a lot when I saw it way back.
The following users liked this post:
JeffTheAlpaca (02-25-22)
Old 02-25-22, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I liked it too but the second time I forgot about the family he spent time with and thought he was alone for most of the movlie
Old 02-25-22, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

House of Gucci (2021) — Has its moments and is well shot but had a hard to time really getting in to this, though guess I enjoyed the chaos and backstabbing within the family. On the other hand, found the Italian accents to be laughable at times and Jared Leto was just ridiculous under that makeup (in conjunction with his accent). Not terrible and at least watchable, though could've been a tad shorter. **¾/*****
Old 02-26-22, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,582 Likes on 1,002 Posts

Tombstone. I liked it. Mrs Danger's response was, "It had good actors."
The following users liked this post:
JANK (02-26-22)
Old 02-26-22, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

Old 02-26-22, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,976 Likes on 2,829 Posts

The Godfather 50th anniversary screening in AMC Dolby today
Old 02-27-22, 02:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 73 Likes on 50 Posts

Over the last week we watched:
Texas Chainsaw Massacre: Its cool to see leatherfaces....face but beyond that its just another sequels in the long line of sequels. And For being a movie about a chainsaw massacre it sure takes along time for a chainsaw to appear

Blackhat - Not Manns best film but its a decent Tech caper movie that seems to have been largely forgotten, Hemsworth did a good job.

The Bronze - It's awesome to see Rauch play so against her Big Bang character and swear and play such a....not stand up person. Its super funny and I enjoyed the hell out of this. It's cool to see Sebastian Stan in a non Marvel flick too

Sky Captain And The World Of Tomorrow - I hate when movies use too many digital effects and this is nothing but a digital cartoon. What makes it interesting is its like a sci-fi noir movie. Its okay for what it is

The Hunter - My favorite Steve Mcqueen movie, its fun and not his usual tough guy roll.

The Laundromat - this has a great cast who work with a whole lotta nothing. Its very predictable and meta and thats not a good thing.

Red Eye - really decent thriller, Murphey and Mcadams do great and its worth a watch for them.

The One - not all the effects have aged well but Jet Li fighting and kicking butt makes it great fun.

Message From The King - Boseman did good but its just another run of the mill revenge type movie

Moon - This was weird and Rockwell can actually act good when its something serious. I liked it and look forward to seeing it again.

St Vincent - I absolutely loved this movie. Murray plays such a jerk i hated then grew to really like and feel for. Mccarthy could have be recast with anyone else.

The Flintstones - usually live action movies like this dont work, but the care and work that went into this to make it look like the show is really impressive, its cheesy and campy yes but its great fun and the casting is great.

Gretel and Hansel - This was creepy and weird, and quite slow - its just okay

Bloodsport - A true story that was proven to be nothing but fiction, but Jean Claude does a great job in a classic 80s action movie

Seven - I don't hold this in as High regard as most others, and I don't think its finchers best - but its really creepy and entertaining and well made, Pitt and Freeman did great and Spacey was really great in his small roll

Cujo - this movie would be 5 minutes long if he had good owners and got vaccinated

On Chesil Beach - Saoirse Ronan is one of my favorite actresses, this was dark and so depressing for a newly wed movie. She did great but its quite heavy.

Vivarium - weird and kept me watching and wanting to know what happened next. I like Poots in anything she's in and this is no exception - eisenberg did good too. Makes me glad i don't live in a housing development

Red Notice - Predictable and I would have liked it movie if Gal Gadot never appeared in this and it wasn't set up for a sequel.

Last Flag Flying - Has some fun moments but its more serious then i thought it would be, I really liked it. Cranston and Carell worked really well together

A Vigilante - Another wronged person goes after people who wrong others movie - its a shame Wilde didnt pick something orginal

Sonic The Hedgehog - Was oddly decent but I dont picture myself seeing the sequel

Waiting For The Barbarians - Depp and Pattinson did good but this was a slog to get through

Why Him - this was oddly really funny and I thought I would hate it.

The Duchess - I've owned this for 14 years and just not got to seeing it and its a shame. Knightley did fantastic and the others like FInnes and Atwell did really good, I loved this one

Semi Pro - this was Godaweful

Serena - Its amazing how one jealous spouse can mess up anything and this was both really good and messed up

Akira - I hadn't seen this in ages and I still liked it but I wish they would have adapted the rest of the comic series

Red Dawn - Not as good as the original but Hemsworth carried it well

Observe and Report - Almost as bad as Semi Pro

Tomb Raider - I'm not a fan of Vikander and the first time I watched this I didn't like it. My wife picked it to watch and I actually liked it this time. Its more like the new game series then anything and that really makes it better then the first two.

Old 02-27-22, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,582 Likes on 1,002 Posts

The Maltese Falcon. It's one of my favorite movies. We invited a bunch of friends to watch it here as a movie night in March 2020, but Covid hit.

Yesterday, two years later, I was able to show it to a smaller group. The people who hadn't seen it before agreed that it was a good movie. It was neat because with only five people in the room, the movie-watching dynamic changed from a married couple to an audience.

Last edited by Nick Danger; 02-27-22 at 09:39 AM.
Old 02-27-22, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Netflix streaming

Halle Berry plays a MMA fighter

It had its moments thought it has the new typical ending of most of the sports movies that came out in the 2010s
Spoiler:
She loses in the end

Old 02-27-22, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It was ok though cool seeing all of the old announcers who work on different networks now or passed like Todd Christenson

I know the story and lived through it in 1999

I remember when the 1999 Rams finally beat the 49ers and I fell asleep since I was not feeling well and the game was out of hand and knew the 49ers with Steve Young era of greatness in the 90's was officially over that day.
Old 02-27-22, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I own this

It was a weird weekend with 3 sports related movies dominating my viewing.

Strange to watch this now with all the tension going on in the Ukraine

I wonder what they will do for Creed 3?

Rocky cheated on his wife and he has a kid he does not know who wants to fight Creed
Old 02-27-22, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 319 Likes on 260 Posts

Alligator - 4K UHD. Looks phenomenal for a 40+ year old film. Also watched most of the extras, Shout really did do right by this film, and Adam’s review was spot on.
Old 02-27-22, 11:45 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

been watching old horror movies on Tubi

House 1
Howling III
Howling IV
Troll 1
Old 02-28-22, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Takers - Despite having a good cast with Paul Walker and Hayden Christensen, this really kinda was a dull movie.
Black Or White - Costner did really good in this and it does really well with dealing with race and not being overly preachy. Mackie is good as the lawyer and its nice to see him outside marvel.
Old 02-28-22, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Madman (1981) — Saw this a while back and gave it a second shot with Vinegar Syndrome's 4K release and... my opinion remains the same. The kills are unspectacular and on the whole was pretty dull, as were the cardboard cutout characters. Not sure the timeline when it was filmed, but seems like a clear Friday the 13th clone. **¼/*****
Old 02-28-22, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 851 Likes on 614 Posts

Belfast... sort of the Irish Protestant version of Jojo Rabbit without the imaginary Hitler.
Old 02-28-22, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by MR Round
Takers - Despite having a good cast with Paul Walker and Hayden Christensen, this really kinda was a dull movie.
Black Or White - Costner did really good in this and it does really well with dealing with race and not being overly preachy. Mackie is good as the lawyer and its nice to see him outside marvel.

I would never consider Walker and Hayden great actors
Old 02-28-22, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

A good indie worth checking out

Maybe it should have gotten some Oscar nominations too.
Old 02-28-22, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Amazon Prime

I never watched I Love Lucy and maybe fans of that show might like this movie more than me though maybe some of they might be shocked to see them swear and have sex

JK Simmons stole the show but it was long and the rapid fire Sorkin dialogue gets tiring after a while and the movie was really long.
Old 03-01-22, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Soul Surfer - Didn't expect to like this one, but it ended up being quite good, some of the effects are dodgy despite it not being very old. Its part preachy part typical tragic sports movie but I thought it was well done.
Mean Creek - I hadn't seen this since it first came out it and a very dark movie, but I found myself thinking the bully kinda deserved it the whole time.
The BFG - another digital cartoon spectacle, its got a nice story but it felt like it was really lacking something. It's sweet but forgettable.
Chocolat - Really liked this one, Hated some of the towns folk. Really liked Judi Dench's character. Depp was always a big part of the publicity and I was surprised he was more of a side character then anything
Something Borrowed - Sweet by the book Rom-Com, my wife loved it. I liked it for Hudson and Krasinski
The Last Castle - Redford is one of my favorite actors and I know this isn't really ever considered one of his best, but I think it is.
Old 03-01-22, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Alligator (1980) — Not great but semi-entertaining monster-horror film has its moments and like seeing Robert Forster in the lead. Some of the effects were on the goofy side when it came to the alligator but still for its time I thought it was alright. ***/*****
Old 03-01-22, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Showtime

A indie from Justin Chon the director of Blue Bayou though it was not bad but not as good as Blue Bayou

A uncomfortable borderline rape scene near the end

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.