Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

George A. Romero's DAWN OF THE DEAD -- 4K UHD (Theatrical, Cannes, Argento cuts) coming from Second Sight

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

George A. Romero's DAWN OF THE DEAD -- 4K UHD (Theatrical, Cannes, Argento cuts) coming from Second Sight

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-20, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 827 Likes on 548 Posts
Re: George A. Romero's DAWN OF THE DEAD -- 4K UHD (Theatrical, Cannes, Argento cuts) coming from Second S

I’ll be refreshing their site daily. Don’t wanna miss out on this.
Old 03-28-20, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
Re: George A. Romero's DAWN OF THE DEAD -- 4K UHD (Theatrical, Cannes, Argento cuts) coming from Second S

I was never interested in getting a 4k Player but this might sell the deal.

Noob question; I know 4k players and 4k discs are region free. However, are 4k players region free in playing regular Blu Rays, like region B discs?

The bonus disc is region B and I want to make sure I can play it.
​​​​​
Old 03-28-20, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

Originally Posted by Ringmaster

Noob question; I know 4k players and 4k discs are region free. However, are 4k players region free in playing regular Blu Rays, like region B discs?

​​​​​

Nope. You'd still need a region free BD player for that.
Old 03-28-20, 03:07 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 918 Likes on 775 Posts

Originally Posted by Ringmaster

​​​​​
you could also get the Blu-ray edition with all the cuts and extras...
Old 03-28-20, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

Definitely will be picking this one up...
Old 03-28-20, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 987 Likes on 696 Posts

Originally Posted by OldBoy
Which would still require a region free player.
The following users liked this post:
Why So Blu? (03-29-20)
Old 03-29-20, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

It's gonna be a great release, and it looks to bring over most of the major features but just for the record it's not quite definitive (I'm not complaining BTW, just making notes). Here's what it looks like it's missing
  • Monroeville Mall commercial, Monroeville Mall tour and a bunch of galleries from the Ultimate Edition DVD. Also, not sure if the Super 8 mall footage is the same as the on-set home movies
  • Fan of the Dead and Tom Savini's Scream Greats from the Arrow set
  • In Conversation with George Romero at MIFF from the AU BD
  • Basically all of the stuff from the Italian Zombi 4K set
Also I'm not sure which cut of Document of the Dead is The New Cut, the 1989 video version or the 2012 Definitive version, or maybe another new version?
Old 03-29-20, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

Originally Posted by OldBoy

It's from Second Sight. The Blu-ray edition will also be Region B. This is still a foreign release.
Old 03-29-20, 10:00 AM

Oh, and the new commentary is by Travis Crawford, who is that?
Old 05-22-20, 12:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Old 05-22-20, 06:04 AM

Hmmm amazon.co.uk isn’t shipping to the US. Hopefully Diabolik gets this otherwise I’ll be paying three times the price on eBay.
Old 05-22-20, 06:49 AM

Diabolikposted this on their facebook page yesterday
Is there really a need to ask if we are going to carry Dawn of the Dead? We are already working on trying to coordinate a preorder, but it will likely be a few weeks before it is all sorted.
Old 05-22-20, 07:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 217 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by Toddarino
Hmmm amazon.co.uk isn’t shipping to the US. Hopefully Diabolik gets this otherwise I’ll be paying three times the price on eBay.
Amazon says it is shipping to the US, but the shipping starts at about 10 pounds.
Old 05-22-20, 07:39 AM

Sucks on cost, but that’s good news. I’ll probably bite the bullet and get it on amazon. I can’t risk waiting a few weeks. This thing is gonna sell out for sure.
Old 05-22-20, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 217 Likes on 192 Posts

Sucks on cost, but that’s good news. I’ll probably bite the bullet and get it on amazon. I can’t risk waiting a few weeks. This thing is gonna sell out for sure.
I did sort of a temp order to get a bead on shipping. It seems like 10 pounds for one item, 15 for two, but three didn't cost much more than two.
Old 05-22-20, 11:33 AM

can someone link me the Amazon.uk listing for the blu please? thanks in advance.
Old 05-22-20, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts

? Did they stop again? Because just yesterday I got the dispatch notice for an order I placed about ten days earlier.

I'm looking forward to this set, but dreading the cost of it + shipping.
Old 05-22-20, 12:09 PM

Where is this Amazon.uk listing?
Old 05-22-20, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Paul_SD
? Did they stop again? Because just yesterday I got the dispatch notice for an order I placed about ten days earlier.

I'm looking forward to this set, but dreading the cost of it + shipping.
nope that was my fault. I tried to place an order a while back when they weren’t. When the news of this preorder dropped I saw everyone bitching on Twitter. I shouldn’t have assumed and checked for myself.
Old 05-22-20, 03:29 PM

is it not listed yet? is that it?
Old 05-22-20, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts

Pre-order direct from http://secondsightfilms.co.uk (UK shipping only) Tuesday May 26th Midday. Will also be available from all other online retailers shortly after

Should be up for PO on Amazon by Thursday- or next weekend at the latest by that tweet.
Old 05-22-20, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

I'm going to wait and hope to get in on a pre-order when DiabolikDVD has theirs up.

I don't mind paying a little more to purchase from them due to how well they pack their items.
Old 05-22-20, 06:53 PM

I’ve never had a problem with damaged sets from Amazon. Hell, even Flight of the Navigator from UK, didn’t have padding just sealed in a plastic envelope. No dents or bruises. And I’ve gotten many bigger sets...
Old 05-23-20, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

Anything else interesting to order from Second Sight if getting Dawn of the Dead from them?
Old 05-23-20, 10:17 PM

Flight of Navigator is pretty cool...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.