Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Ghostbusters 25th anniversary june 16th

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Ghostbusters 25th anniversary june 16th

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-09, 08:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Ghostbusters 25th anniversary june 16th

Originally Posted by CombatCraig
I thought Akroyd said the videogame was pretty much going to be GB III.
Since then he's confirmed there will be a movie.
Old 03-23-09, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Isny
Since then he's confirmed there will be a movie.
As long as they can get every one back (Ernie Hudson, Rick Moranis and Sigourney, of course).

Given the amount of "ghost hunting" and "monster hunting" stuff on cable these days, there is ample material for more comedy. (Come on, you just know Venkman would be hosting a show like that, right?)
Old 03-23-09, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Production is tentative for the Fall of 2009, so I would expect a double dip along with a GB2 release whenever it comes to theaters.
Old 03-25-09, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I doubt Rick Moranis will be back he is pretty much retired from the entertainment industry now he hasnt appeard on screen since the turn of the century, and his last voice over acting role was brother bear 2 back in 2006.

Originally Posted by aintnosin
As long as they can get every one back (Ernie Hudson, Rick Moranis and Sigourney, of course).

Given the amount of "ghost hunting" and "monster hunting" stuff on cable these days, there is ample material for more comedy. (Come on, you just know Venkman would be hosting a show like that, right?)
Old 03-25-09, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by BluMan
I doubt Rick Moranis will be back he is pretty much retired from the entertainment industry now he hasnt appeard on screen since the turn of the century, and his last voice over acting role was brother bear 2 back in 2006.
Rick Moranis: "They want to pay me how much? Okay."
Old 03-25-09, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

no its not with the money, ive read in interviews his heart really is not that into it anymore, starting around the time his wife passed away(though he did work on live action films for a few years after that)

updated i found the bit from the usa today interview
In an October 2005 interview in USA Today, Moranis talked about getting away from the movie business:

"I pulled out of making movies in about '96 or '97. I'm a single parent (Moranis' wife[1] died in 1991 of liver cancer), and I just found that it was too difficult to manage raising my kids and doing the traveling involved in making movies. So I took a little bit of a break. And the little bit of a break turned into a longer break, and then I found that I really didn't miss it."
He also Declined to come out of retirement to do voice over work on the new ghost busters video game.

Originally Posted by aintnosin
Rick Moranis: "They want to pay me how much? Okay."

Last edited by AmityBoatTours; 03-25-09 at 05:50 PM.
Old 03-25-09, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Another Blu Man?
Old 03-25-09, 06:53 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by mcfly
Another Blu Man?
Yeah, it's pretty obvious Guess who will get hit with a "Suspended. Multiple accounts. Contact Mods" soon?
Old 03-25-09, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

what the heck? i dont have multiple accounts. i just signed on here today. it said the name was open. end of story.
Old 03-25-09, 08:16 PM
Suspended

what the heck? i dont have multiple accounts. i just signed on here today. it said the name was open. end of story.
Oh, Ok.
Old 03-25-09, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i choose the name cause i work as crew on the BlueMan group show in vegas and because blu ray is my prefered format home video format. just thought i was being clever, didnt realize i would have people making acusations at me when i have not given any reason for them.
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Oh, Ok.
Old 03-25-09, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In all fairness, making the Blue Man pun is something multiple people could think of.
Old 03-25-09, 08:29 PM
Suspended

i choose the name cause i work as crew on the BlueMan group show in vegas and because blu ray is my prefered format home video format. just thought i was being clever, didnt realize i would have people making acusations at me when i have not given any reason for them.
There is another member who goes by the name "Blu_Man" who was recently suspended. It will be interesting when he comes back and we have two people with almost identical names.
Old 03-25-09, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Those guy(s) were from the UK. This guy is from "United States Of America".

Clearly different people or an overly-elaborate method of masking one's IP address.
Old 03-25-09, 08:37 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by pinata242
Those guy(s) were from the UK. This guy is from "United States Of America".

Clearly different people or an overly-elaborate method of masking one's IP address.
Actually the recently suspended "Blu_Man" was from America - Portland, Oregon to be exact. There are similarities as well...but we'll see how it plays out. If he is not who he claims to be then welcome. If he is..well.
Old 03-25-09, 08:39 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Mod Note: Let's all cool our jets. It was a misunderstanding.
Old 03-25-09, 08:39 PM
Suspended

that might be the case but that was no reason for someone to say anything about me when i have posted all of 12 comments and have been nothing but polite in all of them. iam sure there are quite a few people who share similar names. i was pleasently surprised when i saw BluMan was actually availble(since like i said i work crew on the show)i really would have thought i would have been taken. anyways iam done with this, next time dont make judgements against someone with out warrant.
have a great night
I'm going to be out in Vegas in the next 2 weeks for a business trip how would I go about getting tickets for the show? What's a good hotel to stay at (I have not been since 2002).
Old 03-25-09, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

thank you sir for your prompt attention to this. and i am moving on
Originally Posted by Suprmallet
Mod Note: Let's all cool our jets. It was a misunderstanding.
Old 03-25-09, 08:57 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Mod Note: Also, if you have an off-topic question such as the one above, go through a private message.
Old 03-25-09, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

To bad that 2 movie set that was mentioned last year at CES was canceled cause it would have been great to have both films at the same time. and if i remember it was going to have a pretty reasonable msrp to
Originally Posted by mdc3000
Yeah, I'm waiting for a price drop or a cheap box set because I've already watched BOTH a couple of times on Movie Pix HD. I had Ghostbusters PVR'd for a while, so I'm not dying to pick these up right away...
Old 03-30-09, 05:24 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

http://protoncharging.com/gb/2009/03...er-re-appears/

Trailer, with glimpses of the new featurette and PiP track.
Old 04-05-09, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

well it looks like he might actually come back after all, Entertainment weekly has a interview with Harold Ramis who said everyone including rick moranis has indicated that they are up for comming back for part 3 after all now.
Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours
no its not with the money, ive read in interviews his heart really is not that into it anymore, starting around the time his wife passed away(though he did work on live action films for a few years after that)

updated i found the bit from the usa today interview
In an October 2005 interview in USA Today, Moranis talked about getting away from the movie business:

He also Declined to come out of retirement to do voice over work on the new ghost busters video game.
Old 04-06-09, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2009/...usters-ii.html

Here's that article. I'm gonna have to suggest that Moranis may have been assumed on the part of the writer, because Ramis' quote doesn't actually mention him. I'm guessing Moranis will be as absent from the movie as he is the game, should the movie get made.
Old 04-06-09, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

well the movie is definately getting made, it was announced here in vegas last week officially at show west along with MIIIB

its funny cause i to had thought(see my posts above) that moranis probably wouldnt be back cause he had previously said he just didnt really miss acting in movies anymore since he retired to raise his kids. and because he passed on the chance to return for the videogame.
while ramis might just be indicating the main guys would be back(since he said they would primarily be in mentor/teacher type roles). this article does seem to indicate EVERYONE is now up for comming back.
Originally Posted by droidguy1119
http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2009/...usters-ii.html

Here's that article. I'm gonna have to suggest that Moranis may have been assumed on the part of the writer, because Ramis' quote doesn't actually mention him. I'm guessing Moranis will be as absent from the movie as he is the game, should the movie get made.
Old 04-06-09, 10:21 AM

This price should be all the information you need to see why the average Joe is not making the upgrade to Blu-ray.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.