Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Blue Underground and Synapse Films to release on Blu-ray

HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Blue Underground and Synapse Films to release on Blu-ray

Old 06-21-14, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Blue Underground and Synapse Films to release on Blu-ray

CURTAINS has been pushed back to July 29th. Synapse gave a sound reason on their FB page.

September 23

http://blue-underground.com/product.php?product=244

Glad to see Soavi finally getting some deluxe treatment stateside.
Old 07-09-14, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I went ahead and ordered these recently. I know that if I didn't, and they sold out, I'd absolutely regret it...

Old 07-09-14, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^ Nice, I'm hoping my copies arrive in time for the weekend. By all accounts, the transfers are terrific, and I'm eager to check them out myself.
Old 07-09-14, 07:52 PM
Cool New Member

POPCORN update from Synapse's facebook

"Synapse Films James, we haven't even announced an official street date on that title yet. POPCORN will be released when it is ready. We still have to perform the 2K transfer because I've been so busy, I haven't been able to make it out west to supervise. The extras, however, are being worked on as we speak. It would be great as a holiday release for us!"
Old 08-01-14, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Sorry for taking longer than expected to get this review of Curtains off the ground, but...! http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/64656/curtains/
Old 08-01-14, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I haven't ordered the Demons releases yet, since I'm maxed out with two upcoming purchases(the Halloween set, and NightBreed set). But with them about to be sold out, it's tempting. But I suspect regular editions will be announced eventually at a lower price, and I'd prefer buying them then.

For the cost of one of the Demons releases, I could pick up Prom Night and Curtains. So it's really tough to decide what to get at the moment, since ideally, all these releases appeal to me and Curtains would be a blind buy, since I've always wanted to see the film. And it's already a bit of an uphill battle to save up for the Halloween and NightBreed releases. But I have some savings tucked away for those. But I can't go into debt over movie purchases, so I have to be very selective at the moment.
Old 08-03-14, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by tommynorcal View Post
POPCORN update from Synapse's facebook

"Synapse Films James, we haven't even announced an official street date on that title yet. POPCORN will be released when it is ready. We still have to perform the 2K transfer because I've been so busy, I haven't been able to make it out west to supervise. The extras, however, are being worked on as we speak. It would be great as a holiday release for us!"
As with all Synapse Films releases, it'll be worth the wait!

Originally Posted by Julie Walker View Post
I haven't ordered the Demons releases yet, since I'm maxed out with two upcoming purchases(the Halloween set, and NightBreed set). But with them about to be sold out, it's tempting. But I suspect regular editions will be announced eventually at a lower price, and I'd prefer buying them then.
Do you know how long Synapse has the rights to the films for? I know a lot of people are waiting for cheaper versions of the films from Synapse, but if they don't hold the rights for a long while, that presents a problem.
Old 08-04-14, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Shockwaves BD from Blue Underground up for pre-order on Amazon.
Old 08-04-14, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by asianxcore View Post
As with all Synapse Films releases, it'll be worth the wait!

Do you know how long Synapse has the rights to the films for? I know a lot of people are waiting for cheaper versions of the films from Synapse, but if they don't hold the rights for a long while, that presents a problem.

No I don't know how long they have the rights, which is a dilemma. I'll see what my financial situation is on payday this week. Since I'd hate to go into credit debt just to order a release.
Old 08-15-14, 09:57 PM
Cool New Member

I figure you are all up to date with this info already, buttttt

"In light of all the discussion, etc. regarding SUSPIRIA and our announcement last year that we were trying to get a 2K scan of original materials, I've decided to give you all a quick update. It's been a long, very hard, road to get where we are today with this project but this picture speaks much louder than any words (from us, or from those who think they know all there is to know about us) right now. More info to come soon enough, but we're ready to knock your socks off in 2015."

*image of 4k scans of Suspiria omitted until I reach 30 posts*

4K SCAN OH HELL YEAH
Old 08-16-14, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

^ Yes, I'm very excited, Suspiria is one of my favorite horror movies, and with Synapse I am confident that it will be a stellar release. It will certainly be worth the wait!
Old 08-16-14, 01:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Flavia the Heretic is not from Blue Underground or Synapse, but I thought most would be interested to know it has gone out of print.
Old 08-16-14, 08:41 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by DaveyJoe View Post
^ Yes, I'm very excited, Suspiria is one of my favorite horror movies, and with Synapse I am confident that it will be a stellar release. It will certainly be worth the wait!
Its legitimately a dream come true. Street Trash, Demons, and Curtains were some of my favorite releases and I feel blown away each time they release another favorite. I cannot freaking wait.
Old 08-16-14, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I actually haven't watched my Demons steel books yet, I skimmed through them to see how good the video quality was, and I was very impressed. I'm saving the actual viewings for the October Horror challenge. I've only seen Demons 2! I have Curtains on the way from Amazon, but I'll also wait until October to watch it.
Old 08-16-14, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The Demons release from Synapse are fantastic. I've said it numerous times before and I'll say it again, they are worth every dollar based upon the work the company put in. Either film has never looked so good and I owned the previous Arrow Blu-ray set from the UK.

With Suspiria's encode now coming from a 4K scan of the original materials, this Blu-ray should look fantastic.

I just wish they'd get to work on Phenomena and Tenebre.
Old 08-16-14, 07:33 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel View Post

I just wish they'd get to work on Phenomena and Tenebre.
Looks to be the case as of right now, fortunately.
Old 08-17-14, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger View Post
Flavia the Heretic is not from Blue Underground or Synapse, but I thought most would be interested to know it has gone out of print.
The DVD's distributed by Synapse. The Blu-ray's by Scorpion. Which one's going OOP?

Last edited by Living Deadpan; 08-17-14 at 10:07 PM.
Old 08-27-14, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Synapse will be releasing Demons and Demons 2 on Blu-ray as non-steelbook editions at all retailers starting November 11th (a year after the original steel book releases) …

… at an SRP of $17.99 each.

Old 08-27-14, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Living Deadpan View Post
The DVD's distributed by Synapse. The Blu-ray's by Scorpion. Which one's going OOP?
The Blu-ray, apparently it didn't sell very much.
Synapse will be releasing Demons and Demons 2 on Blu-ray as non-steelbook editions at all retailers starting November 11th (a year after the original steel book releases)

at an SRP of $17.99 each.

Anyone expecting differently was fooling themselves. I am surprised at the lowered price.
Old 08-27-14, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger View Post
Many of Scorpion Releasing early blu-rays are going out of print due to them changing distributors and not wanting to repress lower selling titles. These include Pom Pom Girls, Flavia the Heretic, Tomboy, and My Tutor which "...will continue to ship until it runs out at my old distributors warehouse"
Old 08-27-14, 05:10 PM
Cool New Member

Synapse will be releasing Demons and Demons 2 on Blu-ray as non-steelbook editions at all retailers starting November 11th (a year after the original steel book releases)

at an SRP of $17.99 each.

No extras, No combo pack, No Italian audio track, standard blu ray case.

Everyone who got the steelbooks win. Everyone who just wanted the movie at a cheaper price wins. Not sure what the problem is here.
Old 08-30-14, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

http://geeknation.com/podcasts/kille...e-underground/

This is about 6 months old but William Lustig talks about upcoming Blue Underground releases such as Enzo Castellari's post apocalyptic trilogy on Blu and a bunch of others. Forward to about the 2:03:00 mark.
Old 08-30-14, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Just got my review copy of Stage Fright. Looking forward to it this weekend.
Old 09-01-14, 01:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Question re Suspiria. Didn't the soundtrack on the anchor bay dvd have a few missing lines? or missing sound effects? Any word if Synapse is willing to fix that?
Old 09-01-14, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Rypro 525 View Post
Question re Suspiria. Didn't the soundtrack on the anchor bay dvd have a few missing lines? or missing sound effects? Any word if Synapse is willing to fix that?
I think the sound mix was off during the scene where Suzy arrives at the academy. You can't hear the one girl leaving say something about the iris due to the thunder being too loud. I would almost guarantee that Synapse will fix it.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.