Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Blade Runner- All 5 cuts in HD!

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Blade Runner- All 5 cuts in HD!

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-07, 04:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Yavin
From the thread in the DVD Talk forum, I thought that it was only the briefcase set (SD/Blu-Ray/HD-DVD) that was affected by the delay. Is this correct? I am assuming the 5-disc Complete Collector's Edition HD-DVD and Blu-Ray will be available as expected tomorrow.
This disclaimer I posted above appears on the Amazon product page of every 'Blade Runner' variant that is to be released tomorrow except for the 2 disk SD Final Cut version and the non-briefcase HD-DVD version (I think.)

I purchased an SD-DVD briefcase as an Xmas gift that shipped (from Amazon) yesterday, so I don't know if they've already fulfilled what they received and are waiting for another shipment before fulfilling remaining orders.

Unfortunately, the version I can actually watch (non briefcase BD) isn't shipping soon yet.

Hopefully, I'll get it by Thursday but I've got plenty other stuff to watch (which is always the case.)
Old 12-17-07, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Suprmallet
I should have my review up later tonight.
If this thing didn't get a "Collector's Series" rating, there is something seriously wrong in the world!
Old 12-17-07, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Had a wonderful package waiting for me when I came home today. . .

Old 12-17-07, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by theWitcher
This disclaimer I posted above appears on the Amazon product page of every 'Blade Runner' variant that is to be released tomorrow except for the 2 disk SD Final Cut version and the non-briefcase HD-DVD version (I think.)
Interesting. I just checked Amazon as well, and the production delay note is present on the Blu-Ray 5-disc's page but not on the HD-DVD 5-disc's page. I wonder if B&M stores already received their shipments on time.
Old 12-17-07, 05:06 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by cartman
If this thing didn't get a "Collector's Series" rating, there is something seriously wrong in the world!
Rest easy, my friend.
Old 12-17-07, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
Now, I can't really offer a reason not to go for the briefcase edition, especially if it means you'll have to eat ramen noodles for few days up to a week. Suck it up for the cause, man. Replicants needs love, too.
Ok, I went for the suitcase. You had me at REPLICANT and LOVE.

Ordered from Amazon, though. I decided to buy at the last moment in case Amazon has a price reduction between now and the rest of the holidays. And I sure as hell was not going to gamble getting it for $6 less on WB's website. Hell no.
Old 12-17-07, 09:22 PM

I know that Warner Bros has received a lot of bad press. Me, I never knew about it and ordered Harry Potter Gift Set, Blu ray, and the Blade Runner 5 disc ultimate.. Well, we got the Harry Potter set at street date, and I got my Blade Runner discs today - 1 day prior to street date.. so to all the people that complain about Warner not shipping on time, or having delays... I have certainly seen no proof of that - and whatever prodcution delays there are - are certainly not affecting their own customers...

Set looks great, but have not had a chance yet to view the movies (I have to look for any great deals out there first)...
Old 12-17-07, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

What is the case made of?
Old 12-17-07, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
Originally Posted by Sessa17
Had a wonderful package waiting for me when I came home today. . .

Is that a screen cap from I'll Spit On Your Grave on the monitor?
Old 12-17-07, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by phephron
I know that Warner Bros has received a lot of bad press. Me, I never knew about it and ordered Harry Potter Gift Set, Blu ray, and the Blade Runner 5 disc ultimate.. Well, we got the Harry Potter set at street date, and I got my Blade Runner discs today - 1 day prior to street date.. so to all the people that complain about Warner not shipping on time, or having delays... I have certainly seen no proof of that - and whatever prodcution delays there are - are certainly not affecting their own customers...

I got my Blade Runner Blu-Rays today, but I'm still waiting on the Clockwork Orange I ordered back in October.
Old 12-17-07, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts
Finally got my ship notice for my Blu-Ray set...should have it tomorrow!
Old 12-17-07, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts
Originally Posted by phephron
Well, this is good news. But I'm waiting a while longer before I order anything from them.
Old 12-18-07, 05:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
See, that's the weird thing. I'm still waiting on 3 titles I pre-ordered in early August, but some people who ordered Kubrick titles later got them while some of us are still waiting. So, I'm not too surprised to hear about new titles shipping promptly.

I want to order this (non-briefcase version) today, but Amazon is out of stock. It looks like Buy.com may be the next best option at $27.95. Is there a better deal for it somewhere?
Old 12-18-07, 08:22 AM
Banned by request

Okay, I stayed up all night writing this. Hope you all enjoy it.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=31740
Old 12-18-07, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Very nice and comprehensive review! Just adds to my anticipation of picking up the HD-DVD later on today!
Old 12-18-07, 08:35 AM
Banned by request

Thanks! Despite the immense amount of content, it wasn't at all a chore to go through it all. God I love this movie.
Old 12-18-07, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Nice review! I am very excited to get home tonight and dive into this set.
Old 12-18-07, 09:20 AM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts
Dangerous Days is truly something. I really can't think of another documentary that goes into that kind of detail and history. Great stuff.
Old 12-18-07, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
Originally Posted by trespoochies
Dangerous Days is truly something. I really can't think of another documentary that goes into that kind of detail and history. Great stuff.
The documentary on the 30th Anniversary DVD of JAWS is pretty darn good - but Blade Runner's is pretty darn good as well.

My Blu-ray briefcase was numbered over 101000 out of 103000...wonder if all the Blu-ray ones are numbered high, or if that means Warners has already shipped everything they have. Of course, that doesn't mean they won't make more UNNUMBERED ones in the future.

Last edited by Shannon Nutt; 12-18-07 at 11:40 AM.
Old 12-18-07, 11:50 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

That gift set looks really nice, but I can't bring myself to spend the extra $44 to get it, especially when I don't really want any of the extras. I'm not as much of a collector anymore, when it comes to DVDs, so the numbered/limited factor isn't as meaningful anymore. I'll definitely have to pick up the 5-disc set today, though. Problem is that I can't decide which version to get - Blu-ray or HD-DVD. Regardless of which version I get though, I can't wait to watch the movie. I'm one of those chumps who's never seen the film. I think I might get Close Encounters, too...since I've only seen half to three-quarters of that.

Any ideas?
Old 12-18-07, 11:53 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
The documentary on the 30th Anniversary DVD of JAWS is pretty darn good - but Blade Runner's is pretty darn good as well.

My Blu-ray briefcase was numbered over 101000 out of 103000...wonder if all the Blu-ray ones are numbered high, or if that means Warners has already shipped everything they have. Of course, that doesn't mean they won't make more UNNUMBERED ones in the future.
The 103,000 has to be a combination of SDVD, HD-DVD, and Blu-ray. I couldn't imagine them printing that many of each. I just wonder what the print runs were of Blu and HD respectively. I went to Target, Borders, CC and BB this morning, and BB was the only store that had any of the versions. They never recieved any Blu versions at all though.
Old 12-18-07, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt

My BD briefcase is 99506.
IMO 103,000 is pretty optimistic, I can't see this selling all that much better than the Kubrick's.
Old 12-18-07, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Got mine in my hands...can't wait to dig in. Will probably watch the Internation theatrical cut first, as that's my most wanted, but am really excited for the Workprint version too. Glorious day.
Old 12-18-07, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Lt Ripley
The 103,000 has to be a combination of SDVD, HD-DVD, and Blu-ray. I couldn't imagine them printing that many of each. I just wonder what the print runs were of Blu and HD respectively. I went to Target, Borders, CC and BB this morning, and BB was the only store that had any of the versions. They never recieved any Blu versions at all though.
You're probably right on that number being a combo, that makes a lot more sense.
Old 12-18-07, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Every store I went to today had a different variety of the Blade Runner sets for sale.

HMV seemed to be the most complete, as they had both the 2-disc and 4-disc SD sets, plus both the Blu-Ray and HD-DVD sets. They also had the briefcase set in both SD, Blu-Ray, and HD-DVD. I found it interesting that all three briefcase sets were priced the same ($79.99 CAD).

Future Shop had only the 2-disc SD and 5-disc HD-DVD set. No Blu-Ray and no briefcase sets.

Best Buy had only the 2-disc SD and 5-disc Blu-Ray and HD-DVD sets. Again, no briefcase sets in sight.

I ended up getting the HD-DVD set at Best Buy, since I have a gift card and a RewardZone certificate. Thanks to a tiny mistake on the cashier's part though, I got it for about $27, so I'm a happy customer!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.