Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

100 Movies. 31 Days. The 17th Annual "October Horror Movie Challenge" (10/1 - 10/31)

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases
Old 09-24-21, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Chad
Print Wikipost

100 Movies. 31 Days. The 17th Annual "October Horror Movie Challenge" (10/1 - 10/31)

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-21, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 116 Likes on 82 Posts
Re: 100 Movies. 31 Days. The 17th Annual "October Horror Movie Challenge" (10/1 - 10/31)

Originally Posted by exharrison
Well, the parser would just be taking the text between the stats tags. Wouldn't need to worry too much about images being caught up in it as they'd just get left out of the output by the parser. But it is all kind of irrelevant since such export functionality doesn't exist and I have not enjoyed writing scrapers for forum threads in the past so I wouldn't want to try that this time
Yes, but some posters list their movies as images, is what I was trying (badly) to say.
Old 09-06-21, 02:36 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Re: 100 Movies. 31 Days. The 17th Annual "October Horror Movie Challenge" (10/1 - 10/31)

Originally Posted by coyoteblue
Thought I'd mention this limited edition box - 'Silver Screams Cinema'. By far the best place to pick it up seems to be fishpond.com (good price and free shipping), but if you want it in time for October, you need to order now more or less. I ordered one today and it's supposed to show up the first or second week or October. As far as I can tell it's all region.
Thanks. I ordered this too. It received a favorable review from Glenn Erickson, and I don't have any of the 7 movies.
Old 09-06-21, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Somewhere Hot Scoville Units: 9,999,999 Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Received 811 Likes on 316 Posts

The list thread is UP.

Old 09-06-21, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think I'll indulge in some Classic Doctor Who horror this year. I'll pull whatever I decide to watch from this list:
  • The Dæmons - Season 8 (1971) - Demons
  • The Pyramids of Mars - Season 13 (1975) - Mummy
  • The Seeds of Doom - Season 13 (1976) - The Thing
  • The Brain of Mobius - Season 13 (1976) - Frankenstein
  • The Talons of Weng-Chiang - Season 14 (1977) - Grand Guignol
  • Image of the Fendhal - Season 15 (1977) - Occult
  • State of Decay - Season 18 (1980) - Vampires
  • The Curse of Fenric - Season 26 (1989) - Vampires
Next year I'll do Nu Who horror eps.
The following users liked this post:
Undeadcow (09-07-21)
Old 09-07-21, 04:15 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 208 Likes on 130 Posts

This might put you guys in the spooky mood

Old 09-07-21, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

And this as well:

Lot's of good horror shorts, but no one ever watches them for the Challenge.
Gobear (09-07-21)
Old 09-07-21, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 164 Likes on 121 Posts

If anyone is interested in stories about B Horror movies, I was talking to my dad earlier today and he told me about an interview with Ray Dennis Steckler from The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living And Became Mixed Up Zombies that is available on YouTube. I watched the first part this afternoon and thought it was quite interesting.
Old 09-07-21, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

Yes, but some posters list their movies as images, is what I was trying (badly) to say.
I would have thought that would have been just in their list and not in their stats section which is what would be getting parsed. I'm clearly just missing a detail of what you're saying which is unsurprising with how busy I've been at work lately. As such, I'm just gonna drop this whole imaginary parser thing
On to enjoying the run-up to the challenge.
Old 09-07-21, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

17 years now. it's a beautiful thing. I still remember year one's challenge.
The following 2 users liked this post by JOE29:
Chad (09-07-21), Gobear (09-07-21)
Old 09-07-21, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

KIM NEWMAN COMMENTARIES
A Horror Documentaries/Film Historians Approved Theme Compendium

• The Amazing Mr Blunden: Kim contributed the liner notes and appears on the audio commentary of the Second Run BluRay.
  • The Amicus Collection: Kim and David Flint provide an audio commentary on The Vault of Amicus – a trailer compilation – for this Severin BluRay box set.
  • Amityville II: The Possession: Kim and Stephen Jones did the audio commentary for this collector’s edition of the second Amityville film.
  • Amityville 3-D: Kim and Stephen Jones did the audio commentary for this collector’s edition of the third Amityville film.
  • The Beast Must Die: Kim and David Flint provide a trailer commentary on the Indicator BluRay.
  • The Bird With the Crystal Plumage: Alan Jones and Kim supplied the commentary track for the Anchor Bay, Region 1 edition of this DVD.
  • Bloodstained Butterfly. Kim and Alan Jones provided the commentary track for the Arrow BluRay release.
  • The Bob Hope Collection: Kim and Stephen Jones contribute commentary tracks on The Cat and the Canary (1939) and The Ghost Breakers (1940) on the ViaVision BluRay box set.
  • The Brute: Kim and Sarah Douglas provide a commentary track on the Indicator BluRay.
  • Candyman: Kim and Stephen Jones provide a commentary track on the Arrow BluRay.
  • Captain Kronos: Vampire Hunter: Kim is interviewed on the Scream Factory BluRay.
  • Carnival of Souls: Kim and Stephen Jones provided the commentary track on the Network region 2 release.
  • Cat in the Brain: Kim is interviewed on the 88 Films BluRay.
  • Cat o’ Nine Tails: Alan Jones and Kim supplied the commentary track for the Arrow BluRay.
  • Conan the Destroyer: The Commentary track of this Sanctuary, Region 2 DVD, features Kim, with Stephen Jones and Sarah Douglas.
  • Countess Dracula: Kim, Stephen Jones and Ingrid Pitt provide the commentary track for this Network, Region 2, edition of the DVD/BluRay.
  • Daleks’ Invasion Earth 2150 AD: Kim, Robert Shearman and Mark Gatiss did an audio commentary for the US BluRay release from Kino Lorber.
  • The Dead Zone: Kim did an audio commentary with Stephen Jones for the UK release of David Cronenberg’s film from Sanctuary Video Entertainment.
  • Death Laid an Egg: Alan Jones and Kim supplied the commentary track for the Nucleus BluRay.
  • Doctor Who and the Daleks: Kim, Robert Shearman and Mark Gatiss did an audio commentary for the US BluRay release from Kino Lorber.
  • The Eurocrypt of Christopher Lee: Kim and Barry Forshaw provide an commentary track for Sherlock Holmes and the Deadly Necklace in the Severin BluRay box set.
  • eXistenZ. Kim did an audio commentary with Ryan Lambe for the 101 Films BluRay.
  • The Face of Fu Manchu: Kim and Stephen Jones provide a commentary track for the Indicator BluRay, included in a Christopher Lee/Fu Manchu box set.
  • The Ghoul (1932): Kim and Stephen Jones contributed a commentary track to the Network DVD/BluRay.
  • Halloween II: Kim did the audio commentary with Stephen Jones for the UK widescreen release of the second Halloween flick.
  • Halloween III: The audio commentary on the third installation of the Halloween series was done by Kim, and Stephen Jones.
  • Hammer Horror: Four Gothic Horror Films (1971-72): Kim and Stephen Jones provide commentary tracks for Countess Dracula, Hands of the Ripper, Twins of Evil and Vampire Circus on the Imprint BluRay set.
  • Hammer Volume Four Faces of Fear: Kim and Stephen Jones contributed a commentary track on The Revenge of Frankenstein on this Indicator BluRay box set.
  • Hammer House of Horror: Kim and Mark Gatiss contribute commentaries on ‘Witching Time’, ‘Rude Awakening’, ‘The House That Bled to Death’, ‘The Two Faces of Evil’ and Kim and Rosalyn Landor contribute a commentary on ‘Guardian of the Abyss’ on the ViaVision Box Set.
  • Hands of the Ripper: Kim, Stephen Jones, and Angharad Rees recorded the commentary track for the Network, Region 2, edition of this DVD/BluRay.
  • Hollywood’s Legends of Horror Collection: Stephen Jones and Kim are on the commentary track for Mark of the Vampire.
  • Horror Express: Stephen Jones and Kim provide the commentary track on the Arrow BluRay.
  • Humanoids From the Deep (1980): Kim and Sean Hogan provide a commentary on the 88 Films BluRay.
  • I Married a Monster From Out of Space: Barry Forshaw and Kim provide a commentary for the Via Vision Entertainment BluRay.
  • Karloff at Columbia: Kim and Stephen Jones provide commentary tracks for The Man They Could Not Hang, The Man With Nine Lives and The Devil Commands on the Eureka BluRay set.
  • The Last Warning (1929): Stephen Jones and Kim supplied a commentary track for the Eureka! BluRay.
  • Lady Frankenstein: Alan Jones and Kim supplied the commentary track for the Nucleus BluRay.
  • Mark of the Vampire: Stephen Jones and Kim recorded the commentary track for the Warners DVD.
  • Masque of the Red Death (1964): Barry Forshaw and Kim Newman recorded a commentary track for the Scream! Factory BluRay (also included in the reissue of The Vincent Price Collection, Vol 1). Sean Hogan and Kim Newman recorded a different commentary track of the StudioCanal BluRay, which also includes Kim conducting an onstage interview with Roger Corman at the BFI Southbank.
  • The Medusa Touch: The commentary track on this Network Region 2 release of this DVD/BluRay was provided by Kim, Stephen Jones, and Jack Gold.
  • Murder By Decree: Kim is interviewed and provided a commentary track with Barry Forshaw on the StudioCanal BluRay.
  • The Naked Jungle: Kim and Barry Forshaw recorded a commentary track for the Via Vision BluRay.
  • The Old Dark House (1932): Stephen Jones and Kim recorded the commentary track for this Network Region 2 edition of this DVD.
  • The Old Dark House (1962): Stephen Jones and Kim recorded the commentary track for the Indicator BluRay release in the William Castle Vol 1 box set.
  • The Possession of Joel Delaney: The commentary on this film was provided by Kim and Stephen Jones.
  • The Red Queen Kills 7 Times. Kim and Alan Jones provided the commentary track for the Arrow BluRay release.
  • The Shout: The DVD booklet and the commentary for this film were completed by Kim and Stephen Jones.
  • Silent Running: Kim and Barry Forshaw contributed a commentary track to the Arrow US BluRay.
  • The Stone Tape: Kim completed a DVD project, the BFI’s release of The Stone Tape, a 1972 BBC-TV ghost story written by Nigel Kneale and directed by Peter Sasdy. He supervised the extras, and created a feature-length interview/commentary with Mr. Kneale for the DVD. The BFI release is OOP but the commentary is included on the 101 Films reissue.
  • The Story of Ricky: Kim and Sean Hogan provide a commentary on the 88 Films BluRay.
  • Suspiria: Kim and Alan Jones contributed a commentary track to the Nouveaux DVD/BluRay.
  • Tenebrae: Kim and Alan Jones contributed a commentary track to the Arrow DVD/BluRay.
  • Truck Stop Women: Kim and Sean Hogan provide a commentary on the 88 Films BluRay.
  • Universal Horror Collection, Volume 4: Kim and Stephen Jones recorded the audio commentary for The Climax (1944) as part of this four-film box set.
  • The Val Lewton Horror Collection: Kim and Stephen Jones recorded the audio commentary for I Walked with a Zombie, as part of this nine-film box set.
  • The Vincent Price Collection, Vol 1: Kim provided an introduction for The Haunted Palace on this Scream! Factory BluRay release, and also contributed a commentary track with Barry Forshaw on Masque of the Red Death.
  • The War of the Worlds (1953): Barry Forshaw and Kim provide a commentary for the Via Vision Entertainment BluRay.
  • Waxworks (1924): Kim is interviewed on the Eureka BluRay
  • What Have You Done to Solange?: Kim and Alan Jones contributed a commentary track to the Arrow BluRay.
  • When Worlds Collide: Barry Forshaw and Kim provide a commentary for the Via Vision Entertainment BluRay.
  • The Woman in Black (1989): Kim, Mark Gatiss and Andy Nyman provide a commentary for the Network BluRay.
Old 09-07-21, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Added the Netflix & Chills, (or here) schedule to post #1 of both threads.

Old 09-08-21, 07:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 123 Likes on 67 Posts

as a wrestling fan, Escape the Undertaker piqued my interest.
https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/...haunted-house/
Old 09-08-21, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Looking forward to this as always, just wish it were a bit earlier so you'd receive orders before Halloween.
Old 09-09-21, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 123 Likes on 67 Posts

A bunch of cult/satanic movies on TCM tommorow night. Set your dvrs.
Old 09-09-21, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 164 Likes on 121 Posts

Thought folks here would appreciate this bit of news. I was just checking my email after getting home from running errands and had an email from Fangoria. There is going to be a special subscriber only cover made for the Halloween Kills issue.
Old 09-09-21, 05:00 PM

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts

Speaking of Halloween Kills, it's going to come out on Peacock the same day it hits theaters! It will also be free to Peacock subscribers.
Darkgod (09-09-21)
Old 09-09-21, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

Participating in the challenge and getting paid for it? Who's in?

Get paid to watch scary movies: Two companies want to pay you $1,300 to watch scary movies (fox5sandiego.com)
Old 09-09-21, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

It's just been announced that Halloween Kills is coming to streaming day and date with the theatrical release on Peacock premium. I would strongly suggest this as our Halloween pick, as it's pretty much going to be an event film for horror fans and I think all of us will be checking it out.

Looks like I'm late to the party for this info, I support the suggestion of including it.
Darth Maher (09-09-21)
Old 09-09-21, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by indiephantom
It's just been announced that Halloween Kills is coming to streaming day and date with the theatrical release on Peacock premium. I would strongly suggest this as our Halloween pick, as it's pretty much going to be an event film for horror fans and I think all of us will be checking it out.

Looks like I'm late to the party for this info, I support the suggestion of including it.
I don't think many people will wait until Halloween to watch that lol
Darth Maher (09-09-21)
Old 09-09-21, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mallratcal
Speaking of Halloween Kills, it's going to come out on Peacock the same day it hits theaters! It will also be free to Peacock subscribers.
Originally Posted by indiephantom

We've got two volunteers that haven't given picks and the Halloween spot is currently unoccupied. Of course it's solely up to the person who gets it. It would be something to have a subset that you also have the option of watching theatrically. And I think there's still a 7 day free Peacock trial.

Originally Posted by jacob_b
I don't think many people will wait until Halloween to watch that lol
You don't have to. Subsets can be watched any day.
Old 09-10-21, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by cwileyy
At that price, I couldn't help but order! However, I realized quickly that I probably should have checked the site reviews and they're not good... has anyone used Fish Pond before?
Edit: Reading more, it could work out! At that price it's worth the risk (for comparison, it's $60 w/o shipping from Imprint's website).
Originally Posted by ororama
Thanks. I ordered this too. It received a favorable review from Glenn Erickson, and I don't have any of the 7 movies.
Good news. My set shipped yesterday and is supposed to arrive between 30th September and 8th October (we'll see).
Old 09-10-21, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 145 Likes on 97 Posts

Good news. My set shipped yesterday and is supposed to arrive between 30th September and 8th October (we'll see).
Mine shipped too.
Old 09-10-21, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Here's the 2021 Subset List in no particular order with the physical media and streaming guide included. The theme/subset hybrid table with all the bells and whistles is coming sooner than later, and same goes for the subset threads. Until that time the current status of the assigned dates can be found on post 7 of the pre-challenge thread.

As always, an eclectic mix with a few classics, modern, under-the-radar, some Hong Kong Category III insanity*, gory, psychotronic, Gothic, obscure, erotic, family-friendly, a 4 and half hour documentary*, avant-garde, cheeseball, some anaglyph 3-D, foreign, an event film and some killer blue jeans. Quite a few have recent first-time Blu-ray and UHD releases and upgrades.

Fun fact: There's five films from 1987, three of them are part 2's, two of them we never covered the original, and two share the same release date!

If I missed something please let me know and I'll update accordingly. Comments welcome.

Theme/subset dates have been finalized!

Road Games (1981) - Indie/Arthouse Crossover - Group Vote / On CE Blu-ray from Scream Factory. The definitive version is the gorgeous LE from Indicator, which is Region B and unfortunately OOP. Standard still available. / Digital rentals available

1. Slither (2006) - Fermentation - SterlingBen / On CE Blu-ray from Scream Factory / On Prime / On Tubi (w/ ads)

2. Silent Madness (1984) - Slasher - clckorang / On Blu-ray from Vinegar Syndrome. Slip sold out. Includes Digital 3-D version and Anaglyph 3-D with included 3-D glasses. / On Tubi (w/ ads)

3. The Severed Arm (1973) - Subterranean - Toddarino / On Blu-ray from Vinegar Syndrome. LE Slipcover still available! / On Plex / On YouTube

4. The Phantom Carriage (1921) – Chrono - MysterioMan007 / On Blu-ray from The Criterion Collection / On The Criterion Channel / On IndieFlix

The Spiral Staircase (1946) – Chrono - MysterioMan007 / On Blu-ray from Kino Lorber / On Classix / On FlixFling

A Bay of Blood (1971) – Chrono - MysterioMan007 / On Blu-ray from Kino Lorber and Arrow Video. Region Free. / On Shudder / On Kanopy

The Frighteners (1996) – Chrono - MysterioMan007 / On Blu-ray from Universal. A UHD has been announced but no release date. / Digital rentals available

5. Witchfinder General (1968) - Elvira - Gobear / On Blu-ray in The Vincent Price Collection from Scream Factory / On Shudder

6. Cutting Class (1989) - School - hbsvb / On Blu-ray from Vinegar Syndrome. Slip version is sold out. / On Showtime / On fuboTV

7. Carrie (1976) - Ladies - rbrown498 / On CE Blu-ray from Scream Factory and a barebones from MGM / On Shudder

8. Slumber Party Massacre II (1987) – Joe Bob – Fist of Doom Jr / On Blu-ray from Scream Factory in a double feature with III, but OOP / On Shudder / On Arrow / On Tubi (w/ ads) / On Pluto TV (w/ ads)

9. Grave Robbers (1989) (Ladrones de tumbas)- Ultimate - Chad / On Blu-ray from Vinegar Syndrome. Slip sold out. / On YouTube

10. Battle Royale (2000) – Asian - jholmes / On UHD and Blu-ray from Arrow Video and Starz/Anchor Bay. The definitive version is the LE UHD set from Arrow Video, which is still available. 2 cuts of the film. / On Kanopy / On Hoopla / On Tubi (w/ads) / On The Roku Channel (w/ ads) / On Vudu (w/ ads) / On Redbox (w/ ads) / On Pluto TV (w/ ads) / Prime via IMDB TV (w/ ads)

11. The Mortuary Collection (2019) - Streaming - tarfrimmer / On Blu-ray from RLJ Entertainment / On Shudder / On DirecTV

12. Hello Mary Lou: Prom Night II (1987) - Unofficial - mallratcal / [Still] No Blu-ray. DVD is OOP. / On Shudder / On Hoopla / On Night Flight Plus / On Prime (via IMDB TV w/ ads) / On Tubi (w/ ads) / On Pluto TV (w/ ads) / On Vudu (w/ ads) / On Crackle (w/ ads) / On Peacock (w/ ads) / On Redbox

13. Curse of the Demon (1957) – Skeptic - WillieMLF / On Blu-ray from Indicator under the title "Night of the Demon". Region Free. 4 cuts of the film. Like Road Games the beautiful LE is the definitive version, but unfortunately is OOP. Standard still available. / On Prime (via Fandor)

14. In Search of Darkness (2019) - Documentaries - Darkgod / On Blu-ray from CreatorVC / On Shudder

15. Cure (1997) - Letterboxd - ororama / On Blu-ray from Eureka! (Masters of Cinema Series). Region Free. Also from Carlotta Films in Region B, but apparently only French subtitles offered. / On The Criterion Channel

16. Tower of Evil (1972) - Video - DaveyJoe / On Blu-ray from Scorpion Releasing. 2019 and 2021 releases are remastered, 2013 release is not. Slip sold out. / On Prime (via Fandor)

17. Fade to Black (1980) - Theaters - alyxstarr / On Blu-ray from Vinegar Syndrome. Slip sold out. / On Shudder

18. Planet Terror (2007) - Zombies - Trevor / On Blu-ray separately or as a Grindhouse double feature with "Death Proof" / On AMC Plus (according to JustWatch, but can't link)

19. The Ninth Gate (1999) – Mystery - shellebelle / On Blu-ray from Lionsgate / On Prime (via IMDB TV w/ ads) / On Tubi (w/ ads) / On Hoopla / On Vudu (w/ ads) / On Plex

20. Daughters of Darkness (1971) - Vampires - Undeadcow / On UHD and Blu-ray from Blue Underground. Slip availability is a crapshoot. / On Arrow / On Tubi (w/ ads) / On Vudu (w/ ads)

Wildling (2018) - Werewolves - Undeadcow / On Blu-ray from IFC Midnight via Scream Factory / On Netflix

21. The Collector (2009) - Hooded - indiephantom / On Blu-ray from Vivendi Visual Entertainment / On Shudder / On Prime / On Hoopla / On Tubi (w/ ads) / On Vudu (w/ ads) / On Pluto TV (w/ ads) / On The Roku Channel (w/ ads) / On Redbox (w/ ads) / On Plex

22. The Empty Man (2020) - Supernatural - TheBigDave / No Blu-ray. You can thank Disney for that, and the botched theatrical release. / On Region 4 Australian DVD from Disney / Buena Vista / On HBO Max / On DirecTV / On HBO

23. Freaky (2020) - Overlook - jacob_b / On Blu-ray from Universal / On HBO Max / On HBO / On DirecTV

24. Triangle (2009) - Euro - Bladz / On Blu-ray from First Look Studios, but OOP. The Region B UK Blu-ray from Icon Home Entertainment is available on Amazon. / On Kanopy / On Tubi (w ads) / On Peacock / On Hoopla / On Vudu (w/ ads) / On Redbox (w/ ads) / On Pluto TV (w/ ads) / On The Roku Channel (w/ ads)

25. Possessor (2020) - One - numbercrunch / On UHD and Blu-ray from Well Go USA. The Blu-ray has both an UNCUT (104 min) and CUT version (103 min) / On Hulu

26. The Gate (1987) - Suburban - T-bone22 / On Blu-ray from Vestron Collector's Series / On Prime (via IMDB TV w/ ads) / On Tubi (w/ ads) / On Vudu (w/ ads) / On Kanopy / On The Roku Channel / On Plex / On Hoopla

27. The Untold Story (1993) – Seasons (Summer) - Shack / On Blu-ray from Unearthed Films / On Shudder / On Tubi (w/ ads) / On Plex (w/ ads)

28. Body Bags (1993) – Anthologies - pacaway / On CE Blu-ray from Scream Factory / On Shudder / On Shout Factory TV / On Shout Factory TV (w/ commentary) / On Tubi (w/ ads) / On Peacock (w/ ads) / On Redbox (w/ ads) / On Pluto TV (w/ ads) / On Vudu (w/ ads)

29. Opera (1987) - Giallo - Voorheeshulk / On Blu-ray from Scorpion Releasing. 3-disc is sold out (27 units available 12/16 @ 4PM PT at RoninFlix). Standard still available. / On Night Flight Plus / On MUBI / On Tubi (w/ ads) / On Vudu (w/ ads)

30. Evil Dead II (1987) - Satanic – Darth Maher / On UHD and Blu-ray from Liongate and Starz/Anchor Bay / On HBO Max / On HBO / On IndieFlix / On DirecTV

31. Halloween Kills (2021) - Halloween - cwileyy / In Theaters Oct 15th / On Peacock Oct 15th (7 day free trial should be available)

Slaxx (2020) - Comedy Crossover - Group Vote / On DVD from RLJ Entertainment / On Shudder / On DirecTV

Spoiler:
*In Search of Darkness will count for 3 entries. So yes, you can watch the first hour and a half, still have it count, and wait until after the challenge to watch the rest. It's understandable some may not wish to invest that much time in one film.

*The Untold Story may not fit under Seasons (Summer). It was put there because the Wikipedia page stated the original "Eight Immortals Restaurant murders" the film was based on took place in Summer. Apologies if it doesn't fit there.

Last edited by Chad; 09-27-21 at 09:18 PM.
The following 12 users liked this post by Chad:
Bladz (09-11-21), Darkgod (09-11-21), DaveyJoe (09-11-21), Fist of Doom Jr (09-11-21), HyperWeather (09-30-21), mallratcal (09-10-21), orlmac (09-11-21), SterlingBen (09-10-21), T-bone22 (09-10-21), tarfrimmer (09-10-21), TheBigDave (09-11-21), Undeadcow (09-13-21) and 7 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 09-10-21, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 461 Likes on 275 Posts

All the talk about letterboxd convinced me to look into it. I use icheckmovies to keep track of what I watch, but I don't like the idea of keeping all my eggs in one basket (and losing all that data if icheckmovies ever closes down). After a little fiddling around, I downloaded my info from icheckmovies and exported it to letterboxd, with just a few movies that didn't match up (fewer than 200 lost). Here's my letterboxd profile: https://letterboxd.com/dimension_x/
Old 09-10-21, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 329 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by Dimension X
All the talk about letterboxd convinced me to look into it. I use icheckmovies to keep track of what I watch, but I don't like the idea of keeping all my eggs in one basket (and losing all that data if icheckmovies ever closes down). After a little fiddling around, I downloaded my info from icheckmovies and exported it to letterboxd, with just a few movies that didn't match up (fewer than 200 lost). Here's my letterboxd profile: https://letterboxd.com/dimension_x/
I was wondering what happened there, when you went from 0 to 10,000 like that.

Also Chad, love the focus on the physical media releases of the subset picks.

Last edited by SterlingBen; 09-10-21 at 11:47 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by SterlingBen:
Chad (09-11-21), Gobear (09-11-21), WillieMLF (09-11-21)

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.