Reload this Page >

Rate My DVD Collection

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Rate My DVD Collection

Old 01-28-10, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Rate My DVD Collection

I could use a grading of my collection! Anyone?
Old 01-28-10, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by toddly6666 View Post
I could use a grading of my collection! Anyone?
Your taste is very peculiar. You have some very interesting movies such as "Black Orpheus", "Blame it on Fidel" or "The Fall" but then there are some I wouldn't want to ever watch such as "Bruno". I didn't know they had real action Asterix films. But i don't know I kinda scared of watching them.
You have some really good animation films and you own the Fleishcer's Superman and Batman TAS which is nice but you also have the Hulk movie and cartoon which are kinda sucky, the TV show was vast superior at least to me. Also where are The Thundercats? You do have SilverHawks

I recommend "Highlander:The Search for Vengeance" I thought it was pretty decent. "Steamboy"which I really liked. And also check out "Cowboy Bebop" the show not the movie.

Last edited by nando820; 01-28-10 at 11:19 AM.
Old 01-28-10, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by nando820 View Post
Your taste is very peculiar. You have some very interesting movies such as "Black Orpheus", "Blame it on Fidel" or "The Fall" but then there are some I wouldn't want to ever watch such as "Bruno". I didn't know they had real action Asterix films. But i don't know I kinda scared of watching them.
You have some really good animation films and you own the Fleishcer's Superman and Batman TAS which is nice but you also have the Hulk movie and cartoon which are kinda sucky, the TV show was vast superior at least to me. Also where are The Thundercats? You do have SilverHawks

I recommend "Highlander:The Search for Vengeance" I thought it was pretty decent. "Steamboy"which I really liked. And also check out "Cowboy Bebop" the show not the movie.

The best Asterix movie is the live-action "Asterix: Mission Cleopatra" movie - it's the perfect adaptation of the book and it's the most re-watchable. The first one was okay, and the third one is just plain awful.

I was never crazy about the Thundercats, but if the complete series ever gets sold for cheap, i'll buy it. Right now, I only see the complete series for sale at around 60 bucks from Amazon UK. Is there a cheaper price somewhere else for the complete series? I don't care if it's NTSC or PAl as long as it's complete and cheap.

I got discouraged from Cowboy Bepop after being bored silly by the movie. So the show is 100 times better than the movie?

And thanks for reminding me to add Steamboy to my collection list because I already own it, but haven't watched the whole movie yet. From what i've seen, it looks pretty good.
Old 01-28-10, 02:35 PM

Thanks!

The best Asterix movie is the live-action "Asterix: Mission Cleopatra" movie - it's the perfect adaptation of the book and it's the most re-watchable. The first one was okay, and the third one is just plain awful.

I was never crazy about the Thundercats, but if the complete series ever gets sold for cheap, i'll buy it. Right now, I only see the complete series for sale at around 60 bucks from Amazon UK. Is there a cheaper price somewhere else for the complete series? I don't care if it's NTSC or PAl as long as it's complete and cheap.

I got discouraged from Cowboy Bepop after being bored silly by the movie. So the show is 100 times better than the movie?

And thanks for reminding me to add Steamboy to my collection list because I already own it, but haven't watched the whole movie yet. From what i've seen, it looks pretty good.
Yes I was also bored silly with the movie but the show flows way better. BTW Full Metal Alchemist is another good one. You can start with the Shambalaya movie which is pretty good.
Regarding Thundercats, do you live in the US? Because not too long ago they had each season for $6 at BigLots. I also saw them for $19.99 at FYE once.
Have you seen all Disney animated films? You seem to be missing some very important ones such as Jungle Book, Aladdin and Lion King
Old 01-29-10, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Regarding Thundercats, do you live in the US? Because not too long ago they had each season for $6 at BigLots. I also saw them for $19.99 at FYE once.
Have you seen all Disney animated films? You seem to be missing some very important ones such as Jungle Book, Aladdin and Lion King
Yeah, I'm in the USA. Can you post a link to any online store that has Thundercats for real cheap?

Concerning Disney flicks, it's strange - I don't know why I forgot to add them to my list too. I do have Aladdin and Lion King!

The only Disney films I don't have, because I don't want them or care for them, are Alice in wonderland, Peter Pan, Jungle Book, The Sword in the Stone, Atlantis and Home on the Range. If they got really cheap, then maybe I would buy them. For the other ones that I'm missing that I want, I'm just going to wait to see if I can find really cheap used DVDs of Fantastia, Snow White, Hunchback of Notre Dame, and The Black Cauldron.

That's how I found most of my Disney DVDs - used and for less than 10 bucks. The only Disney film i've ever bought new was Pinnochio.
Old 01-30-10, 12:27 PM

Yeah, I'm in the USA. Can you post a link to any online store that has Thundercats for real cheap?
Well I haven't seen them for cheap now. But once I see them cheap I will make a post
Old 02-25-10, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've picked up quite a bit the last few weeks. So if anyone wants to rate my collection again go right ahead. The links in my sig.
Old 02-25-10, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Ive got a lot of new stuff in my collection anyone care to rate it?
Old 02-25-10, 02:52 PM

Check mine. Not a lot but quality over quantity.
Old 02-25-10, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by JohnnyDaBull View Post
Check mine. Not a lot but quality over quantity.
I see you like Nickelodian! haha. Which of those Tech9ne dvds is your favorite?
Old 02-25-10, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by tecHouse View Post
I see you like Nickelodian! haha. Which of those Tech9ne dvds is your favorite?
Probably T9x because it has a good story to it. You a tech fan too?
Old 02-26-10, 11:24 PM

Ok, my collection is a quark compared to some here, but it is still growing, growing, growing whilst my pockets are shrinking.
I have a dvdaf.com account, my username is Mudo - I can't post links yet, goddamnit. x] The link is in my signature though.

If you know movies, you can probably guess the pattern which is what actor I was into at the time. :P Other ones are just classics though, I'm not completely unmoralistic.
Also movies such as Rollerball... I bought because it was only $2 and had not seen it, it had a fancy cover, and yeah... It really is not a good movie.

Last edited by Mudo; 02-26-10 at 11:26 PM.
Old 02-27-10, 07:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Also where are The Thundercats?

Old 02-27-10, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by paradicelost View Post
I've picked up quite a bit the last few weeks. So if anyone wants to rate my collection again go right ahead. The links in my sig.
aaww u have Sailor Moon, one of my childhood favorites

I like almost all in your classic section

for your comedy, it doesn't really appeal to me although i own some titles you have.

Overall, i would say 7.8/10

everybody feel free to rate mine also, just see the link in my sig.
Old 02-28-10, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by newginafets View Post

I would own about 60 of the DVDs you own out of your collection. You do have alot more than me, so I give you a B+ for your collection. I based it on personal taste.

Please someone rate mine:
http://pauldholloway.dvdaf.com/

Check out my next to buy folder. Those are the titles I am working on completing.
Old 03-01-10, 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by PHMustang2000 View Post
I would own about 60 of the DVDs you own out of your collection. You do have alot more than me, so I give you a B+ for your collection. I based it on personal taste.

Please someone rate mine:
http://pauldholloway.dvdaf.com/

Check out my next to buy folder. Those are the titles I am working on completing.
Some nice animation/drama films and nice editions too. I can't say I understand your choice in horror, though, so it's hard for me to make any recommendations. Looks like you could use some John Hughes and Don Bluth, maybe..
Old 03-01-10, 03:59 PM

I got the Thundercats! The UK Pal Complete Collection packaging is awesome!
Nice I want to see pictures!
Old 03-01-10, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by newginafets View Post
Really nice collection a lot of Foreign films. I can tell you shop at Big Lots a lot because i have bought the same titles. Good you know how to discern the important films from the batch 8.0!
Old 03-01-10, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by JohnnyDaBull View Post
Probably T9x because it has a good story to it. You a tech fan too?
Yea, love his music. Don't have anything on DVD though.
Old 03-02-10, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Nice I want to see pictures!
You got it!

Old 03-03-10, 08:33 AM

At 1,756 DVD's & Blu-Rays, about 30/50 Tapes. I am still need to add what is in the other room and the 35 Blu-Rays that are on there way. About 20 or so are DVD & Blu-Ray.

Q
Old 03-03-10, 08:56 AM
Cool New Member

recently learned how to add dvd to the list on dvd aficionado... will soon post up my 'collection' if anyone care to take a look...
Old 03-03-10, 11:19 AM

You got it!

]
WOW Im impressed. It is nicer than the NTSC release. Maybe is time for me to invest on a PAL player
Old 03-03-10, 12:17 PM
Cool New Member

allll right all done
here is my list

daysgoby.dvdaf.com/

I haven't been collecting long.. and still somewhat in school and working etc so don't have as much as some of you guys yet and some of the movies are my mother's (ex. my big fat greek wedding..) plus I have movies I bought when I was in high school..
Old 03-03-10, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by doob View Post
allll right all done
here is my list

daysgoby.dvdaf.com/

I haven't been collecting long.. and still somewhat in school and working etc so don't have as much as some of you guys yet and some of the movies are my mother's (ex. my big fat greek wedding..) plus I have movies I bought when I was in high school..
B+ for Quality (most of your films are pretty respectable)
A for Quantity (I'm glad you have 300 DVDs rather than 3000)
B for Variety (classics, Criterion, blockbusters, foreign flicks, but nothing really different from anyone else's collection)
A- for Selectivity (Jodorowsky Box set is your best DVD, and I like your Blu-Ray choices)

B+ for your overall collection!

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.