Rate My DVD Collection

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Rate My DVD Collection

Old 03-03-10, 02:05 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Rate My DVD Collection

Originally Posted by toddly6666 View Post
B+ for Quality (most of your films are pretty respectable)
A for Quantity (I'm glad you have 300 DVDs rather than 3000)
B for Variety (classics, Criterion, blockbusters, foreign flicks, but nothing really different from anyone else's collection)
A- for Selectivity (Jodorowsky Box set is your best DVD, and I like your Blu-Ray choices)

B+ for your overall collection!
thank you!
I do have some hiphop documentaries.. wonder if that's gonna help differentiate. I have bit more Korean films but couldn't find it on the list
Old 03-03-10, 02:23 PM

Sorry I forgot to post the link. I update the site on Sunday's

www littlewife com

There are some dups those are Blu-Ray's or just plan dups I have of DVDs. The URL was my ex-wife URL that I own and being she took my collection (DVDs) I thought it would be nice for all her "FRIENDS" to see my collection (yup a little pisser there, sorry).
Old 03-03-10, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by toddly6666 View Post
A for Quantity (I'm glad you have 300 DVDs rather than 3000)
Apart from the probability that I'll never get around to watching them all, what is wrong with having 3000 DVDs? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?
Old 03-03-10, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by zombeaner View Post
Apart from the probability that I'll never get around to watching them all, what is wrong with having 3000 DVDs? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

I have watched closed to all my disks. The only problem with 3,000 is where to put them. I have a back room (painting and putting places to put more this week) that was so full I had to work on it. I even started to put the case outside in my 30foot shed. Yes they are in books still.
Old 03-03-10, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Mine have turned into disorderly piles. It is one reason I'm seriously considering hacking away at this DVD collection and trading some in for Blu-rays. I average about 5-8 DVDs to 1 Blu ray in trade in value at my local store. Sounds awful, but it cuts down on numbers and is really a blessing in disguise.
Old 03-04-10, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by zombeaner View Post
Mine have turned into disorderly piles. It is one reason I'm seriously considering hacking away at this DVD collection and trading some in for Blu-rays. I average about 5-8 DVDs to 1 Blu ray in trade in value at my local store. Sounds awful, but it cuts down on numbers and is really a blessing in disguise.
This is why I started to put them in "Letter Books" it used to get to the point where I would get a "H" and have to move them all around.
Old 03-04-10, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Having over 3000+ DVDs is a hassle. I don't care what anyone says. At least I'll always have something to watch.
Old 03-04-10, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by LickTheABCs View Post
Having over 3000+ DVDs is a hassle. I don't care what anyone says. At least I'll always have something to watch.
Your right, going to start Band of Brothers this weekend. Just pick it up today.
Old 03-04-10, 11:35 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by drq2 View Post
Your right, going to start Band of Brothers this weekend. Just pick it up today.
I hope you picked that up in Blu Ray, I also have it and it was a great series to watch. Once started watching I couldn't stop.. another great one was Rome series from HBO
Old 03-06-10, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone want to rate mine? I've updated it since my last post, getting rid of some titles and adding a few. It's not a very big collection and I know there are very few "classics" if any at all. I'm working on it though.

Last edited by PopcornBandit; 03-06-10 at 10:53 PM.
Old 01-04-11, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Would anybody care to rate my collection?
Old 01-31-12, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 136 Likes on 94 Posts

Wow, you're 22 and you have a collection exceeding 2500? Collections of this size are always quantity over quality. You've got alot of good TV shows and movies, but also own alot of junk (imo). I'd work on trimming your collection rather than adding to it. Only purchase stuff you genuinely love rather than buying everything that comes out.
Old 01-31-12, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

Anyone care to rate mine? The list isn't 100% for one reason or another, but it's still representative.

http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/coyoteblue
Old 01-31-12, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 177 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by MR Round View Post
Would anybody care to rate my collection?
I like how your question was finally answered over a year later.
Old 01-31-12, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Osiris3657 View Post
Wow, you're 22 and you have a collection exceeding 2500? Collections of this size are always quantity over quality. You've got alot of good TV shows and movies, but also own alot of junk (imo). I'd work on trimming your collection rather than adding to it. Only purchase stuff you genuinely love rather than buying everything that comes out.
what exactly is the number of movies that i should own before it's no longer "quantity over quality"?
Old 01-31-12, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks View Post
what exactly is the number of movies that i should own before it's no longer "quantity over quality"?
Yeah, blanket statements like that are pretty much crap. Just because someone has some Hollywood hits in it, doesn't necessarily make it crap. They may have bought such things because they like them, people have different tastes/different strokes for different folks.

But to answer your question, it's 166.
Old 01-31-12, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks View Post
Originally Posted by Mister Peepers View Post
Yeah, blanket statements like that are pretty much crap. Just because someone has some Hollywood hits in it, doesn't necessarily make it crap. They may have bought such things because they like them, people have different tastes/different strokes for different folks.

But to answer your question, it's 166.

It's my opinion, deal with it
Old 01-31-12, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I don't really feel the need to deal with it. I have my opinion and you have yours and I don't live in a world where I feel the need to always try and convert everyone that thinks differently to my line of thought. That's just my view on things in general.
Old 01-31-12, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers View Post
I don't really feel the need to deal with it. I have my opinion and you have yours and I don't live in a world where I feel the need to always try and convert everyone that thinks differently to my line of thought. That's just my view on things in general.
Let's get this straight...I gave my opinion on someone's collection. You call me out on my opinion because it doesn't agree with yours. Now who's trying to convert who?

Here's another opinion of mine. The horror movies you watched for the horror challenge suck. Accept it and move on
Old 01-31-12, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Osiris3657 View Post
Ive been told I have an odd way of collecting movies I pick an actor that I like and I buy all the movies that they have been in, because if a film has a cast that I like I will enjoy the film. And I fully admit I have some that may not be considered good/great by any means but they are all ones I enjoy watching, which to me makes them worth owning. I doesn't help that I get screener's to review and I work in a movie store/theater so I'm always getting new stuff to watch on top of that. Thank you for the review.
Old 01-31-12, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Not you, just the statement in general. Could you give more insight into what and why you think some titles are junk? You have some decent stuff in your collection but then you have some things that others might call junk, so I might be misinterpreting what you think is junk in his. If you tell him what he should be trimming out, he might find it useful.

That's fine you didn't like some movies I watched 4 months ago. I just find it odd that you own some that you say suck.
Old 01-31-12, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by coyoteblue View Post
Anyone care to rate mine? The list isn't 100% for one reason or another, but it's still representative.

I think your collection is very diverse which is nice to see and I'm jealous of your Mystery Science Theater 3000 collection and it's always nice to see a good Doctor Who collection overall I think you have a great collection
Old 01-31-12, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by coyoteblue View Post

How old are you and how many kids? It seems like you're older and have some kids as it's somewhat similar to mine.

Last edited by The Man with the Golden Doujinshi; 02-01-12 at 12:14 PM.
Old 02-09-12, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Its been awhile since I've put up mine, so here you go.
http://jase991.dvdaf.com/owned
Old 02-11-12, 02:07 PM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Received 215 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by paradicelost View Post
Its been awhile since I've put up mine, so here you go.
http://jase991.dvdaf.com/owned
We seem to have alot of the same SciFi/Fantasy/Horror DVDs, but since those are my favorite genres, we have little else in common. All in all it seems a well rounded collection, but that's coming from someone who doesn't amass many beyond their chosen genres. Maybe others whose tastes are more like yours (or wider in variety than mine) will pipe in with their thoughts? -kd5-

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.