WrestleMania Box Set information!

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

WrestleMania Box Set information!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-05, 03:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hmmm... I'm wondering about the picture quality of this set... It says this set is a "holographic" set... yet i thought holographic DVDs aren't avaliable yet....

anyone know what's up with the "holographic" thing?
Old 10-30-05, 03:16 AM

They're talking about the box itself.
Old 10-30-05, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by dx23
Have you seen their programming lately? Did you see the WCW Invasion angle?
I wouldn't call 5 years ago "lately".
Old 10-30-05, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 244 Likes on 181 Posts
4 years ago but still....
Old 10-30-05, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Kocheese99
Anyways onto some good news. Ventura is one of the commentators with Monsoon. Also, the WWF logo is in full effect. I hope it continues for the most of the other wrestlemania's.
I take it that besides WM1, Ventura's commentary can be heard in the other WM's?

And thank you very much for all of the info that you've posted so far about the set.
Old 10-30-05, 07:40 PM

Thanks for the information on this set, this makes it clear now why the UK version ive ordered from HMV for 124.99 is a 31 Disc Set, rather than a 21 Disc set, as we dont have the nasty flipper discs.

Our boxsets are different too - Volume 1 is Manias 1-5 over 7 DVDs (obviously 4 and 5 are split as there 4 hours long)
Volume 2 is Manias 6-11 over 8 DVDs
Volume 3 is Manias 12-17 over 8 DVDs
Volume 4 is Manias 18-21 over 8 DVDs

So the UK have the best set, it will be larger due to more DVDs in the digipacks, but no annoying loose Mania 21 DVD.

We also have the upper hand on the Undertaker DVD set, as over here it isnt the nasty 3 discs on to of each other, rather a fold out digipack like the Mania 21 set.

I suppose the UK do sometimes get the better deal. It sucks that they are blurred but in the UK we may not have that problem, as i think the WWF situation is sorted here, and not in the USA. So we may not get blurring either!

Also im hoping for printed discs, im sure silvervision who release it will make sure of that.

BTW, you didnt mention the extras, did you not get the photo gallery on the WM21 DVD, or the 4 Limited Edition Senitypes?

We may have to wait a month longer than you guys, but i reckon its gonna be worth the wait - I have every single wwf and wwe DVD ever released, so this for me is the holy grail.
Old 10-30-05, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dadaluholla
Blurred logo = no purchase from me. Fuck this set.
Brilliant. Do you even have a glimmer of comprehension about trademarks and court injunctions?

1) WWE CANNOT release recent material with the WWF logo. They will owe large penalties and possibly face other problems if they do. There appears to be a grandfather clause for much older footage though.

2) Having the logo blurred does not change any of the significant audio or video wrestling history presented on these discs.

There is no alternative or "better" version now avilable (as new). Nor will there be. So you can be proud of your "perfectionist" attitude, but you are only depriving yourself of the wrestling history on these discs. Which is your perogative. But we are not impressed.
Old 10-30-05, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by drmoze
Brilliant. Do you even have a glimmer of comprehension about trademarks and court injunctions?

1) WWE CANNOT release recent material with the WWF logo. They will owe large penalties and possibly face other problems if they do. There appears to be a grandfather clause for much older footage though.

2) Having the logo blurred does not change any of the significant audio or video wrestling history presented on these discs.

There is no alternative or "better" version now avilable (as new). Nor will there be. So you can be proud of your "perfectionist" attitude, but you are only depriving yourself of the wrestling history on these discs. Which is your perogative. But we are not impressed.
Agree 100% and couldnt of said it better myself. Cant wait for release as well
Old 10-30-05, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
alright idiot question, do they acutally say "wwf" in any of hte events, or is the "f" muted?
Old 10-30-05, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by drmoze

Oooooooooohhhhhh. Ok. Thanks for the info. I didn't know.
Old 10-30-05, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

From what I understand, the scratch logo must be blurred because the 1994 agreement between the WWF and the World Wildlife Fund only covered the use of the old block logo. It may have been possible for Vince to go on using the WWF name so long as he went back to the block logo (although the dispute was about more than the logo), but as was pointed out earlier in this thread, that would essentially be an admission of wrongdoing and humility is not one of McMahon's more salient qualities.
Old 10-31-05, 12:36 AM

Ok. So WM 15-18 are pretty much a blurry mess. Like someone else said, THIS IS NOT A SURPRISE and I can accept it, besides I have the Legacy BoxSet and some Colisuem WM's as well. I have a question...Piper's Pit and No Holds Barred movie trailer in WM 5? And is Ventura's commentary in WM 1-6 entirely? One last question... Do they use the original WWF Signatures to open each show or do they use the most current WWE Signature only for them all? The Power is Back or the one just before that if it is a more recent signature? Thanks a million for the review.
Old 10-31-05, 01:42 AM

QUESTION FOR EVERYONE!!!
I have my set pre-ordered at DDD. But I was thinking about cancelling my order and re-ordering it when the 20% off sale is active. My question is, is it possible they will completely run out of quantity soon?
Old 10-31-05, 07:42 AM
Cool New Member

Can Ventura be heard on WrestleMania IV-VI, or is it just Gorilla Monsoon?
Old 10-31-05, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by hbkbiggestfan
QUESTION FOR EVERYONE!!!
I have my set pre-ordered at DDD. But I was thinking about cancelling my order and re-ordering it when the 20% off sale is active. My question is, is it possible they will completely run out of quantity soon?

it will be gone probably
Old 10-31-05, 10:09 AM

I doubt it.
Old 10-31-05, 10:11 AM

Whens 20% discount?

November what week
Old 10-31-05, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Scarface83
Whens 20% discount?

November what week
No one knows. No one even knows if they are even doing it again this November - everyone who brings it up is just assuming DDD will do it.
Old 10-31-05, 02:47 PM

What happened to the guy who was reviewing WM Anthology and answering questions for us? He really has not answered many of our questions. But it was still awesome to finally get a review
Old 10-31-05, 02:49 PM

I would like to get more people's opinions on what they think about DDD running out of WM Box Sets. Only one person answered with their opinion. But I think someone might know more on the situation. So is it really possible that they can run out soon???
Old 10-31-05, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I don't think they will run out.
Old 10-31-05, 04:26 PM

Of course I'll buy this but I'm a bit bothered. I wish they would have put everything on the original dvd releases on here. I don't want to have to buy the events again just because of the extras.
Old 10-31-05, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

DDD is bad about not having wrestling events in stock. I've ordered four from there before WM Anthology, and three ended up being backordered. One didn't ship for two months. Starting to get worried that this won't ship on time either - the ship date in my cart says 10/21, but it still hasn't shipped.
Old 10-31-05, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by abrg923
DDD is bad about not having wrestling events in stock. I've ordered four from there before WM Anthology, and three ended up being backordered. One didn't ship for two months. Starting to get worried that this won't ship on time either - the ship date in my cart says 10/21, but it still hasn't shipped.
At DDD my expected ship date is 10/21 as well. But if it is any comfort, I called DDD today and I was told It WILL ship on the release date of 11/1-Tomorrow. I don't think anyone got theirs shipped on the 21st or anytime before it's release date. I have a question for you abrg923 and for anyone else who has ordered WM Anthology from DDD...When did you place your order for the box set? I placed mine I believe on 10/8.

By the way...Happy Halloween everyone!!!

Last edited by hbkbiggestfan; 10-31-05 at 11:00 PM.
Old 10-31-05, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by hbkbiggestfan
At DDD my expected ship date is 10/21 as well. But if it is any comfort, I called DDD today and I was told It WILL ship on the release date of 11/1-Tomorrow. I don't think anyone got theirs shipped on the 21st or anytime before it's release date. I have a question for you abrg923 and for anyone else who has ordered WM Anthology from DDD...When did you place your order for the box set? I placed mine I believe on 10/8.

By the way...Happy Halloween everyone!!!
I placed mine on 10/12/05.

I'm bad about not being able to wait - especially for this - so if I find it at Walmart tonight or Best Buy in the morning I'm just going to buy it and cancel my DDD order.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.