Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-11, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
Oh. I should have read that more carefully. I didn't notice the mention of "ONLINE" in the wording until now. I thought this was in-store as well.

As LASER mentioned, it will probably be a one-time use disposable code, specific to each account. Getting 50% off will truly be luck-of-the-draw. So much for the 8 titles on my wishlist.
I know the coupon information says it's online but that doesn't necessarily indicate there won't be store coupons also. They often issue store coupons separately from the online versions and won't mention it in the online coupon information. However I won't know until later in the week if there will actually be any. It's also possible they might only do it online. Keep your fingers crossed for the store coupons.

Originally Posted by bhauge
Laser, do you need to have a membership in order to receive email coupons from B&N? I'm not a member, but I checked my account and my preferences are set to receive notices and communications. However I don't think I've ever received email coupons.
No, you should not have to have a membership to receive coupon offers from B&N. However I don't know why they seem to refuse to send them to anyone who signs up. I have a membership and they will not send me any email offers. I did call customer service and eventually did receive the emails but they cut me off after about 2 months.
Old 03-29-11, 06:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sure this has been asked before, so forgive me for asking again, but do coupons work with pre-orders? I have my eye on the Walt Simonson THOR Omnibus from Marvel. It comes out at the end of April, and I'd love to be able to order that at 50% off with these new coupons (presuming I get a 50% off coupon). If I order it online on March 31, am I guaranteed to get it at the discounted price that shows up at the time of checkout?
Old 03-29-11, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Shinobi
I'm sure this has been asked before, so forgive me for asking again, but do coupons work with pre-orders? I have my eye on the Walt Simonson THOR Omnibus from Marvel. It comes out at the end of April, and I'd love to be able to order that at 50% off with these new coupons (presuming I get a 50% off coupon). If I order it online on March 31, am I guaranteed to get it at the discounted price that shows up at the time of checkout?
Additional Rules Governing Use of this Coupon: This coupon is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards and online Gift Certificates); (ii) not valid on past purchases; (iii) not eligible for purchases of the following products and services: Barnes & Noble Memberships, Gift Cards, Gift Certificates, shipping or handling expenses, gift-wrapping, textbooks, digital content (including but not limited to digital books, textbooks, magazines, and periodicals), NOOK(TM) and related accessories, other hardware and electronics, software, products available for pre-order, products from the Rosetta Stone Series, or products marked as not eligible for "coupons or promotional discounts;" (iv) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the BN.COM website (e.g., used books, PC and video games, etc.); (v) may not be combined with any other coupon or discount promotion; and (vi) may not be combined with the Educator program discount. This offer is subject to change or discontinuation without notice; we will, however, honor properly placed orders with valid methods of payment with sufficient funds placed prior to such change or discontinuation. BN.COM is not responsible for typographical or pictorial errors. This coupon is not valid at Barnes & Noble College Bookstores. Void where prohibited by law.
You will not be able to use the online code for pre-orders, however, I have had much success using coupons on pre-orders in-store with the ship-to-home option. We just need to wait & see if they release in-store coupons this time.
Old 03-29-11, 10:41 AM

Thanks for the reply. I should have read the fine-print closer!
Old 03-29-11, 08:12 PM

Any updates on this?

I hope we can get the 50% off codes and use them both on the web or in-store.

Does the 50% stack with standard online discounts?
Old 03-29-11, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by georgec
Any updates on this?

I hope we can get the 50% off codes and use them both on the web or in-store.

Does the 50% stack with standard online discounts?
Relax. LASERMOVIES always comes through with the coupons. Just be patient.

And yes, I think if something is already on sale online a coupon code could further lower the price.
Old 03-29-11, 09:58 PM

I'm patient, brosef. Just asking because I may make a return tonight/tomorrow to put the credit back on my Groupon then make my separate purchase with the discount this weekend.
Old 03-30-11, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Found the mystery coupons. Remember these are not valid until tomorrow.

Old 03-30-11, 02:42 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

NICE!!! I was browsing B and N today with my eye on a few.
Old 03-30-11, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Thanks again LASER!
Old 03-30-11, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 443 Likes on 250 Posts

Thanks LASER!!

Now to figure out which ones are the 50% off.
Old 03-30-11, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks LASER. Are we likely to get any coupons that will work online? These all appear to be store-only.
Old 03-30-11, 03:11 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

So can you use these online with the coupon code number, or are these for in-store only purchases?
Old 03-30-11, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This is not confirmed but my guess what the values are for each coupon by the numbers.

Members
106351 15% off
106361 20% off
106371 30% off
106381 50% off

Non-members
501961 10% off
501971 15% off
501981 20% off
501991 30% off
502001 50% off
Old 03-30-11, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thanks LASERMOVIES! Can't wait to hit up Barnes & Nobles and pick up some more Doctor Who on DVD.

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
This is not confirmed but my guess what the values are for each coupon by the numbers.
I could be wrong, but I think 106351 (Member) and 501961 (Non-Member) are going to be the 50% Off Coupons. Last time we had these coupons, the lowest number in the sequence was the 50% Off Coupon, so I imagine they would do it the same this time around.
Old 03-30-11, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by bhauge
Thanks LASER. Are we likely to get any coupons that will work online? These all appear to be store-only.
Originally Posted by bsmith
So can you use these online with the coupon code number, or are these for in-store only purchases?
These are in-store only. B&N will probably release online codes tonight, but they will most likely be unique, account-specific codes which expire after one use. Also, good luck getting one for 50% off!
Old 03-30-11, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by kstublen
I could be wrong, but I think 106351 (Member) and 501961 (Non-Member) are going to be the 50% Off Coupons. Last time we had these coupons, the lowest number in the sequence was the 50% Off Coupon, so I imagine they would do it the same this time around.
If form follows, you are correct: January Codes
Old 03-30-11, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

These are in-store only. B&N will probably release online codes tonight, but they will most likely be unique, account-specific codes which expire after one use. Also, good luck getting one for 50% off!
If it's unlikely that we'll get generic online codes, remind me again if there isn't a way to place an order by calling a B&N store and placing a "ship-to-home" order with the (surprise!) 50% code? Isn't it also true that the item needs to be OOS in order for them to do the "ship-to-home"?
Old 03-30-11, 03:26 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I see. I'm looking for older classic TV titles that might not be in store, but it might be worth a look at least. Do the stores follow the online discounting very often? The few items I'm looking for have some additional discount online that makes them a bit more appealing.
Old 03-30-11, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by bsmith
I see. I'm looking for older classic TV titles that might not be in store, but it might be worth a look at least. Do the stores follow the online discounting very often? The few items I'm looking for have some additional discount online that makes them a bit more appealing.
You can check online to see if the items you want are in-store.

Pricing with Barnes & Noble in-store is hit or miss. Usually the items in-store are are MSRP or have some unadvertised discount, but if you're a Member you do get the 10% Discount regardless. Sometimes they have the same discounts as online, but there's no real way of knowing until you get to the store, unless you call and have them check. Unfortunately, they don't price match their website (which is ridiculous).

If anything, it would probably be better if they don't have the item in store, then you can do a ship-to-home order, probably get the online price, and still use the coupon. I'll defer to kenbenobi on whether that would work, since he really abused (and I mean that in the best way possible) the coupons the last time around.
Old 03-30-11, 03:39 PM

Bad ass, you guys rock
Old 03-30-11, 03:44 PM

Last time Barnes & Noble released printable in-store coupons I was able to stack both the 50% member and non-member coupons on top of the "Buy 2, Get 1 Free" promotion in addition to my 10% membership discount. I believe I scored three Blu-rays for a little over $30 after sales tax.

I wonder how many member and non-member coupons I'll be able to use in store. Let's say there are five movies I want and all of them are in-stock at the store. Do you think the cashier would give me a hard time if I did separate transactions? Two movies at a time? Using one member and one non-member 50% off coupon on top of my membership discount? I guess we need to figure out which member and non-member coupons are the 50% ones before I do anything.

Patience, patience, patience.

Many thanks to LASERMOVIES.
Old 03-30-11, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

You know, I'd feel sort of bad about all of the stacking of coupons and using multiple coupons at Barnes & Noble if they didn't make it so easy to do. They could easily prevent this in their system, but they just don't seem to care. They're probably glad people are shopping there period, lol.
Old 03-30-11, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by kstublen
You know, I'd feel bad about all of the stacking of coupons and using multiple coupons at Barnes & Noble if they didn't make it so easy to do. They could easily prevent this in their system, but they don't seem to care. They're probably just glad people are shopping there, lol.
I agree. Last time I did this I bought my membership at the store since I knew all the discounts would exceed the cost of the membership. At the end of my receipt the cashier pointed to my savings which totaled $25.14. He obviously knew the membership had already paid for itself.

He was so excited for me, lol. I bought three more movies at a different Barnes & Noble later that day.

I don't see the wrong in it. These coupons bring people into the store.
Old 03-30-11, 04:16 PM

Anyone got ideas? I am thinking Walking Dead Omnibus

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.