Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-10, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

I just got an email from one of the cash back sites we are not allowed to name and in it was a coupon code for 25% and free standard delivery valid ONLY on 11/29.

B3X4N4N

It is not active yet so I can't confirm but the coupon details only mentions free shipping, so we'll have to wait and see if it actually gives 25% off.
Old 11-28-10, 06:14 PM

The coupon code P4A4N7P doesn't apply when I go through the links in the op. Whyyyyy????
Old 11-28-10, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by beer me
The coupon code P4A4N7P doesn't apply when I go through the links in the op. Whyyyyy????

Important Update: Online coupon codes no longer stack with any of the bookstore and discount links. Also coupon usage is no longer allowed with the Criterion sale at the B&N.com website.
Old 11-28-10, 06:18 PM

Okay, thanks for the info.

Old 11-28-10, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by beer me
You can use it on the Visa link to get free shipping if your order is under $25 and you don't have a membership.
Old 11-28-10, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts

Is there ANY coupon that can be used to get any type of discount for "Cronos"?
Old 11-29-10, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Daytripper
Is there ANY coupon that can be used to get any type of discount for "Cronos"?
None of the current online coupons will work with pre-orders, but you can get up to 10% off using either the library of AAA links. The library link though is shutting down on November 30.
Old 11-29-10, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Here is a one day 25% coupon for members.

http://cart2.barnesandnoble.com/shop...=&promoid=8923

Online Coupon B4D7H9A Details:

For each valid and current Barnes & Noble Member account, this coupon can be redeemed once per billing address online at BN.COM.

This coupon is valid from November 29, 2010 to November 30, 2010 at 2:59 a.m. Eastern Time.
The additional 25% discount will be applied to the most expensive eligible item in the order - not the entire purchase - and will be deducted after all other eligible discounts, including (if applicable) the standard Member discount, are applied.

Additional Rules Governing Use of this Coupon: This coupon is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards and online Gift Certificates); (ii) not valid on past purchases; (iii) not eligible for purchases of the following products and services: Barnes & Noble Memberships, Gift Cards, Gift Certificates, gift-wrapping, textbooks, video games, digital content (including but not limited to digital books, magazines, and periodicals), NOOK(TM) and related accessories, other hardware and electronics, software, products available for pre-order, products from the Rosetta Stone Series, products available for in-store ship-to-home orders, shipping or handling expenses, or products marked as not eligible for "coupons or promotional discounts;" (iv) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the BN.com website (e.g., used books, PC and video games, etc.); (v) may not be combined with any other coupon; and (vi) may not be combined with the Educator program discount. This coupon is not valid at any Barnes & Noble retail store or Barnes & Noble College retail bookstore. Void where prohibited by law.
Old 11-29-10, 11:03 AM

British TV sale

I heard that B&N has an upcoming British TV sale (50% off). Does anyone have any details regarding this promotion? Specifically, dates.
Old 11-29-10, 11:07 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Used the 30% off code to finally get the "Man From U.N.C.L.E." series. That brought it close to the Amazon Gold Box deals of the past. Now I won't have to wait and monitor for the next time it shows up in a Gold Box deal (and probably miss it again).
Old 11-30-10, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Looks like the library and many other links are gone today. Will have to go through the entire list to see what remains.

Here's a pop up message I got when I tried going through the now discontinued library link. I must have missed the site wide price reductions.

Thank you for visiting Barnes & Noble.com.

Due to our recent site-wide price reductions, the discounts previously available to you only through a dedicated portal are now available to all customers at BN.com. Therefore, this portal has been discontinued. We encourage you to shop BN.com and take advantage of our everyday low prices.
Old 11-30-10, 02:02 PM

AAA site is still up.
Old 11-30-10, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
Looks like the library and many other links are gone today. Will have to go through the entire list to see what remains.

Here's a pop up message I got when I tried going through the now discontinued library link. I must have missed the site wide price reductions.
This bit about site-wide price reductions is pure bull. In addition to DVDs I have been using Barnes and Noble to buy compact discs - mostly film scores and classical. Up until about a month ago I could pre-order CDs at prices that were around 30% off of list - and also use my AAA 10% discount.

No more. They have raised their CD prices this past month so that they are usually only about 10% off list, to which I can add my AAA discount. OK prices, but not any great shakes, and so I now use other vendors to purchase my CDs.

As for DVDs - only something like the Criterion sale or the occasional super sale price will draw me to B&N.
Old 11-30-10, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

As long as the Visa and Boeing links are still there, I'm not gonna gripe too much. I rarely used the other portals since they disallowed coupon use...

I completely forgot to use the 25% coupons yesterday, but I had used the crap out of the 30% coupons before they died, so it's OK...
Old 12-02-10, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: British TV sale

Originally Posted by funkymonkeyjavajunky
I heard that B&N has an upcoming British TV sale (50% off). Does anyone have any details regarding this promotion? Specifically, dates.
I was in my local Barnes And Noble store today and saw a box with "Brit 12/6" written on it. They had Farscape, which is Australian, in there, but it seems possible that the sale could start in a few days if what they wrote on the box is any indication.
Old 12-05-10, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Just a quick update for anyone interested. There will be a sale starting tomorrow, at least at my store, that will be 50% off certain British titles. It also seems as though there will be a concurrent 50% off sale for older box set releases (I saw the old I Love Lucy season sets in there, among other things).
Old 12-06-10, 11:11 AM

The British DVD sale also started online today, with lots of titles from 50-65 percent off. kstublen, do B&N stores have any information about when the sale ends? I looked online, but couldn't find any information (I'd love to be able to use gift cards to buy some things after Christmas!).
Old 12-06-10, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

^It's on the website.

One Week Only!
Old 12-06-10, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Are You Being Served Complete Collection is a friggin steal. $44.99, then add a coupon and/or cashback, for a bargain and a half...
Old 12-06-10, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Are You Being Served Complete Collection is a friggin steal. $44.99, then add a coupon and/or cashback, for a bargain and a half...
So is the very highly regarded Slings and Arrows Complete Collection. The Blu-ray version is only $32 (or less with membership, coupons etc.) which is considerably less than the previous best price I've seen which is $38 at Amazon. Of course, I just bought it at Amazon. The funny thing about this is it isn't a British show; it's Canadian.
Old 12-06-10, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The sale includes both British and American Television Box Sets. I think I saw The Wire for 50% Off, Farscape for 40% Off, ER for 40% Off, etc.

The problem is, a lot of the MSRP for the stuff they have on sale is so high, that when you take 50% Off Amazon is still cheaper.
Old 12-06-10, 12:07 PM

All the classic Doctor Who DVDs are included in the sale and many of these titles rarely get discounted.
Old 12-06-10, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yeah, I've spent a decent amount of time checking the prices between Amazon and Barnes & Noble for Doctor Who DVDs. Most of them from Barnes & Noble, if you factor in tax, come out to about the same price as they are on Amazon. There are some that are cheaper though, so it's worth taking a look at.
Old 12-06-10, 01:10 PM

Thanks jwstl - I swear I looked at that page several times this morning and never saw the "one week only" tag!
Old 12-06-10, 01:18 PM

Yeah, but if I use my membership, a BN coupon, and my BN credit card, it comes out cheaper.

Originally Posted by kstublen
Yeah, I've spent a decent amount of time checking the prices between Amazon and Barnes & Noble for Doctor Who DVDs. Most of them from Barnes & Noble, if you factor in tax, come out to about the same price as they are on Amazon. There are some that are cheaper though, so it's worth taking a look at.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.