Reload this Page >

Ollie's Bargain Outlet

Comic Book Talk The Place to talk about Comics

Ollie's Bargain Outlet

Old 06-29-24, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 901 Likes on 760 Posts
Re: Ollie's Bargain Outlet

It should be mentioned Ollie's this weekend through Sunday has 15% off everything you buy as their semi-annual customer sale.

Stock is so hit or miss from what I've heard and seen firsthand. One store got in a fairly full shipment of these books about 3 weeks back, they were completely wiped out one week later. Though I hear it might be a tad better in more remote and rural locations.
Old 06-29-24, 08:06 PM

Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
It should be mentioned Ollie's this weekend through Sunday has 15% off everything you buy as their semi-annual customer sale.

Stock is so hit or miss from what I've heard and seen firsthand. One store got in a fairly full shipment of these books about 3 weeks back, they were completely wiped out one week later. Though I hear it might be a tad better in more remote and rural locations.
I hit a brand new store that just opened in a rural area. Some great DC, barely any Marvel
Old 06-29-24, 09:35 PM

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

good to see more wonder woman perez omni's making it out there. I hope to find one.
The following users liked this post:
Captsmee.00 (06-30-24)
Old 06-30-24, 07:10 PM

Worcester, MA had Luke Cage, Phoenix, Moon Knight Huston, Dr. Strange V3, New Mutants 2, X-Men Hellfire Gala, JLA Earth 2 Book/DVD set ($5.99), Taskmaster Epic, Eternals complete, Eternals hardcover, X-Men Children of the Atom, Morbius Epic, History of the Marvel Universe trade (comic book size), X-Corp, Valkyrie, FF slot V2 hardcover.

No Thor Omnibus or any of the DC that made it's way through in the last year or so.
Old 07-01-24, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,292 Likes on 791 Posts

I happened by my local Ollie's on the last day of their 15% off everything sale and happened upon the Watchmen Collector's Edition release for 24 bucks (!) after the sale was added. It was still shrink-wrapped and in good shape. Even though I have never been a big Watchmen fan, I had to pick it up for that price. I will reread it for the umpteenth time and then decide to keep it or not.

I had the Absolute and sold it years ago. I think I may have gotten that from Ollie's for a steal price as well.

I just noticed several in that above picture, so I guess no surprise for people. I was jsut stunned they had anything decent at mine which has been pretty bare on good shit lately.

The following users liked this post:
Ishouldknowbetter (07-01-24)
Old 07-01-24, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Spiderbite
I happened by my local Ollie's on the last day of their 15% off everything sale and happened upon the Watchmen Collector's Edition release for 24 bucks (!) after the sale was added. It was still shrink-wrapped and in good shape. Even though I have never been a big Watchmen fan, I had to pick it up for that price. I will reread it for the umpteenth time and then decide to keep it or not.

I had the Absolute and sold it years ago. I think I may have gotten that from Ollie's for a steal price as well.

I just noticed several in that above picture, so I guess no surprise for people. I was jsut stunned they had anything decent at mine which has been pretty bare on good shit lately.

Keep your eyes peeled. There's a lot of stuff out and it really does arrive at the ollies at different times, even Ollie's that are relatively close proximity to each other. I held out and was rewarded and didn't have to go to an Ollie's farther away.

Last edited by Ishouldknowbetter; 07-01-24 at 07:15 PM.
Old 07-01-24, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 901 Likes on 760 Posts

Some of the problem seems to be sporadic distribution issues by Ollies. I picked up that same Watchmen box set over two months ago at Ollies, long before reports of it had hit circulation.