DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Trevor
Print Wikipost

Amazon: Blu-ray discounts and deals mega-thread

Old 04-01-20, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 158 Likes on 132 Posts
Re: Amazon: Blu-ray discounts and deals mega-thread

Not a "bargain" or "complaint" but I got this e-mail last night from Amazon stating that my pre-order for Bad Boys for Life coming on the 21st will probably be delayed due to the current situation. They are prioritizing necessary orders.

Hello,

We're contacting you about your order of Bad Boys for Life [Blu-ray] to let you know that you may not receive this item on the day it is released.

We are closely monitoring the developments of COVID-19 and its impact on our customers, selling partners, and employees. With this in mind, we are temporarily prioritizing household staples, medical supplies and other high demand products coming into our fulfillment centers so that we can more quickly receive, restock and deliver these products to customers. As a result, your order may be delayed. We are working urgently to bring on additional capacity to deliver customer orders.

You'll still receive the item as soon as possible following release and you can track the latest shipment status of your order under Your Orders on Amazon.com.
If you prefer, you can cancel this from Your Orders page by clicking the following link:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/css/your-orders-access

We appreciate your understanding during this time.

Thank you,
Customer Service

Old 04-01-20, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 73 Likes on 58 Posts

Yeah, I’ve gotten that email on the last 4 orders, most recently on some shaving soap and oil. Estimated dates are in May, but I just got my shaving stuff today. I think it’s more of a CYA thing for them right now.
Old 04-01-20, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I got this letter on 2 separate orders today:

"Hello,

We're contacting you about Order ["]. We recently learned that your Locker delivery has been delayed by 24 hours.

We're sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Sincerely,

Amazon Locker Team
Amazon.com
Old 04-03-20, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 73 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by E Unit View Post
Yeah, Iíve gotten that email on the last 4 orders, most recently on some shaving soap and oil. Estimated dates are in May, but I just got my shaving stuff today. I think itís more of a CYA thing for them right now.
Yeah I got a ton of orders and S&S orders on the same day (8 packages), and luckily I was home. But I was not expecting them for another 3 weeks. If you do get an email, I would bet you will get them way earlier. Like you said, it's a CYA thing so consumers won't all complain about not getting their stuff.
Old 04-03-20, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post
Yeah I got a ton of orders and S&S orders on the same day (8 packages), and luckily I was home. But I was not expecting them for another 3 weeks. If you do get an email, I would bet you will get them way earlier. Like you said, it's a CYA thing so consumers won't all complain about not getting their stuff.
I was surprised when I got the "shipped" e-mail which combined several orders with some that weren't supposed to ship until the end of April. They were supposed to arrive today (Friday) but showed up on my doorstep yesterday.
Old 04-05-20, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 158 Likes on 132 Posts

https://www.amazon.com/Robocop-Directors-Blu-ray-Peter-Weller/dp/B07ZQZ15VB/ref=sr_1_6?crid=3UYGWZQIXO92O&dchild=1&keywords=robocop+blu+ray&qid=1586133428&sprefix=robocop%2Caps%2C252&sr=8-6 https://www.amazon.com/Robocop-Directors-Blu-ray-Peter-Weller/dp/B07ZQZ15VB/ref=sr_1_6?crid=3UYGWZQIXO92O&dchild=1&keywords=robocop+blu+ray&qid=1586133428&sprefix=robocop%2Caps%2C252&sr=8-6

The new Robocop special edition from Arrow is $22.81 and also has a $4.15 coupon. It brings it down to $18.66 plus tax.

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on this.

FYI, this is the regular special edition Director's Cut. The limited edition is out of print. It has cards, book and a poster. Content wise on the discs it should be the same except that it's missing the theatrical cut disc from what I can find.

If you order it now, your shipment will likely be delayed. Mine said estimated delivery time was May 5th.

Last edited by DJariya; 04-05-20 at 08:05 PM.
Old 04-05-20, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts

John Wick 2 4K was $11, so I ordered it and it said it would be delivered Thursday. John Wick is essential I suppose.
Old 04-06-20, 03:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think everything ordered from Amazon now or a 3rd party that Amazon ships, comes with a standard "Problem With Order" button once the order is placed.
COVID-19
Due to the challenges posed by COVID-19, including service disruptions by delivery providers, your order may be delayed. We ask for your patience and encourage you to contact the seller before you decide to file a refund request.
Stuff from Twilight Time, SAE, and Kino shipped promptly. I think I will not be ordering anything from Amazon until things are more normal or I don't care when they arrive.
Old 04-06-20, 06:35 PM
Premium Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

B2G1 from Amazon (somewhat matching the Target deal).

Amazon Amazon

Old 04-07-20, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts

Shin Godzilla on BD is $5.
The following 2 users liked this post by Why So Blu?:
Adam Tyner (04-07-20), laidbacklarkin (04-07-20)
Old 04-07-20, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Why So Blu? View Post
Shin Godzilla on BD is $5.
While the included UV digital copy doesn't work anymore, contact Funimation and they will give it to you on their own digital service.
The following users liked this post:
laidbacklarkin (04-07-20)
Old 04-07-20, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Amazon is just price matching Walmart on Shin Godzilla
The good it comes with two version(Jap/Eng) on the movies on instawatch.The bad,have to pick it up in store and chance it gets canceled
like a few of their recent movie deals.I'm like 2 out 3 getting my last walmart instore pickups.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Shin-Godz...l-HD/651034446

Last edited by JoeySeven; 04-08-20 at 12:54 PM.
Old 04-08-20, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Here's the WM link without all the referral stuff:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Shin-Godz...l-HD/651034446

It is available for shipping but at a cost unless you get together a $35+ order.
Old 04-08-20, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

^
thanks,I was wondering why the link was so long.I do not care for all that referral crap and should not have copy and paste off another site.
And it looks like deal is dead at Amazon.But still good at wm,which is kind of strange.
Old 04-08-20, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Amazon's sold out with it only available from MP vendors. Should they get more stock while it's on sale at WM I'd expect it to be that price again.
Old 04-08-20, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 198 Likes on 155 Posts

Looks like it is back in stock at Walmart at $5 ... can do in store pick up for free.
Old 05-07-20, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 73 Likes on 55 Posts

Chuck Complete 1-5 has been going on sale off and on for around $40.
Old 05-07-20, 01:14 PM

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Chuck for $39.96 going on and off sale -- appears Walmarts playing flip the switch with Amazon again. I swear there are some weeks when it's someone's job at WM to turn a sale price on and wait for
Amazon to PM, then flip a switch (OOS or change the price) and as soon as Amazon changes the price, the WM guy turns the sale back on.

Since WM will PM or price correct themselves with a couple months, their customers are happy. All the Amazon people who order above $40 are stuck (too bad) and Amazon CSR take the heat or have to spends hrs adjust 'one time' only refunds

No - I don;t think anyone at WM is that sadistic, but my inner Alex Jones really wishes it was intentional
Old 05-07-20, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts

Actually, I think Walmart has been consciously messing with Amazon's media pricing for a while. They are really going after different customer segments at this point.
Old 05-07-20, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
Chuck for $39.96 going on and off sale -- appears Walmarts playing flip the switch with Amazon again. I swear there are some weeks when it's someone's job at WM to turn a sale price on and wait for
Amazon to PM, then flip a switch (OOS or change the price) and as soon as Amazon changes the price, the WM guy turns the sale back on.

Since WM will PM or price correct themselves with a couple months, their customers are happy. All the Amazon people who order above $40 are stuck (too bad) and Amazon CSR take the heat or have to spends hrs adjust 'one time' only refunds

No - I don;t think anyone at WM is that sadistic, but my inner Alex Jones really wishes it was intentional
There is software that does exactly what you are suggesting. Many large & mid size retailers on ebay & Amazon use it. It wouldn't surprise me to know that Amazon, Wally Mart, etc use it also.
Old 05-07-20, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 126 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger View Post
Actually, I think Walmart has been consciously messing with Amazon's media pricing for a while. They are really going after different customer segments at this point.
To what end, though?
Old 05-07-20, 09:13 PM

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig View Post
To what end, though?
Irritation for one esp with the long slow decreases in price. Walmart then matches their lowest price for their own customers, but any Amazon folks who bought at the first
drop and then the price decreased another $3-4 -- Amazon most of the time won't refund the difference for many/most of their customers. That put Amazon and the CSR on the spot
for refusing to help their own, plus just wastes a lot of Amazons time. I guess WM also figures that Amazon customers buy a lot more media online than WM customers do so it
proportionally not only wastes a lot more of AMAZON TIME, but not so much of their own and they get to look like the good guy for later on.

SImilarly I suspect a lot more people use some sort of Amazon Price Notification pushes so Amazon customers keep getting buzzed and often by the time they get to the site, the price is already changed higher again.
Just on sheer irritation, those people who hang out of Bluray.com keep seeing those DEALS at the top of the page and frequently by the time they click, the deal is gone.

I don't even know if WM really has a lot of this stuff in stock since I think their online media sales are extremely tiny relative to Amazon, but just the gnat and yellowjacket effect for Amazon has got to make them a little giddy.
It's likely just a game to play like Russia and US ships pointing laser pointers at the other ot troops on the DMZ blasting loud music across the border or S Korea sending Kim jokes over the loudspeakers
Old 05-11-20, 02:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It's a price war, kind of like with gas stations. Common in the capitalist world.
Old 05-17-20, 04:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Amazon Prime 1 or 2 day deliver seems to have resumed for media. I ordered something today and it says delivery by tomorrow 9 PM. It was just one order and one item but hopefully a good sign.

Last edited by Classic Films; 05-17-20 at 04:35 PM.
Old 05-18-20, 01:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Classic Films View Post
Amazon Prime 1 or 2 day deliver seems to have resumed for media. I ordered something today and it says delivery by tomorrow 9 PM. It was just one order and one item but hopefully a good sign.
Great news!

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.