Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

International Blu-ray deals

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-20, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts
Re: International Blu-ray deals

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
I noticed that, too. Right now it seems that it's limited to the stuff from Amazon direct. 3rd market sellers may still ship from the UK.
I put in a preorder that's important to me about a month ago for a mid April release. I am not going to be happy if I don't get it. Amazoon UK by far had the best price on the item.
Old 03-24-20, 06:33 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

This just in from 88 Films (for those thinking about ordering directly from the UK labels):
Royal Mail have told us that from this Wednesday, 25 March, all orders from the UK to US will be sent via an economy service, due to the Coronavirus crisis. This will take significantly longer than usual.

Travel and public health restrictions have significantly reduced transatlantic air transport capacity, and could disrupt the operations of both Royal Mail here and their partners in the US. As such, economy services will now travel by sea and may be subject to further delays at either end.

I know Arrow used FedEx for their tracked shipping, but that changed recently when they moved into their new warehouse. Not sure if any of the other companies (Second Sight, BFI, Eureka, Indicator, etc) use FedEx.

Peter
Old 03-24-20, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Two of my 3/11 orders from Amazon Germany were delivered on Saturday 3/21 and today with one more expected 3/31. So at least, orders in transit are not being impacted. But yeah, can't order anymore for Amazon fulfilment to US addresses
Old 03-31-20, 12:04 PM

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

I would think the severe reduction in flights to and from the US would account for the long shipping delays and why Amazon.UK is not shipping some items to the US at present.
Old 03-31-20, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

I only have Crash pending from Amazon Germany and it's still scheduled to ship on its release day, although I opted for the regular slowest shipping option, so if all goes well, I should have it in mid-April. I also have The Elephant Man 4K pending via Amazon UK, as well.
Old 04-01-20, 01:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Classic Films
I would think the severe reduction in flights to and from the US would account for the long shipping delays and why Amazon.UK is not shipping some items to the US at present.
Someone posted on a music board that a store I've never heard of in the UK posted that the entire UK Royal Mail system is only shipping to the USA by "Economy Mail" at this time (1 to 2 months shipping time). I can't verify that either way.
Old 04-07-20, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 215 Likes on 190 Posts

Much to my surprise, I've just gotten an e-mail from AmazonUK that my pre-order of "The Elephant Man", -placed before the current situation, -has shipped. Who knows when it will show up.

Last edited by DWilson; 04-10-20 at 05:07 PM.
Old 04-07-20, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 178 Likes on 123 Posts

Depends on how it shipped, but the UK packages I've received in the last month have actually moved quicker than normal. Not sure if it's significantly lower volume of packages overall or just luck, but
nothing was delayed in the least
Old 04-07-20, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by hariseldon
Depends on how it shipped, but the UK packages I've received in the last month have actually moved quicker than normal. Not sure if it's significantly lower volume of packages overall or just luck, but
nothing was delayed in the least
Agreed. The last AmazonUK item I received was under 10 days, (my max was 2 months for one item) but I keep reading that they're sending everything by the slowest means necessary right now (and, of course, they're not taking US orders at the moment), so my expectations have been lowered.
Old 04-08-20, 09:33 AM

I had an open order from Amazon UK for Amazon Women on the Moon, and they shipped it last week via DHL - arrived early this week. --Peter
Old 04-08-20, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It's unfortunate that on another board someone posted an obviously incorrect message from a mid sized UK CD store I'd never heard of: That message which was said to be copied from the cd store's website stated that "The UK Royal Mail is sending ALL CD's & DVD's "Economy Class: 1-2 months to the USA". I lost about $7 cancelling an Amazon.uk preorder & first reordering with Import cd's & than when they cancelled the order with DD. It also diodn't help that Amazon.uk had a big incorrect red notice that "this item (which several people have reported receiving from them) is not available for shipping to the USA at this time". I.E. Fubar left, right & center.

It also has been concerning me that Amazon.UK's cs has really been going downhill in the last year. No issues for me with Amazon USA.
Old 04-10-20, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

I noticed Amazon.co.uk's service starting to slip a couple years back. Once they started killing off their retail competition in the UK, Amazon must have decided it was time to cut back expenses.
Old 04-10-20, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DWilson
Much to my surprise, I've just gotten an e-mail from AmazonUK that my pre-order of "The Elephant Man", -placed before the current situation, -has shipped. Who knows when it will show up.
And another surprise -my order showed up today (via UPS). That's 4 days more or less from Amazon UK. Of course, now if I try to place an order it stops me at my (US) address....

Last edited by DWilson; 04-10-20 at 06:47 PM.
Old 04-10-20, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

And another surprise -my order showed up today (via UPS). That's 4 days more or less from Amazon UK. Of course, now if I try to place an order it stops me at my (US) address....
Was your tracking active the whole time with multiple intermediate steps or did it just go from Accepted in UK to Out for Delivery?
Old 04-10-20, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Was your tracking active the whole time with multiple intermediate steps or did it just go from Accepted in UK to Out for Delivery?
It went from Croydon to Stansted, GB: left Stansted at 8:30 pm, was in Louisville, KY at 12:15 AM Friday, was in Berkeley, MO at 4:15 am and in my hands at 4:30 pm. It's the only accurate tracking I've ever had with Amazon UK. My other orders over the years don't indicate that they have ever arrived, -though they have.
Old 04-10-20, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It went from Croydon to Stansted, GB: left Stansted at 8:30 pm, was in Louisville, KY at 12:15 AM Friday, was in Berkeley, MO at 4:15 am and in my hands at 4:30 pm. It's the only accurate tracking I've ever had with Amazon UK. My other orders over the years don't indicate that they have ever arrived, -though they have.
I asked b/c a poster elsewhere had a UPS package that was stuck at Awaiting Pickup for several days. I was thinking his package might be skipping scans, but sounds like to me his package really is awaiting pickup -- now it's hard to know if it's Amazon's issue or UPS delaying pickup due to the Virus/Carrier issues

I've had i-parcel/UPS packages do that and not go active until they arrive in US.
I've only had 1 or 2 direct UPS packages and their tracking and DHL Priority do what you said.
My latest UK packages Ama Glob Standard have travelled AUS Global Post and the tracking has been pretty good along the way.

Asendia tracking usually goes dead after pickup assuming it's live at all
Royal Mail tracking is rare, but usually is spotty on the UK and active in teh USPS system once it hits/passes customs
Old 04-19-20, 08:31 AM

My pre-order for the Phase IV limited edition has been dispatched via DHL to the USA! --Peter
Old 04-19-20, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

My Elephant Man 4K edition shipped from Amazon UK yesterday.
Old 05-09-20, 12:37 PM

Amazon UK has started shipping to the US again. However the only shipping choice for new orders is Amazon Global Priority which is very expensive at about 9 pounds for the first disc. Preorders currently don't ship to the USA. Though once a preorder is no longer a preorder it will ship. Ford At Columbia preorder for example couldn't be ordered once the virus spread but now that the set has been released it can be ordered from Amazon.UK to the USA. The current preorder of Flash Gordon in 4K will not ship to the USA at this time.
Old 05-09-20, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Classic Films
Amazon UK has started shipping to the US again. However the only shipping choice for new orders is Amazon Global Priority which is very expensive at about 9 pounds for the first disc. Preorders currently don't ship to the USA. Though once a preorder is no longer a preorder it will ship. Ford At Columbia preorder for example couldn't be ordered once the virus spread but now that the set has been released it can be ordered from Amazon.UK to the USA. The current preorder of Flash Gordon in 4K will not ship to the USA at this time.
I was able to pre-order Onward 3D a bit ago as part of my bigger order so preorders may be an item by item thing. I haven't checked my longer list. I wonder if the Flash Gordon is b/c it so far off (AUG) and it will be allowed once it get a firm release date listed.
1st item is expensive (much worse for Canadians it appears), but each added is actually cheaper than std shipping for a single title (0.50 vs 1.00). Boxsets are a bit more expensive.

I just made a 7 item order to clear a backlog with £17 Priority shipping with 3 boxsets included. I priced a similar order just before the shutdown and it was £13 std and approx £16 AGS which is my normal speed since it has tracking and it usually 1/2 the shipping time.
Even better I was able to reorder an item I preordered in January that hadn't shipped yet (cancelled prior order successfully) - prior order has £5 shipping, new order only 1 so win/win and increases the chance it ships sooner and better packed.

Last edited by hariseldon; 05-09-20 at 01:29 PM.
Old 05-09-20, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Possibly even better -- some are noticing after you place your order with Priority shipping, you have teh CHANGE SHIPPING option which appears to allowing downgrade to AGS/Std. I'm not sure if it
would actually go through, but it might at least be worth a try esp for single items orders
Old 05-09-20, 03:40 PM

3rd party items even those that are fulfilled by Amazon UK count as a separate single item for shipping purposes. When ordering multiple items you need to be sure you are ordering from Amazon UK and not just fulfilled by Amazon UK .
Old 05-09-20, 07:33 PM

Received 4,579 Likes on 3,099 Posts

I placed a 12 item order and shipping was £15.98. I didn’t think that was too bad.
Old 05-09-20, 07:34 PM

Received 4,579 Likes on 3,099 Posts

Possibly even better -- some are noticing after you place your order with Priority shipping, you have teh CHANGE SHIPPING option which appears to allowing downgrade to AGS/Std. I'm not sure if it
would actually go through, but it might at least be worth a try esp for single items orders
This didn’t work for me.
Old 05-09-20, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dex14
This didn’t work for me.
The Change Shipping button wasn't there in the "Your Orders" summary or it wouldn't let you change?
If I click Order Details I also see a Delivery Speed/Change button.

For a 12 item order, I think it would be around $13 std shipping anyway so not really a lot of difference.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.