Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

International Blu-ray deals

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-20, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts
Re: International Blu-ray deals

Originally Posted by Classic Films
Zavvi's flat shipping rate to the US appears to now be 9.99 pounds. So unless there are super bargains or a very large order, I don't anticipate ordering from them. Unlike Amazon.UK, Zavvi does not remove VAT from their online prices.
it was expected to happen starting June 2020. The notion was that import shipping rates had to match what USPS would charge to send packages abroad to level the playing field. Expect to see this happen at all overseas retailers soon. Amazon may have scals to keep the costs down but smaller retailers will no option but to comply.
Old 06-01-20, 04:15 PM

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

I noticed Amazon UK has starting putting the shipping charges on the main page of the item even when its from Amazon and not a 3rd party. £8.95 + £8.40 delivery .
for a single disc Amazon Global Delivery.
Old 06-01-20, 04:24 PM

I noticed Amazon UK has starting putting the shipping charges on the main page of the item even when its from Amazon and not a 3rd party. £8.95 + £8.40 delivery .
😲😲 Might as well clean up my Amazon UK and Germany carts and wish lists. Was fun while it lasted.
Old 06-01-20, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,027 Likes on 726 Posts

Weird. I'm seeing the charge on the item page, but still only have the £18.98 delivery option.

Possibly it's different between delivery to the US and delivery to Canada.
Old 06-01-20, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 178 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by andicus

Possibly it's different between delivery to the US and delivery to Canada.
Yes
Old 06-01-20, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

Ouch. Amazon nUKed.
Old 06-01-20, 06:01 PM

I had 4 BD's in my Amazon UK cart for delivery to SoCal and the shipping came to £14.96 through the default (and only) Amazon Global shipping service
Old 06-01-20, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

The USA gvt decision on this is idiocy. It's mostly going to impact incoming small packages (i.e. cd's & dvd's). It will mainly harm USA citizens. It may have some impact on non USA retailers. It will NOT help the USPS in any manner.

Probably the main impact will be an increase in illegal downloading.
Old 06-02-20, 11:28 AM

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Details of the new shipping prices. Note the section in RED. (Direct Link: https://tamebay.com/2020/06/royal-ma...increases.html)

Royal Mail International Business Contract USA price increases

By Chris Dawson June 1, 2020 - 11:38 am

From Wednesday the 1st of July 2020, if you use Royal Mail International Business Contract to ship to the USA, you will see increased prices for International parcel services and the introduction of a new ‘Rest of World Zone A (USA)’. There are no changes to letter and large letter prices for Royal Mail International Business Contract customers.

You will want to adjust your prices on marketplaces and your website to take account of the new prices and supplements as for some these will be significant price rises. If you purchase postage through a marketplace, you might well expect their prices to rise to take into account the additional expenses by the 1st of July. Bear in mind that you should increase you prices before the 1st of July to take into account sales that may sell in June but ship in July.

Why will Royal Mail International Business Contract customers see increased USA costs?

Royal Mail say that these prices changes are the result of exceptional cost increases outside of their control:
  • Last year, the UPU agreed to allow the US to set terminal dues/prices themselves from the 1st of July. This met the US administration’s stated objective – to increase how much they charge other countries for delivery. It averted their threat to leave the global network. It will see a significant increase of over 100% in the the rates Royal Mail pay for last mile delivery in the US from the 1st of July.Royal Mail say that they will have to pass on these costs and will not profit in doing so.
  • Royal Mail have seen 95% less air passenger flights as a result of Covid-191 and are having to use air freight instead. This is considerably more expensive. It has led to a five-fold increase in conveyance costs to the US following the outbreak of Covid-19. As a business, Royal Mail say that they have absorbed these costs to date. But, from the 1st of July, they are going to recover their best estimate of future conveyance costs in this financial year.Royal Mail say that they are closely monitoring the cost of conveyance and may reduce prices accordingly in future.

Royal Mail International Business Contract Temporary Air Carrier Supplement

In order to manage these increased costs as fairly as possible, Royal Mail have temporarily introduced an Air Carrier Supplement for each country where they have experienced increased costs, which will be charged on the price per kilo. This supplement will be regularly reviewed to reflect changing air carrier costs for the USA and other countries.

To view the latest rates check out ‘Temporary Air Carrier Supplement’ on royalmail.com/prices2020, but currently appears set to be £4.46 per kilo.

Which Royal Mail International Business Contract services are impacted?

Parcel prices are changing for the following Royal Mail International Business Contract services to the USA:
  • International Tracked and Tracked & Signed services
  • International Standard Mixed Mail
  • International Standard Parcels
Old 06-03-20, 02:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Thank you for the post! Here's hoping the November USA election sees this reversed.
Old 06-11-20, 05:32 AM

What is very troubling is that as high as shipping costs are now, we haven't seen the new increases yet. When I read the above I thought the new rates began June 1. I got an email today from Indicator with their August announcements which included the following.

Please be aware from 1 July 2020, import fees outside of the UK and EU are changing. As a result, shipping costs to those territories will be affected on these pre-orders. For more information, please visit the Royal Mail website.
Old 07-02-20, 02:57 PM

Amazon.co.uk's new higher shipping rates have kicked in. For a single disk £14.99 + £10.97 delivery to US. Of course multiple films in the same order will be cheaper per film shipping. 2 discs at Amazon are £11.58 to ship. So far ZAVVI still has a flat £9.99 per order.
Old 07-02-20, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

Oof! That's fucking rough.
Old 07-02-20, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Still Priority Only so a couple dollars more than it was -- not good, but not terrible. Long term the general shipping cost is more what I'm interested in seeing
Old 07-02-20, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

Amazon.co.uk's new higher shipping rates have kicked in. For a single disk £14.99 + £10.97 delivery to US. Of course multiple films in the same order will be cheaper per film shipping. 2 discs at Amazon are £11.58 to ship. So far ZAVVI still has a flat £9.99 per order.
Amazon's had those prices since they resumed shipping to the US about a month ago. They only offer a single shipping option right now - the one with higher rates.
Old 07-02-20, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
Amazon's had those prices since they resumed shipping to the US about a month ago. They only offer a single shipping option right now - the one with higher rates.
But the Priority Rate for a single item was around £8.70 so it has increased a little.
My worry is that the slower/cheaper option either may not come back at all or they'll be double what the were previously. If so I'll just make less frequent, but bigger orders to group items other than some of the
limited editions
Old 07-02-20, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts

I put an order in for 7 discs at Amazon UK on June 20th. Was given an estimate of delivery 6/23-7/20.

Was in preparing status for a while then dispatching now for a couple days. Now it’s back to not yet shipped. Never saw this before. I’m assuming it’s got something to do with getting the discs together in one place.
Old 07-03-20, 04:33 PM

Fast shipping with ZAVVI. Ordered on Wednesday , received on Friday. They don't hold order if something is out of stock. Ship as available.
Old 07-03-20, 09:45 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I've been getting my Amazon UK orders via DHL within 2 or 3 days of the dispatch notice. --Peter
Old 07-03-20, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Fast shipping with ZAVVI. Ordered on Wednesday , received on Friday. They don't hold order if something is out of stock. Ship as available.
How are the shipping rates to the USA?
Old 07-04-20, 03:15 AM

ZAVVI has a flat rate of 9.99 pounds per order. Cheaper than Amazon.uk but ZAVVI doesn't remove VAT like Amazon does.
Old 07-04-20, 04:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts

Ordered the Walkabout LE from Base last night. Was only charged £2.99 for shipping.

I'll take it!

They also remove VAT. Now to see what kind of shape it shows up in.
Old 07-11-20, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

Part of my JBhifi order arrived today. Box half full lots of packaging,all looks good.
Prince of Darkness 4k
The Fog 4k
Saving Private Ryan Collector's Set 4k
Jesse Stone 3 Film Collection
Blood Drive - The Complete Series
Felicity/Centrespread - Double Pack ABC
VFW / Bliss
Fair Game ABC
Dark Age
Not Quite Hollywood ABC

Two more came today. Logan 4k and some Mummy movie. again in good shape.

Last edited by JoeySeven; 07-11-20 at 10:22 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Adam Tyner (07-11-20)
Old 08-06-20, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

Not sure what is going on with Amazon UK .They are shipping to the states ..but
Was going to see how much it would cost to ship some Network,BFI and Studiocanal movies to the states all under £10.

Shipping before check out said it would take 1 to 2 months for shipping time.
But on check out the only option was the only
delivery option was AmazonGlobal Priority (2-4 business days)
I did contact CS and they said this is the only option at this time.

£87.75 Amazon Global Priority (2-4 business days) for about 20 movies would be about 1/3 the cost of the order + they add a Exchange rate guarantee fee now?So no more good deals for now ,might change at latter > who knows
Old 08-06-20, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeySeven
Not sure what is going on with Amazon UK .They are shipping to the states ..but
Was going to see how much it would cost to ship some Network,BFI and Studiocanal movies to the states all under £10.

Shipping before check out said it would take 1 to 2 months for shipping time.
But on check out the only option was the only
delivery option was AmazonGlobal Priority (2-4 business days)
I did contact CS and they said this is the only option at this time.

£87.75 Amazon Global Priority (2-4 business days) for about 20 movies would be about 1/3 the cost of the order + they add a Exchange rate guarantee fee now?So no more good deals for now ,might change at latter > who knows

This has been going for a month or two now.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.