International Blu-ray deals

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

International Blu-ray deals

Old 05-09-20, 09:08 PM
Suspended

Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts
Re: International Blu-ray deals

Originally Posted by dex14 View Post
I placed a 12 item order and shipping was £15.98. I didnít think that was too bad.

Jesuschrist, what did you buy?
Old 05-09-20, 09:50 PM

Received 297 Likes on 213 Posts

Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
The Change Shipping button wasn't there in the "Your Orders" summary or it wouldn't let you change?
If I click Order Details I also see a Delivery Speed/Change button.

For a 12 item order, I think it would be around $13 std shipping anyway so not really a lot of difference.
Wouldn’t let me change. It does show standard woul've been £10.37.

Originally Posted by Why So Blu? View Post
Jesuschrist, what did you buy?
Some Eureka and 88 Films titles.

Last edited by dex14; 05-09-20 at 09:57 PM.
Old 05-10-20, 03:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

For the last several years most non USA countries have charged significantly lower international postage rates to ship to the USA than we charge to ship from the USA to their countries. A couple months ago, the current USA president threatened to drop out of the World Wide Postal consortium unless all other countries agreed to raise their prices to the USA to match ours to them. At the time the USA president got what he wanted. Unless something changes, it's supposed to occur in June or July of this year. I have already noticed many European retailers (not all) have drastically raised their shipping rates to the USA. (look at Discogs for 1 ugly example). Amazon.uk had not raised anything before Covid. I hope not, but I suspect this is a preview of things to come in the very near future; and we're talking about prices significantly higher than what are being mentioned here.

This link is the first hit on Google. It's not exactly what I originally read.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/25/post...ex-impact.html
The following users liked this post:
Jay G. (05-10-20)
Old 05-11-20, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I noticed in the email Twilight Time sent announcing its closure and discontinuance of shipping internationally in June, that they state packages shipped by the US Post Office to other countries are mostly going by ship not planes. Unknown if the reverse is true with packages coming to the US by ship instead of planes.
Old 05-11-20, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Might as well make some final orders from across the pond before we 'upgrade' shipping to 19th century practices and bump up import shipping charges
Old 05-11-20, 02:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any advice for importing German Blu-Rays to the USA? Amazon.de won't ship 3 of the 4 titles to my address. Thanks!
Old 05-11-20, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 58 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by LastChanceRecs View Post
Any advice for importing German Blu-Rays to the USA? Amazon.de won't ship 3 of the 4 titles to my address. Thanks!
Even before Coronavirus hit, Amazon internationally was doing that with more and more media items. Try other European retailers which don't have to bow to the whims of multinational suppliers.

https://www.grooves-inc.com/
Old 05-11-20, 04:48 PM

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by LastChanceRecs View Post
I guess what titles and are they sold directly by Amazon? Some items just can't be shipped internationally by AMazon, but by far the most common problem is items offered by MArketplace or FBA (Amazon Indirect)

Old 05-12-20, 02:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I've recently ordered 2 items; 1 from Amazon.UK marketplace & 1 from ebay.UK at the old shipping rates. Hopefully I'll get them. I have heard the stories of UK international shipping going by boat. Very recently I ordered some music dvd's directly from the band (Marillion) in the UK which arrived in less then 2 weeks at a low shipping rate, so hope for the best; at least for 2-7 weeks longer.

If this happens (& I think it will) I'm especially going to miss Masters Of Cinema/Eureka; a German retailer called Grooves, the occasional error on Amazon UK, & most importantly avoiding my state's almost 11% sales tax.
Old 05-12-20, 06:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo View Post
I've recently ordered 2 items; 1 from Amazon.UK marketplace & 1 from ebay.UK at the old shipping rates. Hopefully I'll get them. I have heard the stories of UK international shipping going by boat. Very recently I ordered some music dvd's directly from the band (Marillion) in the UK which arrived in less then 2 weeks at a low shipping rate, so hope for the best; at least for 2-7 weeks longer.

If this happens (& I think it will) I'm especially going to miss Masters Of Cinema/Eureka; a German retailer called Grooves, the occasional error on Amazon UK, & most importantly avoiding my state's almost 11% sales tax.
You got lucky with Marillion. My preorder of Script still hasn't arrived; been about six weeks since dispatch. I think it was caught up with the first round of packages shipped by boat Everything else I've ordered in the past three weeks from the UK has arrived just fine (both directly from Amazon and from 3rd party sellers like ZOverstocks/Rarewaves). --Peter
Old 05-22-20, 06:44 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not movie related, but thought I'd mention my experience with an international package. I ordered a CD from Chalkys, a UK seller, and got a shipping notification on April 15 and just received the package yesterday. But even though the return address is the UK, it appears to have shipped through bpost which is in Belgium.
Old 05-22-20, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I tried to pre-order an 88 Films Jackie Chan blu-ray from Amazon UK and they're saying the item doesn't ship to my location (USA). Shoot. Price was right too.
Old 05-22-20, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/

Buy 1 Get 1 Free Blu-ray & 4K UHD Movies & Box Sets.Been awhile since I ordered from JB. 4k are region free.On the blu-ray it is hard to tell, the site and blu-ray.com have different info on some of the movies I looked at.
The prices look high,but when converted to US dollars the prices on some items are:
Also checking out can be a pain

Iron Man Trilogy 4K and Captain America Trilogy 4K for both for under $40
more coming soon....

Blu-ray-
https://www.jbhifi.com.au/collections/shop-all-blu-ray
4k- https://www.jbhifi.com.au/collections/shop-all-4k
Boxsets- https://www.jbhifi.com.au/collection...price_desc&p=0

I have in my cart 20 movies both blu and 4k that would come out to about $12 each including shipping.
Not sure if I'm going to pull the trigger.Some of these are not available in the states.And with overseas shipping rates
starting to increase at some stores,not sure if we will see these low prices again.

Prince of Darkness 4k
A
Thousand Times Goodnight,
Not Quite Hollywood
Jesse Stone 3 Film Collection 1
Blood Drive - The Complete Series
Felicity/Centrespread - Double Pack
Mad Dog Morgan
Saving Private Ryan Collector's Set 4k
Alita: Battle Angel 4k
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters 4k
Doctor Sleep 4k
Joker 4k
Up! 4k
VFW / Bliss
They Live 4k
Escape From New York 4k
Fog, The 4k
Dark Age
Fair Game

Thank you @ persian_mafia @ SD

Last edited by JoeySeven; 05-22-20 at 10:36 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by JoeySeven:
DVD Polizei (05-22-20), laidbacklarkin (05-22-20)
Old 05-22-20, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 78 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeySeven View Post

Buy 1 Get 1 Free Blu-ray & 4K UHD Movies & Box Sets.Been awhile since I ordered from JB. 4k are region free.On the blu-ray it is hard to tell, the site and blu-ray.com have different info on some of the movies I looked at.
The prices look high,but when converted to US dollars the prices on some items are:

more coming soon....

Blu-ray-

I have in my cart 20 movies both blu and 4k that would come out to about $12 each including shipping.
Not sure if I'm going to pull the trigger.Some of these are not available in the states.And with overseas shipping rates
starting to increase at some stores,not sure if we will see these low prices again.

Prince of Darkness 4k
A
Not Quite Hollywood
Mad Dog Morgan
Doctor Sleep 4k
Joker 4k
Up! 4k
VFW / Bliss
They Live 4k
Escape From New York 4k
Fog, The 4k
Dark Age
Fair Game

Thanks, I bought 6 4K titles, and looks to be a StudioCanal 4K release series of John Carpenter. Prince of Darkness has been show to be rather rich in detail, bringing out more color and depth, and I always knew this film had the potential just by looking at the blu-ray release.

Thanks for the post. Tentatively not being charged foreign fees by my bank, my total for 6 4K titles was just a tad over $85 (USD) / AUD ~$125, and shipped from OZ, I'm not complaining. Also, I wanted Saving Private Ryan in 4K anyway, so that was a bonus.
JoeySeven (05-22-20)
Old 05-22-20, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

more coming soon....

Blu-ray-

Prince of Darkness 4k
A
Not Quite Hollywood
Mad Dog Morgan
Doctor Sleep 4k
Joker 4k
Up! 4k
VFW / Bliss
They Live 4k
Escape From New York 4k
Fog, The 4k
Dark Age
Fair Game

I can't seem to put in my mobile phone number for US. It says "invalid number" for anything I put in, all different formats. I've tried putting a 1 in front, +1, no 1, everything and it won't work. It won't let me order until the phone number field is valid.

Anyone run into this?
Old 05-22-20, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Numes View Post
I can't seem to put in my mobile phone number for US. It says "invalid number" for anything I put in, all different formats. I've tried putting a 1 in front, +1, no 1, everything and it won't work. It won't let me order until the phone number field is valid.

Anyone run into this?
It's been screwing up phone numbers for a long time

It will only seem to accept AUS Mobile so most folks just use a fake default since it doesn't seem to matter for International Customers. Most AUS Mobile numbers start with 04 (or just 4) instead of a US Area Code and then 8 digits though not all numbers work
AUS +61 412345678 (or 0412345678) seems to work

If somebody from JB checks these they're going to see a hundred orders from this one phone number
Old 05-22-20, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

From SD.I still have not put in a order. Some movies I really want, just be warned shipping could be a month or two.
If it's not letting you place an order, follow these steps:
enter Country - US
Enter first and last name

For phone number, AUS Flag +61 should be default so leave it
Mobile Phone -- type 412345678 -- at that point the invalid phone number label should go away

Street address
Apt
City
Zip
State

Fetch Shipping Option and Select

The Proceed Button should switch from Grey to Green at some point. For some reason system is not recognizing US's phone numbers. Thanks hariseldon for the heads up
thanks hariseldon. Hanging out with persian_mafia @ SD..
Old 05-22-20, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Took me 4 times, one MC and visa card,but my order finally went through.
Now I might check out the lower cost blu-rays this weekend and maybe do another order if I find anything interesting.
Old 05-22-20, 09:17 PM

From SD.I still have not put in a order. Some movies I really want, just be warned shipping could be a month or two.
thanks hariseldon. Hanging out with persian_mafia @ SD..
I try to avoid SD since it just makes me mad, I have rarely met a group of posters who refuse to believe the evidence of what you're trying to tell them. I've had people arguing with both of us over the contents
or region code of a disc despite us both telling them we have the exact disc in out hands and can tell them with 100% certainty they're wrong. Then 10 posts later somebody
else starts the same argument.

Persian did borrow 'somebody's' step by step post from Bluray.com, but I'm 100% sure that poster won't mind

Last edited by hariseldon; 05-22-20 at 09:24 PM.
Old 05-22-20, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
It's been screwing up phone numbers for a long time

It will only seem to accept AUS Mobile so most folks just use a fake default since it doesn't seem to matter for International Customers. Most AUS Mobile numbers start with 04 (or just 4) instead of a US Area Code and then 8 digits though not all numbers work
AUS +61 412345678 (or 0412345678) seems to work

If somebody from JB checks these they're going to see a hundred orders from this one phone number
Excellent! That worked.

Ordered 14 titles at an average cost of $11.50 (USD) per title even with $30 shipping. That's pretty amazing.

Thanks to the OP.
Old 05-23-20, 09:27 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What are some good AU exclusives (ie not released or OOP in US, or better transfer/features)?
Besides the mentioned Carpenter 4Ks (They Live, Escape from New York, Prince of Darkness, The Fog), here's some BDs I found
Old 05-23-20, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 58 Likes on 52 Posts

While it's region-locked, some believe the Australian Captain Kronos: Vampire Hunter is better than the recent Scream Factory release.
Old 05-26-20, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 78 Likes on 58 Posts

Amazon UK Amazon UK
is offering World At War (blu-ray) for around $54 shipped to the US. This is the newly-done version, fullscreen, and has not been cropped to all hell like the other one.
hariseldon (05-26-20)
Old 05-26-20, 07:46 PM

It is 50i and B locked so be careful
Jay G. (05-26-20)
Old 06-01-20, 10:35 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Zavvi's flat shipping rate to the US appears to now be 9.99 pounds. So unless there are super bargains or a very large order, I don't anticipate ordering from them. Unlike Amazon.UK, Zavvi does not remove VAT from their online prices.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.