Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Big Lots Blu-rays

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-23, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 809 Likes on 683 Posts
Re: Big Lots Blu-rays

Also the digital copy on Unsane doesn't work anymore. If you contact Universal, they'll give you a limited list of titles for a replacement digital copy.
The following users liked this post:
laidbacklarkin (02-04-23)
Old 02-05-23, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Clearance stickered, bought these:
  • Creed - $1.25
  • Sully - $1.25
  • BuyBust - $1.25
  • JarHead 2 - $0.75
  • Cloverfield - $0.75
Old 03-31-23, 06:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 378 Likes on 236 Posts

While I haven't seen anything new at the local Big Lots, perhaps this tidbit could be helpful to someone:

I typically decline the opportunity to donate at the register when the little screen prompts me to do so. A cashier told me this week that doing so will cause the register to spit out a $5 off $15 coupon. So today I chose to "round up" on the pad (only a quarter donation) and sure enough--received the coupon with an expiration date of 4/23.
The following 3 users liked this post by Cardsfan111:
BobO'Link (04-01-23), Brian T (04-02-23), PhantomStranger (04-03-23)
Old 04-05-23, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

All kinds of new stufff appearing at the local stores this week. Prices are all over the place. Certainly some things of interest. I'm listing what I noticed/recorded realizing not all of these are huge bargains. Yes, there was a 4K set in this batch. I haven't had the chance to compare the notes BobO'Link provided previously, but there's another Carol Burnett set in this group as well.

I had 2 $5 coupons on my account, so bought $10 worth of food and the Big Bang Theory set and Masterminds without any additional cost. Had the cashier round up my total and received another $5 off paper coupon, my 2nd of those.

$2.99
Act of Valor
Dragon Heart: Vengeance
Girls Trip
Just Mercy
Masterminds
Show Dogs
Teen Titals Go to the Movies

$3.99
Adrift
Godzilla
The House With a Clock in its Walls
Mile 22
Scoob

$4.99
Abominable
Beetlejuice
Bull Durham
City Slickers
Downton Abbey: The Motion Picture
Friday
Homefront/End of Watch
Oculus
Seven
The Train Robbers

$5.99
Clint Eastwood 4 Film Favorites - Enforcer/Firefox/Absolute Power/Sudden Impact

$6.99
Sherlock: Season 1 (4K)

$7.99
Twilight Zone: Season 2

$9.99
Beauty in the Beast (original - 25th anniversary)
Peter Pan (Anniversary Edition)

The ones below are **DVD**

$3.99
Paw Patrol DVD/Book Gift Set

$4.99
Atomic Blonde/Lucy
Blade Trilogy
Crocodile Dundee I/II
Daddy's Home I/II
Jack Black 3 Film Collection
Superman: The Animated Series: Volume 2
Trolls: Seasons 1-4 (26 episodes)
We're the Millers/Vacation

$5.99
Carol Burnett Show: Lost Episodes (6 disc/16 episodes)
Jack Reacher 2-Movie Collection
Lemony Snicketts/Spiderwick Chronicles/Hugo
Looming Tower: Series
Mark Wahlberg Movie Collection (4 films)
Zac Efron Collection (5 films)

$6.99
Big Bang Theory: Season 12
4 Movie Comedy Collection - Life/Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins/Bulletproof Major Payne
John Wayne 3 Movie Action Pack

$9.99
Mission Impossible Seasons 1-3
miller_time22 (04-06-23)
Old 04-08-23, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111
While I haven't seen anything new at the local Big Lots, perhaps this tidbit could be helpful to someone:

I typically decline the opportunity to donate at the register when the little screen prompts me to do so. A cashier told me this week that doing so will cause the register to spit out a $5 off $15 coupon. So today I chose to "round up" on the pad (only a quarter donation) and sure enough--received the coupon with an expiration date of 4/23.
Visited a store out of town and actually saw a sign near the register promoting this "deal". It indicated it was taking place thru April 16th, so plenty of time to take advantage of it should you wish to do so.
Old 04-09-23, 02:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 124 Likes on 98 Posts

I really should take a trip there with the current $10 off of $20; but it's been so long since I found anything (not just movies) worth buying at BL or $T, that with Covid still running rampant I try to limit myself to stores that I really need to go to.

I've also got thousands of unexpected expenses coming up (a cat's tooth cleaning & two pieces of very expensive broken audio equipment that both need very expensive repairs; I don't have a definite total yet), & I am really trying to watch my finances. Like everyone, the food & gas inflation is also really tough on my finances.
Old 04-11-23, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I have a hunch there might be some new stuff about to appear. My closest store hasn't even put the latest batch out yet, however there was a sign today next to the existing displays which had DVDs $2.50 (with $5 slashed out) while the other side had DVDs $1.75 (with $7 slashed out).

At first, I thought this might mean current titles were discounted. But there's hardly anything priced at $7. The only things around at that price are the God's Not Dead collection and the previously viewed Marvel/Star Wars BDs.

I took a closer look at the sign and at the bottom, it says 4/10 waterfall or something like it. So I believe there might be a new display to make an appearance with some $2.50/$1.75 stuff. Maybe I'm wrong, and maybe it's just DVDs only. But I'll probably try to keep an eye open in the days ahead.

Yes, I could have asked an employee. But the odds of them having any information about this is usually slim.
Old 04-19-23, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

E-mail from Big Lots: Deal of the Day (today only): Buy 1 DVD, get 3 free! Limit 8 total (buy 2, get 6 free).

Wow, this is huge, depending on what qualifies (BDs/Sets, etc). I still have several $5 coupons in hand as well.
Old 04-19-23, 08:42 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

E-mail from Big Lots: Deal of the Day (today only): Buy 1 DVD, get 3 free! Limit 8 total (buy 2, get 6 free).

Wow, this is huge, depending on what qualifies (BDs/Sets, etc). I still have several $5 coupons in hand as well.
I'm hoping this includes BDs.
Old 04-19-23, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 649 Likes on 471 Posts

I was just in the local store yesterday and looked over the DVD/BR offerings... and came up pretty empty. Possible a couple of things but don't know if I already own them for sure (took notes but didn't check last night when I got home). I, too, have a couple of $5 coupons but really wouldn't be able to get to the $15 minimum with just DVD/BR purchases. I'll *still* swing by just in case - and I overheard a checker saying they're starting inventory at this store today...
Originally Posted by conehead433
I'm hoping this includes BDs.
It usually does - has in the past. You might have to convince the checker to ring them up though as I've had them tell me before that something wouldn't qualify (qualifiers for BxGx offers, getting/using a BR for an offer instead of a DVD though BR isn't specifically mentioned, and coupon stacking) when it would.
Old 04-19-23, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

1 day sale today: buy 1 get 3 free. The sale states "dvd"; but I just called the local store & they said blu's are included.
Old 04-19-23, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
1 day sale today: buy 1 get 3 free. The sale states "dvd"; but I just called the local store & they said blu's are included.
I opted to not bother as I really didn't find anything yesterday. I considered getting 4 or 8 cheap BRs just for the cases to replace broken ones on other releases but just don't want to bother...
Old 04-19-23, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I went to the closest one. I was there the other day & was surprised that little had sold today. While there was nothing i would have paid full price for, with the sale/discount I picked up 8 (& only discovered that i already owned 2 when I got home, yay!).

Blu's & cd's are included. They seemed to actually be taking a varying discount off each disc (the receipt shows the discount, & it is not 75%). I paid $14.98 + tax for what would have been a regular price of $40.22.There were a few tv box sets, I got 2: Flintstones S01 & Handmaiden's Tale S01. Mixing blu & dvd is ok. sale ends at closing tonight.

Blu-ray:
Platoon $1.22
Godfather (I already owned this) $1.78
Hotel Transylvania 1 & 2 (I already owned this) $2.04
Handmaid's Tale S01 $3.57
Underworld: Blood Wars $1.79

DVD
Silence of The Lambs $0.51
Trumbo $1.22
Flintstones S01 $2.85

Last edited by MooMooMooMoo; 04-19-23 at 07:33 PM.
Old 04-19-23, 11:31 PM
Cool New Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was surprised to find 8 disks including the first 4k I've seen at Big Lots. Not sure exactly how the discount worked but it averaged out to 72%.

Sherlock Season One (2 disks)
Blu-Ray
Snowden
Rocky (upgrade)
Bull Durham (upgrade)
Train Robbers (upgrade)
4 film favorites Clint Eastwood: Enforcer, Sudden Impact, Firefox, Absolute Power (all upgrade)
Dvd's
The Looming Tower (mini-series)
Throw Momma From the Train

All for $11.98--not bad.
DiggityDawg (04-20-23)
Old 04-20-23, 12:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The e-mail arrived right before I left for a prescheduled trip out-of-town, which gave me the chance to stop by 5 locations while on the road. Only 1 was a complete waste of time. Otherwise, grabbed quite a bit.

Scoob! (BD) - $3.99
Lego:Batman the Movie: DC Super Heroes Unite (BD) - FREE
Teen Titans Go! To the Movies (BD) - FREE
Batman vs Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - FREE

A.D. The Bible Continues (BD) - $7.99
Lethal Weapon: Season 1 - FREE
Queen Sugar: Season 1 - FREE
Riverdale: Season 1 - FREE
**Used $5 off coupon as well**

Abominable (BD) - $4.99
Homefront / End of Watch (BD) - FREE
The Train Robbers (BD) - FREE
Superman: The Animated Series: Vol. 2 - FREE

DC's Legends of Tomorrow: Season 2 - $8.00
Supergirl: Season 2 - FREE
The Twilight Zone: Season 2 (BD) - FREE
Sherlock: Season 1 (4K) - FREE

Blindspot: Season 1 - $8.00
Fuller House :Season 1 - FREE
The Looming Tower: Limited Series - FREE
The Carol Burnett Show: Lost Episodes - FREE

Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol (Steelbook BD) - $5.00
Smokey and the Bandit (BD) - FREE
Paranormal Activity (3 Movie Collection - BD) - FREE
King Kong (Triple Feature) - FREE
Old 04-20-23, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The e-mail arrived right before I left for a prescheduled trip out-of-town, which gave me the chance to stop by 5 locations while on the road. Only 1 was a complete waste of time. Otherwise, grabbed quite a bit.

Scoob! (BD) - $3.99
Lego:Batman the Movie: DC Super Heroes Unite (BD) - FREE
Teen Titans Go! To the Movies (BD) - FREE
Batman vs Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - FREE

A.D. The Bible Continues (BD) - $7.99
Lethal Weapon: Season 1 - FREE
Queen Sugar: Season 1 - FREE
Riverdale: Season 1 - FREE

Abominable (BD) - $4.99
Homefront / End of Watch (BD) - FREE
The Train Robbers (BD) - FREE
Superman: The Animated Series: Vol. 2 - FREE

DC's Legends of Tomorrow: Season 2 - $8.00
Supergirl: Season 2 - FREE
The Twilight Zone: Season 2 (BD) - FREE
Sherlock: Season 1 (4K) - FREE

Blindspot: Season 1 - $8.00
Fuller House :Season 1 - FREE
The Looming Tower: Limited Series - FREE
The Carol Burnett Show: Lost Episodes - FREE

Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol (Steelbook BD) - $5.00
Smokey and the Bandit (BD) - FREE
Paranormal Activity (3 Movie Collection - BD) - FREE
King Kong (Triple Feature) - FREE
Interesting that your store honored the deal, & mine gave a large discount but didn't honor the advertisement.
Old 04-20-23, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Interesting that your store honored the deal, & mine gave a large discount but didn't honor the advertisement.
I'd bet they pro-rated the discount among the titles and that if you add up the discount given on each grouping of 4 titles it'd be the full price of the most expensive item in that group.
Old 04-21-23, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
I'd bet they pro-rated the discount among the titles and that if you add up the discount given on each grouping of 4 titles it'd be the full price of the most expensive item in that group.
THey actually listed a price for each movie on the receipt. I decided not to bitch, but it was closer to 62% off then 75%.
Old 04-21-23, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'll point out that I didn't examine my receipt too closely, and perhaps I need to go back and check. I do remember the first time I checked out, I had 4 different titles at $4.99 and as soon as the last one was scanned, my total price was $5.xx, so I assumed it was automatically making the adjustment correctly.
Old 04-22-23, 09:24 AM

I bought 8 movies on that special.....ended up being pro-rated charged for each "free" one. I went back, made my case and was refunded back the difference. Seems like it was more of a sham than a deal!!
Old 04-22-23, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

THey actually listed a price for each movie on the receipt. I decided not to bitch, but it was closer to 62% off then 75%.
Originally Posted by ReelFlick
I bought 8 movies on that special.....ended up being pro-rated charged for each "free" one. I went back, made my case and was refunded back the difference. Seems like it was more of a sham than a deal!!
If you then didn't pay *full* price for the qualifying title then you ripped them off.

Prorating the cost is how they do them on the receipt just in case you try to return the qualifying title and keep the free ones. Target does the same thing with their sales that involve a full price purchase to get a discounted item - the cost of the items minus the discount is prorated across the purchase of all those items. It protects the merchant against fraudsters. Many vendors do it where if you return the qualifying item then they deduct the full discount amount from that item before issuing a refund - which can actually cost you money if the discount was more than the price of that qualifier (as it could well be with that BL sale).

Again... add up the discounted amounts and check them against the qualifying title. You should find the discount amouts add up to that cost It's *not* 75% off *unless* all four titles were the same amount. If any of them has a lower cost than the qualifying title then that discount will be less.
Old 04-22-23, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
If you then didn't pay *full* price for the qualifying title then you ripped them off.

Prorating the cost is how they do them on the receipt just in case you try to return the qualifying title and keep the free ones. Target does the same thing with their sales that involve a full price purchase to get a discounted item - the cost of the items minus the discount is prorated across the purchase of all those items. It protects the merchant against fraudsters. Many vendors do it where if you return the qualifying item then they deduct the full discount amount from that item before issuing a refund - which can actually cost you money if the discount was more than the price of that qualifier (as it could well be with that BL sale).

Again... add up the discounted amounts and check them against the qualifying title. You should find the discount amouts add up to that cost It's *not* 75% off *unless* all four titles were the same amount. If any of them has a lower cost than the qualifying title then that discount will be less.
I DID pay for the 2 full-priced DVD's. The difference I was refunded was for the "pro-rated" ones which were supposed to be free. My 2 highest priced DVD's did ring up correct and I paid for those. However, I was charged for an extra $9 over that total. They ripped me off.
MooMooMooMoo (04-23-23)
Old 04-23-23, 08:06 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Dam it been long time since got any media at big lots since last i got media was dollar tree like 3 movies which was a mix but good stuff in ways. but since gotta move anytime later i really gotta limit what i get if ever till all moved and set.
Old 04-25-23, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 809 Likes on 683 Posts

I wonder if this is Big Lots way of getting out of physical media?
The following 2 users liked this post by PhantomStranger:
MooMooMooMoo (04-26-23), Tom Pennock (09-17-23)
Old 04-26-23, 02:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I wonder if this is Big Lots way of getting out of physical media?
I was wondering the same thing. I suspect we'll know soon.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.