Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

$3 off Astro Boy (Smart Source insert)

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-10, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: $3 off Astro Boy (Smart Source insert)

Originally Posted by runner001
It scanned and prompted for a dollar amount. She entered $16 and I was out the door for $3.96 before taxes and $5.58 total for the BD.
Wow, you guys must pay alot in sales tax? I had the same experience, but I paid $4.21 after tax. Now I'll have to return the copy from Target that I paid $13.99 plus tax for.
Old 03-19-10, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Rammsteinfan
You should see the people over at the blu-ray.com forums... they are on the verge of wanting to lynch people for mis-using the coupon by only buying one title. They place is starting to scare me and I only joined like 2 days ago..
We may be using it not as originally intended, but the way I justify it is that it scans, it is vague and poorly worded leaving it open for interpretation and the stores are accepting it. If we had been pressuring them to take it after it wouldn't scan that is a different matter.
Old 03-19-10, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by sotra
Wow, you guys must pay alot in sales tax? I had the same experience, but I paid $4.21 after tax. Now I'll have to return the copy from Target that I paid $13.99 plus tax for.
We probably have better public schools than you do in your area.

For example, I was taught not to use a question mark when not asking a question.

TLK
Old 03-19-10, 11:43 PM

You should see the people over at the blu-ray.com forums... they are on the verge of wanting to lynch people for mis-using the coupon by only buying one title. They place is starting to scare me and I only joined like 2 days ago..
I joined blu-ray.com two weeks ago, and thus far, I've been reprimanded by the mods there twice. By way of contrast, in over four years here at DVDTalk, I"ve never been reprimanded.

TLK
Old 03-19-10, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by The Lizard King
I joined blu-ray.com two weeks ago, and thus far, I've been reprimanded by the mods there twice. By way of contrast, in over four years here at DVDTalk, I"ve never been reprimanded.

TLK
I do like the avatar that you have over there.
Old 03-19-10, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Tax is computed before the coupon is taken off. In the infamous Up/Monsters Inc. deal last fall, I paid more in tax ($1.74) than the item ($.98) for $2.72 total.
Old 03-20-10, 12:01 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

TLK
Yeah, I've gotten sick of the "coupon lynch mob" over there telling us that we're immoral, illegal and scam artists who deserve to be lynched for taking advantage of a very poorly worded coupon that scans properly. Hell , they're lynching people for even using a coupon anymore it seems. There's people saying that you can't use a coupon AND get a discount from the store (aka targets $10 off toy story 1 and 2 if you get both). We had 2 guys actually contact Disney to tell them that people were "abusing" their coupons.
Old 03-20-10, 01:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I held off so long in joining their forum and I should have stayed away. Been here for 9 years on dvdtalk and no issues and much more loving bunch.

Anyone pay over 9.75% sales tax? Thats what ours is now
Old 03-20-10, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

We probably have better public schools than you do in your area.

For example, I was taught not to use a question mark when not asking a question.

TLK
That's what I get for using my chubby fingers on my ipod touch. That was supposed to be a ! and not a ? (right next to each other on my screen). So, nothing to do with the public school system here and besides I'm Norwegian and had an excellent education (I think my English is fairly good if I may say so considering it is not my native language). Anyway, I should NOT write posts on here right before bed and especially not after a 14 hour shift and going to Alice in Wonderland with my son
Old 03-20-10, 03:12 PM

The stupid website won't print for me! Ugh.
Old 03-20-10, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Kory
Try IE. FF was a no go for me.
Old 03-20-10, 04:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Correct on my end also.
Old 03-20-10, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dkedvd
You can use the $16.00 redplum.com coupon for the four individual titles at Target (maybe other stores) YManagerMV. Its supposed to be for $16.00 off when you buy Astro Boy, New Moon, Twilight In Forks, & Bandslam together but due to bad wording on the coupon some stores are accepting them for each of the four individual titles. So that's $16.00 off per title. Thus how I (and others) got Astro Boy (DVD) today for only $3.99. Ohh and the coupon is for both DVD or Blu-ray. So your choice.
Yeah I just used the coupon 3 TIMES today for the multiple Twilight New Moon releases,and bought the Target & Wal-Mart Blu-Rays and the Borders DVD ad saved $48!!!!
Old 03-20-10, 07:17 PM

Tried this and it worked. Thanks. I was able to use both coupons at Walmart and got the Blu-ray for $0.96 plus tax.
Old 03-20-10, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I held off so long in joining their forum and I should have stayed away. Been here for 9 years on dvdtalk and no issues and much more loving bunch.

Anyone pay over 9.75% sales tax? Thats what ours is now
try 10.75% at one of the tarjays i frequent pftt.
Old 03-20-10, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by wormraper
Yeah, I've gotten sick of the "coupon lynch mob" over there telling us that we're immoral, illegal and scam artists who deserve to be lynched for taking advantage of a very poorly worded coupon that scans properly. Hell , they're lynching people for even using a coupon anymore it seems. There's people saying that you can't use a coupon AND get a discount from the store (aka targets $10 off toy story 1 and 2 if you get both). We had 2 guys actually contact Disney to tell them that people were "abusing" their coupons.
This is probably why Disney will send my me $8 e-coupons (upgrade from DVD to BD) for Toy Story and Toy Story 2 until after next Saturday.

Well, I wouldn't have gotten my Presumed Innocent/Frantic slipcover from you if'n I hadn't joined. So, all not completely bad over there!

TLK

Last edited by The Lizard King; 03-20-10 at 09:01 PM.
Old 03-21-10, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 740 Likes on 366 Posts

Almost got away with using the $16 coupon for the New Moon Ultimate Fan Edition BD at Wal-Mart. The cashier rang it up, scanned the coupon, and was ready to give it to me, but when the register asked her to enter the amount, she entered 24.96, the full amount of the BD. So it rang up as free. She knew that wasn't right, so she called over a manager, who helped her void it, and then she rang it up and took the $16 off, but while we were in the process of doing all that, another cashier came up and looked at the coupon, and she pointed out that it appeared to be meant for all 4. I played dumb, and said that it didn't say "and" or "all" anywhere on the coupon, and they agreed, but they wouldn't ring it after that.

So if she had just entered the 16 the first time, I would've been through there easy, but no dice. She was still very nice to me, and didn't treat me like I was trying to scam them, so I didn't push the issue, I just didn't buy it (It's for my wife, and she already picked up the Target edition DVD--she wants to be able to watch it in the bedroom, and we don't have a BD player in there--but I figured if I could score the Walmart BD for only 9 bucks then I'd buy it. Not gonna spend another $25 on top of the $20 she already spent on the Target DVD.)

Last edited by Obi-Wanma; 03-21-10 at 01:14 PM.
Old 03-21-10, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by TNAJason
Yeah I just used the coupon 3 TIMES today for the multiple Twilight New Moon releases,and bought the Target & Wal-Mart Blu-Rays and the Borders DVD ad saved $48!!!!
What does Borders have for New Moon?
Old 03-21-10, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Worms
Correct on my end also.
Tried this and it worked. Thanks...

I tried both browsers and still no luck.

I get through the entire install process, and it says "Installed Successfully!". I then go back to print selected, and the box keeps popping up saying "coupon printer not installed". I can even see it under control panel, installed programs.

I noticed in the FAQ that it does not list Windows 7 as a supported OS. Has anyone had success installing/printing in Windows 7? Thanks.
Old 03-21-10, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

printed and redeemed using win7
Old 03-21-10, 05:07 PM

I'm on Windows 7 64 Bit. It didn't work in the 64 Bit IE though for some reason, but it worked in the standard one.
Old 03-21-10, 05:10 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts

Current Coupons Linked Below

Here are DVDTalk threads about the Toy Story $5 coupons, $10 coupons, and $8 coupons. Also pre-order both Toy Story combo packs at Toys-R-Us in-store before Tuesday and get $20 (supposed to be $15, but glitching to $20) off any other Disney title, and TRU will be the best place to buy them anyway.

Old 03-21-10, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
I tried both browsers and still no luck.

I get through the entire install process, and it says "Installed Successfully!". I then go back to print selected, and the box keeps popping up saying "coupon printer not installed". I can even see it under control panel, installed programs.

I noticed in the FAQ that it does not list Windows 7 as a supported OS. Has anyone had success installing/printing in Windows 7? Thanks.
Try clicking the "compatibility mode" button in IE 8 (Regardless of OS). That may fix it, it may not.
Old 03-21-10, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

I'm on Windows 7 64 Bit. It didn't work in the 64 Bit IE though for some reason, but it worked in the standard one.
Thanks. I didn't realize there was a "standard one", but I found a MS support thread which explained how to find it.

Not to get too far OT, but IE8 (64) is not compatible with Adobe Flash, which is required by the coupon printer.
Old 03-21-10, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Went to 3 WMs & none had the BR of Twilight Saga: New Moon.

Found a Target with Deluxe version of BR, but checkout went wrong when the cashier tried to manually enter the $16 off - thus triggering a "Supervisor Approval" override. He came over, read the coupon & said it was for all 4 - I politely pointed out that "all", "and" or "for 4" was no where on the coupon verbage - wouldn't budge, so I walked out w/out it.

Found the DE at another Target & was going to checkout - while waiting, a supervisor looking employee motioned for me & the next customer to come to another register where she would check us out - figured the jig was up. Turned out to be the better of the deal - she rang up the BR, I handed her the coupon, she read it briefly, scanned it and then the register beeped (figured this was it) - apparently, the register wanted to know the $ amount of the coupon. She entered $16.00 and the system took it - no other problems.

Out the door with Target BR exclusive for $9+tax. I'm happy - could have maybe done Frys' version for $4, but this was ok.