Old Dogs, Princess & the Frog, Toy Story 1&2 $5/$10 Coupons

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Old Dogs, Princess & the Frog, Toy Story 1&2 $5/$10 Coupons

Old 02-11-10, 01:37 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ponyo, Old Dogs, Princess & the Frog, Toy Story 1&2 $5/$10 Coupons

Got this from Brana from FS forum.

www.PonyoCoupon.com - Save $10 off the BD Combo Pack with Coupon (Valid 3/2 - 3/7) (DEAD)

www.OldDogsCoupon.com - Save $10 off the BD Combo Pack with Coupon (Valid 3/9 - 3/16) (DEAD)

www.PrincessAndTheFrogCoupon.com - Save $10 off the BD Combo Pack with Coupon (Valid 3/16 - 3/21) (LIVE)

www.toystorysave5.com - Save $5 off the BD Combo Pack with Coupon (Valid 3/23 - 3/30) (LIVE)

This last one can be used off of each Toy Story so you would save $10 total. There is an additional offer in-store when you buy both Toy Stories at once you save $10 Instantly. So using the Instant in-store offer (don't need anything for this) and the Online Disney Coupon (must print this off and bring it in) you can save $20 if you buy Toy Story 1 and 2 on March 23rd. Not a bad little deal! Thought you guys would want to know

Last edited by iNCREDiPiNOY; 03-18-10 at 10:24 AM.
Old 02-11-10, 04:32 AM

Re: Old Dogs, Princess & the Frog, Toy Story 1&2 $5/$10 Coupons

nice. where will the save $10 instantly be? all stores?
Old 02-11-10, 05:42 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Awesome, we knew these were comming ofcourse but its nice to see the links.

now if bestbuy would only let us know if they are doing a pre order with free steelbook for princess and the frog.
Old 02-11-10, 05:44 AM

Participating store retailers.
Old 02-11-10, 05:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks! You've been on top of things lately. That's great!
Old 02-11-10, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by iNCREDiPiNOY
Got this from Brana from FS forum.

www.OldDogsCoupon.com - Save $10 off the BD Combo Pack with Coupon (Valid 3/9 - 3/16)

www.PrincessAndTheFrogCoupon.com - Save $10 off the BD Combo Pack with Coupon (Valid 3/16 - 3/21)

www.toystorysave5.com - Save $5 off the BD Combo Pack with Coupon (Valid 3/23 - 3/30)

This last one can be used off of each Toy Story so you would save $10 total. There is an additional offer in-store when you buy both Toy Stories at once you save $10 Instantly. So using the Instant in-store offer (don't need anything for this) and the Online Disney Coupon (must print this off and bring it in) you can save $20 if you buy Toy Story 1 and 2 on March 23rd. Not a bad little deal! Thought you guys would want to know

P.S. These coupons are not LIVE yet.
Page Not Found
Old 02-11-10, 08:12 AM

Nice, thanks for sharing. I was going to wait on the "Toy Story" sets for potential SteelBooks, but now I'm going to pick them up most likely, since with coupons and potential other first-week deals, they'll be cheaper than what I could sell them for. I'd be pissed if I passed on them and then no SteelBooks ever materialized. I wasn't going to pick up "Princess & The Frog" either but depending on retailer prices, this coupon might make it worth it.

Thanks again.
Old 02-11-10, 09:12 AM

There is also going to be one for Ponyo!

www.PonyoCoupon.com - Save $10 off the BD Combo Pack with Coupon (Valid 3/2 - 3/9)
Old 02-11-10, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Booth
There is also going to be one for Ponyo! ...
Sweet!!!
Old 02-11-10, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

www.PonyoCoupon.com - Save $10 off the BD Combo Pack with Coupon (Valid 3/2 - 3/9)
AWESOME!!!! Glad I didn't do that Amazon deal...
Old 02-11-10, 09:57 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 662 Likes on 444 Posts

I'm still getting 'page not found' for all of them. I'll try logging in to my disney account first. Yep, still no joy.

Last edited by Trevor; 02-11-10 at 10:01 AM.
Old 02-11-10, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Trevor
I'm still getting 'page not found' for all of them. I'll try logging in to my disney account first. Yep, still no joy.

Originally Posted by iNCREDiPiNOY

P.S. These coupons are not LIVE yet.
Old 02-11-10, 10:37 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 662 Likes on 444 Posts

^ Thanks. That's what I get for never learning how to read.
Old 02-11-10, 11:11 AM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 520 Likes on 457 Posts

Thanks for the heads-up.
Old 02-11-10, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Now it remains to be seen if Amazon learnt anything from the whole Up/MI fiasco and maybe work out something with Disney to have $5/$10 automatically taken off. That would save them alot of time answering emails
Old 02-11-10, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm surprised they offer these coupons on new releases. By that I mean, it makes sense to offer a coupon for Toy Story and Toy Story 2 on Blu-ray because a lot of people already own the DVDs. But for a movie like Princess & The Frog or Ponyo, which haven't been released on either, I am surprised they're offer the coupons. Good to know.

Hopefully Best Buy or Target offers a "Buy Toy Story and Toy Story 2 Offer" and I can use the coupon(s) with it. When I tried to do it at Best Buy for Monsters, Inc. & Up they wouldn't let me do it so I had to go back and do it again with a different cashier.
Old 02-11-10, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I completely expected these for Old Dogs, Princess & Frog, and the two Toy Story movies, but the Ponyo coupon is a happy surprise!!
Old 02-11-10, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by kstublen
I'm surprised they offer these coupons on new releases. By that I mean, it makes sense to offer a coupon for Toy Story and Toy Story 2 on Blu-ray because a lot of people already own the DVDs. But for a movie like Princess & The Frog or Ponyo, which haven't been released on either, I am surprised they're offer the coupons.
Why would you be surprised when this has been Disney's MO for the past year?

Disney has been offering coupons on just about all of their new release day and date titles for almost a year now: Bolt, Bedtime Stories, Hannah Montana, Jonas Brothers, G-Force, Up, Santa Buddies, Tinker Bell, Race To Witch Mountain, Earth, The Proposal, Surrogates, etc......

In fact, it has been their catalog releases (what few there have been) that have not gotten as many coupons in comparison....while a couple did (Snow White and Monsters Inc), there were no coupons for A Bug's Life, 10 Things I Hate About You, Sin City, Miracle, etc.....
Old 02-11-10, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WMAangel

Disney has been offering coupons on just about all of their new release day and date titles for almost a year now: Bolt, Bedtime Stories, Hannah Montana, Jonas Brothers, G-Force, Up, Santa Buddies, Tinker Bell, Race To Witch Mountain, Earth, The Proposal, Surrogates, etc......

In fact, it has been their catalog releases (what few there have been) that have not gotten as many coupons in comparison....while a couple did (Snow White and Monsters Inc), there were no coupons for A Bug's Life, 10 Things I Hate About You, Sin City, Miracle, etc.....
I'm saying it surprises me that they offer coupons for new releases period, not just these new releases. For as greedy a corporation as Disney is, it's nice that they offer coupons on brand new movies as well as older movies. That is something I wouldn't expect from Disney. I'm saying it now, but it surprised me in the past year as well.

The reason I think it makes more sense to offer coupons on movies that have previously been released on DVD and are now being upgraded to Blu-ray is so that people are incentivized to do get the replacement; with new releases there isn't that incentive because no one has the movie to begin with.
Old 02-11-10, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by kstublen
I'm saying it surprises me that they offer coupons for new releases period, not just these new releases. For as greedy a corporation as Disney is, it's nice that they offer coupons on brand new movies as well as older movies. That is something I wouldn't expect from Disney. I'm saying it now, but it surprised me in the past year as well.

The reason I think it makes more sense to offer coupons on movies that have previously been released on DVD and are now being upgraded to Blu-ray is so that people are incentivized to do get the replacement; with new releases there isn't that incentive because no one has the movie to begin with.
Trust me, I understand your logic...however Disney barely releases any catalog titles as it is, so coupons would be quite few and far between if they didn't offer them for new releases!
Also, the biggest driving force in the BD marketplace are these new day and date titles, which sell WAY better than the catalogs....it would appear that Disney is trying to further BD adoption by offering these discounts as even more incentive to get people on board with the Blu train...
Old 02-11-10, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by WMAangel

Actually, there was a coupon for 10 Things I Hate About You (you're talking about the 10th Anniversary dvd/blu, right?). Only problem was that it was inside the dvd/blu of the EXACT SAME DVD you just bought!
Old 02-11-10, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by erlong
Actually, there was a coupon for 10 Things I Hate About You (you're talking about the 10th Anniversary dvd/blu, right?). Only problem was that it was inside the dvd/blu of the EXACT SAME DVD you just bought!
Really? How much was the coupon for? I know Target will let you go back and give them a coupon after a purchase, for like a week afterwards. If it's $10 off the Blu-ray, that would be enough to get me to bite, assuming it hasn't already expired.
Old 02-12-10, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Kory
Really? How much was the coupon for? I know Target will let you go back and give them a coupon after a purchase, for like a week afterwards. If it's $10 off the Blu-ray, that would be enough to get me to bite, assuming it hasn't already expired.
It doesn't expire until 2/28/10, so you should be ok there. I gave my coupon away, so I don't remember if it specified dvd or blu. I paid $5 for it because I had Best Buy Rewards money, so the coupon was useless to me.
Old 02-13-10, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Disney does Blu right in so many ways. Thanks.
Old 02-13-10, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by NiCK Crush
Disney does Blu right in so many ways. Thanks.
They do, but if there is a complaint I have it is to do with the digital copy disc. With Final Destination 4 the digital copy was on the same disc as the DVD version.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.