Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Upgrade Disney Blu-ray and get $8 coupon

Old 12-07-09, 04:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Upgrade Disney Blu-ray and get $8 coupon per movie

http://disneyupgradetoblu.com/blu_ray/index.html

Disney Blu-ray Upgrade Program FAQ’s

Can I upgrade to a non-Disney title?
Currently only Disney titles are available in this upgrade program.

Can I enter more than one DVD with the same title for upgrade?
Yes. If you have your acceptable form of proof-of-purchase and an order slip for each DVD with the same title, then you can receive a coupon to upgrade any of the Disney movies available in the program. You can obtain a coupon for each title by following the procedures described in the Official Terms and Conditions. Limit one coupon per DVD.

How many eligible DVDs can I upgrade at a time?
There is no limit. You can upgrade as many eligible DVDs as you want.

Do I need to give up my DVD?
No. You only need to send in your acceptable form of proof-of-purchase and the order slip. You can keep your original DVD.

What is an acceptable form of my proof-of-purchase?
Your original UPC code or the original proof-of-purchase tab are acceptable forms of your proof-of-purchase. The proof-of-purchase tab and UPC code can be found on the back of the DVD cover sleeve. For box sets or collector’s editions, the proof-of-purchase tab and UPC code may be located inside the packaging.

Can I participate if I live outside the United States?
This program is currently available only in the United States and Canada (excluding Quebec).

Can I upgrade my DVD to a different movie on Blu-rayTM?
No. You may only upgrade from a DVD to the same movie on Blu-ray. However, other versions of the same film (e.g., 1-disc vs. 2-disc, Collector’s Editions, Box Sets, etc.) are acceptable.

Can I upgrade (or redeem for) a different version than the image on the website?
Yes. You can upgrade or redeem for a different version of the same movie on DVD. For example, you can upgrade the Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest 1-Disc DVD for the Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest 2-Disc Special Edition Blu-ray. The package images shown on the upgrade website refer to the movie in general rather than a specific version of the DVD or Blu-ray Disc™ available in the program. Eligible titles found at retail or in your collection may look different.

What if my movie doesn't appear on the website?
We’ve included all of our available Disney titles on Blu-ray. If you want to upgrade a Disney movie that does not appear on the site, it may not be available on Blu-ray yet or is currently not eligible for this offer. Please check back often as we will add titles and offers to the website as they become available.

How will I know the amount of my discount on the eligible DVD title I wish to upgrade to Blu-ray?
When you click “View My Cart,” you will be able to review the individual discount amounts you will receive for each Blu-ray version of the eligible DVD you’ve selected for upgrade.

Can I upgrade from a VHS version of a Disney movie?
No. This program is for DVD-to-Blu-ray upgrades only.

What happens after I complete my order?
Once you complete your order, print and mail your order slip and acceptable form of proof-of-purchase for each DVD submission you’ve selected for upgrade (Note: your original DVD(s) are yours to keep.) For each valid DVD submission, you’ll receive an email with a link to a printable coupon for a discount on the same film on Blu-ray Disc redeemable at participating retail locations.

Can I “log back in” after I have left the website to continue upgrading other DVDs?
No, because the website does not retain any information you have submitted after you have navigated away from the website. You will need to re-enter your information again.

Can I mail in the acceptable form of proof-of-purchase without the order slip?
No, because the order slip includes a bar code that contains your order and account information on it. Without it, our processing facility cannot fulfill your order.

Can I redeem my coupons online?
Currently this offer is only available offline at participating physical retail locations. Please check our website for a list of participating retailers or with your local retailer.

How long will it take to receive my Blu-ray coupon(s)?
Please allow 8-10 weeks for us to process your order slip (with the acceptable form of proof-of-purchase affixed) and email you the links to your printable coupons.

Do the coupons have an expiration date?
Yes. The coupons expire 30 days after they are printed.

Can I upgrade titles that are coming soon?
These titles won’t be available on Blu-ray until their release date, but you can start the upgrade mail-in process early. Just remember that the coupon expires 30 days after it’s printed, so don’t print it until the title has been released and you’re ready to redeem the coupon at a participating retailer.

What if I didn’t receive my coupons yet? Where can I go to get more information regarding this program?

You may contact [email protected] or call 1-888-278-6011 for questions regarding your order or if you need additional information regarding this program..

Last edited by Winky; 12-07-09 at 10:23 PM.
Old 12-07-09, 05:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Upgrade Disney Blu-ray and get $8 coupon

The real question is, what 30 day period will the blu's be the cheapest
Old 12-07-09, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Thanks for posting this. After reading all of that verbage, I think I finally understand it. It's not exactly obvious from the start.

You select several DVDs you want to upgrade to Blu-Ray, it gives you an order slip, you mail it in along with all of your POP tabs from the DVDs, 2 months later they send you $8 off Blu-Ray coupons for each, and then you have a whopping 30 days to use the coupons. Did I get it right?

My biggest problem with it is the 30 days. First, the Target $5 off BR coupon will be long dead before I'd get the coupons and who knows if during those 30 days there will be a B&M deal (as these coupons won't work online) that's good enough with the $8 off coupon? With all the sub $10 BRs I've gotten lately, I'd be hard pressed to pay more than $10 which would require stores to have them for $18 or less in a couple months... fat chance with all of the Christmas sales being over then. On some of them I might go as high as $12 ($20 before coupon).

So, probabilities are high that when I get the coupons the Disney BRs I want won't be on sale, so I think I'm better off waiting for some future sales. Thanks, Disney, but I'd need the coupons to be good for more like 90 days... or to work at online stores like Amazon. So I'll pass on this unless I hear some new details to change my mind.

Also, it will be interesting once the coupons start to arrive to see if Disney was smart enough to give them all unique barcodes tied to each person and their expiration. If not, then people will start posting them removing the need for others to send in their POPs.
Old 12-07-09, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The 30 day window and select retailers only removes any interest I might have had. I'm in no hurry with the few titles I would consider and Disney prices are often quite a bit higher at most stores so more savings will be had just by waiting for them to drop or some sales to be offered.
Old 12-07-09, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Manzana
Thanks for posting this. After reading all of that verbage, I think I finally understand it. It's not exactly obvious from the start.

You select several DVDs you want to upgrade to Blu-Ray, it gives you an order slip, you mail it in along with all of your POP tabs from the DVDs, 2 months later they send you $8 off Blu-Ray coupons for each, and then you have a whopping 30 days to use the coupons. Did I get it right?

My biggest problem with it is the 30 days. First, the Target $5 off BR coupon will be long dead before I'd get the coupons and who knows if during those 30 days there will be a B&M deal (as these coupons won't work online) that's good enough with the $8 off coupon? With all the sub $10 BRs I've gotten lately, I'd be hard pressed to pay more than $10 which would require stores to have them for $18 or less in a couple months... fat chance with all of the Christmas sales being over then. On some of them I might go as high as $12 ($20 before coupon).

So, probabilities are high that when I get the coupons the Disney BRs I want won't be on sale, so I think I'm better off waiting for some future sales. Thanks, Disney, but I'd need the coupons to be good for more like 90 days... or to work at online stores like Amazon. So I'll pass on this unless I hear some new details to change my mind.

Also, it will be interesting once the coupons start to arrive to see if Disney was smart enough to give them all unique barcodes tied to each person and their expiration. If not, then people will start posting them removing the need for others to send in their POPs.
After rereading it I noticed

"Do the coupons have an expiration date?
Yes. The coupons expire 30 days after they are printed. "

I wonder if you can send off for your PoP's, and leave the email containing the coupons in your inbox, and then print them off when they go on sale
Old 12-07-09, 06:30 PM
Suspended

Hmm. And what if you've *already* upgraded? Then I think you're SOL...
Old 12-07-09, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by acdcrocks1980

I wonder if you can send off for your PoP's, and leave the email containing the coupons in your inbox, and then print them off when they go on sale
Hmmm...good catch! Sounds like it might work!
Old 12-07-09, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by acdcrocks1980

It seems that way, but the question would be, can you print them individually or do you have to print them all at once? Since it says you can include movies that aren't out, yet, and can wait to print that coupon, then it's possible. Then another question would be how long do you have to print them before the link expires?

Right now, though, I only see 3 or 4 I would want to upgrade (A Bug's Life, Pirates 1 & 2 (I don't have the 3rd one, yet), and the first Narnia movie). A Bug's Life is $20, now, at Target, but will it stay that way for a while? If I had the $8 coupon, I might bite at $20 ($12 AC), but really not sure.
Old 12-07-09, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by obidawsn
It seems that way, but the question would be, can you print them individually or do you have to print them all at once? Since it says you can include movies that aren't out, yet, and can wait to print that coupon, then it's possible. Then another question would be how long do you have to print them before the link expires?

Right now, though, I only see 3 or 4 I would want to upgrade (A Bug's Life, Pirates 1 & 2 (I don't have the 3rd one, yet), and the first Narnia movie). A Bug's Life is $20, now, at Target, but will it stay that way for a while? If I had the $8 coupon, I might bite at $20 ($12 AC), but really not sure.
Would be nice if Target kept their $5 coupon, it would make it $7, and you could probably sell your DVD version for around 7 considering the Bluray comes with a DVD
Old 12-07-09, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So any upcoming Blu-ray releases, you'd be better off not waiting to use this program on, with all the $8-10 coupons Disney usually provides. Hell, I sold my Monsters Inc DVD on ebay for more than I paid for the Blu-ray that same week.
Old 12-08-09, 09:17 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,178 Likes on 833 Posts

wait...

Can I participate if I live outside the United States?
This program is currently available only in the United States and Canada (excluding Quebec).

Too bad the only titles I own that are eligible are the first Narnia and the first Pirates; neither of which I intend to upgrade.
Old 12-08-09, 09:57 AM

I've already bought EVERY Disney Blu that's available. So I'm SOL for this offer, correct? That really sucks. I've bought every dvd Disney has released from day 1, including the re-releases of each (yes, I'm a Disney fanatic). Just finished buying all of the blu-ray upgrades.
--Rick
Old 12-08-09, 10:51 AM

Mailed mine this morning
Old 12-08-09, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I was hoping this would be more like WB's program, where you PAY $8 to get the BD from Disney. I don't like the $8 coupon idea...
Old 12-08-09, 12:07 PM

I don't like the coupon idea either - I've had too many retailers give me a hard time about the current disney manufacturer coupons. I'd hate to cut up my DVDs, mail/wait 2 months only to be turned down. Not to mention a lot of the older titles can sell for $30 at B&M stores and $17-20 on Amazon.

I'd totally mail them in for a code valid on Amazon (or, like someone mentioned, a program like WB to 'buy' the blu rays at a discounted price)
Old 12-08-09, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 908 Likes on 643 Posts

I don't mind a coupon, it's the 30 day window to use it that is ridiculous.
Old 12-08-09, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hey guys A Bug's Life is on sale at Toy R' Us for $14.99 (add the target coupon & price-matching=$10).

Just be sure to good to target to get deal as Toy R' Us does not price-match.
Old 12-08-09, 02:40 PM

you could always hold off on doing this until the next major release is announced. then 3 months before the release date send all this in so you will have it time for the Disney sales they will be running around that release date

such a genius plan, but with my luck I would miss it by a day or two...makign it not so genius and taking too much thought.
Old 12-08-09, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 176 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by quid squid
you could always hold off on doing this until the next major release is announced. then 3 months before the release date send all this in so you will have it time for the Disney sales they will be running around that release date

such a genius plan, but with my luck I would miss it by a day or two...makign it not so genius and taking too much thought.
Here's a hint: Easter is second only to Christmas for kids home video sales. You can expect Disney to make a sales push then.
Old 12-08-09, 06:08 PM

Am I the only one who doesn't want to cut his POP's off of my DVD?

Hopefully these coupons they send out to people will be generic and can be scanned in.
Old 12-08-09, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 176 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by Isny
Am I the only one who doesn't want to cut his POP's off of my DVD?

Hopefully these coupons they send out to people will be generic and can be scanned in.
The nice thing about The Nightmare Before Christmas (collector's edition) and Wall-E (single-disc) is, they're not visible unless you open the packages. Those are the only two I'm willing to mutilate right now, although having slipcovers that will mask the damage might assuage my apprehensions for some titles. Then again, I'm also thinking that if we upgrade to Blu-ray, the DVD's might find their way to either our niece and nephew, or Half Price Books, and I won't have to see them anyway.
Old 12-08-09, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
I was hoping this would be more like WB's program, where you PAY $8 to get the BD from Disney. I don't like the $8 coupon idea...
Agreed. Totally lame. And there aren't enough title to choose from either.
Old 12-09-09, 04:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MinLShaw
Here's a hint: Easter is second only to Christmas for kids home video sales. You can expect Disney to make a sales push then.
Target has had a great sale on Disney movies the last couple of years around Easter. That will be perfect timing... or next Black Friday.
Old 12-09-09, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

I only own 6 of the films on DVD (The Pirates movies, Nightmare, Miracle and The Rookie). I really don't care about upgrading the last two.

I'm disappointed that they aren't adding in stuff from their sister studios like Miramax and Touchstone. I'd love to upgrade Nixon and Clerks at the very least.

But this whole program is rather disappointing. Warner is handling this much better with Red2Blu and DVD2Blu.

I just hope this program doesn't replace the great coupons they've been giving us. I'd love the $10 coupons for Toy Story 1 and 2 when they hit Blu next year.
Old 12-09-09, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by TheKing
I only own 6 of the films on DVD (The Pirates movies, Nightmare, Miracle and The Rookie). I really don't care about upgrading the last two.

I'm disappointed that they aren't adding in stuff from their sister studios like Miramax and Touchstone. I'd love to upgrade Nixon and Clerks at the very least.

But this whole program is rather disappointing. Warner is handling this much better with Red2Blu and DVD2Blu.

I just hope this program doesn't replace the great coupons they've been giving us. I'd love the $10 coupons for Toy Story 1 and 2 when they hit Blu next year.
My only gripe about Red2Blu is that they haven't updated it. I have yet to see Casablanca make it's return, since they only had it up there for a short time (and hasn't reappeared since the single disc edition came out,) or Willy Wonka.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.