Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Assassin's Creed: Valhalla

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-20, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts
Re: Assassin's Creed: Valhalla

Originally Posted by lopper
Don’t think I can overstate how much I dislike the ration/healing situation in this game.
Only 10 hours in, and this has honestly not been an issue for me at all.

Also, (while I started the game after the previous patch), I haven't had a single technical issue, be it a crash/blue screen, bad saves, AI issues, etc. (playing on standard PS4).
Old 12-07-20, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 916 Likes on 676 Posts

The rations also become much less an issue when you upgrade your pouch to hold more.
Old 12-07-20, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts

I’m 40 hrs in and still can’t hold more than three rations. Can’t find the fabric (?) that I need to upgrade. So that, and the fact that it feels like I have to go too far out of my way to refill my rations, are my biggest issues.

Old 12-07-20, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts

Seriously the rations / lack of healing is just an annoyance to me. How does it improve gameplay in any way over the last two iterations of the series? It just doesn't.
If they wanted to include that as an option, okay fine. But as it's implemented, it just makes the game less enjoyable to me. And the bird is SO lame now.
The fighting is actually better, so it bums me out that so many of the other changes are for the worse.
Old 12-07-20, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
Seriously the rations / lack of healing is just an annoyance to me. How does it improve gameplay in any way over the last two iterations of the series? It just doesn't.
If they wanted to include that as an option, okay fine. But as it's implemented, it just makes the game less enjoyable to me. And the bird is SO lame now.
The fighting is actually better, so it bums me out that so many of the other changes are for the worse.
100% agree. I find myself preferring to go back & finish all Odyssey DLC and play Origins rather than this. I try, but I just don't really like it.
Old 12-07-20, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 217 Likes on 130 Posts

FYI, for those curious about the ‘let the animus decide’ gender option, it apparently makes you female for the main part of the game and male for the trips to Asgard. I viewed the first Asgard section as playing as a different character entirely and didn’t even think about the fact that the game had done something different than if I’d just picked female.
Old 12-08-20, 03:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

I agree with the criticsms of the game. I almost never use the eagle unless its a last option for scouting a location. Its just totally useless now. They could have used a skill tree for the bird that you build up, but no. They just made it totally useless now. Stupid decision.

The fighting is fun, but i think i still prefer Odyssey. In that game i could be taking on 3 hunters, a whole platoon of soldiers and even groups of citizens (after i accidrntly kill one) at the same time. I had great fun seeing just how much i could take on at once and hold my own. This game you have fights with maybe 4 at most. Even during raids you only ever have a few enemies take you on at once. Not several (or more) at once.

The stickiness of the character to surfaces and ledges has really been a massive step back. Its as bad as it was in the old games. Origins and Odyssey made great steps in eliminating this. Its highly frustrating and takes away from the experience.
The following users liked this post:
K&AJones (12-08-20)
Old 12-08-20, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

I never use the bird... and that's a shame. Spotting was a great feature but having him attack and distract a guard was a great strategy.
Old 12-08-20, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts

I'm about 40 hours in and am enjoying the game as I did with the previous games.

The rations/healing part has only been an issue when I needed to heal and there were no rations around... didn't the previous games automatically heal you once you were out of danger?

I thought the meditation option would heal, but no, it only serves to pass time.

As for the bird, not as useful as the eagle in previous games, but I still use it to survey.
Old 12-09-20, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

Still cannot use the Wolf Ability...even after second upgrade...and I put something in the Player Support in Official Valhalla Forum but sadly a lot also had/have the same issue and no reply....

I got to try and use the Duel Spears...I'm at Level 200 and in a area of Level 160 and it pretty much took care of everyone including the Big Dudes with Shields and Banners...no-one even got close so I'll probably level up the one spear which is a Bronze and the other is already Gold. I put Speed Runes on them and yea, they're fast and reach....

Old 12-09-20, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by K&AJones
Still cannot use the Wolf Ability...even after second upgrade...and I put something in the Player Support in Official Valhalla Forum but sadly a lot also had/have the same issue and no reply....

I got to try and use the Duel Spears...I'm at Level 200 and in a area of Level 160 and it pretty much took care of everyone including the Big Dudes with Shields and Banners...no-one even got close so I'll probably level up the one spear which is a Bronze and the other is already Gold. I put Speed Runes on them and yea, they're fast and reach....
Someone asked me about this a couple of days ago and i had not used that Ability. I tried it and it worked fine for me, but i have read a lot are having issues with it. You're not missing out on much to be honest.

Good move with the spears. They rule in this game.
Old 12-09-20, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 916 Likes on 676 Posts

I still haven't strayed from the axe you start with and the Raven gear.

I guess you could say it's a complaint about the game. As long as you level your gear up, there's no need to hunt out other pieces or weapons.
Old 12-10-20, 06:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by james2025a
Someone asked me about this a couple of days ago and i had not used that Ability. I tried it and it worked fine for me, but i have read a lot are having issues with it. You're not missing out on much to be honest.

Good move with the spears. They rule in this game.

That was me who asked...had you in friends list I think from Ghost Recon Wildlands......what about the Dual Heavy Axes?....I found another yesterday...A Great Dane....that even with no upgrades the damage is already 102. Yea the speed is around 28-30 versus Speers at 50. But after adding a Speed Rune to the Spears, the Light Damage Attack is as fast or faster than Two Small Axes...it's usually three quick Light Attacks followed by a Heavy and it's a done deal. But curious as to using the Dual 2HD Axes....

Had two more Blue Screens....and once again either in the middle of a Cut Scene or this case, was at the end of a Castle Siege, about to go in a door for the final and without warning, slow down, lag, stuttering or anything...BAM, Blue Screen Error. So far that's around 12 Blue Screens all in the same instance...Cut Scene or at a vital time of a key part of an Alliance Mission....

I haven't upgraded the Hunter Tent yet but hit Level 5 of 6 on Settlement Standing....are the Legendary Animals a set Level or they related to the area/map they are in? Last one I tried I was at Level 160 I think and got wrecked. I've got about (5) marked on the map but for now avoiding them.
Old 12-10-20, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 217 Likes on 130 Posts

I finally hit my first bug last night. There’s a mystery in Lunden where an npc has loaded himself into a corner of his warehouse. You’re supposed to move jars and barriers around to clear a path for him to get out. Unfortunately, I didn’t talk to him before messing around in there and broke a couple of the jars. Now it’s glitched out where the barriers are all on top of jars, nothing can be moved and the npc won’t do anything after I talk to him, even though there’s a semi-path out. I tried breaking all the jars to get the barriers back into place, fast traveled away and came back. The barriers had reset on top of the jars, so it seems to just be broken. I guess 100%ing everything is now out of the question. Hopefully it gets fixed in a patch.
Old 12-10-20, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by K&AJones
That was me who asked...had you in friends list I think from Ghost Recon Wildlands......what about the Dual Heavy Axes?....I found another yesterday...A Great Dane....that even with no upgrades the damage is already 102. Yea the speed is around 28-30 versus Speers at 50. But after adding a Speed Rune to the Spears, the Light Damage Attack is as fast or faster than Two Small Axes...it's usually three quick Light Attacks followed by a Heavy and it's a done deal. But curious as to using the Dual 2HD Axes....

Had two more Blue Screens....and once again either in the middle of a Cut Scene or this case, was at the end of a Castle Siege, about to go in a door for the final and without warning, slow down, lag, stuttering or anything...BAM, Blue Screen Error. So far that's around 12 Blue Screens all in the same instance...Cut Scene or at a vital time of a key part of an Alliance Mission....

I haven't upgraded the Hunter Tent yet but hit Level 5 of 6 on Settlement Standing....are the Legendary Animals a set Level or they related to the area/map they are in? Last one I tried I was at Level 160 I think and got wrecked. I've got about (5) marked on the map but for now avoiding them.

Sorry mate. I thought it might have been you but wasnt sure. I have a number of friends on my PS list, but hardly any that i play with on a regular basis. I think i played with you more than just about anyone. Hard to match schedules with people. So when a message appears its rare and not always clear to remember who it is. Wish we had a decent game with Breakpoint so we could have gone through that together. Lets hope for Wildlands 2 on next/current gen.

I have not tried too many combos of weapons, and i should try it. I found the Odin Spear the other day and thats slow but has a longer reach than anything else i have found in the game. Enemies cant touch you with this thing. They just cant get close enough.

As for Legendary creatures, i think their level is not based on area, just set for each creature. The last one i took down was the huge stone like Bear in Jottenheim, which at level 400 i think is the strongest. Once you get to that level its not so much tough as time consuming to get their energy down. The large wolf at the end of Asgard was the same, but i dont think its level was as high, but took some hitting to get it down. And i left most of these until the very end. Ssme with the Witches. Got my ass kicked easy earlier on, so stepped away to build myself up before taking them on.

K&AJones (12-10-20)
Old 12-10-20, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts

So I guess your character's story doesn't end with the end of the base $60 game, as they mystery of (spoiler during animus section after first leaving Norway)
Spoiler:
your character's remains turning up in North America
won't be resolved until later DLC.
Old 12-10-20, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by slop101
So I guess your character's story doesn't end with the end of the base $60 game, as they mystery of (spoiler during animus section after first leaving Norway)
Spoiler:

Yeah i expect so. Maybe they could do a sequel during the Civil War. I would say a cowboy game, but after RDR2 i doubt they will go there. Shame as it could be cool. Have they ever touched on that era before?
Old 12-10-20, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'd like to see something with the Mayans or South American history.
dsa_shea (12-10-20)
Old 12-10-20, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

I'd love to see something during the zenith of the Aztecs with a fully constructed Tenochtitlan.
K&AJones (12-10-20)
Old 12-10-20, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I can get onboard with those ideas. Still many scenarios for future games. Hell a futuristic AC could be good at some point.
Old 12-10-20, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
I'd love to see something during the zenith of the Aztecs with a fully constructed Tenochtitlan.

I would say Old Japan but Ghost of Tsushima beat them to it...and in a solid way. In fact, no doubt Ghost 2 will be coming based off how they left the game off which will be interesting....probably a scenario with Shogun vs Mongols vs You in the middle
Old 12-11-20, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by slop101
Spoiler:

Thinking about this again and future DLC may not necessarily be the case as one of the lands that opens up during this game is the area you indicated. I played through it and its not large map/area and feels almost like a last second decison to include it, going as far as saying it feels almost out of place.
Old 12-11-20, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Anybody solve one of the Animus glitches yet?

It alludes to, IMO, the next AC might be
Spoiler:
in the future

Old 12-11-20, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Rob V
Anybody solve one of the Animus glitches yet?

It alludes to, IMO, the next AC might be
Spoiler:
in the future

I have gone through them all and saw the end video it plays after the final one is complete. Didnt get the feeling it was setting up a future setting, but to be honest i wasnt paying too much attention.
Old 12-12-20, 06:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Another Update is coming next week but no details as to what it's doing and covering...yet.....Assassin's Creed Valhalla's Second Big Update Arrives Next Week Assassin's Creed Valhalla's Second Big Update Arrives Next Week - Push Square

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.