Reload this Page >

Assassin's Creed: Valhalla

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Assassin's Creed: Valhalla

Old 12-25-20, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Re: Assassin's Creed: Valhalla

Got a lot done yesterday....fully equiped and almost maxed out the Mentor Armor....I've got 26 or 30 of the Order of Ancients Members....have about 6-7 Zealots left....finished Winchester and now have just two Regions left....along with the "Return to______"....and finally got Excalibur.

Don't know if just continue on Story or take a detour and deal with The Three Daughters first....
Old 12-25-20, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts

This game is $50 for the PS5 version right now for Boxing Day in Canada but I think Iíll hold off for now. Your assessments about this game right now doesnít make me want to play it.
Old 12-26-20, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 94 Likes on 72 Posts

Ugh. Why am I "drunk" whenever I start playing a game?
Old 12-26-20, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
Ugh. Why am I "drunk" whenever I start playing a game?
Because it is a bug from the last update.
Old 12-26-20, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 50 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by K&AJones View Post
Got a lot done yesterday....fully equiped and almost maxed out the Mentor Armor....I've got 26 or 30 of the Order of Ancients Members....have about 6-7 Zealots left....finished Winchester and now have just two Regions left....along with the "Return to______"....and finally got Excalibur.

Don't know if just continue on Story or take a detour and deal with The Three Daughters first....
Did you complete Thors armor and get Mjlonir yet? Also, Odins spear appears stuck in stone in a cave back in Norway.
Old 12-28-20, 06:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by james2025a View Post
Did you complete Thors armor and get Mjlonir yet? Also, Odins spear appears stuck in stone in a cave back in Norway.

Nope....in fact late yesterday was finally able to get back online. I live in Nashville....about 4 miles from downtown where that huge explosion went off Christmas Morning and caused all sorts of communications outages from WiFi, Landlines, Internet....it wass right in front of a major AT&T Data transmission Hub.

I went on and started The last of Us Part 2...I got it and just got to the first 5-10 minutes of the game and then lost internet.....I've avoided tips and clues to the Special Weapons and Armors. I only knew about Thor's Helment because I found the Statue and couldn't find The Dagger/Knives and then realized I was in a end game area....I was like Level 190 at the time. I opened up "The Return to ________" but at the time it was showing Level 330 and I was in 250 something so I went back on story and Alliances....
Old 12-28-20, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 72 Likes on 31 Posts

Wrapped this up last night with about 115 hours in it. It cemented its spot as my favorite in the series, slightly edging out Odyssey due to the story & setting. The Basim twist made me more interested in the modern day portions than any of the last half dozen or so of these.

A glitch on one mystery kept me from 100%ing the map, but I got all the mysteries, artifacts and treasures other than that one. I saw mjolnir, but wasnít able to get it at the time and donít care enough to go back with everything else wrapped up. I did pick up Excalibur, but by that point, I had switched to two maxed out daggers and those and the hunters bow stayed my favorites through the end.

I did seem to hit a lot more glitches in the last quarter of the game, including a really annoying one that made Fenrir take about 20 attempts and another that reset my quiver max to 12 after visiting North America. It seems like those types of annoyances are just a staple of modern gaming though, so itís hard to fault a particular game for a handful of smallish problems over such a long playthrough.
The following users liked this post:
K&AJones (01-10-21)
Old 01-09-21, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 50 Likes on 40 Posts

Not played since before Christmas (played tbe fist fight holiday mission... won the 10th and final fight and game crashed. About right). Did the fight again and the flaws in the mechanics here are soooooo bad. I was hoping an update over the holidays would eliminate these problems, but nope. I dont think i am going to waste any more time on trying to platinum it, and even on the fence about future DLC. Tjry are gonna have to be big improvements for me to take tjat step, especially if paid for.