Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Assassin's Creed: Valhalla

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-20, 07:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 119 Likes on 107 Posts
Re: Assassin's Creed: Valhalla

Got a lot done yesterday....fully equiped and almost maxed out the Mentor Armor....I've got 26 or 30 of the Order of Ancients Members....have about 6-7 Zealots left....finished Winchester and now have just two Regions left....along with the "Return to______"....and finally got Excalibur.

Don't know if just continue on Story or take a detour and deal with The Three Daughters first....
Old 12-25-20, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts

This game is $50 for the PS5 version right now for Boxing Day in Canada but I think I’ll hold off for now. Your assessments about this game right now doesn’t make me want to play it.
Old 12-26-20, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

Ugh. Why am I "drunk" whenever I start playing a game?
Old 12-26-20, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101
Ugh. Why am I "drunk" whenever I start playing a game?
Because it is a bug from the last update.
Old 12-26-20, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by K&AJones
Got a lot done yesterday....fully equiped and almost maxed out the Mentor Armor....I've got 26 or 30 of the Order of Ancients Members....have about 6-7 Zealots left....finished Winchester and now have just two Regions left....along with the "Return to______"....and finally got Excalibur.

Don't know if just continue on Story or take a detour and deal with The Three Daughters first....
Did you complete Thors armor and get Mjlonir yet? Also, Odins spear appears stuck in stone in a cave back in Norway.
Old 12-28-20, 05:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by james2025a
Did you complete Thors armor and get Mjlonir yet? Also, Odins spear appears stuck in stone in a cave back in Norway.

Nope....in fact late yesterday was finally able to get back online. I live in Nashville....about 4 miles from downtown where that huge explosion went off Christmas Morning and caused all sorts of communications outages from WiFi, Landlines, Internet....it wass right in front of a major AT&T Data transmission Hub.

I went on and started The last of Us Part 2...I got it and just got to the first 5-10 minutes of the game and then lost internet.....I've avoided tips and clues to the Special Weapons and Armors. I only knew about Thor's Helment because I found the Statue and couldn't find The Dagger/Knives and then realized I was in a end game area....I was like Level 190 at the time. I opened up "The Return to ________" but at the time it was showing Level 330 and I was in 250 something so I went back on story and Alliances....
Old 12-28-20, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 217 Likes on 130 Posts

Wrapped this up last night with about 115 hours in it. It cemented its spot as my favorite in the series, slightly edging out Odyssey due to the story & setting. The Basim twist made me more interested in the modern day portions than any of the last half dozen or so of these.

A glitch on one mystery kept me from 100%ing the map, but I got all the mysteries, artifacts and treasures other than that one. I saw mjolnir, but wasn’t able to get it at the time and don’t care enough to go back with everything else wrapped up. I did pick up Excalibur, but by that point, I had switched to two maxed out daggers and those and the hunters bow stayed my favorites through the end.

I did seem to hit a lot more glitches in the last quarter of the game, including a really annoying one that made Fenrir take about 20 attempts and another that reset my quiver max to 12 after visiting North America. It seems like those types of annoyances are just a staple of modern gaming though, so it’s hard to fault a particular game for a handful of smallish problems over such a long playthrough.
The following users liked this post:
K&AJones (01-10-21)
Old 01-09-21, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Not played since before Christmas (played tbe fist fight holiday mission... won the 10th and final fight and game crashed. About right). Did the fight again and the flaws in the mechanics here are soooooo bad. I was hoping an update over the holidays would eliminate these problems, but nope. I dont think i am going to waste any more time on trying to platinum it, and even on the fence about future DLC. Tjry are gonna have to be big improvements for me to take tjat step, especially if paid for.
Old 02-08-21, 02:07 PM
Cool New Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know I’m behind but I had to finish Watch Dogs legion which was really good.

so I have set up land in England and gone on my first raid. Coming back I want to get some wealth and to do this it looks like I have to shoot the lock. The problem is Orin’s eye never works for me. I keep pressing the right stick down like it says and nothing happens. Players don’t light up or hints either. Is there a fix for this?
Old 02-09-21, 07:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

Is Orin's Eye something you have to unlock thru the skill tree? I simply don't remember but that might be the case...

I'm around level 190 now and loving this game more than ever. I can forgive that the bird is mostly useless but I did purchase a raven from the boy in my settlement -- this raven can spot treasures and other desirables. I think it was 150 opals. I think my only real gripe with the game is how goddam stubborn the horse is. It will swim thru a deep river but it won't jump off a 5' ledge. I wish that would get fixed... I loved jumping off mountain tops in Odyssey only to have the horse die and I walk away unscathed... 30 seconds later, I call my horse to come get me again lol
Old 02-09-21, 07:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 907 Likes on 669 Posts

I need to get back into this game. I put it down for Cyberpunk and now the new Y's game is out. Too much
Old 02-10-21, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm honestly getting a little burned out with it. I feel like I am getting side tracked with everything, but it feels like I am doing the same thing over and over. It is fun, but just a little bloated IMO.
Old 02-10-21, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by steebo777
I'm honestly getting a little burned out with it. I feel like I am getting side tracked with everything, but it feels like I am doing the same thing over and over. It is fun, but just a little bloated IMO.
That's the AC way... I try not to venture too far out to find gold or side missions as you will probably come across them thru the progress of the game. I'm really enjoying the story so far but I have no idea how far into the game I actually am.
Old 02-14-21, 05:18 PM
Cool New Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I’m at level 60 and all the raids are in the 120’s and up so I’m doing the contracts for now. I feel like I’m just running around most of the time. I can’t do the quest by drinking her potion because it recommends level 90. Guess I’ll just keep roaming lol
Old 02-15-21, 07:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

just play the main missions... the potion quests suck, IMO. There should be some area's you can "pledge" to (at your level) and push your character up faster. Just running around to do contracts is kind of a waste of your time and not necessary.
Pnwrainman (02-15-21)
Old 02-15-21, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

Yeah, just work your way through the alliance map/missions by level, and you should have most, if not all, of the maps explored and will have leveled up accordingly. Instead of wandering around on your own between those missions, do so during those missions within the areas those missions take place, and the game will feel less redundant/bloated than it will otherwise.
Old 02-16-21, 07:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

anyone else getting the "you must be anonymous" bug? I've seen it a few times now... drives me nuts. I can't complete a side mission, have to quit the game and go back in and restart the mission.
Old 03-01-21, 07:59 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts

is it worth getting now at $60 for Gold digital? don't think i will play for sometime, but sometimes content leaves or whatever. wondering if i should bite now or wait. thanks.
Old 03-01-21, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,178 Likes on 4,207 Posts

It will be on sale again, and probably for less.
I didn't like what I played of the game. Felt like a big step backwards compared to Origins and Odyssey.
It's still a solid game and looks good in Next Gen, but if you are worried that you'll never see it this low again, I wouldn't. You should be okay with waiting a while.
Old 03-01-21, 08:15 PM

k. thanks Deck.
Old 03-02-21, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by OldBoy
is it worth getting now at $60 for Gold digital? don't think i will play for sometime, but sometimes content leaves or whatever. wondering if i should bite now or wait. thanks.
I would definitely wait since you're not playing right away. This will definitely be cheaper in the coming months.

I had just wrapped up Odyssey when I started playing this and felt like it was a step down intiially... That said, the gameplay has definitely grown on me and I feel like I appreciate Odin's Sense more that using the bird to highlight the bad guys. I kinda wish both were an option.
Old 03-02-21, 07:01 PM

Yeah, I think I’ll start this up before I go back to odyssey. I think I’m more interested in this era, but we’ll see.
Old 03-14-21, 01:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm about to call it quits on this...all because of One Witch...Goneil the Poison One. I've fought her close to 40 times and lost almost at the same spot and time; when I have her down to the last 20-25 of her health in the second part. I've watched a few videos and I can tell you right now, the Witch I'm fighting does far more Red Attacks and spaming her 'Ghost" than what I've seen in those videos. She has a "Red Attack" about 90% of the time...I'm lucky to get a few Parry's in period which means most of my attacks come from a quick dodge. First half of her is no problem; it's the Second half and she just spams that Ghost and between that and her Red Attacks it sucks my stamina which leaves me open to die which happens at the 20-25% mark everytime....She's become worse than any Bloodborne Boss.

it's not gear because I've tried everything and no matter what, same spot on the graph I end up dying. It's just what she's doing in the second half is no-where near what I've seen in videos which make it look like a piece of cake...other two already done...one took 3 tries and the other 10

UPDATED....I finally got to beating her....I went back and put every light armor piece...Mentor...I could, loaded up on Health, Armor, Poison Resit Runes, Stun and Block on Shield and Elite, Light, and heavy on Weapon....the Light Armor probably gave me a small but need stamina to do more dodging in that second part....I'd say the term...Relentless....comes to mind in that last half especially at the end...Thor's Outfit is complete and now to use it for the last two areas and Legendary Animals.....

Last edited by K&AJones; 03-14-21 at 10:44 AM.
Old 03-19-21, 07:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I've finished the Main Story, took care of the tree Witches...what a freaking pain...but I have one problem and not sure if its minor or stuck or comes later.....all I have is The Father in The Order along with three Templars. But, it's telling me for the last clue I need to finish the story which I did...and showing all areas on the Alliance Map completed. I still have some areas/places to hit in that last major area...Level 340 I think...and something tells me there might be a Note in some Abby or Cathedral just lying around. I'm trying to advoid any spoilers or sites about the ending on the Order....
Old 03-19-21, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

^^ I think that's a well known bug... my buddy had this happen too.

Edit: Ok, so perhaps this isn't a bug. He said he had to go visit Randvi again and then travel to the most western part of the map to complete the arc. So most likely you need to find a spot you hadn't been to before?

Last edited by Rob V; 03-19-21 at 08:23 AM.
K&AJones (03-19-21)

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.