Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re: The PlayStation 4 / PS4 Thread: Still Going Strong

Comcast can eat a fat dick.
Old 03-03-15, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,659 Likes on 1,035 Posts

Originally Posted by K&AJones
I wouldn't mind getting helldivers one bit but about every trailer and in game footage of the game shows four players and it's no cakewalk. in fact I believe the Devs picked the name Helldivers for that very reason. If some are on board and want to give it a go fine I'm in.
I watched the Giant Bomb crew play it and while it looked fun, they were friendly-firing the crap out of each other. You really have to be careful about where you are shooting. Looks cool but probably better for a college dorm room so you can be with friends and yell directly in their faces when they fuck up. It's not going to be as fun when I'm called homophobic names by 12-year olds on a headset instead.
Old 03-03-15, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by chess
Comcast can eat a fat dick.

+1 fat dick
Old 03-03-15, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

Yea...if there is a thorn on helldivers it's that Friendly Fire which by the looks of it will happen a lot. Still looks worth a try but no where solo or just two people.

Couldn't care one bit about Crapcast...have AT&T Uverse
Old 03-04-15, 07:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yea...if there is a thorn on helldivers it's that Friendly Fire which by the looks of it will happen a lot. Still looks worth a try but no where solo or just two people.
Death happens a lot in this game. I think that's by design. Its pretty comical. You can deploy auto-turrets that shoot everything in the vicinty, including yourself if you're in the line of fire. Everything you deploy drops out of the sky, which will kill you if you're under it when it comes down. Players spawning in will sometimes land on your head because they join out of nowhere if the team isnt already full. Even the evacuation shuttle coming down at the end of the level will crush you if you're near it.

I think you're pretty much expected to die a lot in this game, it's actually a rarity if you don't. The people that are alive are constantly reviving the dead ones. The level only ends when everyone is dead, so the challenge is just making sure at least one person can stay alive. If you're playing solo, the game allows you 2-3 auto-revives as well, so it's still manageable to play alone.

Jumping in and out of games is very easy, and from my experience so far, people welcome it when you join. There's even an S.O.S beacon you can deploy that somehow increases the chances that people will join you. You'll have no problem getting 4 people together.
Old 03-04-15, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

PlayStation 4 (PS4) Sales Surpass 20.2 Million Units Worldwide

TOKYO, March 3, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCE) today announced that the PlayStation®4 (PS4™) computer entertainment system has cumulatively sold through more than 20.2 million units*1 worldwide as of March 1. PS4 continues to demonstrate the fastest and strongest growth in PlayStation® hardware history.

"We are so grateful for the enormous support from PlayStation® fans worldwide, and we are truly humbled that gamers around the globe have continued to select PS4 as the best place to play," said Andrew House, President and Global CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. "We remain steadfast in our commitment to deliver unique and interactive entertainment experiences powered by the network and the PS4 system's deep social capabilities."

The PS4 system's games portfolio will continue to expand with highly anticipated titles such as Batman: Arkham Knight (Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment), Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd.), Bloodborne, Until Dawn, Tearaway Unfolded, and Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (SCE Worldwide Studios). The independent development community will also continue to deliver innovative new titles for PS4 including No Man's Sky (Hello Games).

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...300045019.html

Just a note that "sold through" means sold to consumers...as opposed to "sold in" or "shipped".
Old 03-04-15, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Have noticed a lot of times you'll see.....

"PS4 units sold _____" and then see "Xbox One units shipped ______"
Old 03-04-15, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Have noticed a lot of times you'll see.....

"PS4 units sold _____" and then see "Xbox One units shipped ______"
That's just the marketing speak you use when you're losing.

Sony did the same things to obscure PS3 numbers for years. They also obscured their numbers by reporting combined sales with the prior generation (Playstation/Xbox family) and offering up arbitrary spin like "fastest growing", both of which should sound familiar.

XO is most likely in the 10-11M sold range based on info currently available, which is a respectable number by historical standards, but PS4 is doing almost Wii numbers, and it's significant because it's all gamers (nothing faddish or gimmicky about the system).
Old 03-04-15, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I haven't owned a Sony system since the original PS days and even I am considering picking up a PS4 when there is an eventual price drop.

If only it included the free time needed to play.
Old 03-04-15, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Coming May 5...standalone Wolfenstein DL for $20.00.....I played the first and had a blast with it.....

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/oRoqsAsF4JI?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 03-04-15, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by xmiyux
Well I haven't owned a Sony system since the original PS days and even I am considering picking up a PS4 when there is an eventual price drop.

Join us MIYU, JOIN US!!!
Old 03-04-15, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by xmiyux

Not sure if that deal is still up at Amazon but it's good....$399.00 with Infamous: Second Son, The Last of Us and Killzone: Shadowfall. Yes they're all DDL but still not a bad deal at all.
Old 03-05-15, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Coming May 5...standalone Wolfenstein DL for $20.00.....I played the first and had a blast with it.....

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/oRoqsAsF4JI?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Gimme that right now.
Old 03-07-15, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

The next Sony firmware update is going to be very interesting:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/...ext-ps4-update

The basics:

Suspend/Resume is coming in 2.50
You'll be able to remap your controller buttons (good for games that don't let you remap functions)
You'll be able to delete games from your trophy list that have no earned trophies in them
Possible external hard drive support (for backing up your system at least)

Here's the release notes from the beta:

Main Features

- The system can now enter rest mode without closing any applications. You can adjust this setting in [Power Save Settings] > [Set Functions Available in Rest Mode].
- [Accessibility] has been added to [Settings]. You can adjust accessibility settings such as zooming and button assignments.

Trophies

- You an now delete trophies with 0% achievement progress.
- [Earned Date], [Not Earned], and [Grade] have been added as sorting options for trophies. You can also sort by [Earned Date] and [Not Earned] options when comparing trophies with other players.
- You can now search the Internet for details about trophies from the options menu in [Trophies].
- Screenshots of scenes when you earn trophies are now saved automatically. You can view saved screenshots in [Capture Gallery].
- You can now share trophy details and screenshots. Select the trophy you want to share details about in [Trophy], and then press the Share button.

Share Play

- You can now test the host’s connection speed when starting Share Play.
- You can now enjoy Share Play at 60 fps. A host in a party can adjust the setting in [Party Settings] > [Video Quality for Share Play] > [Frame Rate].
- A user who is running version 2.50 or earlier on their system cannot use Share Play with someone who is running version 2.50 beta on their system. Users who are both running system software version 2.50 beta can enjoy Share Play.

Other

- Users who are your Facebook friends can now be displayed in [Players You May Know].
- You can now send real name requests in addition to Friend requests to users who are currently not on your Friends list.
- You can now apply a shadow style for text in [Themes].
- You can now enter up to 140 characters for your self-introduction.
- If you enter 22 characters or more for your self-introduction, only 21 characters will be displayed on a PS4 system running system software version earlier than 2.50.
- You can now use the touch pad to operate playback of videos on discs.
- [Discover] has been added to introduce users to PS4 system features. You can view information about features in [Notifications] > [Discover].
- Remote Play cannot be used with a PS Vita system running version 3.35. A system software update for the PS Vita (to be released later) is required.
Old 03-07-15, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Suspend... probably the feature I was most excited for before the system even launched. Glad to finally see it. I wonder how many games you can suspend at once.
Old 03-07-15, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Suspend... probably the feature I was most excited for before the system even launched. Glad to finally see it. I wonder how many games you can suspend at once.
One.
Old 03-07-15, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I wonder if they're ever going to patch in Blu-ray remote support...
Old 03-07-15, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by MoviePage
One.
Weak.
Old 03-07-15, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well I mean, how many games does the system let you run at one time? Suspend/resume is basically just allowing you to enter Rest mode without closing the active game application.
Old 03-07-15, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I know. I figured it'd work like a phone where you have multiple games/apps running in the background. That's what I thought they touted before launch.
Old 03-07-15, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts

I'm still waiting for the feature they showed heavily prior to launch where you can spectate and then join a friend's game...
Old 03-07-15, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts

Question - Just recently, my PS4 will just spin a disc, the stop, then start, then stop, over and over, constantly until I take out the disc. It doesn't matter if the game is running or not, installed or not, either way, I keep hearing the disc drive start and stop every other second. It used to not do this, and now it does.

Anyone else have this? Is it a known issue/problem?
Old 03-07-15, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Music
I'm still waiting for the feature they showed heavily prior to launch where you can spectate and then join a friend's game...
Sadly you'll have to wait until October 2014.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QVbZX4LF3JU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 03-07-15, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

And this speaks for itself, I think.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/K5Dr3RcJZZk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 03-07-15, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by chess
And this speaks for itself, I think.
what does it say?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.