Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 09-10-18, 11:40 AM   #6476
Neil M.
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by story View Post
Wow, that's a lot of donuts! I've been KEM farming but have maxed at around 1000 before spending 300-800 on an event. Do you find Bloodmobiles works better for you? Better than Rat Trap Trucks?
I never really measured it out. I used to do KEM farming but time became an issue. I find buying and selling bloodmobiles to be easier at this point. My multiplier is over 1300% so I try to send my characters on tasks as often as I can. I can get a minimum of 4 million dollars a day so every once in a while, I'll buy and sell a bunch of bloodmobiles. I used to grind a lot but since I have so many, I just try to do a few hundred every week.
Old 09-10-18, 01:01 PM   #6477
story

Holy cow, I think mine is 310%. How did you get it up that high, simply by buying premium items that bump it up?
Old 09-10-18, 01:42 PM   #6478
Neil M.
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Buying premium items and upgrading the Springfield Heights buildings that give you bonus xp%. Buying mystery boxes is probably the best value per donut spent but if you don't like a bunch of billboards and vans, then you might just want to stick to other premium items.
Old 09-10-18, 01:56 PM   #6479
story

Those don't bug me. I've got a little corner of Springfield for all my multipliers that don't have anything to do with the theme I'm building.
Old 09-13-18, 08:13 PM   #6480
davidh777
DVD Talk Hero

Odd that the event ended, and the characters who were working on tasks just became free. Usually those convert from event currency to regular XP/$, but I guess there aren't tasks associated with the zoo territory.

My multiplier is about 750%. I've pounced on cheap opportunities like the tennis courts, and I get cheapies like the jet bikes, but I don't buy big items like the Springfield sign until they go on sale.

I bought a bunch of land with my spare cash (not sure I was still earning cash actually), and now and then I buy a bunch of rat trap delivery trucks. I never found confirmation on whether those or bloodmobiles are a better buy so I've just kept getting these. I've also been KEM farming for a while and usually top out around 1500 donuts before an event or a vault comes around and I use them.

Sometimes I wonder why I put effort into stuff like the Maggie game when I can use cash for donuts pretty much any time I want.
Challenges: Action 2017 | Academy Award 2017 | TV on DVD* 2017 | Holiday 2016 | Comedy 2016 | Horror 2016 | Criterion 2016 | Animation 2016 | Sci-Fi 2016 | Historical 2016 | Make-Your-Own 2018 | Drive-In 2018 | Leap Day 2016
Old 09-13-18, 08:24 PM   #6481
story

Maggie is 99.9% always in my white house farm so it costs me an extra 60 seconds a week to earn 6 donuts, I'll take it.

Bumped my multiplier from 310% to 410% with those beach hideaways. Tend to not get a lot of building-only donut deals and missed how the multiplier builds with upgrades, wow!

Read somewhere the best deal is 1% multiplier for 10 donuts when buying items. Less than that is only so-so. Truth?