Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Saints Row: The Third

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-11, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Re: Saints Row: The Third

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
According the the Kmart Gamer blog they will not have the pre-order content codes included with their copies. I still think I'm going to get it from there despite that because of the buy 1 get 1 half off with Assassins Creed Revelations and Saints Row The Third both being in that list.
I was going to get it at K-Mart with Skyrim, but after finding out it doesn't include the pre-order stuff I think I'll stick with my Best Buy pre-order.
Old 11-14-11, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

This has become my most anticipated game of the year.
Old 11-14-11, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,417 Likes on 4,388 Posts

For anyone who preordered off of Green Man Gaming, the keys are out now. Check your email. Will pre-load when I get home and start playing a 9 tonight!
Old 11-14-11, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 415 Likes on 311 Posts

Let us know how it is.

My ore-order shipped from Amazon

I was also going to do the K-Mart route but wanted the pre-order bonuses.

Now to try and find time between this, Skyrim, and probably Assassins Creed. Might have to hold off on the Creed.
Old 11-14-11, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This game has a Metacritic score of 88. Pretty good.
Old 11-15-11, 01:09 AM

Played for about an hour. It's fun, though admittedly dumb fun. You do a lot of cool things in the. First few missions that keeps things interesting. Couldn't figure how to download my character but uploaded someones incredible Gordon Freeman instead.
Old 11-15-11, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 198 Likes on 134 Posts

Decided (it was tough) to not pre-order.....prob will miss the human cannon but hopefully it can be bought at a later date - gonna pick this up today - look forward to it - an 88 on metacritic is pretty damn high.
Old 11-15-11, 10:10 AM

So has anyone else been able to integrate their Initiation Station character into their game? It's annoying since I can see my guy once I log into www.saintsrow.com with my account, but there's no way to add him to my download queue and there's no search feature (as far as I can tell) in the community site. Terrible implementation of a really cool concept.
In either case, playing as Gordon Freeman is pretty sweet in its own right.

edit: I figured it out and it's incredibly difficult to find and upload your character even though he's right there in your My Steelport section of the website. I checked the FAQs and found out how to do it. Basically, you have to tag your character with something semi-unique and then use a modified form of their url provided below to search for that tag. Then you can find your character online. Maybe. Beyond stupid. Anyway, if someone wants the nitty-gritty of this, I've copied the FAQs that explain it all below.

Spoiler:
In this thread, I'll be posting up answers to the most frequently asked questions regarding the Initiation Station. I'll add more as I see them pop up.

1. When does the Initiation Station launch for everyone?
1a. November 1st, 2011.

2. What platforms is the Initiation Station available for?
2a. Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Steam.

3. I signed up for early access and haven't received my code yet.
3a. All Early Access codes have now been emailed. Please check your SPAM or JUNK folders if you did not receive yours.

4. Can I save my creation and come back to it in the Initiation Station?
4a. Unfortunately, no. We're not allowed to have data save within a demo, so to keep your character, you need to upload it to the website. When the full game launches, you can then download that character into your game, modify them in any Image As Designed, then re-upload it back to the website. Just to re-iterate, IF YOU QUIT THE INITIATION STATION WITHOUT UPLOADING, YOUR CHARACTER WILL NOT BE SAVED.

5. Is this all of the clothing, hair, etc. found in the full game?
5a. In total, the Initiation Station makes up around 80% of the final customization options found in the full game. We still have some more full outfits, styles, and looks to reveal, some of which are not here due to being included with the story missions as you progress through the game. Also, we have 7 total voices this time. There will not be any more voices added.

6. How do I get my character to appear on the website?
6a. First, make sure you've registered a myTHQ account using the link in the upper right corner. Once you've completed that, you'll be lead through a series of steps to link your account. PSN users must link their accounts on this website, while 360 and Steam users can do so within the Initiation Station. You can read more about it here.

7. How do I name my characters and allow everyone to see them?
7a. Log in using your myTHQ account, then click on “My Steelport”. Once you’re properly linked to your account, select “Uploads”, and your character list will be present. From here, add a character name, some specific tags (Here’s a great primer on proper tagging), and then make sure to check the “Public” box. Once you’re all good, hit “Save”, and it’ll appear in the Character Gallery.

8. How do I search for characters within the Initiation Station?
8a. We’re still working on a full search engine for the characters, but we currently have a tag search available now. If you go to any character and click on the tag of your choice, it’ll open up window containing all of the characters that have used that tag. Here’s an example (www.saintsrow.com/community/characters/t...). If you change “female” at the end to be something else, you can find just about any tagged character. This is also why you should tag your characters properly.

9. Can my character that I uploaded on one platform, be used on another?
9a. Unfortunately, no. Characters uploaded to 360 may only be used on 360. PS3 only on PS3. Steam only on Steam.

Thanks all, and we hope you continue to enjoy the Initiation Station!

Last edited by Decker; 11-15-11 at 10:19 AM.
Old 11-15-11, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 389 Likes on 314 Posts

^^^^ Fuuuuuu... I'll probably just recreate mine. I only spent 15 minutes anyways.
Old 11-15-11, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Gonna recreate mine also. Was just messing around on it anyway.
Old 11-15-11, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm sad. Mine barely shipped from Newegg today, from California. Probably be Thursday, at the earliest, before I get it.

'm loving the commercial that's been playing on tv. Soo looking forward to some good sandbox fun.
Old 11-15-11, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got mine from Amazon today and no pre-order code for Professor Genki download. Disappointing.
Old 11-15-11, 06:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rival11
Decided (it was tough) to not pre-order.....prob will miss the human cannon but hopefully it can be bought at a later date - gonna pick this up today - look forward to it - an 88 on metacritic is pretty damn high.
So are you talking about the truck that sucks up pedestrians and shoots them out of the cannon? Man!?! I really liked that idea, and they showed it in the demos from E3, etc... and never mentioned that it was exclusive pre-order content! I would have pre-ordered it if I had known.
Old 11-15-11, 06:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aktick
When I was picking up Skyrim yesterday some guy was going on and on in line about how awesome it is, and I told him I'm looking forward to Saint's Row more than anything...dude started laughing at me and telling me SR is terrible because it's so unrealistic.
That's the exact reason I'm looking forward to Saints Row the Third so much. When I heard about GTA 5 I started playing GTA 4 again and have found it to be pretty boring. I had forgotten that they took out the planes. So I booted up my PS2 and played some San Andreas... that game had a lot of fun in it. Various planes, you can drive the train, and I believe that's the game that introduced the "dildo as a weapon" concept that SR3 seems to be using. However, the graphics compared to GTA4 are ridiculously bad. I didn't remember them being that different, though now I have an HDTV for the PS3, but the PS2 is still on an old tv, so maybe that's part of it.

Anyway, SR3 looks awesome and I'm hoping I get to pick it up by Thursday or Friday so I can tackle it over the weekend.
Old 11-15-11, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
I got mine from Amazon today and no pre-order code for Professor Genki download. Disappointing.
I didn't get my code from Green Man Gaming. Maybe they dropped the ball on that one. I'm sure they'll come through and in Amazon's case will probably give you a nice bonus as well.
Old 11-15-11, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 389 Likes on 314 Posts

I got my code from Amazon.
Old 11-15-11, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
Me either. Chatted with customer service, and they gave it to me. Took all of three minutes.

Anyhow, after playing the first few missions (which are basically the ones we saw in the clips a month or two ago), I am not impressed with the game.

The driving sucks.
The music is too low (even at max audio volume).
The songs suck. Only one station (The Mix) has stuff I know and would care to listen to.
The guns and gunplay suck. No auto targeting, but the manual sucks just as bad.
The Professor Genki pack isn't is cool as it's made out to be.

Now granted it's early, and I said Rage sucked in the beginning too before I liked it. So we'll see.

But so far I'd give it a 6.5/10. I'm going back to Skyrim.
Old 11-15-11, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, you're wrong.

Once I realized that the voice I picked for my dude is the voice of Archer, it became THE GREATEST GAME OF ALL TIME.

Danger Zone.
Old 11-16-11, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Who's Archer?
Old 11-16-11, 01:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 453 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
Who's Archer?
Rampage!

Old 11-16-11, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 137 Posts

I picked this up yesterday after never playing a SR game before. I played for about an hour and listed it on Amazon.

It's just too over the top and cartoonish for my tastes, plus it feels like an arcade game to me which is not a plus. I'll admit I'm a GTA guy but I was up for something a little less realistic, but this is like polar opposite.

Sounds like this is a good one for those who already like the series though.
Old 11-16-11, 08:53 AM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
who's archer?
o m g
Old 11-16-11, 09:06 AM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

You need to watch Archer. The first season is up on Netflix. Great show.
Old 11-16-11, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 198 Likes on 134 Posts

You damn non-techincal people who can't get your character uploaded (jk) - after you upload it to your saints row account from your initiation station - logon to saintsrow.com -> under your account go to the "uploads" section -> click on "your created characters" (click the picture) -> then on the next screen you have to hit the "add to queue" button on the right.

Also, when you first go into your character creation in the game.....it takes a little bit for your created character to appear so just let it sit.

I played through the first 4 missions last night -> I am somewhat let down by this game as pretty much NOTHING control wise has changed from the second one - the driving is pretty brutal in this game and as a player that likes to move the camera around when driving....it's f'n seizure city. Still though, the graphics are much improved over the other two and I have laughed once or twice so far while playing. Another thing as well.....when the cops are after you....you can actually hide - very cool.

The game is suppose to become even crazier as you go along and I won't lie...as initially unimpressed as I originally am......I can see myself really getting addicted -> one last thing, it's horrible that so far, there is absolutely nothing to do in the cribs you end up obtaining - so far anyway that's what I'm noticing.

EDIT: Did anyone else catch the Nkko Bellic character someone created to use in game? It looks great.
Old 11-16-11, 11:23 AM

That Add To Queue choice wasn't there before on your created character. Obviously, that makes it a LOT easier!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.