Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Just Cause 2

Old 03-29-10, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Just Cause 2

The more my health/armor and weapons are upgraded, the more manageable the side-missions are. The best is if you can find a mounted gun and detach it - that thing pretty much makes you a god.
Old 03-29-10, 05:10 PM
gamer for life

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
The more my health/armor and weapons are upgraded, the more manageable the side-missions are. The best is if you can find a mounted gun and detach it - that thing pretty much makes you a god.
yeah, I don't know if I am getting better, or if the upgraded health really helps (esp since the health bar does not seem to get bigger after many many upgrades)...but the game seems to be getting easier.
Old 03-29-10, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by foxdvd View Post
yeah, I don't know if I am getting better, or if the upgraded health really helps (esp since the health bar does not seem to get bigger after many many upgrades)...but the game seems to be getting easier.
I would chalk a lot of it up to "getting better". At least that's what's happening for me. I'm doing crazy ass shit at this point.
Old 03-29-10, 10:41 PM
gamer for life

Originally Posted by superfro View Post
I would chalk a lot of it up to "getting better". At least that's what's happening for me. I'm doing crazy ass shit at this point.
skill it is!!!

tanks are even funner than gatling guns.
Old 03-30-10, 05:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
I tried detaching a mounted gun. It never works. How are you doing it?
Old 03-30-10, 08:12 AM
gamer for life

Originally Posted by nickdawgy View Post
I tried detaching a mounted gun. It never works. How are you doing it?
once you get on it with Y...hit A...
Old 03-30-10, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Mounted Gun in hand = Massive amount of chaos!
Old 03-30-10, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Oh man, a festival of fail today as I botch nearly every mission. Targets escape in droves, I manage to take off in a private jet, but I'm chased and shot down by a helicopter?!

And don't get me started on my damn 'comrades'. Those guys are nuts! Twice I've been hauling ass down the highway, dodging govt troops when these numbnuts come at me from the opposite direction and veer right into my path! Ugh!

On the plus side, its all kinds of fun playing Spiderman inside the cities. Swoop down, blow up a statue or propoganda van and head back to the rooftops. So far fav weapons are the sniper rifle and remote controlled explosives. Still, if I want to get any farther in the gme, I've got to keep practicing.
Old 03-30-10, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I think it is kind of crazy how fast and how many troops come at you. It's so easy to get a good chopper though, so it balances out.

Kind of.

Old 03-30-10, 04:38 PM
gamer for life

once you take out the SAMs....being in a chopper is fun as hell.
Old 03-30-10, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I cannot stop playing this game. Easily the most fun sandbox game ever without a doubt. Just far too much to do and see. The general chaos does not get boring and if you do crave something a tad different then the missions are fantastic. I just completed the mission where you blow up the vents and then chase down the escaping cars. Plays like the best kind of action movie. Also have come across the 3 headed buddha Mount Rushmore thing along with a dead whale on a beach on my travels today. I have to admit that that controls at first felt a bit weird, but now they are second nature and fighting and moving around is a lot of fun. Wish i had recorded some of the stuff i have done today. At one point i tied a guy to a cylinder that shot around and hit an attacking chopper and blow it all up. Its such a blast this game and easily one of my favourite games of all time.
Old 03-30-10, 07:57 PM
gamer for life

james, I agree with you in every way but one....Mass Effect 2 and Bad Company 2 are my 1 and 2 this year, but if this games holds my attention for the full 50 hours or so, it could top Bad Company 2....
Old 03-30-10, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by james2025a View Post
Also have come across the 3 headed buddha Mount Rushmore thing along with a dead whale on a beach on my travels today.
I've just flown around for hours and have seen neither. Fucking awesome.
Old 03-30-10, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I've just flown around for hours and have seen neither. Fucking awesome.
Well to be honest the heads are a little bit hidden. They and the whale are on the islands located on the bottom right side of the map. There is a circle thats a dome fortress and nearby is a lagoon with the whale onshore.

I was playing it again this evening and i wish to god i had recorded what happened. I hit a small outpost and i really pissed the folks off. I was on the run from two helicopters, managed to snag one of them and take out the other. The next second i have four bearing down on me. I get blown out of the sky and for a good 20 minutes i was on the run across the island trying catch a breather. I had a tiny amount of energy and each time i got into a vehicle it was on fire within seconds due to enemy fire. It was a total blast. Being on a motorcycle and seeing gunshots hitting the ground all around you is fantastic. I am sure i could have managed to swing onto a fast vehicle and get outta there at any point, but so much more fun in these chases.

Right i am off back to it for a bit. 20 hours in and still a ways to go. I am kinda trying to spread the missions out a bit to keep the game going.
Old 03-30-10, 10:23 PM
gamer for life

I had a helicopter over me, making my life hell...I shot a small tank, attached a dude to it, it shot up, and by pure luck exploded on the chopper above me, causing the already damaged chopper to explode. I had to pause my game in shock....I would pay for a recording aspect similar to Halo 3 for this game...that seriously gave me chills...and I would have loved to put it on youtube...
Old 03-31-10, 12:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I have 24 hours of playtime, and haven't done an Agency mission since the tutorial

Awesome game.
Old 03-31-10, 12:48 AM
gamer for life

when you kill high ranking officials it tells you that you have lowered the moral of troops...does that actually effect the game in any way? Does blowing up towers, and all that stuff make the game easier? It is hard for me to tell since there are so many of them...
Old 03-31-10, 09:41 AM
gamer for life

I just read another review of the game that complained that your guns are to weak and that enemies are bullet sponges. Anyone actually seeing this? Any of the guns in the game, especially after a few upgrades, can take anyone out on normal difficulty, with one or two well placed shots to the head. Even the colonels die with an upgraded weapon in a second if you hit the head. While I can't argue that seeing enemies spawn right before your eyes is stupid (has happened a few times) I am really finding this game easier than most sandbox games....not as easy as Godfather 2, but few games are....
Old 03-31-10, 11:34 AM
2017 TOTY Winner

ranking up your guns and making them more powerful is definitely worthwhile. Even ranking up the C4 and grenades is so you can carry more of them.
Old 03-31-10, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by foxdvd View Post
I would pay for a recording aspect similar to Halo 3 for this game...that seriously gave me chills...and I would have loved to put it on youtube...
It bums me out greatly that the PS3 version has the youtube export feature. (I mean awesome for the PS3 folks, but would've been nice on the 360 as well.)
Old 03-31-10, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It bums me out greatly that the PS3 version has the youtube export feature. (I mean awesome for the PS3 folks, but would've been nice on the 360 as well.)
Nice for us PS3 users but at the same time it sucks because there will be less youtube videos than there would be if both consoles had it. Now, how long will it be before youtube removes the audio tracks due to copyright violations as they are seemingly doing this with most videos for one reason or another. I'm joking about this in particular as the publisher is giving us permission with this ability, but I'm frustrated with youtube's practice of the audio deletion overall.
Old 03-31-10, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

But the 360 version get motion blur!!!!
Old 03-31-10, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Blowing crap up is just fun
Old 03-31-10, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You guys are making me want this...
Old 03-31-10, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by chuckd21 View Post
You guys are making me want this...
You should want this.....

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.