Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Just Cause 2

Old 03-28-10, 02:28 AM
gamer for life

Re: Just Cause 2

Originally Posted by nickdawgy View Post
I suck at flying jets, too. I bought one, flipped it upside and jumped out before it blew up. Then, it not only didn't blow up, but spun out of control into the air until it vanished

How is the DLC gun? I haven't entered the code yet.
I have the one from the amazon preorder...the Bullseye Assault Riffle...It is a fully upgraded Assault Riffle (6 star) with a scope...semi-auto only, but really powerful, and great for head shots...but ammo from a normal assault riffle does not work in it, so you only keep it until you run out of ammo....

I have seen on the net that all dlc guns are like this as well with ammo...
Old 03-28-10, 02:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So I played the demo and liked it but still a bit unsure. For those of you that have it how would you rate it?
Old 03-28-10, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Got this yesterday and i have to admit its a hell of a lot of fun. I was not impressed with the first game, but this one has addressed a lot of its issues. There is so much to see and do in this game. The grapple and parachute really work great and make getting around fun. The graphics are nice and the game world is massive. Its gonna take a hell of a long time to explore all this. I would highly recommend this game to anyone that is thinking about it who loves sandbox style games in he vein of Mercenaries. In fact its kind of a cross between that game and the Spiderman 2 game in a weird way. I think IGN's score of 8.9 was fair....but i personally would have given it a tad more. Maybe 9.2.
Old 03-28-10, 02:36 PM
gamer for life

I just attached a car to a plane taking off at the airport....and it took off dragging my car..lol...it kept adding to my miles driven, and gave me a stunt point ever 2 seconds...so I got those two achievements easy..
Old 03-28-10, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by foxdvd View Post
I have the one from the amazon preorder...the Bullseye Assault Riffle...It is a fully upgraded Assault Riffle (6 star) with a scope...semi-auto only, but really powerful, and great for head shots...but ammo from a normal assault riffle does not work in it, so you only keep it until you run out of ammo....

I have seen on the net that all dlc guns are like this as well with ammo...
That's lame. I pre-ordered from Amazon, too. Are you talking about the card that was inside?
Old 03-28-10, 07:01 PM
gamer for life

That's lame. I pre-ordered from Amazon, too. Are you talking about the card that was inside?
yes...that is the code for the gun...
Old 03-28-10, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I got the strategy guide and it is rather weak. I understand it would have been hard to show where all of the collectibles are in picture form but they listed them with the coordinates only and didn't even group them all together by location. So you have to scan pages of coordinates to find everything in one location. That is my biggest beef with this game and I think that this game absolutely dwarfs the freeplay of the Saboteur.

Fuck! Upon further inspection of the strategy guide they didn't even put the names of the location the items are found in rather they put the name of the region only and they're not even in order by the coordinates. Besides that there are 29 pages to look at and decipher to find what you're looking for. Talk about lazy strategy guide making.

Last edited by dsa_shea; 03-28-10 at 09:25 PM.
Old 03-28-10, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by dsa_shea View Post
I got the strategy guide and it is rather weak. I understand it would have been hard to show where all of the collectibles are in picture form but they listed them with the coordinates only and didn't even group them all together by location. So you have to scan pages of coordinates to find everything in one location. That is my biggest beef with this game and I think that this game absolutely dwarfs the freeplay of the Saboteur.
The gameplay for me is a perfect hybrid of GTA/Red Faction/The Saboteur. Loving it.
Old 03-29-10, 12:53 AM
gamer for life

while taking over a town/base 100% is probably going to get old eventually, I can not stress enough how much the game has variety in the faction missions and of course the main story missions. I am loving this game right now....
Old 03-29-10, 12:55 AM
gamer for life

Originally Posted by superfro View Post
The gameplay for me is a perfect hybrid of GTA/Red Faction/The Saboteur. Loving it.
I could not agree more...but I think a better comparison would be Saints Row/Red Faction/ Saboteur...
Old 03-29-10, 01:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I could not agree more...but I think a better comparison would be Saints Row/Red Faction/ Saboteur...
I was never a Siant's Row player, but from what I know of the franchise, that would make sense.
Old 03-29-10, 01:33 AM
gamer for life

Originally Posted by superfro View Post
I was never a Siant's Row player, but from what I know of the franchise, that would make sense.
I still think Saints Row 2 might be the best sandbox game ever made...
Old 03-29-10, 03:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

What's Saboteur? Was that any good?
Old 03-29-10, 04:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

What's Saboteur? Was that any good?
I haven't played my copy yet, but it seems decent. You can get it for 20 bucks new from eastore.com right now. Check the game deals thread for the coupon code and info
Old 03-29-10, 08:14 AM
gamer for life

The Saboteur is the kind of game that averages in the high 7's from critics, but 8-9s from players. It lacks a level of polish of a game like GTA4, but can be very fun to play. It also happens to be on the easy side compared to most of these games....and a Sandbox game set in WW2 is different enough to keep it fresh...not a bad pick up for 20 bucks...(based on pc version, though the other versions seem to be about the same)
Old 03-29-10, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The Saboteur is the kind of game that averages in the high 7's from critics, but 8-9s from players. It lacks a level of polish of a game like GTA4, but can be very fun to play. It also happens to be on the easy side compared to most of these games....and a Sandbox game set in WW2 is different enough to keep it fresh...not a bad pick up for 20 bucks...(based on pc version, though the other versions seem to be about the same)

To add to this....it has issues, but the setting/story/art style definitely set it apart and make up for some of the issues in other areas.
Old 03-29-10, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The Saboteur kicked ass and held my attention long enough to get the Platinum. That and GTAIV had some lengthy achievements to earn but both were Platinumed.
Old 03-29-10, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Put in a few more hours tonight. I admit I never really liked GTA style games, since it seemed you were basically playing a street thug. But running through the jungle fighting the local dictatorship? More my speed.

For those havign trouble with the troops, I've found that fighting then running away really is the best way to insure survival.

As for the proce of weapons, well duh. It's the Black Market, not Walmart. Of course stuffs going to be expensive as hell.

One problem I have run into though. My games don't seem to want to save. I've played through the first 'go to base and steal an armored car' mission. I'll shoot up the base, do maybe 35% damage. Get the car, fight my way to the dropoff point, get a high five from Bolo, then save my game. But when I come back, it always starts me by the phone booth at the beginning of the mission. Wtf? Am I missing something?
Old 03-29-10, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I still think Saints Row 2 might be the best sandbox game ever made...
100% agree. A great game, great controls and it never took itself too seriously. One of the few sandbox games I've actually finished.
Old 03-29-10, 12:20 PM
gamer for life

Originally Posted by Panda Phil View Post

As for the proce of weapons, well duh. It's the Black Market, not Walmart. Of course stuffs going to be expensive as hell.
I don't have a problem with the price of the weapons at all....it makes sense....I just have a problem with dlc weapons having no ammo in the game, forcing you to buy the gun each time you run out....

as for save, I have had no issue at all...if you save, you will start at the nearest location you have completed...but all things you have done should still be saved...unless you are in the middle of a mission...then you lose anything on that mission (you have to finish it)....maybe there is a glitch on the part you are on, that needs you to do a little more before you save...
Old 03-29-10, 12:21 PM
gamer for life

speaking of glitches....I found one town that all the buildings were missing, but the people were still floating in the air as if they were standing on buildings....really weird...
Old 03-29-10, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You know why they were floating?
Just 'cause.
Old 03-29-10, 01:32 PM
gamer for life

Originally Posted by Walker Boh View Post
You know why they were floating?
Just 'cause.
Old 03-29-10, 01:58 PM
2017 TOTY Winner

never had any glitches saving or otherwise except for when I tied my car to a 737.

Ripping along at 500mph until I hit the edge of the map. kept going. We were halfway to Sidney international airport but the game froze. I guess that makes sense if you leave the map for so long.
Old 03-29-10, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't have a problem with the price of the weapons at all....it makes sense....I just have a problem with dlc weapons having no ammo in the game, forcing you to buy the gun each time you run out....

as for save, I have had no issue at all...if you save, you will start at the nearest location you have completed...but all things you have done should still be saved...unless you are in the middle of a mission...then you lose anything on that mission (you have to finish it)....maybe there is a glitch on the part you are on, that needs you to do a little more before you save...
Ahhh I see the problem now. Yep, I'd say the company forgot to tell the programmers they were giving away those dlc weapons. Heres hoping theres a patch in the near future.

Still not sure what the deal is with the savegames. Though it seems like if you start a new mission, it saves at that point and you get credit. Very odd.

And I think I've run into the problem you guys have when it comes to screwing around outside the main missions. After doing the mission at the broadcast skyscraper, I decided to finish off a base from a previous mission for whatever points. I jack a combat chopper, go in strafing, and all hell breaks lose. First the chopper steers like a cow and I wind up getting shot down by a more lightly built gunship. I jump and manage to grapple the other chopper. I get the gunner in my sights, only to realize I was out of ammo! FUUUUU- I parachute down, and under fire, spotted on of my 'comrades' at a traffic stop in a dune buggy with a big-ass MG on the back! A'ha I tell myself, time for some payback! But before I can reach it, dumbass hops on the gun and starts blazing away at the ground troops. Argh, you idiot! Naturally before I can haul his ass off, the chopper blows up the buggy, along with the both of us. *sigh*

I think I'm gonna save those side missions until I can steal a tank.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.