Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Alan Wake

Old 05-11-10, 01:12 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 93 Likes on 68 Posts
Re: Alan Wake

<object classId="clsid<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed src="http://g4tv.com/lv3/45851" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" name="VideoPlayer" width="480" height="382" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" /></object>
Old 05-11-10, 05:18 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 455 Likes on 405 Posts

Originally Posted by UncleGramps View Post
PARSER ERROR...DOES NOT COMPUTE

With the triple(?) negative, I think you're saying you don't flinch a lot...maybe.
yeah, that is one of my worst.
Old 05-11-10, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh snap - I finally made it around to reading the manual for this game and in the warning pages it says "In order to lessen the load on the internet, Scott1598 is prohibited from playing this game."
Old 05-11-10, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions View Post
Oh snap - I finally made it around to reading the manual for this game and in the warning pages it says "In order to lessen the load on the internet, Scott1598 is prohibited from playing this game."
What page is that on? Why would it say that? Is the manual not the perfect place to look for answers? Why are you picking on the game Liver? As a mod shouldn't you go easier on the manual? I bet you even bend the spines of books you read. Why do people bend the spines of books? Is it considered rude to bend the spine of a book if it is one you borrowed? What about a library book? What is the library book has already had the spine bent a little, then is it alright? Why does the spine of a book look nothing like a spine on a cactus? Why is the plural cactI (when I is clearly singular) and the singular is cactUS (when Us is clearly plural)? Who decided the word singular meant one? Does it have anything to do with the cell phone company? Actually if I'm a total newbie would it be newbiehibited? At what point would i be disqualified from the Olympics if Alan Wake was an event?
Old 05-11-10, 06:15 PM

aw, shucks. just cancelled my pre-order
Old 05-11-10, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by scott1598 View Post
aw, shucks. just cancelled my pre-order
The whole world thanks you.
Old 05-11-10, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 147 Likes on 79 Posts

For those that haven't noticed, episodes 3 & 4 of Bright Falls hit the marketplace today.
Old 05-11-10, 09:23 PM

The whole world thanks you.
c'mon now, i can't let you off that easy. can't wait til next Tuesday!! already added this thread as a favorite!!!! woofuckinhoo!
Old 05-11-10, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 50 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by xmiyux View Post
What page is that on? Why would it say that? Is the manual not the perfect place to look for answers? Why are you picking on the game Liver? As a mod shouldn't you go easier on the manual? I bet you even bend the spines of books you read. Why do people bend the spines of books? Is it considered rude to bend the spine of a book if it is one you borrowed? What about a library book? What is the library book has already had the spine bent a little, then is it alright? Why does the spine of a book look nothing like a spine on a cactus? Why is the plural cactI (when I is clearly singular) and the singular is cactUS (when Us is clearly plural)? Who decided the word singular meant one? Does it have anything to do with the cell phone company? Actually if I'm a total newbie would it be newbiehibited? At what point would i be disqualified from the Olympics if Alan Wake was an event?

And about alan wake.....looked into it a tad more, think I'm gonna pass for good now.

To the person who made the condemed comment: Guaranteed I jumped at the same exact spot you are talking about as well (almost shit my pants the first time I was left with just a flash light as well..."You go upstairs and check it out" to which I replied to the game while playing "yeah, go fuck yourself.....you go".

Dead Space: the ending scared the ever loving shit out of me....wasn't fully looking at the screen (attention was starting to turn to the cold beverage next to me as I thought it was over) and when it happened.....I realized my speakers were up too loud, scared the shit out of me, then I dropped the controller.
Old 05-12-10, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Rival11 View Post

And about alan wake.....looked into it a tad more, think I'm gonna pass for good now.

To the person who made the condemed comment: Guaranteed I jumped at the same exact spot you are talking about as well (almost shit my pants the first time I was left with just a flash light as well..."You go upstairs and check it out" to which I replied to the game while playing "yeah, go fuck yourself.....you go".

Dead Space: the ending scared the ever loving shit out of me....wasn't fully looking at the screen (attention was starting to turn to the cold beverage next to me as I thought it was over) and when it happened.....I realized my speakers were up too loud, scared the shit out of me, then I dropped the controller.
So what made you decide to pass? As reviews are being posted online it appears to be doing well.
Old 05-13-10, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 50 Likes on 28 Posts

Well, I definitely will be buying Red Dead Redemption when it comes out and I don't know.....I'm not to big on these types of games (half sandbox games as I like to call them).

I think it looks really cool and even the story (from what I know) seems very interesting......but I'm just not sure I would buy it. I was the same with Arkham Asylum, I played the demo, said I was definitely going to buy it then just lost interest.
Old 05-17-10, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by scott1598 View Post
c'mon now, i can't let you off that easy. can't wait til next Tuesday!! already added this thread as a favorite!!!! woofuckinhoo!
Hmmm... is your avatar an actual picture of you.... or is it from somewhere else?
Old 05-18-10, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Happy Alan Wake Day everyone. Hope you're not all just playing Red Dead Redemption
Old 05-18-10, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 05-18-10, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Picking it up after work! Can't wait!

Except that I have to finish Metro 2033 first and watch Lost.
Old 05-18-10, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by pinata242 View Post
I know - this is very unfortunate for the state of gaming. People would rather have a sequel than an original Stephen King book come to life
Old 05-18-10, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Picking this up after work, but I think I'll tackle RDR first.
Old 05-18-10, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by chuckd21 View Post
Picking it up after work! Can't wait!

Except that I have to finish Metro 2033 first and watch Lost.
Excellent. Good thing you're out east because it'll still be only 7pm for me when Lost is over for you!
Old 05-18-10, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

I got mine from Amazon this morning. I won't really get a chance to play until Thursday though. I chose this over Red Dead Redemption; this looked far more interesting
Old 05-18-10, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know - this is very unfortunate for the state of gaming. People would rather have a sequel than an original Stephen King book come to life
It's not that, RDR just has more legs. AW is more of a rental. I usually only read Stephen King novels once, but I still watch Deadwood, Young Guns, and The Magnificent Seven as the fancy strikes me.
Old 05-18-10, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Happy Alan Wake Day everyone. Hope you're not all just playing Red Dead Redemption
I plan to play both tonight. RDR while it's light out, then switching over to Wake when the sun goes down.
Old 05-18-10, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by pinata242 View Post
It's not that, RDR just has more legs. AW is more of a rental. I usually only read Stephen King novels once, but I still watch Deadwood, Young Guns, and The Magnificent Seven as the fancy strikes me.
RENTALS ARE KILLING THE GAMING SPiRIT! WITHOUT PEOPLE BUYING GAMES THE DEVS DON'T MAKE MONEY PREVENTING ORIGINAL GAMES FROM BEING MADE!
Old 05-18-10, 12:35 PM
Banned by request

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I bought both, but only because Amazon dropped the price of Alan Wake by $10 and offered another $10 gift card on top of it.
Old 05-18-10, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My copy from Amazon has arrived. However, Red Dead takes priority...as does Mass Effect 2...as does Lost tonight.

So yeah, I'll post my impressions of this in a couple of weeks probably.
Old 05-18-10, 12:37 PM

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts

I bought this today as well, don't know when I'll be able to play it. Sort of a strange "Spring Cluster" of good games these next couple of weeks.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.