Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Weekly Tuesday Warhawk night

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-09, 10:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Weekly Tuesday Warhawk night

Originally Posted by chess
Observations:

I rank limit at Sgt Major for a reason...namely the fact that I saw the requirements to go beyond Sgt Major and said "yeah...that's never gonna happen". Basically, if you can pull them off, you're pretty damn good.
I actually did not advance a rank as apparently you have to get 5 dogfight machine gun kills in one match which is not an easy feat on a ranked server. Even more reason the rank limiting on a private server is arbitrary. If someone gets too good just tell them to tone it down or dont play. If it comes to that then thats fine.

Digi and I on the same team is good when the numbers are lopsided. We can have a good competitive game of 2:3, 3:4 or even 2:4. But yeah, under normal circumstances, it's probably not good. Unfortunately, it was the only game I got to relax at all last night.
Yeah, I really enjoy the games where we are on the same team and outmanned more than any of the other matches for the reason that Chew said that we all get to play all out instead of having to hold back. I know that might get annoying for the other team, so I certainly wouldn't want to overplay that, but I do think those make for good all around games. We tried to have either Chew or John switch on the Eucadia map, unfortunately the server was setup so that you couldn't team switch to an unbalanced team so it ended up as it did which was not too good. Sorry about that.
Old 12-02-09, 11:02 AM

I don't think I won a game all night, as the game automatically puts me opposite digi, and he's become positively dominant. Nothing against you digi...but I don't think any of the rest of us play the game any other time, and you're pretty much toying with us at this point...not purposefully, I'm sure, but I'll bet you won every time you played the full game tonight.
I will be getting Uncharted 2 and Borderlands soon which will occupy me and hopefully we can get together online on those as well. Would love to play some co-op with anyone here.

But yeah, I have been playing outside of just Tuesday as I have found a few servers that are generally enjoyable. Don't generally end up on the primary ranked servers though as they tend to be annoying.
Old 12-02-09, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I hope I'm not the causing any of the frustration in the matches given my relaxed state all the time. I didn't realize some of you took the game quite so seriously, I just lay back and dick around with rocket launcher and shit.

Sorry I was late last night, bad traffic. Also, I couldn't hear your mic Chess. Your name kept popping up and I couldn't hear anything, but everybody else with mics came through loud and clear.
Old 12-02-09, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As long as you guys are OK with one team winning every game, I'm happy to roll with it.
Honestly, I barely pay attention to which team ultimately wins the match. The only stat I look at when the time ends is where I ended up in the pecking order.

As long as things aren't obnoxiously unbalanced (where I can't even spawn without getting TOW'd or sniped within 2 seconds), I really don't care who wins. I just want to play.
Old 12-02-09, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by jdpatri
I didn't team-shoot you last night!
Those multiple tank team-shots last week count for a full month.

I had some weird issues with you all night flip. Whenever you were near me, it looked like you were bouncing up and down really fast. It wasn't jumping, it was something caused by the connection. In that Capital CTF, I had a really hard time locking on to you with my tank and you ultimately won the 1:1 on that because of it. Strange.
Old 12-02-09, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i missed the balls last night. I should be back next week.
Old 12-02-09, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Chew
Those multiple tank team-shots last week count for a full month.

I had some weird issues with you all night flip. Whenever you were near me, it looked like you were bouncing up and down really fast. It wasn't jumping, it was something caused by the connection. In that Capital CTF, I had a really hard time locking on to you with my tank and you ultimately won the 1:1 on that because of it. Strange.
Weird. Has that happened before? a few guys were doing that on my screen last night too.
Old 12-02-09, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It has happened before, but it was never that bad. And, it was only you---maybe related to hosting somehow?
Old 12-02-09, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by ween
Funny thing is is that I decided to learn how to fly a warhawk because I was tired of you owning the air all the time as before even if we had 3 warhawks in the air you would be able to at least tie us all up and make it an uneven ground battle. I also think you severely overestimate my ability and honestly I think it is more because I am just good enough now to actually mount a sustained dogfight against you so that you can no longer multi task. And then add in the fact that I think I usually had Flip on my team as well to get 2x1 in the air. I also learned where all the TOWs are
You're too generous. You positively owned me in the air last night.
Old 12-02-09, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by John Slider
I hope I'm not the causing any of the frustration in the matches given my relaxed state all the time. I didn't realize some of you took the game quite so seriously, I just lay back and dick around with rocket launcher and shit. .
Yea it can be serious at times. Im pretty laid back but when Im getting raped, I dont like it.

Thanks for the email tip BTW. I found out about the 90 min SoA right on time!
Old 12-02-09, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by John Slider
I hope I'm not the causing any of the frustration in the matches given my relaxed state all the time. I didn't realize some of you took the game quite so seriously, I just lay back and dick around with rocket launcher and shit.
You're right on target with your level of seriousness.

Sorry I was late last night, bad traffic. Also, I couldn't hear your mic Chess. Your name kept popping up and I couldn't hear anything, but everybody else with mics came through loud and clear.
Other folks were answering me. I'm guessing you accidentally muted me, which is easy to do in the pause menu.
Old 12-02-09, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It has happened before, but it was never that bad. And, it was only you---maybe related to hosting somehow?
I almost always get an odd time delay when flip hosts...not sure why. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens when Chew gives it a go.
Old 12-02-09, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by ween
I will be getting Uncharted 2 and Borderlands soon which will occupy me and hopefully we can get together online on those as well. Would love to play some co-op with anyone here.
I'm intrigued by Borderlands. I like the idea of a coop Fallout 3 with crazy weapons.

I already play a bit of Uncharted 2 online, and I think it's great, but it doesn't capture my attention like Warhawk does. I think it's the vehicles.

But yeah, I have been playing outside of just Tuesday as I have found a few servers that are generally enjoyable. Don't generally end up on the primary ranked servers though as they tend to be annoying.
The difference over the past few weeks is obvious...like you went into a phone booth and came out crazy good.

Glad you didn't rank up though...I saw the requirements past Sgt Major and just chuckled.
Old 12-02-09, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Weird. Has that happened before? a few guys were doing that on my screen last night too.
I see this very very rarely.
Old 12-02-09, 10:32 PM

On a unrelated note: what the heck was with everybody team-shooting me last night? I'm looking at you Steve
The first time was with the rocket launcher against your tank, I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't lock on until you said "Same team, same team!".

I think I also lobbed a few tank shells your way for fun, I occasionally shoot at the same team to make them jump.
Old 12-03-09, 05:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by old_mate
...I occasionally shoot at the same team to make them jump.

Just remember that I usually load up 20% team damage...not sure whether Flip does or not.
Old 12-03-09, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Just remember that I usually load up 20% team damage...not sure whether Flip does or not.
Yessir.
Old 12-03-09, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yessir.
Which makes shooting your own team even funnier!
Old 12-03-09, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, we'll just see about all that when I host.
Old 12-03-09, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

A little bit of team damage has almost no effect on normal play...at least not until your team starts shooting you with a tank!
Old 12-07-09, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Are you hosting tomorrow, Flip?

My only map request would be a return of the knifes and 'nades lobby.
Old 12-07-09, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Are you hosting tomorrow, Flip?

My only map request would be a return of the knifes and 'nades lobby.
Sure thing. I'll do some hosting.

I need yo' map requests, people. That's only two. One for Slider and one from Chew. I've got one in mind. The rest of you are on notice.
Old 12-08-09, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It's quite in here.

Anybody besides me and flip gonna be on tonight?
Old 12-08-09, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The rest of you are on notice.
Old 12-08-09, 09:33 AM

I'll be on tonight.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.