Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Weekly Tuesday Warhawk night

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-09, 03:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Weekly Tuesday Warhawk night

oh yeah, also please don't put a level cap on. I think I may have finally leveled up now that I am using a warhawk which I think puts me over frizby's original cap. Only took like 8 months
Old 11-30-09, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by John Slider
As long as we get one TDM with the Eucadia - Northern Bridge map, I'm happy.
So it shall be done.

1. Slider - TDM: Eucadia - Northern Bridge

Get yer picks in or miss out!
Old 11-30-09, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Chew
Last time we went nuts with your maps, it didn't work out so well: I was forced to fly.

Although, I did have a ton of fun sitting in my turret and taking out digi's Warhawk every 30 seconds.....
Meh. That's why you bastages are pickin 'em!
Old 11-30-09, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by jdpatri
Oh, do we have a our MIAs back this week? If so, I'm more than happy to host this week.

And you know, with chess gone next week, we could add some more crazy maps... I'd love everyone that plans to play next week to contribute one map suggestion. I'll use no more than two maps per world. You name it, we'll play it. C'mon! You wanna get nuts? Let's get nuts.
This will end badly.

Old 11-30-09, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by John Slider
As long as we get one TDM with the Eucadia - Northern Bridge map, I'm happy.
I almost always put this in the rotation, but it's hit or miss. It seems like it's really easy to overrun the bases...especially the city.

Our TDM in Urban Strike last week was a blast though!
Old 11-30-09, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by chess
This will end badly.

Bad as in oh so good.
Old 12-01-09, 06:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

LOL...just be cognizant of the size and symmetry of the maps you load, especially on CTF.

You can probably get away with "too big" provided you have a balanced number of flyers, but a small CTF can be rough.
Old 12-01-09, 06:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yes, it does.

I guess you must start this process at least 15-20 minutes early, then?
Once you get it all down, it only takes 10 or so...even less if you already have a few rotations that don't require a ton of tweaking.

Side note: I was going to add you on my Xbox, but I see that lasted all of 2 days.
Buyer's remorse due to:

The general lack of functionality compared to PS3
My general lack of time to support two consoles
The extra costs of HD, WiFi, and Live...at $100, I was just getting started
I didn't like Gears, though I really expected to...wasn't a good sign.
Opportunity to make a few bucks
Old 12-01-09, 06:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I didn't like Gears, though I really expected to...wasn't a good sign.
I didn't like Gears either. But, Fable 2 and Mass Effect (two other exclusives you talked about) were two of my favorite games this year.
Old 12-01-09, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

In related news I bought a Slim for the bedroom as a backup for my 60G and I'm giving the 360 I got during that deal to my sister-in-law. We don't need no stinking XBOXes.
Old 12-01-09, 05:23 PM

so quiet in here you could almost hear my BALLZ drop

wait...
Old 12-01-09, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Am I hosting tonight?
Old 12-01-09, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Will assume I am unless otherwise informed...
Old 12-01-09, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Sorry fellas....had to bail...was feeling kind of aggravated.

I don't think I won a game all night, as the game automatically puts me opposite digi, and he's become positively dominant. Nothing against you digi...but I don't think any of the rest of us play the game any other time, and you're pretty much toying with us at this point...not purposefully, I'm sure, but I'll bet you won every time you played the full game tonight.

Will see you guys the week after next...maybe brushed up on my flight skills. Have fun next week and be excellent to each other.
Old 12-01-09, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Oh hell no! Dont you go talking aggrivated. That last level I did where you and Digi were on the same damn team and acted like Siamese Twins digging into my ass like Alabama ticks was bull. You never left eachothers side!@ He had a tank you had the air and I couldnt get the damn flag as all I got was TOW by you or hit with the tank, plus my teammates were napping! . I was cussing up a storm. You guys should not be on the same team.

I got you fuckers good though when I got the flag point in the last few seconds and (Chew I think?) yelled "We got a point??!!" That made it all worth it. Before that level though, I was having fun

Last edited by Ravenous; 12-01-09 at 10:06 PM.
Old 12-01-09, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Ravenous
Oh hell no! Dont you go talking aggrivated. That last level I did where you and Digi were on the same damn team and acted like Siamese Twins digging into my ass like Alabama ticks was bull. You never left eachothers side!@ He had a tank you had the air and I couldnt get the damn flag as all I got was TOW by you or hit with the tank, plus my teammates were napping! . I was cussing up a storm. You guys should not be on the same team.

I got you fuckers good though when I got the flag point in the last few seconds and (Chew I think?) yelled "We got a point??!!" That made it all worth it. Before that level though, I was having fun
I can't speak for digi, but I was pretty much freelancing and blowing off steam that game...ironically probably the only game digi didn't win outright.
Old 12-02-09, 05:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Observations:

I rank limit at Sgt Major for a reason...namely the fact that I saw the requirements to go beyond Sgt Major and said "yeah...that's never gonna happen". Basically, if you can pull them off, you're pretty damn good.

Digi and I on the same team is good when the numbers are lopsided. We can have a good competitive game of 2:3, 3:4 or even 2:4. But yeah, under normal circumstances, it's probably not good. Unfortunately, it was the only game I got to relax at all last night.

Flip/Chew, please always uncheck balanced teams. It's broken, mostly because many folks are much better than their ranks (or much worse in my case having not played competitively in a very long time). It will also pit the 1 and 3 ranked players against the 2 and 4 ranked players, when 1/4 vs. 2/3 would be a more competitive game. It works better in ranked games online, but for our purposes team balancing it's worthless.

I've lost the ability to effectively dogfight with someone who knows what they are doing...guess a year and a half will do that.

Of course, it doesn't help that I'm having a shite couple of weeks at work and have to fly to DC this weekend. I got up at 4 this morning just to have a prayer of getting my list done today. I had to get to bed 1) early and 2) not aggrevated, so I appreciate folks' patience w/ me on the Eucadia map. I needed that.
Old 12-02-09, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Observations:

I rank limit at Sgt Major for a reason...namely the fact that I saw the requirements to go beyond Sgt Major and said "yeah...that's never gonna happen". Basically, if you can pull them off, you're pretty damn good.

Digi and I on the same team is good when the numbers are lopsided. We can have a good competitive game of 2:3, 3:4 or even 2:4. But yeah, under normal circumstances, it's probably not good. Unfortunately, it was the only game I got to relax at all last night.

Flip/Chew, please always uncheck balanced teams. It's broken, mostly because many folks are much better than their ranks (or much worse in my case having not played competitively in a very long time). It will also pit the 1 and 3 ranked players against the 2 and 4 ranked players, when 1/4 vs. 2/3 would be a more competitive game. It works better in ranked games online, but for our purposes team balancing it's worthless.

I've lost the ability to effectively dogfight with someone who knows what they are doing...guess a year and a half will do that.

Of course, it doesn't help that I'm having a shite couple of weeks at work and have to fly to DC this weekend. I got up at 4 this morning just to have a prayer of getting my list done today. I had to get to bed 1) early and 2) not aggrevated, so I appreciate folks' patience w/ me on the Eucadia map. I needed that.
Balanced teams was unchecked last night.

chess, even if you were frustrated, I thought we had a few pretty terrific games last night. There was only one lopsided game once we got everyone in last night. Though you were ready to choke a bitch, you were keeping digi occupied long enough for the rest of us to put up a fight on the ground before digi got to us. You're just feeling what the rest of us feel every time we go up in the air against you and/or digi.
Old 12-02-09, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Ravenous

I was doing the celebrating, but yeah that was rough going. If it's the game I remember, I was doing zone capturing the whole game so the opposite team wouldn't have free run of the bases and when I had the opportunity I made flag runs. It amounted to me capturing a zone, getting capped by digi and hoping to respawn before he could recapture. I still had fun that game. I like the challenge of the lot of us against digi/friz because I don't get the feeling they're ever hanging back a bit to watch us entertain them with our shenanigans. They do their thing and we do ours, whatever that might be.
Old 12-02-09, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

You're just feeling what the rest of us feel every time we go up in the air against you and/or digi.
Exactly. Only, in my case, I'm always on the short end against a Warhawk because I'm on the ground. (except when I'm in a missle turret--and don't suicide myself)

I like the challenge of the lot of us against digi/friz because I don't get the feeling they're ever hanging back a bit to watch us entertain them with our shenanigans. They do their thing and we do ours, whatever that might be.
I agree and almost think this should be a weekly requirement now: chess/digi together on a team with at least two-three less players than the other. They don't have to hold back, (just from a numbers standpoint) we feel like we have a chance, and maybe nobody gets frustrated.

I know 2 weeks ago when it was 4 on 2, that was probably the most fun I've had in a long time.

On a unrelated note: what the heck was with everybody team-shooting me last night? I'm looking at you Steve

Last edited by Chew; 12-02-09 at 09:01 AM.
Old 12-02-09, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

On a unrelated note: what the heck was with everybody team-shooting me last night? I'm looking at you Steve
I didn't team-shoot you last night!
Old 12-02-09, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Exactly. Only, in my case, I'm always on the short end against a Warhawk because I'm on the ground. (except when I'm in a missle turret--and don't suicide myself)
Fair enough.

Because I keep him occupied (marginally), you guys probably aren't seeing just how good he's gotten. As long as you guys are OK with one team winning every game, I'm happy to roll with it. Maybe we need to do more manual adjusting of teams to mix it up a bit. The game seems to get stuck on certain arrangements even in random mode.

I agree and almost think this should be a weekly requirement now: chess/digi together on a team with at least two-three less players than the other. They don't have to hold back, (just from a numbers standpoint) we feel like we have a chance, and maybe nobody gets frustrated.

I know 2 weeks ago when it was 4 on 2, that was probably the most fun I've had in a long time.
That game was a blast. I never get to have digi on my team the way things are set up now, and he's a fun teammate...especially given that he's several orders of magnitude better than me.

Steve is a loose cannon.
Old 12-02-09, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I didn't team-shoot you last night!
I did.
Old 12-02-09, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Balanced teams was unchecked last night.
Hmmm...odd.

chess, even if you were frustrated, I thought we had a few pretty terrific games last night. There was only one lopsided game once we got everyone in last night. Though you were ready to choke a bitch, you were keeping digi occupied long enough for the rest of us to put up a fight on the ground before digi got to us. You're just feeling what the rest of us feel every time we go up in the air against you and/or digi.
Maybe so!

I don't think we had a close game last night though...and my team didn't win a single one. I think I might have won the lobby though!
Old 12-02-09, 10:51 AM

Hmmm...odd.

Maybe so!

I don't think we had a close game last night though...and my team didn't win a single one. I think I might have won the lobby though!
Funny thing is is that I decided to learn how to fly a warhawk because I was tired of you owning the air all the time as before even if we had 3 warhawks in the air you would be able to at least tie us all up and make it an uneven ground battle. I also think you severely overestimate my ability and honestly I think it is more because I am just good enough now to actually mount a sustained dogfight against you so that you can no longer multi task. And then add in the fact that I think I usually had Flip on my team as well to get 2x1 in the air. I also learned where all the TOWs are

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.