Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Official LittleBigPlanet Thread Part 2 : LittlerLater

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-09, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re: Official LittleBigPlanet Thread Part 2 : LittlerLater

Originally Posted by chrisfelice
Towering Inferno is a PITA... I broke it a couple times... had to restart as there was no way to continue

Indy was fun...
Towering Inferno was my first try, and it was designed to be a bit evil...not sure where you'd get stuck though...more likely, the place you needed to go was off-screen (a foul in and of itself, i suppose). I may go in and drop better arrows.

On Indy I was getting a better grasp of the tools...particularly the emitters. Glad you liked it.
Old 01-07-09, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Played the Indy level tonight and thought it was great! Good work Chess!
Old 01-07-09, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,210 Likes on 4,236 Posts

Originally Posted by C-Mart
Maybe I'm just lame (a STRONG possibility, actually), but I couldn't make the leap from the last swinging skull to the top of the tree. Was I doing something wrong there or is it just a timing thing?

Either way, that writhing snake that gives you a boost to the skulls was brilliant.
Old 01-07-09, 07:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Decker
Maybe I'm just lame (a STRONG possibility, actually), but I couldn't make the leap from the last swinging skull to the top of the tree. Was I doing something wrong there or is it just a timing thing?
It was a timing thing...and I tend to err on the side of being too difficult. Depending on what time you played it last night, it may be easier now. I made a slight adjustment to the length of the rope last night to specifically make that part more manageable. Give it another go if you have time...you're just getting started.

Either way, that writhing snake that gives you a boost to the skulls was brilliant.
I was actually more worried that people would struggle with that than the skulls. Go figure.
Old 01-07-09, 07:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by C-Mart
Thanks! It's mostly stock stuff that the game gives you, so nothing terribly clever, but it was a lot of fun to make, and I enjoy playing it.

I think I had the most fun with the music, as you can really use it to set the mood.
Old 01-07-09, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,210 Likes on 4,236 Posts

I played it several days ago. I'll check it out again. Thanks.
Old 01-07-09, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Every time I see this thread pop up I think "Man I need to play this game more!" I really need to get at least 1 level published before this game goes on the shelf! Not that I want this game on the shelf, but that's just what happens - I get busy in life and forget to play games.
Old 01-07-09, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I got to watch Groucho play a bit of my level tonight...not really sure how that worked, but it was a really fun moment for me...somebody having fun (hopefully) with something I built.

I f'ing love this game.

Cue clever sarcatic remark in 3, 2, ....
Old 01-07-09, 07:46 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

My kids saw an "Indiana Jones" level on my hearted list and demanded I play it for them. They thought it was great. I enjoy the level immensely myself as well.
Old 01-07-09, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Groucho
My kids saw an "Indiana Jones" level on my hearted list and demanded I play it for them. They thought it was great. I enjoy the level immensely myself as well.
That wasn't clever OR sarcastic.

I'm deeply disappointed.
Old 01-07-09, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by chess
Towering Inferno was my first try, and it was designed to be a bit evil...not sure where you'd get stuck though...more likely, the place you needed to go was off-screen (a foul in and of itself, i suppose). I may go in and drop better arrows.

On Indy I was getting a better grasp of the tools...particularly the emitters. Glad you liked it.
Where I broke it was: Parachute down to catapult. Catapult shot me back to parachute. I rode the parachute back down to the catapult, but it was now stuck in the "thrown" position, and I couldn't get it back to where I could grab it. So, I was stuck in that lower area with nothing but fire on either side, and no way to get back on the catapult.
Old 01-08-09, 04:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by chrisfelice
Where I broke it was: Parachute down to catapult. Catapult shot me back to parachute. I rode the parachute back down to the catapult, but it was now stuck in the "thrown" position, and I couldn't get it back to where I could grab it. So, I was stuck in that lower area with nothing but fire on either side, and no way to get back on the catapult.
Got it...tried to minimize the possibility of that, but couldn't eliminate it...ultimately kept the trebuchet as a calculated risk.

I'll tweak that a bit tonight and see if it's fixable.

Thanks for the feedback. It's harder to break your own level, because you know how YOU want it to be played. My son broke Indiana Jones the other night in a way that simply never occurred to me...but was obvious in hindsight. I fixed it, of course.
Old 01-08-09, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

So I just started this last night with my girlfriend and had a BLAST. Definitely what I was expecting plus more. The controls a re a little touchy sometimes for the z axis, but all around we both had a lot of fun. I can't wait to start diving in to the online portion of it which is the best part from what I hear.
Old 01-08-09, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Life has taken me in other directions so I haven't been in for a while. I'll look for the Indy level as well!
Old 01-08-09, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Sony has said that LittleBigPlanet has sold 1.3 million copies. Not a blockbuster, but quite a success for new IP.

http://kotaku.com/5126304/ces-09-kaz...-at-17-million
Old 01-08-09, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by The Bus
Sony has said that LittleBigPlanet has sold 1.3 million copies. Not a blockbuster, but quite a success for new IP.

http://kotaku.com/5126304/ces-09-kaz...-at-17-million
I really think the game will have legs too...sort of the same way that Boom Blox did on the Wii.
Old 01-12-09, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

<embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="500" height="319" src="http://gamevideos.1up.com/swf/gamevideos12.swf?embedded=1&fullscreen=1&autoplay=0&src=http://gamevideos.1up.com/do/videoListXML%3Fid%3D23239%26adPlay%3Dtrue" align="middle"></embed>Little Big Planet 'Rick Astley Never Gonna Give You Up' music video
Old 01-12-09, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sack Roll'd
Old 01-15-09, 07:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Well, I just started playing this, and I got to the first point where there are items you can't get without a second player. I thought that was annoying, but I figured I'd dust off my Sixaxis and get them.

However, after connecting it, I no longer get the option to play the game by myself. The option is only "play on our own," not "play on my own." Of course, if I start the level, I have the second sackboy standing there and I can't proceed unless he does. I thought I could just get there on my own, then jump in with the second controller later in the level.

Am I missing a setting somewhere, or am I really going to have to deactivate the other controller if I want to play a single-player game? I have an arcade stick connected, but I guess the game isn't detecting it because it doesn't have analog control.
Old 01-15-09, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

you need to turn off the 2nd controller to get rid of your second sack
Old 01-15-09, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by redbill
you need to turn off the 2nd controller to get rid of your second sack
Wow, what a poor design decision. In 25 years of games, I can't recall another that forces you into a 2-player mode because you have another controller connected.
Old 01-15-09, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ps3 is really weird about controllers. I recently had to turn off auto-shut off on my controllers because of Rock Band. The 6-axis would shut off, and then the game would get confused, and I'd have to turn it on, then unplug and turn off guitar and all this crap to get it straight. Also, some games don't work unless the 6-axis is #1, so I have to unplug my guitars when not playing RB. I've heard Fallout 3 acts weird unless the controller is #1 also, the VAT doesn't work or something.
Old 01-15-09, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by redbill
Also, some games don't work unless the 6-axis is #1, so I have to unplug my guitars when not playing RB.
While not a RB guitar, my Bluetooth dongle for my remote control is always plugged into USB and shows up as Controller #1 when trying to play games. Rather than unplug you can hit the PS button on the controller you want to use while in a game and reassign the controller to slot #1. This needs to be done every time you turn it on.

Annoying, yes, but not as annoying as unplugging stuff.

Jamie
Old 01-15-09, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think you're right, that does work, but I'm usually pissed off when it happens so I just rip out the usb plugs instead.
Old 01-15-09, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, I have to reassign my controller to port 1 every time I turn it on, because any wired peripherals take the first ports. Many games require it to be port 1, but some work with port 3. I've just gotten into the habit of changing it every time.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.