Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Official LittleBigPlanet Thread Part 2 : LittlerLater

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-08, 03:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
The only way to share them is to share your account and they can download them from your purchase history in the store. It's up to you on whether you trust other people enough to give them your PSN info.
Old 12-26-08, 07:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bought the MGS levels but not the costumes. Are the costumes not included in the levels? :-( I have all of the free ones and I just may bite and get these as well.
Old 12-26-08, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,210 Likes on 4,236 Posts
Originally Posted by HotThang
I bought the MGS levels but not the costumes. Are the costumes not included in the levels? :-( I have all of the free ones and I just may bite and get these as well.
You quickly earn a MGS soldier costume, but the four that you see for sale (Old Snake, Meryl, Mantis and Raiden) are for individual purchase ($1.99 each or $5.99 for all four).

Just tried "Little Dead Space" last night. I hadn't tried it since I never played the game. Wow, that level is amazing. Great use of lighting (there are parts that are so dark you can only see the glow from the LED on Old Snake's eyepatch). That is BY FAR the best user-created level I've seen.
Old 12-26-08, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Can someone help me out on how to share downloadable content between users on the same ps3? I have my main user which I buy and download stuff. When my girlffriend plays on the same ps3 if she isn't logged in as me, she doesnt have access to the costumes I downloaded. So, we gave her an account to download the free costumes. But now with the MGS level pack, I'm certainly not going to pay for that again. We tried logging in as me to the PSStore under her user, but it won't let me, because that login is linked to another user already.
Old 12-28-08, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by chrisfelice
Although... for some reason, I have aced the levels, and gotten almost all the goods... but for some reason it won't "save" it... when, I open the levels, all the levels are locked again...

Weird...
So... spent 6 hours working on my level last night... turned on the PS3 to show the wife today... all gone... nothing saved... I almost cried a little...

Seems the MGS save problem should have been the eye-opener for me to a larger problem...

Apparently, if you have "too much community stuff" saved, you can't save YOUR stuff... (found this posted on a number of sites, including MM)

I went through and deleted all the community stickers, and re-played the MGS levels... turn off the PS3, and Viola... everything saved...

I really hope MM increases the "Community Content Cap", since I am NOT a big "community fan" (yet) and I was maxed out...
Old 12-28-08, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by redbill
Can someone help me out on how to share downloadable content between users on the same ps3? I have my main user which I buy and download stuff. When my girlffriend plays on the same ps3 if she isn't logged in as me, she doesnt have access to the costumes I downloaded. So, we gave her an account to download the free costumes. But now with the MGS level pack, I'm certainly not going to pay for that again. We tried logging in as me to the PSStore under her user, but it won't let me, because that login is linked to another user already.
Hmmm... it should just work automatically. I downloaded it on my account and my gf had immediate access to it when she played under her user id. However, her brother had some issues but it seemed as if that was because he was unable to connect to the internet and therefore have access to the LBP Store.

Then again, my gf's account is a sub-account. So maybe that's the difference. I'll have to go do some more research.
Old 12-29-08, 07:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
whats a sub account? she only plays LBP, and wants to have her own profile, so she can save her outfits, but wants access to everything I buy & unlock if she plays by herself.
Old 12-29-08, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by redbill
whats a sub account? she only plays LBP, and wants to have her own profile, so she can save her outfits, but wants access to everything I buy & unlock if she plays by herself.
A sub-account is a PSN account which is tied to your master account. However, I still don't think this is necessary. I haven't had time to check how everything works on our PS3 here, but she should be able to have access to everything you download for your account.

Has she played the game and launched it from her user id as opposed to just joining you in a game? To activate DLC on a user profile, you have to launch from that profile.

Also, has she played on-line a lot? If so, there's a chance that she's collected so much community stuff that it's not allowing her access to the MGS DLC.
Old 12-29-08, 04:19 PM

Hey redbill

To access the MGS levels you have to have completed The Gardens. After having done that, you will have access to the LittleBigStore and in there you can select the MGS levels. So, has your girlfriend completed the Gardens?

I check on my ps3 and we have subaccounts and master accounts all accessing the MGS levels. It just required completing the gardens to unlock access to it.

Hope that helps.
Old 01-01-09, 07:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Finished my first level! It's a bit on the challenging side, but that was the point. I also used a lot of momentum based challenges, which is the most interesting thing about the game to me.

It's called Towering Inferno 1.0 if anybody wants to try it...and let me know what you think.

Old 01-01-09, 06:59 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
For my own information:

The MSG "level pack" includes playable levels, right?

But the Festive "level pack" is only objects and stickers, right?
Old 01-01-09, 07:01 PM

That is correct.
Old 01-02-09, 01:27 AM

Yeah, MGS-inspired levels. I have no idea how they can be included in the download that's only 1500 KB in size. Maybe it's a key that unlocks levels downloaded in the most recent update?

Oh, remember that the MGS pack doesn't contain the character costumes, but you can unlock a soldier costume by playing it. The Old Snake costume is totally worth the extra $1.99.
Old 01-02-09, 03:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just published my first try at a level (appropriately entitled "First Try"). User name is Mazje. It's still a work in progress, and it's short, but give it a run-through and tell me what you think.
Old 01-03-09, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Decker
Just tried "Little Dead Space" last night. I hadn't tried it since I never played the game. Wow, that level is amazing. Great use of lighting (there are parts that are so dark you can only see the glow from the LED on Old Snake's eyepatch). That is BY FAR the best user-created level I've seen.
Agree that Little Dead Space is impressive in terms of lighting and storytelling, but there's not really much gameplay there. My favorites right now are called "pixelation"...pure platforming goodness with gameboy graphics (in an arty kind of way"...very cool. I also played a very cool Metal Gear Solid VR mission level this morning.

For the OP, I took the "1.0" off of Towering Inferno, and I really hope folks will give LittleBIG Indy a try. It has a low rating now, because I initially published it broken.

Search username "Frizby"
Old 01-03-09, 10:36 AM

I've updated the OP accordingly. I'll try to check out your levels.
Old 01-03-09, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I played a few of the levels in the OP. Avian Temple had some really cool stuff in it...especially liked the flipping bird enemies. Digestive Dan was good enough, but I must've tried for 10 minutes to get all 3 fruit between that dude's teeth before I realized they had to move on through the level.

You guys need to check out a level called "which way is up" and the rest of the levels by the same dude. He's done some really clever stuff.
Old 01-06-09, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

re: Official LittleBigPlanet Thread Part 2 : LittlerLater

I'm disappointed to not see more discussion on this game. For me, it's the best thing I've played with since my first Lego set. Hopefully, it will gain steam over time.

Anyway, a couple more recommendations

"Jack McSetback and the Spiky Stone of Doom" (this guy did some brilliant work building complex pully mechanisms where I would probably have taken shortcuts...truly amazing stuff)

"Gears of What?" (A rolling level...sometimes frustrating, but still great...and beautiful)

I also picked up the MGS pack...well worth the $6. That stuff is on the disk though...download was tiny and was likely an unlock key. Makes sense though...they had to pay Konami, I'm sure.

Finally, I changed the name of my Indy Level to "Little Big Indiana Jones", and it's evolved quite a bit. It's at 3 stars now, but as much as it has improved over the past couple of days, I hope to see it get to 4.
Old 01-06-09, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Well guys, after beating a few games over Christmas break I think it is time for me to dive into LBP. I'm picking it up tonight and can't wait to play it.
Old 01-06-09, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

i would love to add some people to my list who play this on a regular basis. I would love to play with someone other than my wife because she gets annoyed when I only use her here and there for the two player parts.
Old 01-06-09, 10:38 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

MasterofDVD (or anybody else) can feel free to add me. I'm having bad luck finding strangers to work on the multiplayer parts with me.

PSN id is RunnerGroucho.
Old 01-06-09, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Will send all 3 of you friend requests tonight...look for PSN ID "frisby"

...and play my levels if you get a chance.
Old 01-06-09, 04:23 PM

I play it almost daily...
Been working on my level, and find it extremely time consuming... I have little, to no creativity bones in my body, so the level has a point, but is not "pretty"...

I will say this though... playing through the game was a ton of fun, but what went "into" creating those levels was not noticed the first time around...

Now that I know what is involved with creating things, I am AMAZED at what I see in user levels, and I find myself going back to the MM Levels and reverse-engineering how they did things... I don't want to "steal" other people's ideas, but knowing how something was done definitely sparks some development.

I added everyone on this thread a while back, and still have 8-10 requests that were never answered... Just add me, "Nxlr8", and put DVDTalk in the subject of the add so I know you're not some spammer.
Old 01-06-09, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by chess
I also picked up the MGS pack...well worth the $6. That stuff is on the disk though...download was tiny and was likely an unlock key. Makes sense though...they had to pay Konami, I'm sure.
I posted this a page back : at the same time this content came out, there was a 32 MB update required. I'm sure the levels are on that and that this is an unlock key. So not actually on the disc, but not in the purchased download either.
Old 01-06-09, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by chess
Will send all 3 of you friend requests tonight...look for PSN ID "frisby"

...and play my levels if you get a chance.
Towering Inferno is a PITA... I broke it a couple times... had to restart as there was no way to continue

Indy was fun...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.