Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Fable II

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-09, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are there "negatives" to sleeping in a bed you don't own or rent?
Old 04-01-09, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts
Re: Fable II

I *think* since you're technically trespassing, your Evil might go up, but I don't recall any actual negative thing happening directly related to sleeping in another bed.
Old 04-01-09, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by chew
are there "negatives" to sleeping in a bed you don't own or rent?
vd.
Old 04-03-09, 06:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Is it true that once you have dog elixir, it will never run out?

I had a rough time with the Balvarines last night.
Old 04-03-09, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^
|
Yep, the dog elixir never runs out.

Yea the Balvarine's can get pretty hectic. Try to keep them at bay with your magic and gun.
Old 04-03-09, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I was able to make it until the Balvarine's without using any magic. Of course, once I did: I realized just how crappy the spell usage and set-up is!

Is a gun/rifle a quicker reload than a crossbow?
Old 04-03-09, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yea, the spell system can be a lil annoying, especially in the heat of battle.

Typically, the pistols have the shortest reload time, with the crossbow in the middle and the rifle last with the longest reload time
Old 04-03-09, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Cool, thanks.
Old 04-06-09, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

New DLC details released. Taken from consolemonster.com

We knew it was coming, but Microsoft has today revealed brand spanking new details regarding the new Fable II downloadable content.

The content, known as “See the Future” gives players the chance to heed the call for a hero to restore colour and balance to the world, or let Albion fall to the wayside. Those who emerge victorious will receive the ultimate reward: a quest that provides a vision of Albion’s future and what lies ahead for those born into the heroic bloodline. The new quests in “See the Future” will bring players face-to-face with new characters, creatures, events and legendary artefacts, including:

* Murgo: Having first met him during the childhood sequence of “Fable II,” Murgo returns to Bowerstone Market to bring an amazing array of new wares, including potions that can transform canine companions into new breeds.

* The Ghosts of the Snowglobe Quest: Holding a disturbing secret, the small model village inside it was once a real town in Albion. The people who once inhabited it are now ghosts condemned to endless torment until the shadowy threat that cursed them is defeated.

* The Cursed Knight Quest: Forever banished to a land beyond the dead, the Cursed Knight awaits a hero who has the strength and will to dress up in convincing costumes, even imitating a hobbe or balverine, to save him from his fate.

* The Colosseum: The Colosseum puts even the Crucible to shame. Only the greatest heroes have triumphed here. Players’ abilities will be put to the test to prove themselves in combat once and for all, to win the ultimate in prizes.

Knothole Island finally released this year after a few delays.

As with Knothole Island, See the Future will offer free unique items including Welley’s soldier helmet, a braided ponytail, pshyco Jester make-up, a new hero expression, the back flip trick for the dog, a collectible Murgo the Trader statue and more.
I skipped out on Knothole Island, but this one sounds interesting. May pick this one up, depending on my mood when it releases
Old 04-06-09, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm currently borrowing the game from a friend of mine, but I like it so much I want my own copy (not only to play through again on the other end of the morality spectrum, but for the new DLC next month).

Even though I've been using the standard edition, can I get the CE and still retain my save file? The CE disc looks to include additional content, so I don't think it's the "same one" as the standard (which brought on the question). The one or two other CEs I've seen have the same first disc, with all the extras on another.
Old 04-06-09, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yea, you can get the CE and still retain your save file. The CE contains the exact same disc as the standard edition. The extra disc contains a "making of" movie (which I never even watched ) and the "extra content" isn't even on the disc, its downloaded from Live with a code inside the case. Unless your a Halo (the main extra content is a Halo suit) or Fable fanatic, stick with the standard edition.
Old 04-06-09, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Bandit03
Yea, you can get the CE and still retain your save file. The CE contains the exact same disc as the standard edition. The extra disc contains a "making of" movie (which I never even watched ) and the "extra content" isn't even on the disc, its downloaded from Live with a code inside the case. Unless your a Halo (the main extra content is a Halo suit) or Fable fanatic, stick with the standard edition.
How's the extra dungeon or whatever?

I got the LE but sold off the code on ebay, which pretty much paid for the game itself. I figured the content would be available at some point on the Xbox Live Marketplace, but the extra dungeon was the only thing that peaked my interest.

(I also just finished playing through the original Fable again in preparation for Fable II.)
Old 04-07-09, 06:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Hmmm. I didn't know the extra content was via a code (other than the Halo stuff). The used copies I'm finding for cheap likely will have used the code already.

Alright, standard edition it is. Thanks
Old 04-07-09, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by TLwizard
How's the extra dungeon or whatever?
The dungeon took about 5 minutes to run through and the exclusive weapon that you get at the end wasn't even worth it
Old 04-07-09, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Chew
Hmmm. I didn't know the extra content was via a code (other than the Halo stuff). The used copies I'm finding for cheap likely will have used the code already.

Alright, standard edition it is. Thanks
Don't be so quick to give up on the LE. As per my post above yours, I bought the LE off half.com with the code for $40 and then sold the code on ebay for $56. So after all the fees and stuff, I got the game for free and have a few bucks left to dedicate to the DLC.

Originally Posted by Bandit03
The dungeon took about 5 minutes to run through and the exclusive weapon that you get at the end wasn't even worth it
Thanks. I never felt bad about getting rid of it but I was curious. However, I am curious no longer.

Can't wait to start playing!
Old 04-10-09, 06:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I finished the main quest last night:

Spoiler:
I don't know how I feel about it. Lucien is so powerful you could never really beat him, so it makes sense. Yet, that makes for a pretty anti-climatic ending.

Then I went on the Rescuing Charlie quest. I'm fighting off the bad guys and am just about out. I turn around and see something outlined in red, can't really make it out. But, it's outlined in red, so I shoot at it. It's Charlie! I certainly didn't intend that, nor did I even know I had turned off the safety.

And that's one thing I don't like about this game: it's far too easy to do something you don't intend to. Another example, I've cast spells in the middle of town because I've hit the "Back" button one too many times.
Old 04-10-09, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,198 Likes on 4,225 Posts

And that's one thing I don't like about this game: it's far too easy to do something you don't intend to. Another example, I've cast spells in the middle of town because I've hit the "Back" button one too many times.
I mentioned that ages ago in this thread. How did they not realize during testing that everyone is going to accidently cast spells and freak out the villagers all the time? Just bad design, there.
Old 04-10-09, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Maybe subconsciously you really did intend to cast those spells and your just an evil person deep inside
Old 04-10-09, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts

You gotta admit, it's fun hearing them scream and run away
Old 04-12-09, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I just finished the main quest. The ending to it is the problem with the entire game- the storytelling sucks. Whatever, it's a Molyneux game, I should have expected it.
Old 04-14-09, 12:55 PM

I just started playing this game yesterday. So far it seems okay. I should probably read the manual but how the hell do you get that little command box in the bottom left hand corner to popup? It seems to come and go whenever it wants.
Old 04-14-09, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet
I just finished the main quest. The ending to it is the problem with the entire game- the storytelling sucks. Whatever, it's a Molyneux game, I should have expected it.
Got my first copy of the Official Xbox magazine yesterday and Fable 2 was the first one they talked about in their "bad endings" section.
Old 04-14-09, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Krayzie
I just started playing this game yesterday. So far it seems okay. I should probably read the manual but how the hell do you get that little command box in the bottom left hand corner to popup? It seems to come and go whenever it wants.
That box pretty much pops up when you really need to use it. Ability upgrade, dig spot, facing your dog, facing a person, document to read, etc.

If it's not there, you don't really need it at that point.
Old 04-15-09, 02:24 PM

That box pretty much pops up when you really need to use it. Ability upgrade, dig spot, facing your dog, facing a person, document to read, etc.

If it's not there, you don't really need it at that point.
Damn! My plan to dig holes all over town has been foiled!
Old 04-30-09, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The "See the Future" DLC will be available 05/12.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.