Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Street Fighter 4 Announced

Old 02-22-09, 11:37 AM

Re: Street Fighter 4 Announced

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post

There is no fucking way that I should be perfected by the game's (cheap) AI on it's easiest setting, not even the easy setting, but EASIEST - WTF! That is bullshit of the highest order.

I'm not even talking about Seth, but a couple fighters before - at that point, the game is already no longer fun and then Seth makes things even worse. Oh, and I tried the different difficulty settings - I hardly noticed a difference between them. They better patch this shit up and make the difficulty settings actually reflect what they're called.
Thats unfortunately the reason I can no longer play these games, I feel like the AI is always the taking the cheapest route to kick my ass and make me incredibly frustrated. I know I'm no game Wizard like Kevin Arnold, but I should be able to at least jump in the air without immediately being countered and knocked out.
Old 02-22-09, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by fumanstan View Post
That's what she said

I think i'll just stay away from this game altogether after hearing how frustrated people are by the cheesy end boss.
Old 02-22-09, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Dragon Fly View Post
Damn dude, that's rough. I find Medium is just the right difficulty for me up until I fight Seth. Then he goes ape-shit on me and i want to throw the controller through the window.

Easiest is what I used to unlock akuma and gouken, just because of what's involved with getting their characters. Occasionally the AI will bust out some moves even on that setting, but I've found that just about every character right up to Seth just stands there and takes it. Drop the fight count down to one round and time limit to 30 seconds and you might stand a better chance. Do some damage and just stay away until time runs out.

Once I unlock Seth I don't think i'll be going back to the arcade mode. It's just not fun. Then again, it really is the best way to guarantee that you'll find someone else to fight against on Xbox Live. Quick and Custom searches just don't work.
My buddy and I were playing last night and I had to turn off the challenge settings because we kept getting challenged and couldn't get anywhere.

I agree about Seth him after winning the first round is ridiculous and we just gave up.

I am sure this is a non-issue for a lot of people but do not try to play this game on a non-hd tv because my friend tried it on a tube tv and said it looked so bad he almost pulled it out of his box and put it up on craigslist right away. He decided to kick the woman out of the living room and try it on a good tv and decided to keep it.
Old 02-22-09, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I went through a few more times on various easy settings, finishing the game with Guile and Sakura. I had some problems with Seth on the second to easiest difficulty, but nothing terrible. I beat Seth easily with Sakura on the easiest setting. He's hard, but on the easiest difficulties I didn't find it him that cheap.

I watched the Ties that Bind movie that came with the CE this morning. It's not too bad, the animation style is pretty plain as it's only a bit better then the videos you see in the intros/endings of the characters. It's not a bad movie though, and explains Seth, S.I.N, the device Seth uses, the C. Viper character, and Shadaloo's involvement a bit. Honestly it probably should have been included with the normal game so everyone can know the storyline, else the anime scenes during the game make a lot less sense.

Last edited by fumanstan; 02-22-09 at 12:34 PM.
Old 02-22-09, 01:24 PM

I've been getting my ass handed to me today, but for some reason I keep going back go it.
Old 02-22-09, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Do the SF sticks work with PS2 on the PS3?

EDIT: Found the answer. They do not.
Old 02-22-09, 04:20 PM

Can anyone tell me a good arcade stick to buy for this game? Or is there one that is scheduled to be released and I should wait for it? Please let me know.
Old 02-22-09, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

PS2 sticks should mostly work with a ps2 to usb adapter. Look for some old crap.
Old 02-23-09, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

On easiest this game is almost too easy. I wanted to unlock all the characters but I feel like I'm cheating putting it on easiest.

Playing this online is so much fun. I have been cracked out on it all weekend long. Must... play... more...
Old 02-23-09, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by steebo777 View Post
Playing this online is so much fun.
It's no fun if you suck.
Old 02-23-09, 09:46 AM
DVD & Video Game Reviewer

Originally Posted by Frenzy View Post
It's no fun if you suck.
practice makes perfect man. The only way you'll get better is if you play and try new things to see what works for you.
Old 02-23-09, 09:48 AM

finally got my ps3 back online, should be on tonight playing...can't wait to try the online experience
Old 02-23-09, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think the online portion is much better than SSFIIHD as I rarely get booted or have connection issues.

Anyone pre-order this from Blockbuster? I got a framed plague that has Ken, Ryu and Chun-Li and is limited numbered. I'm thinking about just throwing it up on ebay to see if anyone out there would want it as I don't need it.
Old 02-23-09, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Dragon Fly View Post
practice makes perfect man. The only way you'll get better is if you play and try new things to see what works for you.
That and you get to see what others are doing with the characters.
Old 02-23-09, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The CE is back in stock at Amazon.
Old 02-23-09, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DthRdrX View Post
The CE is back in stock at Amazon.
Thank you! Just ordered and I'm cancelling my Deep Discount order...
Old 02-23-09, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

For those having problems beating Seth on easiest, you can generally roundhouse kick in either crouching or walking up to him. My 5 year old son beat Seth 2 or 3 times only using roundhouse. We also put it on 1 round, like others have suggested. Don't worry about trying to use actual moves for the characters you don't know.
Old 02-23-09, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by fumanstan View Post
I've gone through the game now with Ken, Ryu, and Chun-Li. I don't think the anime sequences are that bad. Certainly better then previous "stories" in the Street Fighter series.

Meanwhile, Chun-Li doesn't say "yatta" anymore She says it in english
Did you change her voice to JP? After you beat the game once, you get the option to change voices to JP (either all of them at once, or individual characters). It also changes the crappy opening theme to Japanese, though I heard it enough in English to haunt me anyway.

As for Seth... people say he gets insanely difficult in round 2, but I've only played it with one round victories, to cut the time it takes to get the secret characters. Sometimes he uses his cheap little moves on me, but it hasn't taken more than a couple of tries to beat him so far. Nothing close to, say, Vader vs. that Force Unleashed guy in Soul Calibur.

You have my respect if you can play it with the PS3 d-pad, even more if you can play with the 360 d-pad. I have a HRAP3 and I still suck, but I can't imagine how much more I would suck with the stock controllers.
Old 02-23-09, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I'm using the stock 360 pad and it hasn't been too bad, other then my thumbs hurting after playing a good amount all weekend. I've been able to pull off all the super and ultra combos without much problem, but like rabbit said earlier i've played around with SF2HD lately for practice.
Old 02-23-09, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The stock ps3 d-pad works extremely well. I didn't play a whole lot of SFII in arcades but a crap-ton on SNES only with a stock controller and dpad.
Old 02-23-09, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I guess my controllers are pretty rare for the time being. The fightstick is listed at $170 on Amazon and the pad at around $70.

Maybe I should cash in and buy more later.

Spoilered for size

Spoiler:

= J
Old 02-23-09, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Two questions.

1.) How is the video quality on the PS3 CE Blu-Ray movie?
2.) Is the movie any good?
Old 02-24-09, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by fujishig View Post
As for Seth... people say he gets insanely difficult in round 2, but I've only played it with one round victories, to cut the time it takes to get the secret characters. Sometimes he uses his cheap little moves on me, but it hasn't taken more than a couple of tries to beat him so far.
That has been my experience with Seth. I'm a medium-level player (the medium setting seems to be a decent challenge for me right now), but I've been playing through on "easiest" to unlock the characters. At first I left the round settings as the default, and every time I got to Seth it was the same story. I could easily take him down in Round 1, but I was lucky to get a 2-hit combo in Round 2. Personally, I think the AI throttle for Seth is a little off. I'm still playing on "easiest," right?
Old 02-24-09, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Capcom's SF difficulty settings have always been screwed up. I think their idea of easiest means "easiest to piss you off."
Old 02-24-09, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by rabbit77 View Post
Capcom's SF difficulty settings have always been screwed up. I think their idea of easiest means "easiest to piss you off."
How easily I forget this. I remember picking-up SF2 for the GBA (after not playing any SF for quite a while) and feeling the same way I do now when playing SF4. Ah, good times.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.