Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-07, 05:37 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I traded four games in to Blockbuster last night, to get a pre-order of this game. I can't wait to play it when it comes out. Actually, speaking of its release date - when is it exactly? I keep seeing the fifth everywhere, but that's tomorrow/a Monday, which doesn't make much sense. Blockbuster's computer system apparently says October 30th was the release date, so that's definitely not true.
Old 11-04-07, 06:03 PM

Video of Arcade Mode (unlocks after completing the game):

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/27442.html
Old 11-04-07, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Wick
I traded four games in to Blockbuster last night, to get a pre-order of this game. I can't wait to play it when it comes out. Actually, speaking of its release date - when is it exactly? I keep seeing the fifth everywhere, but that's tomorrow/a Monday, which doesn't make much sense. Blockbuster's computer system apparently says October 30th was the release date, so that's definitely not true.
I thought it was Tuesday, but it seems people who pre-ordered their copies at gamestop got a call to pick it up tomorrow night. I'll be checking after work just in case.
Old 11-04-07, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Didn't Guitar Hero III come out on a sunday? Didn't The Orange Box come out on a wednesday? Why is monday so hard to believe?
Old 11-04-07, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by alxreys
Video of Arcade Mode (unlocks after completing the game):

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/27442.html
OK - Now that is cool.
Old 11-04-07, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

CharlieOscarDelta.com was saying the 5th for a while, now their site says the 6th, The Sunday Best Buy and Circuit City ads both say Tuesday.
Old 11-04-07, 09:34 PM
sk8r1189

I;m seeing 6th for CoD:MC and the 14th for Assassin's Creed.

Last edited by sk8r1189; 11-04-07 at 09:37 PM.

Old 11-04-07, 11:03 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Hm, okay. Thanks for the replies.

FutureShop.ca and Bestbuy.ca say the 5th, the commercial says the 6th, and Blockbuster's computer says it was supposed to be out on October 30th.
Old 11-04-07, 11:09 PM
sk8r1189

Are you sure your not reading "ship-date" as the 5th? Because thats when the store ships them out to people who ordered them.

Old 11-05-07, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Hm, okay. Thanks for the replies.

FutureShop.ca and Bestbuy.ca say the 5th, the commercial says the 6th, and Blockbuster's computer says it was supposed to be out on October 30th.
You didn't explain that you're on metric time before. That may be the source of the confusion.
Old 11-05-07, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
All the reviews are giving this a total single player time of 5 hours?????
Old 11-05-07, 08:49 AM

I was at gamestop yesterday, and they said they would have the game available today.
Old 11-05-07, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Austin, Texas XboxLIVE Gamertag: Golucky Timezone: Central (CST)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by starseed1981
Who cares about single player, when multiplayer can be played for years.... BTW it's supposedly 5 hours on normal, and you can raise the difficulty.
Old 11-05-07, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts
Originally Posted by goLUCKY
Who cares about single player, when multiplayer can be played for years....
I would say "who cares about multiplayer?", because I certainly don't. Just because you're all about the multiplayer, don't assume everyone else is - I've always Loved CoD's single-player campaigns because they were so epic.
BTW it's supposedly 5 hours on normal, and you can raise the difficulty.
LAME! Because all that means is that it's lengthening it through artificial means - re-playing sections of a game over and over because it's easier to die does not make a game longer - it just takes longer to beat it, or in my case, makes me quit playing it sooner.

Regardless, I doubt this game is that short - maybe a little shorter than the other CoD's, but not 5 hours - even with a robust multi-player, that just seems like a rip-off.
Old 11-05-07, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by slop101
LAME! Because all that means is that it's lengthening it through artificial means - re-playing sections of a game over and over because it's easier to die does not make a game longer - it just takes longer to beat it, or in my case, makes me quit playing it sooner.
I don't see it as making the game longer through artificial means. The way I see it is you actually have to use some patience and strategy to get through sections of the game as opposed to just blasting your way through it and seldom if ever dying.

COD2 was easy as hell on normal and while fun I didn't really come away with much of a sense of accomplishment when I beat it. But playing it on Veteran was freakin awesome and IMO the only way to play through the game. It took way longer and was way more challenging and I never felt that it was through artificial means except for maybe once on Hill 500 when you would be in a bunker and pile of grenades would land perfectly on your location everytime. Other than that I thought the campaign was flawless. So if COD4 can come even close to that I'll be happy.
Old 11-05-07, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 403 Likes on 303 Posts
I don't really do multiplayer games, but Call of Duty 3 was alot of fun. So I am looking forward to this one.
Old 11-05-07, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts
Just called one of my local EB's and they are selling the game around 5-6PM tonight, to those who pre ordered, or pre sometime today.

In other news, my 20% off preorder at Toysrus now has a release date of 11-12-07!!
Old 11-05-07, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kakihara1
COD2 was easy as hell on normal and while fun I didn't really come away with much of a sense of accomplishment when I beat it. But playing it on Veteran was freakin awesome and IMO the only way to play through the game. It took way longer and was way more challenging and I never felt that it was through artificial means except for maybe once on Hill 500 when you would be in a bunker and pile of grenades would land perfectly on your location everytime. Other than that I thought the campaign was flawless. So if COD4 can come even close to that I'll be happy.
Are we talking about PC or console? I think COD2 is more like frag fest than objective. I went through hardest level on first play without being killed. I guess I played COD1 and COD:UO too much. But I enjoyed COD2 online (PC version) lot, but it's not as fun as COD:UO is.
Old 11-05-07, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I called my local Gamestop hoping for good news but I was told it will be in early tomorrow. Might try to get it before work but with the cold I have it is unlikely I will want to do anything before work.
Old 11-05-07, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by McHawkson
Are we talking about PC or console? I think COD2 is more like frag fest than objective. I went through hardest level on first play without being killed. I guess I played COD1 and COD:UO too much. But I enjoyed COD2 online (PC version) lot, but it's not as fun as COD:UO is.
The 360 version. I died ALOT!!
Old 11-05-07, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have class till 4:30 tomorrow so I won't be getting mine till after that.
Old 11-05-07, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
I'm looking forward to this game but will probably not pick it up until next year, only because I'd rather first play Orange Box and Galaxy. The good news is that next year, this will still have a multiplayer community. At least from you guys on here.
Old 11-05-07, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by The Bus
I'm looking forward to this game but will probably not pick it up until next year, only because I'd rather first play Orange Box and Galaxy. The good news is that next year, this will still have a multiplayer community. At least from you guys on here.
So true
Old 11-05-07, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by kakihara1
I never felt that it was through artificial means except for maybe once on Hill 500 when you would be in a bunker and pile of grenades would land perfectly on your location everytime.
I remember that part like it was yesterday.. "I'll be safe in here..." 30 grenades later...
Old 11-05-07, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts
Originally Posted by starseed1981
Actually the OXM review puts it at around 10 hours, so even if they were playing it on hard (which I doubt), really shouldn't double it's length. Also, what are "all the reviews" you speak of? I've really only seen OXM's.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.