Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-07, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fumanstan
I have my Burning Crusade Collector's Edition in hand now.
You lucky son of a...

So how does that work. Can you go into the portal now, or does it not open till the 16th?
Old 01-11-07, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 399 Likes on 299 Posts
Originally Posted by fumanstan
I have my Burning Crusade Collector's Edition in hand now.
How'd you manage that?
Old 01-11-07, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Michael Ballack
You lucky son of a...

So how does that work. Can you go into the portal now, or does it not open till the 16th?
I was wondering that, too. I'd assume you have to wait til the 16th since I am sure other people have theirs early, and I have yet to see any Pally's on the Horde side.
Old 01-12-07, 03:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
well got my Warrior up to lvl 60 today and went with some guild members to get attuned to MC. Looking forward to the BC upgrade. I am curious what the quests will be like.
Old 01-12-07, 06:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If I order BC online, which of these options will ship the quickest?

EB Games/Gamestop
Amazon
Best Buy

It's not a big deal that I have it immediately, I just don't want to order and it not even ship for days after the release.
Old 01-12-07, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Non-BC question here:

Can someone explain me how Insignia/Honor equipment works?

I'm in Eastern/Western plaguelands, doing all the things like scourgestones, scarab parts, bone fragments, core of elements, an an attempt, I think, to be able to buy some nice equipment from guys near the chapel.

BUT, even with effecient killing, it seems that I'd have to kill THOUSANDS of guys to be able to get enough insignias to be able to buy only ONE piece of gear. Is there something I'm missing here about the process, or is this just supposed to reward the people who are patient enough to grind away for hours?

-jason
Old 01-12-07, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by fuzzbox
Is there something I'm missing here about the process, or is this just supposed to reward the people who are patient enough to grind away for hours?

-jason
You got it. It's basically time vs. reward. Your AD rep from killing plaguelands npcs maxes at either honored or half into honored, so all AD rep thereafter comes from scourgstones, strath/scholo boss kills, cauldron runs and insignia quests.

AD rep is a long grind. I'm halfway through revered at the moment but I have too much other stuff going on so I just kind of stopped. It's almost a necessary evil since the higher the rep, the lesser amount of insignias are needed to actually buy said items.

So you can either a.) grind or b.) buy bone fragments, core of elements, etc. in stacks on the AH which can get expensive.

However, you may not want to waste your time; BC is almost here and green/blue gear in that trumps pretty much anything available now, quest reward, raid gear and otherwise.
Old 01-12-07, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by devynal
You got it. It's basically time vs. reward. Your AD rep from killing plaguelands npcs maxes at either honored or half into honored, so all AD rep thereafter comes from scourgstones, strath/scholo boss kills, cauldron runs and insignia quests.
oh well- Maybe I'll just do one of each to at least turn the Question marks blue.

I don't try to jump into a lot of raids/dungeons, because I don't really think my gear is good enough- I wa sthinking this might be a decent way to upgrade. Maybe it's worth just spending money and letting someone else grind...

-jason
Old 01-12-07, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by nickdawgy
I was wondering that, too. I'd assume you have to wait til the 16th since I am sure other people have theirs early, and I have yet to see any Pally's on the Horde side.
Yeah, they won't activate the Dark Portal until Monday at midnight EST. So that's the earliest anyone on the live servers will be able to go into Outland.
Old 01-12-07, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have a Logitech G5 game mouse. There is button on curved side of it, would I be able to map that into Wow like say heal or so? I dont see that option in key bindings nor can I map it when I click button.
This ergonomic MS keyboard makes me feel like I'm back at typing 101, wonder if this is a good idea for gaming.
Old 01-12-07, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,653 Likes on 1,032 Posts
oh well- Maybe I'll just do one of each to at least turn the Question marks blue.

I don't try to jump into a lot of raids/dungeons, because I don't really think my gear is good enough- I wa sthinking this might be a decent way to upgrade. Maybe it's worth just spending money and letting someone else grind...

-jason
If you can stand PvP, I personally think battlegrounds are a good way to upgrade your stuff, especially AV. I managed to run from Friendly to Exalted in about two weeks of hardcore playing. That got me my current mace, my offhand, a good trinket and some other armor pieces.
Old 01-12-07, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Draven
If you can stand PvP, I personally think battlegrounds are a good way to upgrade your stuff, especially AV. I managed to run from Friendly to Exalted in about two weeks of hardcore playing. That got me my current mace, my offhand, a good trinket and some other armor pieces.

So true. I just discovered the joys PVP rewards recently. It sure beats running instances with greedy people and hoping you get the drops you need.

In Battlegrounds you simply earn the honor points and marks and trade them in for great items.
Old 01-12-07, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by joeblow69
FYI, if anyone is still looking for the Collector's edition of the Burning Crusade, it looks like it is still available for order directly from Blizzard. I would have grabbed it, but it doesn't seem to me that the extra stuff is worth all that money.

I wondering how rare these really are. The Collector's Edition is listed in both the Best Buy and Circuit City ads for next week as if it's just another item.
Old 01-12-07, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

my manager friend said he would hold one for me to sell, but they only go for about 50 more than retail. Theres no way Im staying up just to get one to sell
Old 01-12-07, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by nickdawgy
How'd you manage that?
I imagine there are 3 ways you would be able to get one now...

1) You work at a Retail Store and stole one for yourself early
2) You know someone that's a Blizzard employee
3) You're a Blizzard employee

Anyhoo, can't do anything until Monday, outside of install the game. The account page to upgrade your account for the expansion isn't working as of last night.
Old 01-12-07, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by KurrptSenate
my manager friend said he would hold one for me to sell, but they only go for about 50 more than retail. Theres no way Im staying up just to get one to sell
The original WoW CE's go for 300+ now. The included pet is a big reason for that. My brother-in-law ordered 3 copies of BC. Two regulars (one for him and one for me), one CE to hold on to, and the new BC guide.
Old 01-12-07, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by madara
I have a Logitech G5 game mouse. There is button on curved side of it, would I be able to map that into Wow like say heal or so? I dont see that option in key bindings nor can I map it when I click button.
This ergonomic MS keyboard makes me feel like I'm back at typing 101, wonder if this is a good idea for gaming.
I don't know about the default UI, but if you use the Healbot addon, you can map spells to that button (button 4, usually)
Old 01-12-07, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts
I must have missed the part about the Horde having pallys now. No new classes I presume.

I wonder if there will be lower level quests available in Outland.

I've got a 60 Human pally and a 60 Orc Shaman I may try to level to 70, but I'm working on a 20 Undead Priest right now, and I'm kind of bored with the same old questions I did a while ago.
Old 01-12-07, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bunkaroo
I wonder if there will be lower level quests available in Outland.

I've got a 60 Human pally and a 60 Orc Shaman I may try to level to 70, but I'm working on a 20 Undead Priest right now, and I'm kind of bored with the same old questions I did a while ago.
No lowbie quests are available in outland; as far as I know, the portal won't even let you enter outland until the late 50's.

There are new lowbie quests in the blood elf and dranei starting areas, but there's nothing new beyond that until you get into Outland, IIRC.
Old 01-13-07, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Draven
Then no-go for me. I DESPISE PvP. That was only reinforced when I just had to do the "capture the tower" quests in Eastern Plaguelands. Yeah, getting 2-shotted by some horde in uber gear when I'm just standing around is REAL fun...

(oh, I am a 60 mage, but not having done a lot of dungeon runs, I don't have the crazy gear to survive stuff like that..)

-jason
Old 01-13-07, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Then no-go for me. I DESPISE PvP. That was only reinforced when I just had to do the "capture the tower" quests in Eastern Plaguelands. Yeah, getting 2-shotted by some horde in uber gear when I'm just standing around is REAL fun...

(oh, I am a 60 mage, but not having done a lot of dungeon runs, I don't have the crazy gear to survive stuff like that..)

-jason
That's one of the reasons I don't PvP much anymore. With all the premades in BG's, it's tough. Especially if they're decked out in the higher tier gear like you said.
Old 01-13-07, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah PvP is tough- I do not have the worst gear all blues and decent ;however , compared to many it is like wearing grays. I am not looking forward to my first attempt at PvP against fellow 60 lvl characters. I suspect i will not do very well.
Old 01-13-07, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Depends on your class as well; cloth classes and hunters aren't quite as gear-dependant as something like a warrior.
Old 01-13-07, 11:08 PM

I don't know about you guys but ever since the 41 point talents came out, I've noticed alot of the classes now can do some ridiculous amount of dps. BG's have become absolutely no fun. And I don't like the fact that BG rep means absolutely nothing now.

There's also been alot of talk of Horde exploiting in AV lately, at least in the games that I've been in. Something about capping from long distances. Anyone know more?

Last edited by SeekOnce; 01-13-07 at 11:11 PM.
Old 01-14-07, 02:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

The exploit was AB and the bug was fixed.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.