Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

Old 08-28-19, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

Originally Posted by nickdawgy View Post
I loved Vanilla WoW, but I'll be damned if I'd go back to the slow and forever and a day to get mounts, and crap gear and impossible to get together raids. That being said I haven't played since Mists, so.....
if they'd ditch the current UI and talent trees and give us the option to play the pre-Cat zones it would be great but the current UI makes the game too easy
Old 08-28-19, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
if they'd ditch the current UI and talent trees and give us the option to play the pre-Cat zones it would be great but the current UI makes the game too easy
Its all back to the original UI. People actually have to read quests again and look at the map!
Old 08-28-19, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by DaveNinja View Post
Its all back to the original UI. People actually have to read quests again and look at the map!
Yeah, but there are a couple of good quest tracking addons like Questie or ClassicCodex that will show you exactly where to go on the map. By default, ClassicCodex actually auto accepts quests so you can't even read them if you want to!
Old 08-29-19, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I've got my warlock up to level 14 now, and I AM enjoying it, but if there's one thing that might kill this for me, it's competing for mobs with other players, and sitting around waiting for them to respawn. I don't remember it being this bad back in the day, and I hope things will settle down a bit as more people give up the long grind.
Old 08-30-19, 07:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Does Blizzard have any plans to "expand" on Classic? Or is it more or less an event that will be over once people reach lvl60?

Like, will they start to re-introduce old patches to Classic with its content?
Old 08-30-19, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Noonan View Post
Does Blizzard have any plans to "expand" on Classic? Or is it more or less an event that will be over once people reach lvl60?

Like, will they start to re-introduce old patches to Classic with its content?
All the patches up through Naxramass are coming, in 6 different phases. What happens after that, is anyone's guess.
  • Phase 1 (Classic Launch): Molten Core, Onyxia, Maraudon
  • Phase 2: Dire Maul, Azuregos, Kazzak
  • Phase 3: Blackwing Lair, Darkmoon Faire, Darkmoon deck drops begin
  • Phase 4: Zul'Gurub, Green Dragons
  • Phase 5: Ahn’Qiraj War Effort begins, Ahn’Qiraj raids open when the war effort dictates, Dungeon loot reconfiguration (Tier 0.5 Dungeon gear, Relics, drop rates and location changes)
  • Phase 6: Naxxramas, Scourge Invasion
Old 08-30-19, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by joeblow69 View Post
I've got my warlock up to level 14 now, and I AM enjoying it, but if there's one thing that might kill this for me, it's competing for mobs with other players, and sitting around waiting for them to respawn. I don't remember it being this bad back in the day, and I hope things will settle down a bit as more people give up the long grind.
It was like that back in the day. Lots of sitting around waiting for spawns and seeing who could tag them first. It sucked as a warlock since people could steal mobs you tagged with corruption if they did damage before the first tick.
Old 08-30-19, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by DaveNinja View Post
It was like that back in the day. Lots of sitting around waiting for spawns and seeing who could tag them first. It sucked as a warlock since people could steal mobs you tagged with corruption if they did damage before the first tick.
Must have been when I started, it was enough time after launch that the initial leveling areas weren't as crowded. I'm having fun still, though, and enjoying the "take it slow" approach. No point rushing to the end.