Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-07, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by joeblow69
I just hit 57.5 today... i'll be able to join all the cool folks on the other side of the portal very very soon! I'm really excited, after 5 or 6 aborted attempts, this will be my first character to get to 60!
Hey Joeblow69, I thought you were rolling to Moon Guard?

Who's needs 60! We could use ya.
Old 01-25-07, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,658 Likes on 1,034 Posts
Originally Posted by RoQuEr
Warriors waffling over how druids are overpowered has really been confusing me lately. I guess the grass is greener on both sides...
For some reason Druids are tanking really well in the new instances. My guild has been all over that, and I've never really been "allowed" to tank an instance with my Druid. I've done two since we started the BC (and am up to 62, though we have at least one guildie who has made it to 70 and several others that are right behind.)

Anyway, it's been fun actually playing my spec for a change.
Old 01-25-07, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by peon73
So I'm in fry's (Manhattan beach) tonight and guess what I saw??? Probably 50-75 copies of these just sitting there. I was pretty pissed since I bought one for $100 off craigslist on launch day.

You shouldn't be that angry- lots of people paid $200+ on ebay for it on launch day.

I think, contrary to what Blizzard said, they did print more CEs. Amazon e-mailed me the other day to tell me they had them in stock.

I still have a sealed one- waiting for the ebay flood to die down so I can at least get back what I paid for it. After looking at the one my friend bought, I decided what was in the CE wasn't worth the premium over the regular one, and if I could end up making a profit, all the better.

-jason
Old 01-25-07, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 228 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by madara
Hey Joeblow69, I thought you were rolling to Moon Guard?

Who's needs 60! We could use ya.
Hmm, is that where the official DVD talk guild is? I might consider starting a Draenai alt there, or maybe transferring my 60 over (if possible). There's nothing but losers on my server, so I wouldn't miss em.
Old 01-25-07, 08:26 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Hmm...I have a Draenai on Moon Guard myself.
Old 01-25-07, 09:42 AM

Is there a dvdtalk guild? i would xfer my character in a heartbeat!
Old 01-25-07, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts
The original server that DVDtalkers were making characters on was Cenerus or something like that. I think there was alteast a "daveninja" and an "ohcuorg".
I'm on draenor now trying to level up to 70 a warrior (61) and mage (60)
Old 01-29-07, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Last thursday my guild was able to get enough people together to take down Razorgore in BWL. We were late starters to the 40 man raids. We started MC in september and had rags down by the end of october. we had lots of trouble getting BWL started sicne they kept having big patches in December (and the holidays scerwed us up as well). only a few of the raid had seen BWL so its cool for us to experience these fights even if the loot is outdated now.
Old 02-01-07, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DaveNinja
Last thursday my guild was able to get enough people together to take down Razorgore in BWL. We were late starters to the 40 man raids. We started MC in september and had rags down by the end of october. we had lots of trouble getting BWL started sicne they kept having big patches in December (and the holidays scerwed us up as well). only a few of the raid had seen BWL so its cool for us to experience these fights even if the loot is outdated now.
did you kite the legionaries around the room or just burn them all down?

Kinda dumb how the first 2 fights in BWL are the hardest 2
Old 02-02-07, 01:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For those who don't have it yet:

You can now buy account upgrade keys and download the game client for World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade directly through the account management section of www.worldofwarcraft.com. With this new direct online upgrade method, you don't even need to leave your desk if you decide to upgrade to The Burning Crusade and join more than two million players who are already adventuring beyond the Dark Portal.

All you need to do is:

1. Login to Account Management
2. Click the Burning Crusade "Download Now" button
3. Enter your credit card information
4. Follow the link to download the Burning Crusade game client
Old 02-02-07, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

We kited the dragonkin and burned down the leggos and mages. i was the orb controller so all i did was break eggs and tank at the end.
We didnt have enough people on tuesday/thusday (our raid night) this week and were unable to give BWL another go. We might just be done with the 40 mans since we only have about 25 people who seem interested enough to show up consistently. o well, the quests and 5 mans in outlands are fun and we can regroup at 70.
Old 02-02-07, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So, any level 70 DVDtalkers yet? Have my warlock about 4 bubbles away from 68. Did Caverns of Time: Old Hillsbrad Foothills the other night, pretty fun stuff.
Old 02-02-07, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by Phuzbox
So, any level 70 DVDtalkers yet? Have my warlock about 4 bubbles away from 68. Did Caverns of Time: Old Hillsbrad Foothills the other night, pretty fun stuff.
Wow, my hunter is about 4 bars from 68 and I just did CoT: Old Hillsbrad last night. That instance is awesome. Did you go over to South Shore? Supposedly there are a whole bunch of "cameos" if you head over there. It was late and we were hurrying, so I didn't get a chance.

Everyone must be too busy playing to post. I know I am. LOVING the Burning Crusade. All the instances I've done have been really cool, and horribly drop rates notwithstanding, some of the quests have been pretty awesome too. We have a lot of 70's in our guild already, and they've started working on Karazhan. Hoping to be there next week!
Old 02-02-07, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

We did some exploring in SS before we started. Cool seeing Kel'thuzad and Helcular walking around town. There are also a couple vendors out there too, you can get an enchant formula and the riding crop pattern. There is also a Young Blanchy in the stables that Thrall goes into (there's a lowby quest in Westfall to get oats for Old Blanchy).
Old 02-02-07, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm still at level 63. we have one guildie at 70 and a bunch in the 66-68 range. i just want to hit 65-66 so i can do Ring of Blood and get a new weapon.
Old 02-02-07, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Draven
For some reason Druids are tanking really well in the new instances. My guild has been all over that, and I've never really been "allowed" to tank an instance with my Druid. I've done two since we started the BC (and am up to 62, though we have at least one guildie who has made it to 70 and several others that are right behind.)

Anyway, it's been fun actually playing my spec for a change.
More likely than not it's druids and pallies who specced protection tanking about as well as warriors who chose arms or fury.
Old 02-06-07, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm 63 Mage Human myself, and in a neck-and-neck race with a Night Elf Hunter in my guild to hit 70 first. We keep flip-flopping who is higher, though I think he might just have a lead I can't catch up to now, as I'm going to be offline all weekend...

Damn vacations with no net access!

-jason
Old 02-06-07, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hit 70 last night with the lock. Went and picked up a flying mount and flew around a good bit. Too bad they are so damn slow in the air.
Old 02-06-07, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Phuzbox
Hit 70 last night with the lock. Went and picked up a flying mount and flew around a good bit. Too bad they are so damn slow in the air.
so if you're on a flying mount, you can't get attacked?
If so, then can't you use it to scout out people to attack (pvp) and alert your guild where they are?
Old 02-06-07, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I flew over Doomwalker (outdoor raid boss in Shadowmoon Valley) and got destroyed. I died so high up in the air that I couldn't retrieve my corpse, had to take rez sickness. If you fly close enough, you'll get aggro from NPCs. I assume other folks would be able to hit you with spells just the same.
Old 02-07-07, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts
I would take a feral druid tank over a fury/arms warrior tank any day now. They just deal with damage spikes better, IMO.

Hit 70 last night, almost exactly 3 weeks from when I started. Get to start getting keyed for Karazhan and running the level 70 5-mans now. And working on rep for those heroic keys.

Flying mounts rule. Even though they are slow, being able to cut cross-country over mountains, lakes and mobs is a beautiful thing.
Old 02-07-07, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

not sure if i am going to buy a "cheap" flying mount or just wait for an epic one. not sure how long it would take me to save up 5K in gold. I am lvl 66 close to lvl 67.
Old 02-07-07, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 228 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by gcribbs
not sure if i am going to buy a "cheap" flying mount or just wait for an epic one. not sure how long it would take me to save up 5K in gold. I am lvl 66 close to lvl 67.
You have to buy the "cheap" flying mount skill before you can get the epic one, and that's where the bulk of the cost of getting the cheap flying mount is. So you might as well pick up the cheap bird while you're at it.
Old 02-07-07, 02:53 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Bear in mind that you have to train for the cheap one first, so it's not going to set you back that much to buy just the mount while you earn.

Edit: too slow. [shakes the fist at jowblow69]
Old 02-07-07, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

darn WOW. I wanted to skip the cheap and move to the epic- oh well

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.