Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Xbox 360 Compendium, Version 2.3

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-06, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael Ballack
I got all the acheivements for tomb raider in a 5 day rental and I stink. You should be able to.
Not hijacking thread but...UGH!!! I am missing 1! Making that stupid magnet thing go up the track to get the last artifact!

resume thread...
Old 09-27-06, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by HotThang
Not hijacking thread but...UGH!!! I am missing 1! Making that stupid magnet thing go up the track to get the last artifact!

resume thread...
It's been a while since I played that game. I know if you do some good google searching, there is a tomb raider website that I used that had some good walk throughs. You'll get it. Sometimes it gets frusturating, but you just take a break and try again later.
Old 09-27-06, 05:51 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by pinata242
Something that is neither a game nor a movie, but somewhere in between.
Isn't that Metal Gear Solid?
Old 09-27-06, 05:58 PM
Banned

I know if you do some good google searching, there is a tomb raider website that I used that had some good walk throughs.
GameFAQs is the best site for walkthroughs and guides. They even have guides for games as simplistic as Pac-man and Space Invaders. If you can't find it there, it doesn't exist.
Old 09-27-06, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Oh man, Assassin's Creed looks amazing. I'm so getting a 360...
Old 09-27-06, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got all the acheivements for tomb raider in a 5 day rental and I stink. You should be able to.
I have to get back into this game. I haven't picked it up since getting Hitman/Comdemned/Dead Rising.
Old 09-27-06, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It's been a while since I played that game. I know if you do some good google searching, there is a tomb raider website that I used that had some good walk throughs. You'll get it. Sometimes it gets frusturating, but you just take a break and try again later.
LOL yeah I have the walkthrough. It just won't work LOL. I'll try it again and maybe I'll be lucky. THe thing keeps rolling back down the track so I can't jump on it. Even the guide said it was one of the most complicated. I haven't played in EONS so I'll try tonight.

Right now I am REALLY enjoying Enchanted Arms! Fun game!
Old 09-27-06, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by PixyJunket
Halo Wars?

Now where's that guy that was literally crying over the fact that Nintendo kept putting Mario in different genres?
Hmmm, I started the Mario is a whore thread. It was clearly in jest and I don't remember anyone seriously crying about anything.

Besides, the Master Chief will have to shake his moneymaker A LOT more than that to even come close Mario's level of whoredom.

Last edited by tenaciousdave; 09-27-06 at 07:08 PM.
Old 09-27-06, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

X06 - Halo RTS, Assassins Creed Demo Video, kane and lynch trailer, oblivion ps3 psp

Didn't see a X06 thread, so I figured I'd start one.

So I'm just posting info/trailers from games I'm curious about, from sites like ign, gametrailers, gamespot, 1up. Just would like to have it all in one place. feel free to add your own links and crap.

Coverage of the whole event:
http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3153740
http://www.gamespot.com/events/x06/i...&click=topslot
http://xbox360.ign.com/index/x06/2006/

Video Montage of event:
http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=1589

Halo Wars an RTS:
Ensemble Studios making real-time strategy based on Bungie's money-making first-person shooter for Xbox 360s and PC
Screens and trailers:
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3154046
http://www.gamespot.com/events/x06/s...&click=topslot

Assassins Creed Live Demo:
http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=2581
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3154071

Oblivionn on the psp / ps3:
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3154065
Yes, the rumors are true: Oblivion is heading to PlayStation 3, and an upcoming cover story in Official PlayStation Magazine has the exclusive first look.
Kane and Lynch trailer:
http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=3206

if anyone knows the music in the trailer please post

Peter Jackson is getting into gaming.
Lord of the Rings director Peter Jackson announces his film studio is launching a new Interactive division--and a game set in the Halo universe will be his first project.
http://www.gamespot.com/events/x06/s...tories;title;2
Old 09-28-06, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

merging to the main thread where x06 was discussed
Old 09-28-06, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,816 Likes on 1,131 Posts
Originally Posted by tenaciousdave

Besides, the Master Chief will have to shake his moneymaker A LOT more than that to even come close Mario's level of whoredom.

Old 09-28-06, 04:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm kinda bummed the demo I stayed up all night for ended up being Smackdown Vs. Raw. Not really my type of game. On the other hand I am downloading all the new game videos.

So how long after the end of TGS/X06 will it take before people start complaining about the lack of content on LIVE? I applaud MS for doing this but it tends to lead to tons of bitching and moaning a few weeks after their show blowouts.
Old 09-28-06, 06:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by tenaciousdave
Hmmm, I started the Mario is a whore thread. It was clearly in jest and I don't remember anyone seriously crying about anything.
No, this was someone else and fairly recent, someone who was really personally and deeply offended by it.
Old 09-28-06, 06:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Anyone found a guitar hero 2 release date for the 360? Is it day and date with the PS2 version (please god let it be!)?
Old 09-28-06, 06:55 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by HotThang
You don't need that artifact to get the achievement.
Old 09-28-06, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by PixyJunket
No, this was someone else and fairly recent, someone who was really personally and deeply offended by it.
I must have missed that one.

Originally Posted by DamingR
Anyone found a guitar hero 2 release date for the 360? Is it day and date with the PS2 version (please god let it be!)?
Right now it's rumored for early 2007. http://ps2.ign.com/articles/733/733722p1.html
Old 09-28-06, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Any way for someone with Microsoft PR contacts to kick a tree and see what is going on with Totemball? It seems really odd to not really have any camera interactive games when the camera just released.
Old 09-28-06, 10:42 AM
tpc

does anyone here use a vertical stand for their 360? any drawbacks to this? I'm thinking this will be the best way to get air to my system given my current set up.
Old 09-28-06, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by xmiyux
Any way for someone with Microsoft PR contacts to kick a tree and see what is going on with Totemball? It seems really odd to not really have any camera interactive games when the camera just released.
Kick a tree? For shame xmiyux for shame
Old 09-28-06, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by tpc
does anyone here use a vertical stand for their 360? any drawbacks to this? I'm thinking this will be the best way to get air to my system given my current set up.
I thought I've read SOME reports that some people had small rings left on their discs when it is vertical. It just does NOT seem normal to keep a CD/DVD vertical.....but that's just me. If I get the HD-DVD, I'll have to try to make space for it. Since the 360 is concave, you cannot really stack it, right?
Old 09-28-06, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by BrentLumkin
The Assassin's Creed gameplay footage is on YouTube now:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3dKCCEFQkrQ

Oh my, that does look like it is a must buy indeed. I hadn't seen anything on this game yet, but I kept hearing people talk about it. Wow. It looks amazing, and there is limitless replay value since you have no set path to complete the missions. The interaction with the NPCs was amazing too. When she bumped a person, they reacted just like you would expect them to, and then the other NPCs around reacted too. When do I need to sell my left nut so I can go buy this game?
Old 09-28-06, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

All praise be to the XBL Marketplace! I can't wait to play the WWE SVR 2007 demo.
Old 09-28-06, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by kakihara1
Kick a tree? For shame xmiyux for shame
Yea man.. You're supposed to be a tree HUGGER not tree kicker!
Old 09-28-06, 11:59 AM
Banned

That Assassin's Creed footage looks awesome. I like the way you can blend into crowds, like he did with the monks. It somewhat reminds me of the Hitman games. I wonder if you can change clothes too because after you assassinate a couple targets, I would think the guards would become very suspicious of anyone wearing white robes. The only thing I am not liking is the realistic damage (ie one hit to the head kills you). This could make the game unnecessarily hard. Look how fast the guy playing it died once combat started.
Old 09-28-06, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by kgrogers1979
The only thing I am not liking is the realistic damage (ie one hit to the head kills you). This could make the game unnecessarily hard. Look how fast the guy playing it died once combat started.
I like that part of it. This is going to be much more of an assassin simulation than just another Prince of Persia game. Did you notice how the assassin took down like 4 of the guards before he died? Your character will be trained in many things, not just killing crowds of guards. The ideal plan would have been that the assassin get out the gate and be on his way, but the gate closed, so that particular person decided to fight and lost. They could have tried to kill one guard and head up the wall or something. Just like when the sword came out and knocked down a balcony, instead of the balcony falling and disappearing like in other games, in this one it becomes an obstacle to slow down the guards.

This game seems like it is going to be much more than just a puzzle game with defined routes. This will lead to endless replay value. I can see myself doing a mission and then seeing something cool during the mission and having to redo that mission so I can try a new trick or something. Just like in the trailer, when the assassin is cornered at the door and the monks come out, he blends right in and is gone. You could use that time to escape, or circle around your pursuers and attack from behind. The whole idea of using the chaos that is caused by your public assassination as your smoke screen seems so cool. With each NPC in the game having their own AI (read this one Ubi's site just now) and with so many different NPCs on the screen at once, this game could offer so many different experiences for each time you play through.

Any word on multiplayer? This game is begging for a one on one match, first one to the target wins, or co-op where there are multiple targets.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.